Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1546
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
The beds are full size, not queen if that's what you are used to. The kids slept on an air mattress so DH and I each had our own bed!
Ha! Glad to hear we're not the only married couple who slept in separate beds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieandroo View Post
Hey, did any rides break down on y'all? We were on Splash Mountain when it broke down, waited for 30-45 minutes before being evacuated and never got to ride it [this was our last day and it was out of commission the rest of the day]. Some of us were waiting for Space Mountain and, just as our group was about to get on, the ride broke down and stayed that way for the rest of the day. TTA pooped out for a little while but started running again in time for me to ride it a second time [I do like that one a lot - so futuristic/retro, all at the same time].
I know that a lot of time the stops are the wheelchair loads... but those don't last too long.

TTA broke down while we're on it. I mean, totally broke down they stopped Space Mountain and turned on the lights, then evacuated us one car at a time broke down.

I took some goofy pictures while we were waiting:

Our feet!

Our faces!

I took pictures of the castle, the track, the speedway... anything I could to kill some time. Then we were let out by the staircase closest to Space Mountain and handed a master FastPass.

But, let's see, Nemo stopped, Spaceship Earth stopped... Soarin' was stopped because someone jumped out, I think Haunted Mansion didn't stop for once, POTC stopped, TSM stopped... all for a few minutes.

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #1547
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post

I need my sleep on vacation!! This was the first time we took an air mattress to Disney and the kids were thrilled to sleep on it and we were happy in our own beds!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #1548
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We took pics on Test Track when it broke down!

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #1549
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I need my sleep on vacation!! This was the first time we took an air mattress to Disney and the kids were thrilled to sleep on it and we were happy in our own beds!
We looked at the beds, when we got there, and went "yeah, we're sleeping in separate beds through the marathon." Then, "Well, we need sleep to recover from the marathon" and then "you know, this is just more comfortable."

Also, glad to see I'm not the only one busting out the camera to kill time. Oh, the joy of digital cameras!

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #1550
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbah77 View Post
We did end up sleeping in separate bed but we also have three kids. The first night my DS5 fell off the bed three times! (he's NEVER fallen out of his bed) so we seprated and then my twins (who are only almost 2) took up SO much room! I did not sleep very well all week

Quote:
When was that? It broke down on us Monday. We were in the robot room. I remember thinking that I was glad we weren't in the cold room.
We were at DHS on Sunday the 25th! We got there at opening and went straight to TT and it was closed because they had frost on the tracks. There was about 10 CM's all walking around looking confused So we got FP and went back in an hour they were open and as we started to go in line - they closed AGAIN! So we waited until after lunch as we finally went on it. Then we went back with Baby Swap with my Mom and that's when it broke down But really I am from Canada I did not need to break down in the cold room...I went to Flordia to get OUT of the cold

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #1551
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Shelly I noticed on your CBR review that you talked about the pirate cruise...my DS5 went on the one at GF and he loved it too I am so glad we decided to do it.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #1552
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Has anyone else who recently entered their photopass cards have disappointing enhancements available? Like no year 2009? And holiday graphics? And no character siggies?

Am I doing something wrong???
I was very disappointed with the enhancements...this is my first time using photopass...should there be more? I did send them an e-mail asking about a 2009 border. If that's all they have, it's a bummer. They had some many options if you looked at the parks. We added some really cute things to our Visa Reward photos.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #1553
mana_liz
Mouseketeer

Can someone send me the Valentine's Day smilie?

Thanks.

November 1987 - First trip Off-site May 1996 - Off-site May 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Wonder May 2005 - Disney Magic/Pop Century

October 2006 - Disney Magic/All-Star Music October 2007 - Disney Magic/All-Star Sports
January 2009 - Pop Century April 2010 - Pop Century August 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter May 2013 Disney Fantasy/Art of Animation
mana_liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #1554
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mana_liz View Post
I was very disappointed with the enhancements...this is my first time using photopass...should there be more? I did send them an e-mail asking about a 2009 border. If that's all they have, it's a bummer. They had some many options if you looked at the parks. We added some really cute things to our Visa Reward photos.
Yep, exactly. I saw all the enhancements in the parks with our Visa Reward photo too, and also have seen many on TRs that have tons of fun things that were added. I e-mailed them too. We'll see what happens.

I WANT THE FUN STUFF!!!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #1555
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Quote:
Has anyone else who recently entered their photopass cards have disappointing enhancements available? Like no year 2009? And holiday graphics? And no character siggies?

Am I doing something wrong???
Well I must be doing the same thing you are. I sent an email. I have til Feb 15 to order, so they better be making some changes by then.

However I am not at all happy with our photopass pictures. We pre-ordered the cd and now too much time has passed to get out of it. My family is well aware that I'm ticked off about them and I'm demanding that everyone needs to cover my share of the cd, because I'm so disappointed.

We've done the cd a few times and had a great success, very unusual pictures, really great castle pics etc. This time though, our castle pictures aren't completely in focus and there is some worker guy in them. The vast majority of our pictures we look like we are all washed out in them.

Maybe if I switch them all over to black and white, then you won't be able to tell how pale we all look...
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #1556
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
Test Track broke down when we were in the cold room It started back up in about 5 mins but it could have broke down anywhere else in the ride and it would hav ebeen much better
Brrrr....

Quote:
When was that? It broke down on us Monday. We were in the robot room. I remember thinking that I was glad we weren't in the cold room.

Buzzlightyear broke down on us too. But that's nothing new, it always breaks down on us!
You were on TT on Monday? I was there, too.

Quote:
Yes, this happened to us often too. It was very frustrating. Test Track said 30 minutes when it was actually 65 minutes. I wasn't happy!

Then when we used fastpasses for TT again later we still waited 20-25 minutes.

I'm not sure what the deal was with the times being off. We have never had that happen before. Usually they are right on or even less than the stated wait time.
Two of us rode TT without a fastpass when the line said 10 minutes [the park had just opened] and we waited for 20-25. Then we did a child swap - I stayed with the baby and his mom had to use the regular line which seemed to take forever [the baby was fussy and ONLY wanted his mom - that was a rough 20-25 minutes!]. I am so glad TT didn't decide to break down then. We had a rough enough time when Space Mountain broke down the night before - the baby's mother was in line then, too. Three of us were staying with the baby who did not want us at all - only mommy and daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinks2pirates View Post
We're on our way home We are stopping overnight in Florence, SC in about an hour and will finish our drive home tomorrow. Fortunately, we had great weather during our stay until the rain yesterday. However, it didn't really hit until we had finished most of our time at Epcot anyway. My MIL took my niece and our 3 oldest kids to Cirque so they had to leave pretty early. DH and I stayed with the 3 year old until we were tired of being cold and wet (even with ponchos).

We had a wonderful time all week even with the crowds. Saturday the 24th at MK was the worst of the crowds, but we weren't expecting to get much done that day anyway since we had BBB and then a late breakfast at CRT. Sunday at AK was crowded too, but with Fastpasses we were able to ride Everest 2 timess in a row and everyone saw what they wanted to. Monday was Downtown Disney, and it was great. We had never been before so we really enjoyed ourselves. Earl of Sandwich is delicious, and my kids made me a great shirt at the design-a-tee shop. Tuesday we went back to MK at opening and hopped right onto everything in Fantasyland. 5 minute waits at Thunder Mtn. and Haunted Mansion. Walkded onto POC. Our longest wait all day was at Astro Orbiter (25 min.). Splash Mountain was 10 minutes. We got a ton done that day! Wednesday we hit HS and while lots was closed we still saw everything anyone was interested in. We rode Tower of Terror 2 times in a row, but missed Beauty and the Beast. Sad about that since we saw it before and I wanted the 3 yr. old to see it. Guess we'll have to go back! Hit Epcot on Thursday and covered the biggies in Future World. Spent the morning finishing our packing and useing up our our meal/snack credits. Decided not to try the parks before heading home since we didn't want to be driving while wet.

Sorry to ramble. I'm trying to relive the magic before facing reality tomorrow. Safe travels to any other snowbirds making there way back.
It looks like we were following each other around - we did the same parks on the same days, except for DD on Monday - we went to Epcot then.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #1557
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep, exactly. I saw all the enhancements in the parks with our Visa Reward photo too, and also have seen many on TRs that have tons of fun things that were added. I e-mailed them too. We'll see what happens.

I WANT THE FUN STUFF!!!
I e-mailed them yesterday too! They still have Christmas stuff on there???

Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 PM   #1558
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome back! I looked for you at Chef Mickey's on the 20th but didn't really know what you looked like so I had a hard time finding you!
I so totally looked for you too! I wandered around the restaurant in circles looking for you (kinda knew what you looked like, knew you had 2 boys) from about 530 - 545! If you saw a blondish looking lady in denim capris, and a turqoise Minnie tshirt with a red Mickey Lanyard chasing 2 blonde headed little girls around the ice cream machine - that was me! I loved Chef Mickey's! Too much Fun! The characters were slow though - we ended up leaving before we got to see Minnie and Pluto! I would definitely go back!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #1559
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
I e-mailed them yesterday too! They still have Christmas stuff on there???
Unfortunately yes.

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:42 AM   #1560
coffeehousemom
Mouseketeer

Oh I forgotten about the break down.... we had a "funny" one... well Chuck & Corwin did. They were going to go on MS the intense side. They were about to go in when a CM stopped them & apologized said that they would have to move to a different capsule because someone had umm gotten sick in the last ride. Other than that we only had a few where you could tell that they were pausing for wheelchairs or people that needed help getting on.

I was a little disappointed in photopass borders etc. But they are still cool. To be honest its not a big deal cause I know Chuck will end up doing his own thing to all our pics anyhow. The joys of being married to a graphic artist.
coffeehousemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: