Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #1591
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

2502 on our cameras
110 on photopass
2 videos - Festival of the Lion King and Wishes!
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #1592
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Very cute pics!

I'll have to find my favorite. There are so many!!

Okay, here's a Question of the Day ~ How many pictures did you take on your trip???

Me - 660!
Not so many! I kept 256 (I discarded as I went along). Of course, I took 3000 when I went to Alaska, so perhaps my shutter finger is still burned out?

I think we're hosting a v. small superbowl party tomorrow (we have the biggest TV of our friends...). Non-Disney QOTD: What's your favorite superbowl food?!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #1593
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

To those who said you sent an email to the photopass people, I got a response.

Greetings Shelly,

Thank you for your recent visit to DisneyPhotoPass.com. As you may
know, we only provide select borders and/or signatures online which are
based upon park location and subject matter for each image.

Our technical team is working to allow the visibility and flexibility of
more border options for you to choose from online; however, at this time
we have no estimate as to when this functionality will be available.

We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with our selection and will
be happy to pass along your interest to the appropriate personnel for
future consideration.

So yeah...
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #1594
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
I think we're hosting a v. small superbowl party tomorrow (we have the biggest TV of our friends...). Non-Disney QOTD: What's your favorite superbowl food?!
We're hosting a small party tomorrow too. It's a yearly tradition. It's just easier to have people over here so we can get our DD to bed on time. I was totally against it this year because we just got home, but it's my cousin's last Super Bowl in Buffalo, so we just had to do it. As for your non-Disney QOTD....I always make homemade sloppy joes. Yum!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #1595
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post

Greetings Shelly,

future consideration.

So yeah...
Well that's a crumy response!

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #1596
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Hi Birdies-
Just a quick check in. Got home at 7 am after the longest most scariest drive of my life (ice storms had shut down exit ramps and gas stations were without power and the fog-I couldn't see 5 ft in front of the car. We almost ran out of gas and were driving 30 on the interstate). Had a wonderful trip, loved CBR (sorry I missed the meet-hubby was whiney so I drove all but an hour to Orlando, so I was asleep by 7 pm that night!)

Will catch up later and may do a TR...

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #1597
BrerRabbit_fan
DIS Veteran

We're back too, sigh. I'm catching up on the board and see that there were crowds MLK week. I had crowds last year too so I went a week later this year. Big difference! Only headliners were crowded in middle of the day and sometimes not even then.
Photos taken- not sure. I filled 12gb but also shot lots of video.

1/25- arrival day, Epcot by 12:30. Aside for Soarin, no lines. TT was down for a few hours but reopened just as we arrived so the line was short.

1/26- AK at EMH, no lines, finished by 2 and rode EE twice and KRR three times. Resort break, then Fantasmic. We arrived at DHS at the 90 minute mark. at 40 minutes to showtime, the place looked full. Then we did EMH at MK and it felt empty. We rode and rode with minimal waits.

1/27- DHS for rope drop. Rode TSM with 20 minute wait, repeated with same wait then got fastpasses. Did everything we wanted to, park was not full but not empty. Resort break. Epcot at 7 to reride Soarin (50 min wait) and TT. Illuminations.

1/28- four parks, one day! We didn't plan it this way. We started at DHS again but were in front of rope drop. Repeated with 20 min wait. Got fastpasses and saw Beauty and the Beast. Used fp for TSM. Met characters and left. Went to MK. We had accomplished much more than anticipated on Mon, so we finished earlier than expected. Headed to AK for EMH. After rewatching Nemo, rode the rides a few times each with no wait. It was only 7, so we decided to return to Epcot for more of TT and Soarin.

1/29- EMH at MK. The park was empty all day aside for Fantasyland. I rode BTMR and Splash numerous times without exiting the ride vehicle. The rain kept people away. We stayed from opening to closing. Spectromagic was cancelled but it was raining hard so we expected it would happen. It was disappointing nonetheless.

By now you see I'm a major commando. It irritated two of my friends who abandoned us some days. I'm still recovering but need to say- I love love love the last week of January!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #1598
BrerRabbit_fan
DIS Veteran

Forgot to say I didn't see one LGMH but talked to lots of wonderful people. I saw lots of tour groups but they were never on my line, luckily.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:24 AM   #1599
MindyLuvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Morning Snowbirds! It looks like our January has passed us by. I'm so sad to be finished but am looking towards my next trip. Last night DS4 decided he was going to make his own countdown chain LOL He doesn't know how to make a real chain so he just cut pieces of paper out and taped them together. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he is a couple hundred days off.

As for rides breaking down, we only experienced two little delays on Dinosaur. they were both right at the very end. We were stuck right in front of the big scary dino at the end and then again right before you return to the loading area. I'm so glad that my DS doesn't scare easily. I wish I could have said the same for the little girl behind us.

Pictures: I have so many favorites which I think I've already posted but I'll do it again . . . just because I love them!

Off-property '79, '83, '85, '87, '89, '95, '98, '07
'06 Poly, '09 WL, '10 Hilton DTD, '11 Poly, '12 Disneyland, '12 Poly, '14 WL
Up Next: Jan. 2015, CR!!
MindyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #1600
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Some of my favorites ~

Love those pics shelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Let the depression set in....we're home. This morning, we saw palm trees and came home to pine trees and snow. Yuck!!! Anyways....I'll try to comment on some stuff I just got caught up on.

As for rides breaking down/stopping: both times on HM we stopped (in the graveyard), we stopped on Buzz (I didn't mind, we boosted our scores!), my DH rode Space Mtn with the lights on (we then rode TTA and I took pics!), RnRC broke down right after my DH rode and I was in the single rider line (I got to ride it later though for my 1st time!), CoP stopped in the 2nd scene so we got to sit through it twice, hmm.....I can't remember anything else off the top of my head.

Wait times: we used FP quite a bit so the waits weren't bad. On MK day 2 (this past Wed), we hardly waited at all. Big Thunder was a 5 minute wait (hardly). We rode twice in a row. Splash Mtn that day was a 10 min wait as was Space Mtn. The only long wait time I saw was Peter Pan (45 min). Pirates was a complete walk on, Jungle Cruise was 10 min, Magic Carpets was 5 min....amazing.

Pictures: I think I took about 200 on my camera (I'm not huge into picture taking) and I don't know about Photopass yet. We didn't see any photographers at Epcot in the morning. We got our first card in the afternoon at the Epcot Character Spot. We made up for it though. We stopped for nearly every photographer we saw all week. When we picked up our free Visa pic at Epcot our first night, the pics looked awesome so far! I love the candid shots some of the photographers took at character meets. Priceless! I'll start up a TR soon and I can't wait!

This week was amazing! The weather was perfect (except for the rain in the afternoon/evening on Thurs and it was cold yesterday, but we were at DTD) and we hardly waited at all. Besides the annoying tour groups at AK, I really can't complain. But now, I don't know what to do with myself! I walked in the house and started crying because home reminds me of planning! I don't know when our next trip will be, but I hope it's soon.
Hi Meghan, Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post

Greetings Shelly,

future consideration.

So yeah...
Some responds!
pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #1601
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

For Snowbirds

pamouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #1602
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon Snowbirds! We just got back this morning, so I'm still sorting through things but thought I'd check in. We came back to 12+ inches of snow on the ground, and more coming this week. DS is disapointed to learn he'll have 2 snow days to make up! Go figure!

We had a WONDERFUL time. The weather was perfect (except for the rain on Thursday). Crowds were low - we walked on everything. Crowds starting picking up Saturday afternoon (the 31st) at the MK, but we had planning on only a half day there anyway. On Saturday morning, rode Big Thunder twice in a row without having to get off!!! WHOOHOO.

I didn't see one LGMH - sorry I missed the Snowbird CBR meet - we got stuck at DTD! And, sorry I missed you Meghan at the parade / fireworks on Monday - we ended up sitting in another part of the park (we've NEVER done that before! )

We liked CBR. We were in Trinadad South - so we didn't make it to Port Royal very often. I was disappointed in that we had a non-refurbed room, so it was kind of run down, but the grounds and staff were wonderful. We'd stay there again. Ran into some of the cheer groups Thursday - Saturday. They weren't too much of a problem, other than too many teenage girls withe cell phones trying to text and walk and not pay attention. No loud cheering or any disruptive behavior, so I can't complain.

I'll post more later...need to check that .
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #1603
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Good afternoon Snowbirds! We just got back this morning, so I'm still sorting through things but thought I'd check in. We came back to 12+ inches of snow on the ground, and more coming this week. DS is disapointed to learn he'll have 2 snow days to make up! Go figure!

We had a WONDERFUL time. The weather was perfect (except for the rain on Thursday). Crowds were low - we walked on everything. Crowds starting picking up Saturday afternoon (the 31st) at the MK, but we had planning on only a half day there anyway. On Saturday morning, rode Big Thunder twice in a row without having to get off!!! WHOOHOO.

I didn't see one LGMH - sorry I missed the Snowbird CBR meet - we got stuck at DTD! And, sorry I missed you Meghan at the parade / fireworks on Monday - we ended up sitting in another part of the park (we've NEVER done that before! )

We liked CBR. We were in Trinadad South - so we didn't make it to Port Royal very often. I was disappointed in that we had a non-refurbed room, so it was kind of run down, but the grounds and staff were wonderful. We'd stay there again. Ran into some of the cheer groups Thursday - Saturday. They weren't too much of a problem, other than too many teenage girls withe cell phones trying to text and walk and not pay attention. No loud cheering or any disruptive behavior, so I can't complain.

I'll post more later...need to check that .
Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed CBR, other than not getting a new room. That's a bummer! We had a Nemo room in Aruba. No one else made it to the CBR Meet either. We were there for nearly an hour. The kids played on the playground and fed the ducks and DH and I relaxed in a hammock and watched Illuminations!

My CBR report is about finished up. It is here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #1604
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to jump on and say hello to all my "Sad To Be Home" Snowbird friends. I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet- I left off on page 88!

I can't believe I'm home Being back to reality stinks. A week in Disney goes by much too quickly. I hated to leave. DS wants to know when we are driving to see Mickey again! They were wonderful in the car. We drove straight through yesterday for 15 hours and made it home by 11:15 last night. We'll definitely be going back but it may be a few years. The whole week was jam packed and there were still some things I didn't get to.

Sorry I missed the CBR meet It was our first night and bedtime was a bit trickier than I expected. The kids didn't crash until after 9 and I wasn't too far behind them! I didn't see one LGMH the whole week! Guess that means I don't get the prize for meeting the most Snowbirds huh?
Have a good night everyone! I'll catchup tomorrow- perhaps reading everyone's Trip Reports will help me out of my "I miss Disney Blues."
Old 02-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #1605
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Just wanted to jump on and say hello to all my "Sad To Be Home" Snowbird friends. I haven't had a chance to go back and catch up yet- I left off on page 88!

I can't believe I'm home Being back to reality stinks. A week in Disney goes by much too quickly. I hated to leave. DS wants to know when we are driving to see Mickey again! They were wonderful in the car. We drove straight through yesterday for 15 hours and made it home by 11:15 last night. We'll definitely be going back but it may be a few years. The whole week was jam packed and there were still some things I didn't get to.

Sorry I missed the CBR meet It was our first night and bedtime was a bit trickier than I expected. The kids didn't crash until after 9 and I wasn't too far behind them! I didn't see one LGMH the whole week! Guess that means I don't get the prize for meeting the most Snowbirds huh?
Have a good night everyone! I'll catchup tomorrow- perhaps reading everyone's Trip Reports will help me out of my "I miss Disney Blues."
Welcome back! What village were you in at CBR? We were in Aruba.

I met 3 Snowbirds and one other DISer!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: