Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #196
Remmy
Mouseketeer

Good Evening Snowbirds,

I hope everyone is having a good evening. Mine is ok but could be better. I received an email this morning but when I read it at 5:30am I was still a bit sleepy. It was from AAA about a virtual travel show about Disney. When DH came home from work he went to check out the bath temperature for the children and then his back went out with bad spasms. I should have read the email more closely as it said to register before the event! I went to do it but then DH needed me again and then off to work.

I came home but spent a nice time with my family and when I went to see what it was all about I couldn't go! Much frustration and time later, I did read the register before part. ARRRRR!!!! I am so mad at myself. I wish I had read more closely. Oh well, I am hoping it is all information we already know about.

Thank you Wendy for the list you posted. I remembered some but not the washer and dryer. Obviously but to me was to tell the people looking after your house about which lights will be on due to the timers. I would be the one to forget to tell my parents and my wonderful dad being energy conscious would have turned them off for us. Thank you again for the list.

Thank you all Snowbirds for all your ideas and suggestions. My list is a mile long but I know once it comes down to crunch time, I can pull it all together. I am hoping for great weather for all of us. I want to wear my shorts and t-shirts (plain as I am not as crafty as some of you ) and crocs. I long for the warmth of the sun. As of this time tomorrow I might be in freezing temperatures. I long for a wintertime break.

Remmy
Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #197
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

How is everyone tonight? I sat at my kids' gymnastics surfing for my DISign in vain. DH went and bought a bunch of transfer paper. He's so excited! I think I'm going to have a sign or too that I make for our cruise cabin door plus some HD mickey magnets with our names on them.

If I can manage to make one or two t-shirts for everyone, I'll be so impressed with myself!

Now I have to decide if I should order my girls' crocs - I'm worried they won't come in time if they aren't shipping anything until Friday the 9th. I suppose I could get lucky - technically I could carry them on the plane if they come after DH and DD5 leave, right? I don't want anyone to think I'm a weird shoe bomber or anything!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #198
Remmy
Mouseketeer

News to think about

My mom has a co-worker going down the same last week we are. My mom asked her for advice for us as she has a relative that works at Disney World. She responded back that this person didn't have much "inside news" as you can find it all on the fan websites. She goes on to say that if I haven't booked my ADRs now is the time. She just did hers this past weekend and did not have any problems with any that they wanted --even Coral Reef!! (That is the one she states is hard to get into)

I then emailed back my mom a thanks and knew thanks to all my Snowbird friends all my ADRs were made at the 180 day mark and which ones to go to due to all the positive feed back here on this thread.

I am hoping that this news of her easily making ADRs means not too crowded. She didn't mention all her ADRs so I am thinking some could be to places that are not as popular or have a large amount of seating. I am going for the less crowded (hope, hope, wish, wish ).

I cannot wait to hear back from all the Snowbirds that are there now then all the rest of you that leave before our family goes. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow that we leave snowy and cold Ontario for the warmth of Florida. Yes, it will be a long drive, but with each mile, a mile closer to Disney.

I hope that the parks are not too crowded and we all have magical vacations and great memories.

Remmy
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #199
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
How is everyone tonight? I sat at my kids' gymnastics surfing for my DISign in vain. DH went and bought a bunch of transfer paper. He's so excited! I think I'm going to have a sign or too that I make for our cruise cabin door plus some HD mickey magnets with our names on them.

If I can manage to make one or two t-shirts for everyone, I'll be so impressed with myself!

Now I have to decide if I should order my girls' crocs - I'm worried they won't come in time if they aren't shipping anything until Friday the 9th. I suppose I could get lucky - technically I could carry them on the plane if they come after DH and DD5 leave, right? I don't want anyone to think I'm a weird shoe bomber or anything!
I ordered my crocs from the crocs website and I got them in less than 5 days if that helps relieve some of your stress!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 PM   #200
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I ordered my crocs from the crocs website and I got them in less than 5 days if that helps relieve some of your stress!
Thanks - I think I'm going to do that tonight - if DH ever lets me stop messing with t-shirt designs!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #201
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Here's what I've been doing all day...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post29512418

Boy am I beat ! But I am soooo excited now!!!!

Perhaps tomorrow I will tackle making Autograph books?
Great job on the shirts and cups. I tried a sweatshirt, but I used a grey one and the transfer didn't come out too good. Now I dont want to do anymore in case I mess they up. I think I should have used a dark transfer sheet! Well, maybe I'll give it another try. Thanks for the inspiration .
Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #202
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks - I think I'm going to do that tonight - if DH ever lets me stop messing with t-shirt designs!
I'm going to be printing my transfers tomorrow and doing my shirt then!! I still have to wash the thing...man I am horrible at this t-shirt making business. Should have had Wendy make me more LOL...she did an amazing job!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #203
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singinglizzie View Post
Great job on the shirts and cups. I tried a sweatshirt, but I used a grey one and the transfer didn't come out too good. Now I dont want to do anymore in case I mess they up. I think I should have used a dark transfer sheet! Well, maybe I'll give it another try. Thanks for the inspiration .
What color grey was it...I have a light grey t-shirt and I bought just the regular transfers...maybe I should have gotten the dark transfers instead???

Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #204
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm just worried about getting them on time due to the inventory they're currently doing. They're sending out orders in the order they were received. They haven't been able to send out orders since Dec 30th. I really hope they don't take up all those 10 business days to get here!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #205
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm just worried about getting them on time due to the inventory they're currently doing. They're sending out orders in the order they were received. They haven't been able to send out orders since Dec 30th. I really hope they don't take up all those 10 business days to get here!
Well I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you that they will arrive in a very timely manner!!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #206
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Well I just wrote this really long post but then computer crashed.

In a nutshell what I said was....Today was perfect

Weather fab again at 82 degrees...went to MK at rope drop and rode everything first thing (first to ride dumbo )

got haircuts for the girls and hubby (hubby even got green gel and pixie dust too) I'll post pics at a later time.

Crowds were great in the morning, then picked up later in the day.

It was a magical day,my eyes misted a few times, esp at rope drop and waiting in line to get into MK when my 2 year old was screaming singing "i know you I walked with you once upon a dream"...it was really something else

We plan to get to MGM at rope drop tomorrow too to help with the crowds...the cast members say that crowds are way up from what was anticipated..Oh well..we are enjoying ourselves.

yes...Wendy, my husband says I can rent him out.

Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #207
scraphappyjones
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm new

Hi everyone, I just found these boards from a link on my friend's blog. Anyway, we are going to be at WDW from January 12-27th. We are staying off-site at my parents.

My mom is joining us on our trip and then my sister is also going to m. eet up with us on the 18th. I have 2 dd's 15 months and 3 at the end of January.

We are all packed and already on our way, well DD1 and I are. Dh and DD2 are meeting us in Vancouver on Sunday., then we fly from Seattle to Orlando.

I have managed to get most of the character dinning that we wanted and we will be spending 10 days in the parks.

So far we will be doing MK for 4 days, AK 1 day, Hollywood 2 days, Epcot 1 day. Any suggestions on what parks to do again?

This is our 3rd trip to WDW MK in the last 2 years, but we haven't done any of the other parks because of length of stays and our kids ages.
scraphappyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:06 AM   #208
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Well I just wrote this really long post but then computer crashed.

In a nutshell what I said was....Today was perfect

Weather fab again at 82 degrees...went to MK at rope drop and rode everything first thing (first to ride dumbo )

got haircuts for the girls and hubby (hubby even got green gel and pixie dust too) I'll post pics at a later time.

Crowds were great in the morning, then picked up later in the day.

It was a magical day,my eyes misted a few times, esp at rope drop and waiting in line to get into MK when my 2 year old was screaming singing "i know you I walked with you once upon a dream"...it was really something else

We plan to get to MGM at rope drop tomorrow too to help with the crowds...the cast members say that crowds are way up from what was anticipated..Oh well..we are enjoying ourselves.

yes...Wendy, my husband says I can rent him out.

Sweet dreams everyone.
Once again it sounds like you guys are having a great time!!! I'm a little selfish in hoping the crowds thin out a bit more by the time I get there...but I'm a Rope Drop girl so I hope to be able to ride the rides I really want!!!!

Glad you are having some great moments!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #209
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraphappyjones View Post
Hi everyone, I just found these boards from a link on my friend's blog. Anyway, we are going to be at WDW from January 12-27th. We are staying off-site at my parents.

My mom is joining us on our trip and then my sister is also going to m. eet up with us on the 18th. I have 2 dd's 15 months and 3 at the end of January.

We are all packed and already on our way, well DD1 and I are. Dh and DD2 are meeting us in Vancouver on Sunday., then we fly from Seattle to Orlando.

I have managed to get most of the character dinning that we wanted and we will be spending 10 days in the parks.

So far we will be doing MK for 4 days, AK 1 day, Hollywood 2 days, Epcot 1 day. Any suggestions on what parks to do again?

This is our 3rd trip to WDW MK in the last 2 years, but we haven't done any of the other parks because of length of stays and our kids ages.
WELCOME From the sounds of it around this board...I'm sure Animal Kingdom would be another big hit for your kids so you might want to add another day of that for exploring!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #210
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
Just checking in...went to the Dr for exam and blood tests. When we got to the lab we "encouraged" then to use a vein finder...Their reply to my hubby, "Oh Andy we don't ever use those." I told them-you get one try then you get it. This will not be a fishing expedition. THEY GOT IT!! I was so relieved. We waited around town, ran some errands, ate at McD's, went back to the Dr-No results yet. But then Andy just called, they called him at work and everything came back 100% NORMAL!!! YEAH!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement, hugs and prayers. You guys are the best support system!!

(And we forgot the take the blanket for his lovie but he did get a present at WalMart-a CARS race set)! Gotta spoil the baby! He was great!
That's fantastic news! And, there's nothing wrong with a reward for being a brave boy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifer87 View Post
5 days! But no countdown to DIS meets because you're all meeting when I'm gone!

My alarm clock this morning was beat out by the chirpping sound of a smoke detector. Looks like I need a new 9volt.
Nothing will wake you up quicker than a chirpping smoke detector!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Speaking of books, I bought myself "Multiple Bles8ings" by Jon and Kate Gosselin for the plane ride. I'm so excited to read it! I'll also have my PassPorter that I'll be rereading a million times! I probably won't take the UG. Too thick and bulky.
Ooooh...I might have to get Multiple Bles8ings for the plane!! We'll have our Passporter, too, but I'll only be able to read through it if I can get it out of DH's hands!!!

QOTD - We like Comic Rays at MK. I'm looking forward to trying Caseys this time around.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: