Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #301
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklam View Post

Getting psyched - two weeks from tomorrow we will be arriving in Orlando at 10:00 AM, checking in at POR, and then going to DHS where we have reservations later in the day for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood and Vine. (that's the 3 of us dancing!!). I'm really enjoying reading all of my fellow snowbirds reports of their planning, and those that are checking in from the World.
Will this be your first time at POR? We are considering it or the Swan for the next trip. As much as we love CBR, we like to try new things. Can you let me know how you liked it after your trip?
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #302
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Shelly... we have often thought about the Swan or Dolphin because they offer such great military rates... but we like using Magical express...and having the option of the dining plan.... when we don't want those things we usually stay at the Shades of Green.... it has the biggest rooms on WDW and the grounds are lovely.... we really like it there... and you can't beat the rate... pool side for $121... no taxes or fees

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #303
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Shelly... we have often thought about the Swan or Dolphin because they offer such great military rates... but we like using Magical express...and having the option of the dining plan.... when we don't want those things we usually stay at the Shades of Green.... it has the biggest rooms on WDW and the grounds are lovely.... we really like it there... and you can't beat the rate... pool side for $121... no taxes or fees
Yeah we would only stay at the Swan if we got a great deal and were not planning on getting the DDP. Which we may not be getting anymore once DS9 turns 10 and would be charged as an adult. We would miss Magical Express, so we'll see. . . We plan to go check it out one evening on this trip!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #304
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Watch for sales at places like Michaels, Joann's, or Hobby Lobby!! Last week Hobby Lobby had all their scrapbooking stuff 50% off and I got a huge album for only $15.00 now I'm thinking I need to already purchase more pages. But I have to find my HObby Lobby coupon first!!

Sunday's paper also has ads with coupons from Michael's and Joann's and just so you know Michael's will honor any competitors coupons so you can use quite a few within a week.

Yes I'm well versed on how to save money while scrapbooking LOL!!
Thanks for the info! We don't have a Hobby Lobby here though. But we do have AC Moore, Joann's and Michael's!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #305
dklam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Will this be your first time at POR? We are considering it or the Swan for the next trip. As much as we love CBR, we like to try new things. Can you let me know how you liked it after your trip?
Shelly: We actually stayed at POR when it was called Dixie Landings "way back when" - LOL! We stayed in the Mansions that trip and I remember that it was really nice. We also have stayed at POFQ and I originally had that resort as our 2nd choice (with CSR being our first choice) and POR third. But, our TA never could manage to get us into either resort, so about 2 months ago I told her to stop trying and we were fine with POR. Have also stayed at CBR as well, as we "enjoy" the price savings of the moderates (some day I WILL stay at GF!!)

After I booked our trip, I found out that the Dolphin and Swan offer significant discounts to teachers, so that may be in our future as well. The only request that we have put in for POR is that we be in a building close to a bus stop and the main buildings, due to my foot problem. I will be bringing a doctor's note with me in case I need to show some proof that I really do need to be close to the action! I will most certainly fill you in after we get back as to how we like POR - I'm kind of excited to see if we will be in AB or the Mansions - I decided to leave it to our CM at check-in (hope that this isn't a big mistake - LOL!)

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #306
BrerRabbit_fan
DIS Veteran

So, I decided today I need a Disney fix. I'm going Jan 25-30 and need to decide between CSR and POFQ. I would never have dreamed to attemp it but even with all the discounts, availability is wide open. Bad for Disney, good for me.
BrerRabbit_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #307
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerRabbit_fan View Post
So, I decided today I need a Disney fix. I'm going Jan 25-30 and need to decide between CSR and POFQ. I would never have dreamed to attemp it but even with all the discounts, availability is wide open. Bad for Disney, good for me.
Yea for your last minute trip! That's so exciting! to our fun-filled thread. I can't help you pick a resort since I haven't been to either one.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 01-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #308
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
We stayed at POR last Jan - only for 2 nights, but we really liked it. We stayed in the mansions. It was beautiful, even tho it was rainy. Not too long a walk to the main area. The food court was great, lots of options. We didn't try the sit down restaurant. There's an arcade, you can rent bikes, a nice walking path, and a cool looking pool. We didn't get to use it, but went and looked at it. You can also use POFQ's pool, which has a big alligator thing/slide. We liked taking the boat down to DTD and back. It's a nice ride, and you go by Saratoga Springs and the old treehouse villas. The room was pretty decent, long bathroom counter, separate from the toilet/tub. There may have been a curtain to close that area off, but I don't remember. We would stay there again.
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #309
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Jen... did you hear about this.... there were less expensive packages but I picked out the one with the most stuff..... sounds like its right up your alley.....

Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Merchandise Event
Date: 09-09-09

The Plot Thickens… After five husbands and five untimely deaths, the Black Widow Bride of the Haunted Mansion will wed once more. Has she found her soul mate? Or will another groom meet his doom? Join us, Foolish Mortals, and we'll dig up the answers at our ghostly celebration that everyone's dying to attend.

Grinning Ghosts – $475
ONE (1) Night Accommodation at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa (night of 09/09/09)*
Admission into Disney’s California Adventure® park (after 6:30 PM only)
Admission into Disneyland® park (after 9 PM only)
“Spirited Séance” - Haunted Mansion seminar
Wedding Feast or Famine Dinner
Spine-tingling Toast & Cake Slicing at the Haunted Mansion attraction
Ride through the Haunted Mansion Attraction
Haunting Photo Opportunity
Opportunity to purchase 40th Anniversary Haunted Mansion themed merchandise via Random Selection Process.
Commemorative Gifts
- Crypt-ic Amenity
- Wedding Favor
- TWO (2) “Depart”ing Gifts
Early Demise Offer:
Guests that register through February 28th only, will receive an “early demise” pin.

Reservations for the Grinning Ghosts package for the Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Event will be accepted only via www.DisneyGallery.com beginning Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. (Pacific Time). Please note: We are now required to have only one (1) Guest per reservation. It will be necessary for each Guest to register individually. Thank you!

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #310
peach3es
I'm stateside!!! :)

Well, my Peeps...now it's time to say goodbye!

We are at my sister's house, just outside of Allentown, the kids are in their Mickey t-shirts and in bed. We leave at 4am from the house for our 6am bus. The kids are psychotically excited...and so am I!

I'm taking my computer, but I don't know if I'll get online at all...just know that I'm sending a shout out!

Catch you on the other side of this magical vacation!
peach3es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #311
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Safe trips to all those leaving this weekend for the marathon! If you're a runner then good luck!!

Tomorrow I begin my massive house cleaning

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
He says no, but I'll find a way to go! ~ A December PTR in the making
DisneyLifer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #312
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach3es View Post

We are at my sister's house, just outside of Allentown, the kids are in their Mickey t-shirts and in bed. We leave at 4am from the house for our 6am bus. The kids are psychotically excited...and so am I!

I'm taking my computer, but I don't know if I'll get online at all...just know that I'm sending a shout out!

Have a magical time at the happiest place on earth!

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Kazooie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #313
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #314
BrerRabbit_fan
DIS Veteran

So after reading all 429 pages on the Coronado Springs faq, I went ahead and booked it. I'm getting psyched. I never booked a trip only 18 days out. Availability was plentiful, I had a hard time deciding where to stay.

Is anyone a cheapo like me? I want to stay in all the resorts one day and the price is right at the moment to sample a deluxe but I just couldn't do it. I'm such a park commando, I don't spend much time at the resort.
BrerRabbit_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #315
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so excited for you and your family! Have a fantastic time at the most magical place on earth! I can't wait to hear all about it!

To everyone else leaving tomorrow, have fun! We'll miss you!

Completed Trip Reports

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: