Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #2176
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

Good Evening snowbirds! I am typing to you from pittsburgh this evening. went home for the weekend to see my mother and to try and find a wedding dress and guess what I found one and even ordered it on only my second visit! WOo HOO
Old 02-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #2177
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan0724 View Post
Good Evening snowbirds! I am typing to you from pittsburgh this evening. went home for the weekend to see my mother and to try and find a wedding dress and guess what I found one and even ordered it on only my second visit! WOo HOO
Oh, congrats!! When's the wedding?
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #2178
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

july of 2010 I am a little ahead of the curve if you will
Old 02-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #2179
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

OH not at all, if you see it and love it, might as well get it! Check it off the long list, right?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #2180
figmentfan0724
DIS Veteran

exactly and that is what makes it all the easier
Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #2181
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Evening Snowbirds! I got Disney Mail today!! I ordered the DVC DVD-just 'cause! I know it's not in the budget right now, but it never hurts to get the info AND it puts another hit on our acct so maybe that'll help me get a pin code in the future!?! Hey, a girl can dream can't she!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #2182
MAGGIED
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds.... cold morning here in Central NY...brrrrr.. trying to get some housework done before I have to go show houses... updated the PTR with purchases made yesterday while shopping... another busy day in paradise...

our girl scout cookies came a week ago.... we have already had a box of shortbread, two boxes of tagalongs, and a box of the coconut ones... forget the name....still a few tagalongs and thin mints left.... our little neighbor girl is the only girl scout in the neighborhood so she does pretty well when she is out and about selling.... plus there are table in all the malls and outside the grocery stores... we are one cookie overload here....not that its a bad thing....lol....

MAGGIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 AM   #2183
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Hi Snowbirdies!

I haven't popped in here for a while... Do I still count as a Snowbird?! Eeeek!

Anyway, I'm in the middle of writing my whoppin' big dining report, and tonight I started my trip report too! So if you fancy a read of either of them, here's some links!

Dining reviews... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068108

Trip report... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2105372
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #2184
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Evening Snowbirds! I got Disney Mail today!! I ordered the DVC DVD-just 'cause! I know it's not in the budget right now, but it never hurts to get the info AND it puts another hit on our acct so maybe that'll help me get a pin code in the future!?! Hey, a girl can dream can't she!!
I'm so tempted to order that video....We received Disneymail the other day. It has a picture of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto and they're holding a sign that says "We miss you too." DH wanted to throw it away - I wouldn't let him. I told him they miss us - we need to go back!! It was a promo for the DVC, but I don't care - I'm keeping that picture!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #2185
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!

We are truly snowy here in the mid-Atlantic region today! The boys took a ruler outside and report 5-7 inches of snow. I know that's not a big deal to many of you more northern folks, but here in Virginia it's a lot! So of course school was cancelled. The boys just headed out to the best sledding hill in the neighborhood...which is, of course, at their school! It's too snowy to go to school, uness it is for a good reason like sledding.

Mmmm, Girl Scout cookies! Ours were delivered a week ago. We've polished off the Thin Mints and are now working on the Samoas. Still have a box of Tagalongs, but I ordered those for DH and he's on a diet now, so we'll have to hold off on those. I know I'm getting old because when I sold them they were $2 per box, and now they're $3.50! On the other hand, I must not be too old, if I can still remember how much they used to cost!

Hope you're all having a Happy Disney Day!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #2186
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

We have now received 2 of the DVC packets. We got one at a presentation on the cruise. Then my DH made a call to DVC. Fedex delivered one the other day!

GS cookies - If you have to wait - stick them in the freezer! They'll keep a long time. I remember the $2 boxes too. Plus now you get less cookies per box!

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 03-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #2187
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Snowbirds!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #2188
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Hi Snowbirdies!

Anyway, I'm in the middle of writing my whoppin' big dining report, and tonight I started my trip report too! So if you fancy a read of either of them, here's some links!

Hello there! So glad you checked in!

Of course you are still a Snowbird!

YAY~ For more reports!! I will get yours added to the list!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #2190
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Well It might be March 2nd but we are snowed in pretty much here in Pa.
And it is still snowing! My DD friend left for a cruise last Friday, what a nice week to pick for a crusie. I was just HD looking at patio sets on Sat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
ABC Bakers or something like that...we don't get our cookies until APRIL 22.

I think that is who is here too. This was our first year not selling cookies, or being a GS. Our troop feel apart. But we sell them from the end of Jan. tot he end of Feb. It was nice not to have them all at my house. It was alwasy so easy to go get a box and then one mor ebox,and then oew money like crazy for them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
We use Little Brownie Bakers in MN. We had our initial sales, and now we do extra sales and cookie booths. We've polished off our first box of Thin Mints and I'm restraining myself from the Samoas tonight. We went to Culvers and I had a big burger and DH and I shared a sundae, so I'm stuffed.

SO can someone help me? Pamouselover, I got your PM and I can't get it to show up?? Exactly what kind of [ am I supposed to put at the end? I'll keep trying!
This one ] at the end of the sig part. If that doe snot work let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan0724 View Post
Congrats! How is the snow up that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Hi Snowbirdies!

I stop by!
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: