Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #301
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
20 pages

Oh yes, CSR is beautiful!!

I must admit, POFQ doesn't appeal to me for 1 very odd reason...those alligators they have around. I know I just said on my TR how much I am fascinated by alligators but only the real things. Those at POFQ just give me the creeps (seriously, I don't know why )

and yes, I see the perfect spot for Nobby in the bottom right of that picture!

Glad to hear all was well when you got home, no dead pets or children to be killed
Katie -

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Stupid work computer!!!! Where the heck was it??? Am I blind??? well, I actually did have to work hard today. The Holiday slump is over and we are back to business as usual!

That's so funny that the alligators creep you out! I think they are kind of silly looking!

Ahhh Nobby..... he will need quite a few drinks if he's with us at gnomefest!

Yeah for alive pets! and children! (although I was ready to kill my son when he I discovered he couldn't even empty the dishwasher!)

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #302
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
You better believe we'd all be there rooting for you!!
It would be fun to have someone we actually know competing!!

Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Yep, sign her up for gnomefest!! Trust me, you wouldn't want it to be me from our group I'm not all that interested in the attraction generally speaking BUT would definitely go if a gnomie was in it!!

OK - I think I could do it for my gnomies. There must be something in those 113 songs that I can sing! By then, they may have even more songs to choose from. Now all I have to do is schedule and make it through the first audition. That would be a hoot - to actually make it into the show and have a room full of girls and Nobby routing for me.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #303
MEK
DIS Veteran

addendum ..... More Firsts!!!!!!

6. I found the path and ran from SSR to OKW. I also passed the actual tree house villas, although I couldn't see much except a big crane! Would I do it again - Oh, yeah, I'll be back to SSR and I will definately run over to OKW again. This time I will poke around a little bit more.

7. I had a slushie in China - not an alcoholic one, but a really tasty one! Would I do it again - Heck, yeah, but next I time I will try one of the alcoholic slushies! If only I had found those first! And I am definately trying a grey goose slushie!

8. I bought t-shirts at 40% off! I have NEVER bought a T-shirt at Disney, because I think they are ridiculously overpriced. I've bought them at the Disney store, but never at the world. I am a cheap-skate at heart (I mean, thrifty), but at 40% off I will definately be buying them again. Especially since I know my kids really liked the soccer ones from England.

9. I got stuck on Test Track. Would I do that again?.... Not if I can help it!

10. I ate at the California Grill and watched the fireworks from the observation deck! This was truely the HIGHLIGHT of my trip! I had such a super fantastic time. Seriously, with a little bit of wine, a great waiter, a spectacular view, great food, and my DH I was in magic heaven!

OK, that's five more firsts! I be back to post more later (when I think of them)

Old 01-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #304
MEK
DIS Veteran

5 more firsts.....

I tried to add this list yesterday, but despite signing in on my DH's computer, I could not get the post to send. This happened twice, so I finally gave up! I will try again now.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #305
twinmom
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed your trip report and am sad it is over. I loved all the pictures.

Two years ago I went without the kids and I noticed so much more on the rides, etc. Since I wasn't worried about my boys or having to "separate" them or even just talking to them I was able to really notice all the little details. Of course the other thing I noticed was how many familys were crabby with each other.......I tend to easedrop some I vowed the next time I took the kids I would try to be more laid back.......and I was.

I am going solo again in 10 days. I might try the advantage mystery car. I learned to drive a stick in San Fransisco. Nothing can faze me now. I am taking ME for the first time and am a little leary about not having a car at my disposal.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Laurie
Old 01-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #306
MEK
DIS Veteran

Continued......

11. We walked from the Contemporary to the MK. Would I do it again???? You bet! I really hope to stay at the CR some day, so I better be walking to the MK

12. We rode TSM. Would I do it again? I hope to heck I get to ride TSM again. I just need to figure out how to get an earlier return time!

13. I went on Jungle Cruise at night. Will I do titgain? I actually rode JC more this trip than I have in the last 5 years. I hope I ride again at night, but I really want Jessica as my tour director again! It won't be the same without her.

14. I bought T-shirts at Disney. I never buy T-shirts at Disney because they are so ridiculously overpriced. Would I do it again? Yes....as long they are 40% off. My DS 15 loved his soccer shirt from England and DS 14 loved his Mickey. They both have worn their shirts many times!

15. I toured resorts. Would I do it again? Absolutely. I hope to build a resort day into all my future trips. That was really fun and relaxing. Since I can pool hop when I stay DVC, I might try that next trip!

So, those are my top 15 firsts.

I've enjoyed sharing my trip with you. It helped me relive all the excitment. Hard to believe it took me three weeks to write about a 4 day trip! What the heck, it was fun!

So.... See you all around the world. This reporter is over and out!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #307
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Great report MEK!!! I'm glad it took 3 weeks... I'm gonna miss it now that its all done!!

See ya on the gnome thread
Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #308
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wonderful report MEK. I have really, really enjoyed it. I am sorry it's over but am looking forward to your next TR in June!!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #309
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
I enjoyed your trip report and am sad it is over. I loved all the pictures.

Two years ago I went without the kids and I noticed so much more on the rides, etc. Since I wasn't worried about my boys or having to "separate" them or even just talking to them I was able to really notice all the little details. Of course the other thing I noticed was how many familys were crabby with each other.......I tend to easedrop some I vowed the next time I took the kids I would try to be more laid back.......and I was.

I am going solo again in 10 days. I might try the advantage mystery car. I learned to drive a stick in San Fransisco. Nothing can faze me now. I am taking ME for the first time and am a little leary about not having a car at my disposal.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Laurie
Laurie - Driving stick in San Francisco! You rock! You are the perfect candidate for the mystery car! Hey, I'll be begging for that car when gas goes back up to $4.00 a gallon.

So excited for you doing a solo trip. I hope you have a fantastic time! It is funny the things you notice when you have no distractions!

Thanks for sticking with me for my TR.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #310
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey Paula and LL......

You are my most faithful readers. Thanks for checking in with me everyday. I'll be back on the gnome thread soon.

I actually need some suggestions for where to stay my last 3 nights in Disney. I'm staying 5 nights AKL and then I want to stay 3 more nights, but I don't want to "break the bank" to do it. And now it looks like there may not be any AP discounts on the weekend (DH still has an active AP). And I need two rooms because my kids really need their own room. I hate to go from AKL to the All Stars. I'm actually considering going off site to get bigger accomodations for less money!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #311
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You are my most faithful readers. Thanks for checking in with me everyday. I'll be back on the gnome thread soon.

I actually need some suggestions for where to stay my last 3 nights in Disney. I'm staying 5 nights AKL and then I want to stay 3 more nights, but I don't want to "break the bank" to do it. And now it looks like there may not be any AP discounts on the weekend (DH still has an active AP). And I need two rooms because my kids really need their own room. I hate to go from AKL to the All Stars. I'm actually considering going off site to get bigger accomodations for less money!
What about POFQ? You seemed to really like it.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #312
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What about POFQ? You seemed to really like it.
haha I was gonna suggest that or CSR, since you said that you'd like to try it anyways
Old 01-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #313
salukidog
Earning My Ears

Going to WDW in 5 days with wife and myself and leaving kids at home. Sons are 18 and 16 so there is no worry with them. Sister in law is 3 blocks away and mother in law is 5 blocks away. We home school and they will have plenty to keep them busy during the 4 school days we are gone. Is our first trip without them in the 20 years we have been married.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #314
jennykay
Mouseketeer

Aw, MEK, I'm sorry your report is over! I've really enjoyed it! I think I have been living vicariously through you... .... oh, well, maybe someday.
Thanks for sharing!

1989-offsite
1992-one day in MK-offsite
9/2007-Pop Century - MNSSHP
9/2008-ASMovies
10/2012-Pop Century
Old 01-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #315
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Over and out?? Already??? I've so enjoyed your report I'm not ready for it to be over!

So are you ready for inauguration day? Maybe you are already in DC? Will you post about your experiences at the inauguration either her or on gnome thread?

Loved your pictures of AKL although I will confess that knowing we were there at the same time I was praying as I was scrolling that you didn't catch a shot of me in my bathing suit!!

Quote:
Before Katie and LL even said they thought CSR would be a good place for gnomefest, I laughed to myself when I say this picture, because I realized that I might have found a perfect spot for Nobby!

I saw this bar outside near the seating area I showed you. What do you think????? I think Nobby might be very happy here. Paula - can you photoshop him in for our viewing pleasure!
PERFECT!!

Quote:
4. I walked the path from DH to the Boardwalk to Epcot - very cool. Would I do this again????? - Do, I need to even answer that? That was one freak'n long walk and it was definately blister inducing. However, if I ever get to stay in the boardwalk area (which I better before I die), I would definately run on this path. I am one of those crazy people who prefer running over walking. It's faster and less blister inducing!
Really? I didn't think it was a bad walk at all! I think it has to do with my control issues and just being happy to be under my own power and only depending on myself to get somewhere.

Quote:
6. I10. I ate at the California Grill and watched the fireworks from the observation deck! This was truely the HIGHLIGHT of my trip! I had such a super fantastic time. Seriously, with a little bit of wine, a great waiter, a spectacular view, great food, and my DH I was in magic heaven!
So on my list for a future visit. Hopefully not a solo visit, if you know what I mean. Sound very romantical.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: