Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #1636
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Welcome back everyone! Would love to hear all about Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDez View Post
I thought I posted this last night (Sunday) but my computer died as it was sending it so it must not have posted. Sorry for the confusion...........
Hello all!
We returned home last night/morning at 1am. So, it was 4am in my head. The airlines lost one of my bags (and still has not delivered it to us).
Other than that we had a great time. Can you believe I did not see one single LGMH the whole week? There were quite a few of us there and I didn't see one.
Anyhow, it sounds like many of us had very similar schedules. The weather was perfect (other than the one day of rain). The hotel was beautiful. LOVED the concierge lounge. Now I want to stay Concierge every time. A girl can dream............
Here is an a short overview of our stay:
Saturday (24th)~~ Arrived in the afternoon. Room was ready early so we freshened up a bit after a red-eye flight, then hit Epcot! Exhausted by 5pm so canceled dinner plans, snacked in the concierge lounge and went to bed early.
Sunday (25th)~~ Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest 2 times, Dinosaur, Bugs Life, Safari, had lunch and were done by 2 so we headed to Epcot. Dinner tonight was at Kona Cafe! I love this place! It is sooooo yummy!
Monday (26th)~~Headed to DHS, there were quite a few tour groups there so we headed to Magic Kingdom. We rode all the 'E' ticket rides (some more than once) and had a blast. Dinner tonight was at Teppan Edo! Yummy, yummy, yummy. We had the most awesome chef. The show was fabulous!
Tuesday (27th)~~Today we did DHS. We rode everything at least once!!! TSM (2 x's), HTT (2 x's), RNRC (2 x's). Tonight we had dinner at 50's Primetime. This is always one of my favorites. Our waiter was terrific.
Wednesday (28th)~~ Had breakfast at Cape May and then DH and my DS's went to Kennedy Space Center. I shopped at DTD and did a few loads of laundry. When they got back we headed to MK for dinner at Crystal Palace, but decided it was just a little too 'young' for the boys. They wanted to go elsewhere. So we just grabbed a quick hamburger, rode a few rides and called it a night.
Thursday (29th)~~Did the DVC tour, then headed back to Epcot. Had lunch at Le Cellier. Rode Mission and TT and then the big rain started. We waited for it to slow down, but never did so we made a break for our hotel. If any of you saw an insane family with no poncho, no jackets, no umbrella running through Epcot and back to the Yacht Club soaking wet in the rain, then that was us. Sorry if we got in your way. It was wet out there! Oh and did I mention my oldest was in a wheelchair? Oh my........
So, we went to the room to warm up. DH and DS (12) went to the gym and then swimming in the rain. When they got back we got some snacks from the lounge and rented 2 movies. It was a nice cozy night watching movies in our room.
Friday (30th)~~ This is the 4 park day!!!!! Went to AK and rode EE, headed to the Cont. Hotel to check out the construction on Bay Lake Towers, then over to MK. Ate lunch and rode a few rides (Small World, Peter Pan, BTR, Stitch). Caught the boat to the monorail and ended up at Epcot. Walked through the 'world' and headed to our room to freshen up for dinner. Dinner at Sci-Fi in DHS, then headed to DTD for some shopping. It was a fun and exhausting day! Whew
Saturday (31st) Drumroll please.........................signed our paperwork for our new DVC Bay Lake Tower Timeshare. We must be insane!!!! Hopefully we won't regret this purchase. So, we finished that, I packed while DH and both DS's went to the arcade, then headed to Epcot World Showcase for lunch! Went to the concierge lounge one last time for a soda and snack then off to Magical Express. It just isn't very Magical when you are headed home.
Well, we got home at 11pm (PT) and realized one of our bags was not there. By the time we filed the claim it was well after midnight and we still had an hour drive home. So now it is 6pm (pacific time) and no word about my missing bag. They said it would be delivered this evening, but still isn't here.
Other than that, we had a terrific trip with great weather and low crowds.
I am glad so many of you had good trips as well. Too bad none of us ran into one another.
I now have 20+ pages to catch up on...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I saw that guy!!!! He was in the far left FP lane and a CM was standing there kinda blocking the lane. She kept telling everyone that he had a lot of FP's to get, but you could wait behind him if you wanted to. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all that day, but I'm used to going in the middle of the summer. I wish I would have seen you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hello All!!!!

Well, we got back late Sunday night and I am just now getting to catch up with everybody!!! We did have a good time--stayed at the Poly and looooved the monorail access and the beach/palm trees!!! Great room--Tokelau #3929! Right by the elevator!!--and close to laundry, bus stop and walk takes about 3 minutes or so to the TTC for Epcot monorail!!!
Sat24th--DTD--Saw Meghan and her family!! Her daughter is a little doll!!!!! She is a real sweetheart! So glad we found her!! My son actually saw her first. I told him to look for a lady resembling Shelby(a girl at church) and he saw her right off the bat!!!! So, that made my day! Ate at T-Rex--kids loved it!! Hung around DTD then off to get our luggage unpacked.

Sun-25th--AK--stayed there till about 1 or so, then headed to Epcot.Dinner at Rose & Crown!!!! I absolutely love the UK!!!!! Food was great--perfect evening! Met an awesome CM at R&C named Amy.She gave us great tips for traveling to England. It's a dream for our family to go before tooooo long! She gave me her email and I will be getting in touch with her for some great travel tips!!!!!! Thanks AMY!!

Mon 26th--MK!! Holy Cow!! BUSY!!! I was surprised how many people were there. WAY more than last January for sure!!!! Still it was okay--FP for what was a must. Did late lunch at CBR. AWESOME!!!!! Kids loved it, we loved it!!!!!Stayed for EMH, still lines were kinda longish. Watched Spectro and turned around and saw Meghan and Sheree with families in tow, right behind us in the Emporium!!!! Sheree is such a sweetie!! And oh my gosh-her little girls are beautiful!!! Of course, the hubbies huddled together to talk shop---about whatever, we girls were just talking away!! It was awesome to see them all there--it's nice to run into friends when at Disney!!

Tues 27th-more MK--still busy---Epcot dinner at Le Cellier!! Awesome. CM named Billy--he was so sweet and knowledgable. He did say 'Sorry' and I made him repeat it! He thought that was hilarious---said a girl they worked with from Texas always made him say it a lot!! HA!!
Wed 28th--HS--Fast pass for TSMM!!!! Mike had Dinner with an Imagineer at the Derby. Said it was awesome. LOOOOOOVED the Toy Story ride----street people were awesome!!! Headed to Epcot for dinner in Germany. Excellent!! Kids loved it!
Thurs 29th--Laundry/pool time. RAINED!! Headed out for dinner at the Garden Grill around 4:30. Great dinner--rode the land ride and did Soarin'.
Fri 30-Shopping day!!! Dinner at China--9 Dragons!! Wonderful and loved the new look. Mike got sick! He was up all night & slept off & on all day Sat.
Sat 31-Gracie got sick AGAIN!! It didn't last long this time. I am wondering if her upset tummy was just from all that food since she had been sick before. I was worried about it, but she got over it quick!!!
Sun 1st-- Last day-went back to MK. Least crowded day so far!! It was amazing!!!!!! Flew out at 6, great flight.
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #1637
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Snowbirds!
Welcome back to everyone who is just returning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Wow that's really cool! And happy belated birthday!

I saw some of your photopass pics when I was uploading/editing mine. They look great! I can't believe they uploaded like they did, by date/time rather than by card like they have in the past. What a mess!
Thanks! Yep, those are my boys with the wacky hats! DS8 wore his Dale hat all week and got lots of comments on it. Especially when we met Chip & Dale! DS10 bought a great big green top hat with Mickey ears at the outlet store--it says "Happy St. Patrick's Day" on the back, in small letters. He wore it a few days, but it was pretty big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifer87 View Post
DF and I have decided to do a Disney wedding in December of 2010 I'm not planning yet, but we all know I want to.
Congratulations!
Of course you're inviting all of us, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I so need to win the lottery or come into some money. I need to go back to WDW!!!! I started pricing things out on the website today. I know, I'm nuts! I just can't help it. I'm addicted.
Count me among those suffering from withdrawl!
I know we'll be back some day...we already have our tickets , since we had bought them before the price increase last August, but then decided to get the special military tickets good this year only. And DH said he'd like to stay at the Poly someday! I stayed there as a kid--way back when WDW and I were young! --and I have fond memories of it. But I'm afraid it will be several years before we get back to WDW.

HOWEVER...we're moving this summer, not sure where to yet, but the most likely contender would be only a couple of hours from...Disneyland PARIS!!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Pluto_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #1638
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Hmmmm....I have 10 day passes....they technically expire Thursday even though we are home. Can I call to upgrade them to AP's? If so about how much would that cost? I got the 7 for 4 deal...so you really have me debating. LOL I am still not even unpacked yet...and I am thinking of buying for next trip....my husband will think I've gone mad LOL.
I had the 6 day hoppers and was told by Guest Relations that it would cost $200 to upgrade to an AP. So it should be less for you, right?

I called WDW Reservations on Sunday to upgrade [I didn't decide to do this til I got back home]. I was told I couldn't do it over the phone but the CM gave me a phone number to the ticket office. I called and she got all the numbers on the back of my ticket and acted like it was no big deal to upgrade. She gave me a confirmation number and told me, on my next visit, to go to a guest relations window to get the AP. And she didn't charge my credit card. So, if heaven forbid, I change my mind or don't get to go again this year, I haven't spent any more money.

I think I was able to do this because I called within my window of eligibility - 10 or 14 days from the time I first used my ticket? I am not sure which.

The number is 407.566.4985 - option #2 is the one you want to select.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #1639
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

I'm having some seriuos Disney withdrawals - same as all of you. Figured I better get on these boards and catch up with everyone so we can be miserable together!

I wanna be back at Disney!! Ugh...weather prediction today was 1-2 inches on top of the foot we still have on the ground from last week. Latest report was there is almost 4 inches of new stuff!! YUCK!!

DH and I talked and we'll probably go back to Disney in 2 years. We wanna do a cruise next year, but will probably go with Royal Caribbean, as we've sailed with them before and you can usually get good deals. I'll take 2 years though - before last year it was 9 years between trips - WAY too long!!

DS is still talking about everything. I bet he didn't stop talking to our friends for over an hour last night about the trip. He did the pirate cruise on Friday (in the drizzle) and loved every minute of it. He says he wants to do that one again.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #1640
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

The good news keeps on coming! Disney wedding now set for September 2nd of 2010 due to graduate school starting late

And yes my countdown is already started

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
He says no, but I'll find a way to go! ~ A December PTR in the making
DisneyLifer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #1641
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Ugh! Reality stinks! I want my Disney back!!!!

I pulled up my photopass pics and still have to upload all my regular pics but it honestly hurts to look at them...I want to go back SO bad. Yesterday we jumped on I95 to head to the store and my ds was all excited thinking we were going to Mickey's again. Poor guy. It will be a few years before we can afford to go again.

I haven't had time to go back on here and catch up yet and honestly probably won't find the time so I'm sorry if I missed lots.

Is there a list of all the Trip Reports everyone has done? I don't think I'll do one but I will post a few favorite pics and a little summary once I get everything uploaded.

Shelly, we were in Martinique Bldg 23- we were originally booked at Barbados but they put all of our rooms (Grand Gathering of 3 rooms) on different floors and buildings so they upgraded us to keep us together like we were supposed to be- WOO HOO! CBR was absolutely beautiful but we definitely missed the steel drums playing throughout this time. Even dh noticed it. Our rooms were the Nemo ones and very clean.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #1642
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I know it is depressing after all that planning and counting down and now it's over and done.

I am working on my reports/reviews to help keep the depression from getting too bad!

Dining ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2079590

CBR ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #1643
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Shelly~ If you aren't sure about dark wood, don't go with the Poly!!!! It's very dark in there. In fact-the lighting in the bathrooms was dim also! I say that is my main complaint (only one really!!) I know my makeup looked awful all week! I had to keep trying to put it on in front of the balconey where I could get real light!!!!

The only thing about the BC we didn't like is that the bathroom sinks aren't closed off-the door is only to the potty & tub. Mike gets up way early every day and it was very hard for him to keep it quiet!! That's our big thing with the BC. I did love being able to walk back from Epcot every night!! We usually hit a diff country each night for dinner, so the convenience is there also. The buses to MK from here were very quick! If the CR is booked or too much $$$ next trip, we'll probably go back to the BC. It was never loud for us. And we were close to that great pool--Storm-Along Bay!!! Also, you gotta meet Art the Greeter--he's a doll!!!!! Cape May has a wonderful Character breakfast too--not nearly as loud as Chef Mickey's. I will try to get Mike to help me post some pictures pretty soon of the room and the view we had.

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #1644
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that for all you Vera Bradley lovers, I have a couple of bags-including a new hipster that I am going to be retiring!! If you are interested, pm me and I will tell you about them. I wish she would do the thing like other retailers that let you trade them in for a new bag, but Alas. She doesn't ...so I must find another option!!! Ha!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #1645
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shelly~ If you aren't sure about dark wood, don't go with the Poly!!!! It's very dark in there. In fact-the lighting in the bathrooms was dim also! I say that is my main complaint (only one really!!) I know my makeup looked awful all week! I had to keep trying to put it on in front of the balconey where I could get real light!!!!

The only thing about the BC we didn't like is that the bathroom sinks aren't closed off-the door is only to the potty & tub. Mike gets up way early every day and it was very hard for him to keep it quiet!! That's our big thing with the BC. I did love being able to walk back from Epcot every night!! We usually hit a diff country each night for dinner, so the convenience is there also. The buses to MK from here were very quick! If the CR is booked or too much $$$ next trip, we'll probably go back to the BC. It was never loud for us. And we were close to that great pool--Storm-Along Bay!!! Also, you gotta meet Art the Greeter--he's a doll!!!!! Cape May has a wonderful Character breakfast too--not nearly as loud as Chef Mickey's. I will try to get Mike to help me post some pictures pretty soon of the room and the view we had.
Thanks for all the info! I would love to see pics of your room and your view at both the Poly & the BC!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #1646
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I know I took pics of the poly just for y'all!! I will look tonight or tomorrow and see what I can find on the BC!! Do you ever look at that Tikiman website? He's got tons of photos from all over the Poly! They are great!!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #1647
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Shawna! It was so awesome that we got a chance to meet up. We were shopping at DTD on Friday too. I'm surprised we didn't bump into each other. That day was chilly compared to the rest of the week. We sure had the most beautiful weather! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly, so I'll take all the info I can get. I wish we would have taken a picture last Monday with Sheree. We took one together on Thurs at DHS when we ran into each other again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
YEAH...that was him LOL! We must have been so close to each other because I was in the line right next to his fast pass machine...lol...we were probable 2 people away from each other.

The crowds weren't bad....but I'm comparing them to Wed. when we were there. It was alot better on Wed....you are absolutely right the crowds on Thurs wasn't nearly as bad as summer crowds.
I was in the line right next to him too!!! What a coincidence!

So last night, I was totally pricing out another trip. My DH thinks I'm nuts and says we're not going again this year. Here's my thinking....maybe WDW or Visa will offer free dining again this fall. We could totally do that!!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #1648
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey Meghan! I am having a hard time adjusting to life outta Disney!! Ha!! We are trying to do school, but we keep getting side-tracked. We will be all good tomorrow tho'-we had a looooong day today!!
We saw Sheree and her gang again on Sunday! We had brought down luggage and they were about to board a ME to get on their Cruise!!!! I know they are having an awesome time!!!!!

I think tomorrow we are going to a movie. If we finish school early, I want to go see Inkheart.I wanted to watch it before we left, but there was just no time. Maybe I can persuade the munchkins to get finished early enough to do a matinee and not pay so much!! I just got back and all my $$$$ is spent for the week! Ha!!! Well, tonight is Family Night at Chick-Fil-A, so thank goodness I don't have to cook tonight! I did last night and I felt weird! Too much eatin' out, I suppose!! but, what can compare with all that Disney food, I ask you?!!! Talk to ya'll later on!! Gotta get my little dumplin' ready for Ballet!!

Old 02-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #1649
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Meghan! I am having a hard time adjusting to life outta Disney!! Ha!! We are trying to do school, but we keep getting side-tracked. We will be all good tomorrow tho'-we had a looooong day today!!
We saw Sheree and her gang again on Sunday! We had brought down luggage and they were about to board a ME to get on their Cruise!!!! I know they are having an awesome time!!!!!

I think tomorrow we are going to a movie. If we finish school early, I want to go see Inkheart.I wanted to watch it before we left, but there was just no time. Maybe I can persuade the munchkins to get finished early enough to do a matinee and not pay so much!! I just got back and all my $$$$ is spent for the week! Ha!!! Well, tonight is Family Night at Chick-Fil-A, so thank goodness I don't have to cook tonight! I did last night and I felt weird! Too much eatin' out, I suppose!! but, what can compare with all that Disney food, I ask you?!!! Talk to ya'll later on!! Gotta get my little dumplin' ready for Ballet!!
I'm so glad you got to see Sheree again. What an awesome family. My DD doesn't have school tomorrow (conf. day or something), but I have a crazy day. Wed is always day and I have to get material ready to teach to my dance students. I would love to take Maddie to the movies, but we'll have to see. I cooked up a huge batch of sloppy joes on Sunday for the SuperBowl and it felt so weird! We have decided though that we won't be going out to eat for quite some time. I'm a little sick of it, but never sick of WDW!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #1650
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Mike said yesterday (we had to go out for lunch-we had NO food!)---I am soooo sick of eating out! But, I never really get tired of it!! I love Salads and stuff, so they are always better at resteraunts I think! Of course, Mike is a big carb/starch eater and he feels sluggish after all that, so yeah, he's probably feeling bad everytime we eat! Ha!!!! I have already done 4 loads of since I have been here. How does that happen? WOW. Is the weather any better for ya'll up north? It's about 60ish here during the day, but the nights are in the 30s. I just wondered if it was warmer for all you Snowbirds who left in the ice and snow!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: