Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #286
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
I AM HAVING FOOTWEAR ISSUES!!!!!!

For those of you who have had girls at Disney before, what did you take?
My daughter wore crocs non-stop last trip and that's what we're planning on taking for her this time (and my son- how handy!). Crocs were so easy because they could get wet and dry quickly, she could wear them to the pool and the parks and they didn't hurt her feet at all. We did pack a pair of sneakers, too, but she never wore hers.
Jan 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
Feb 2008 - Grand Floridian
distherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #287
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Just heard from my friend Mari ~
Great news about the Jedi Training, but I just want to apologize in advance for my Husband. He'll be the “big” kid trying to push your boys out of the way to become a Jedi.

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Kazooie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #288
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Oh! And I picked up some LGMHs at Home Depot today! DH isn't sure how he feels about having them anywhere visible, but I bet he'll come around...
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #289
distherapy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie01 View Post
Great news about the Jedi Training, but I just want to apologize in advance for my Husband. He'll be the “big” kid trying to push your boys out of the way to become a Jedi.
Ha! You just made me choke on my lunch! If y'all are there on the 26th he can fight it out with my DH.

Which reminds me - have you seen the Darth Vader photopass pics? I hadn't seen them until this morning...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2032236&page=7

Can't wait!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #290
Kazooie01
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by distherapy View Post
Ha! You just made me choke on my lunch! If y'all are there on the 26th he can fight it out with my DH.

Which reminds me - have you seen the Darth Vader photopass pics? I hadn't seen them until this morning...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2032236&page=7

Can't wait!
No, we'll be there the 24th and part of the 25th. Too bad, it would be cool to see two "grown" men fighting over a lightsaber!

Thanks for the link to the photo, we had heard of the picture but had never seen it. One more thing for Hubby's to do list!

LIVESTRONG- JLF 6/5/1977-7/17/2010, I will always love you.
Kazooie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM   #291
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazooie01 View Post
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #292
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by distherapy View Post

Can't wait!
Oh my gosh that is very cool!! The boys would love those photopass pics! They were not doing this in May.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #293
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Rainy day here. I keep looking at my list and wondering what I'm forgetting to do or put on the list to pack.

Thinking of some things that I know I've asked before but forgot to write down. Where do you make the light sabers? Where do I get a Dole Whip? (And I know that one has been answered a million times - sorry!)

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #294
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Rainy day here. I keep looking at my list and wondering what I'm forgetting to do or put on the list to pack.

Thinking of some things that I know I've asked before but forgot to write down. Where do you make the light sabers? Where do I get a Dole Whip? (And I know that one has been answered a million times - sorry!)
You can make the lightsabers at Once Upon a Toy store at DTD or at the Star Wars store that you exit the Star Tours ride into. Dole Whip - Adventureland at MK!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #295
drakes
DIS Veteran

Dole Whips

At Aloha Isle in Adventureland across from Swiss Family Tree House.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #296
drakes
DIS Veteran

Crocs

Well Dh has found my Minnie Jane Crocs (like JenJolts) at a local store, they are going to ship it even more locally for pick up in 2 days!
I just love the brown and pink combo!
I am soooooo excited to wear these !
had to share my news... persistence is good!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #297
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
You can make the lightsabers at Once Upon a Toy store at DTD or at the Star Wars store that you exit the Star Tours ride into. Dole Whip - Adventureland at MK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
At Aloha Isle in Adventureland across from Swiss Family Tree House.
Thanks!!!!!! I am writing it all down this time!!!!!
Am I the only one in a panic yet? There were so many things I wanted to look up and jot down and now I have only 2 weeks left and I am just not wanting to forget anything!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #298
drakes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Thanks!!!!!! I am writing it all down this time!!!!!
Am I the only one in a panic yet? There were so many things I wanted to look up and jot down and now I have only 2 weeks left and I am just not wanting to forget anything!
I was the same way at 16 days out... it all comes toegther slowly. My notes are ever changing, but I know in 9 days, it will be all done.... and if it is not, I still know more now than last time...
My panic is forgetting to do something that I wanted to do and hitting myself for forgetting. I have a list of Don't Forgets... last trip I had a similar list and we were so in the moment I didn't look at the list... The magic of disney makes any trip memorable, even if you forget your dole whip ! LOL

Also interesting is we remember different things- my mom remembers returning to the resort everyday for a swim and nap, I recall maybe once or twice?
Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #299
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakes View Post
I was the same way at 16 days out... it all comes toegther slowly. My notes are ever changing, but I know in 9 days, it will be all done.... and if it is not, I still know more now than last time...
My panic is forgetting to do something that I wanted to do and hitting myself for forgetting. I have a list of Don't Forgets... last trip I had a similar list and we were so in the moment I didn't look at the list... The magic of disney makes any trip memorable, even if you forget your dole whip ! LOL

Also interesting is we remember different things- my mom remembers returning to the resort everyday for a swim and nap, I recall maybe once or twice?
I'm not so much worried about forgetting to take something just more worried about all the fun things I would like to do that I don't want to forget to do. I'm sure we'll forget something that we wanted to do and I guess that will just me my excuse to go back again!

Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #300
dklam
Mouseketeer

Stayed home today as DD had a doctor's appointment right in the middle of the school day, so I ended up taking the whole day. It was a great day to sleep in, as we had lots of rain and then a big freeze overnight. The roads were treacherous - can't imagine how bad they were had I gone to work at 7:00. It took me about 1/2 hour to get the ice off of the car.

When we got back, I started sorting out the summer clothes, and have pretty much gotten my clothes set - mostly capris and short sleeve tops, but will also bring a few long sleeve tees to layer if needed and one or two pairs of jeans. I ironed everything (even though it just gets wrinkled in the suitcase), and even wore my new sneakers for a few hours while I ironed to start breaking them in. I had to laugh about the shoe issues - I always bring too many. But, we are only going to be there for 5 days this time , so I think I can get by with a pair of flip-flops, one pair of sandals, and the sneakers. Having had a foot problem the last few months, I am kind of worried about the walking, but getting another cortisone shot two days before we leave so that should help. Advil is my new best friend - the doctor told me to take it 3x per day and it does make a difference.

Now, just have to have DH and DD decide what they want to bring and will get started on their clothes. I will not pack until a few days before we leave when I have a better handle on the weather reports for the days we are there - it could change some of the things I have planned to bring. I have to leave some room in our suitcases, as DD is flying back to NY to college directly from Orlando so I will want to bring some of her summer clothes back home with us so she doesn't have store them in her dorm room.

Getting psyched - two weeks from tomorrow we will be arriving in Orlando at 10:00 AM, checking in at POR, and then going to DHS where we have reservations later in the day for the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Hollywood and Vine. (that's the 3 of us dancing!!). I'm really enjoying reading all of my fellow snowbirds reports of their planning, and those that are checking in from the World.

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort
4/96 - Dixie Landings
4/00 - Port Orleans FQ
1/09 - POR

1/12 - POP Century

Disney, We had a great time !!

dklam is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: