Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

Meg's (OceanGdss) Wedding TR!! SBP/Ariel's + Honeymoon!

Hey girls (& guys!!)

We're still honeymooning at WDW, but DH (ooh!! thats the first time ive typed 'dear hubby'!!!) is off golfing. I've already been down to DTD to spend his money this morning so I figured I'd start my TR a little early!!

I'll start with some reviews and a few pics...ill finish it up after the HM later this week. Don't forget to follow along our LIVE TR here on the DIS...the link is in my siggie.

VENDORS

Randy Chapman~~ AAA+++ Wow!! What can I say about Randy other than I LOVE him!!! lol He did our engagement photos last year and from day 1 I fell in love with his style and work. The day of the wedding I was a nervous wreck, but the minute Randy walked in the door my pulse immediately began to slow, my heart rate returned to normal, and my nerves were settled. Having Randy there was like having another wedding planner. He has dont all of this so many times he just took over. It was great. I literally said 'here's my dress, here's my jewelry..have fun!' and he started with photos while me and the girls finished getting ready for the ceremony. He was NEVER in the way...during the ceremony DH and I barely knew he was there. His personality was great. He was so patient with my talkative 5 yr old niece/FG, and was even MORE patient when I, the bride, had a few moments of stress/panic/worry. All of our family and friends loved him. I would recommend him over and over and over again. AND..he even arrived a few minutes early to my bridal suite, he said it was so I wouldn't look at the clock 2 minutes after he was supposed to be there and freak out such a doll!!! 'And we're walking' my BP will get that lol

Some Randy sneak peeks...

Stan w/ STVS ~~ AAA+++ Again...a perfect vendor!!! Stan was there perfectly on time, knew exactly where to be and when to be there. I was always worried the videographer would be in the way or noticable, but Stan was quiet as a mouse. He was so sweet, even got a few hugs from me on the wedding day lol. He went above and beyond with his service. He caught everything we had asked on film, never missed a beat...even as the reception was dwindling and an impromptu conga line was started, Stan was right there to catch it. Every time a spur-of-the-moment thing happened, I could always see Stan just over the rail, or right behind Randy as they both caught the moment for us to see again and again. He had the sneak peek ready at the reception...and had already captured our vows..which had my DH and I in tears all over again (yes..we bawled like babies the whole day lol). We can't wait to see the whole production!!

Beaute Speciale~~ AAA+++ If you're debating whether or not to hire these lovely ladies DO IT!! All 4 of my bridesmaids and myself had our hair done with them, and mine & my MOH's makeup. None of us had hair/makeup trials, so we were all kind of nervous. But all I did was show Ana pics of what I wanted and she not only matched it...she IMPROVED it!!! I received countless compliments on my hair and makeup on the wedding day. And it stayed put the WHOLE day!! (even if I DID pull 51 bobby pins out that night lol) My makeup was applied at 9:30am and, even after several tear sessions, a reception, and a 2 hour nap..was still perfect at 12midnight for Jellyrolls!!! Thanks girls!! They even gave my FG a little pixie dust with a quick updo on the spot.

Pics of me getting dolled up...

My FG's hair... (this was done in a quick sec as a favor fron Ana...thank u SO much!!!!!!)

Removing all the bobby pins!!

At JR later that night...(I'm on the left, then MIL, and BM/SIL)

Marion Stewar & her assistant(s), DFTW~~ AAAAAA+++++++
Our wedding was perfect BECAUSE of this team!! I had so many family members/BP members ask me questions in the weeks leading up to the wedding and I would always say 'Marion has it covered..dont worry'. My planner was amazing. I loved her from day 1 and I would never have asked for a different person. Wow..she was amazing! He whole team was perfect!! If I was thristy, there was water, if my dress/crinnie was bunched, they were under there fixing it! They bustled me, held my train, enetertained my FG...everything. This wedding would not have been what it was if it wasn't for these girls. One of my favorite memories from the wedding day was after my BMs and FG had gone up the aisle, My mom and I were lined up to walk up the aisle, the music had started...but I was frozen. I was so nervous, but I looked over my left shoulder and saw Marion standing in the distance...she had a smile on her face a mile wide. She gave a slight nod of her head and I knew it was time..and I was going to be ok. It sounds so sappy, but its true. I knew in that moment that Marion did not simply look at this as a job, but as an opportunity to make dreams come true. She represents everything magical about Disney.....Thank You Marion!!!

Laura Kidd, Disney Floral~~ AAA+++
I spoke very little with Laura, but she still managed to make everything perfect!!!! The ceremony decor was absolutely gorgeous, all of my last minute changes had been taken care of, my purse & the FGs basket were delivered perfectly on time. The centerpieces were everything & more I could have asked for....I had a vision for my wedding and it was as if Laura went into my head and pulled it out herself. Amazing. if you have her...you are in EXCELLENT hands!!!!

Disney Catering Staff~~ AAA+++++++++++!!!!!
This will be quick...but there is NOTHING I would change about the food at our reception!!!!! It was, in a word, amazing! We have received so many compliments on our menu...the food was every bit Disney-Quality! If you're worried you'll get dry meat and cold sides...dont be. It is a true masterpiece what they pull together. And the cake was gorgeous!! I had been so nervous about if I'd truly like the cake or not....but it was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Disney!!!!

Ok...thats it for now...ill start the REAL TR in just a few days!! (Or if I get bored later during the trip lol) We only have 2 more nights left...kind of sad...but we've had a blast here!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
tlhbdm
1354.40 miles away from the mouse

Yay Meg, I'm so excited that you started your TR all ready and you are still on your honeymoon. I can't wait to read more!!!!

BTW, you look absolutely gorgeous in those randy pictures.
1992-Carribean Beach, 1993-POFQ, 1996-POFQ, 2001-POFQ, 2002-POR , 2005-Cornado Springs , 2006-Pop Century , May 2007-Pop Century, , December 2007-Contemporary, 2009-SSR, 2010-WLV, 2011-WLV , 2013-POR & Off-site, 2014-WL

Me(25) DH(26)
tlhbdm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Disney-Bride2010
Mouseketeer

Meg your Randy pics are gorgeous!! I'm already wanting to see more! Have fun on the rest of your trip!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Cosi Bella
Mouseketeer

Meg, your pics are GORGEOUS.... omg I can't wait to see more!!!

The first one, your dress looks like a dream. Its so beautiful! Hope you are having fun on your HM!!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Great vendor reviews Meg! Very helpful especially since we have some of the same vendors. Your Randy teasers are gorgeous!
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Beep
My heart and soul live in Florida!

Hey Meg,

It sounds like the whole thing was fantastic! It's brilliant to read the reviews of the vendors too as we have Randy and Ana booked.

Have a great honeymoon (enjoy spending huby's money) and keep us updated when you can.

UK Spending Game #5
Beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
camara381
DIS Veteran

Yay the vendor revies are fabulous!!! Thanks for doing those! I can't wait to read the TR! wait... are you doing a seperate one from DJ's or are you guys doing it together? I am loving his. He does all the writing and you post all the pictures.

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

OMG Meg, those Randy pics are GORGEOUS. I love them! Your dress looks so amazing in them! can't wait to see and hear more!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #9
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

Thanks girls!!! We're just popping in the room for a second, went to DHS this morning to ride Toy Story Mania...it was SO cool!! More info will be in my TR further on

To answer a question real quick...Deej is doing the live TR while we're here, but I will be putting all the details in this TR as well along with pics. So stay tuned!!!!

Off to grab some yummy Boardwalk Pizza!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
KeenHo
Proud WISH Team Member, Runner

Smile

Meg & Deej~ The photos you have posted are stunningly beautiful.

It was a real pleasure to meet you in the Magic Kingdom as part of the Bride get-together on Saturday! Congratulations on your marriage, I wish you all of the happiness and love Cam and I have enjoyed these past 24 years, 1 day and 5 hours (+/-).

I hope we can meet up again in the future! Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon; do it right and it never ends.

Hugs,

Howard
Current Personal Bests: 5K: 22:01; 10K: 48:58; 15K: 1:20:06; Half Marathon: 1:39:36; Marathon: 3:46:41

On the Horizon: Delaware Distance Classic 15K, October 7; Atlantic City (NJ) Marathon, October 21, New York City Marathon, November 4; Walt Disney World Half Marathon, January 12, Walt Disney World Marathon, January 13

KeenHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #11
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Yay! I'm glad you started your TR! Your Randy pics are beautiful!
Old 12-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #12
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Welcome home! and Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pics. Loved the live TR!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
XmasPixie
Mouseketeer

Hey Meg!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm loving your report so far. And your pictures are gorgeous.

HIJACK ALERT I am jealous of your Randy pictures - how did you manage to get a few sneak ones? I don't know how I am going to keep my patience waiting for mine END OF HIJACK They are beautiful though!!

Looking forward to reading more. I hope you are enjoying yourself
XmasPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
twiu
DIS Veteran

Hey slacker!!! Start writing....

*Facebook*
*Twitter*
*My Website*
*Blog**Uniquely Inviting*
twiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #15