Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #212
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
You were very lucky to get tickets! I'm glad you did because I love hearing about the special events.
I know. Plus we were able to get the DVC discounted tickets! Twenty bucks is Twenty bucks. Going to post a little more now.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #213
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know. Plus we were able to get the DVC discounted tickets! Twenty bucks is Twenty bucks. Going to post a little more now.
Oooh!! That's even better.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #214
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 14 (Continued)

For of all, I must say that I am excited to have reached the 200 post mark! I don't think I reached this on my last TR. THANK YOU READERS, especially faithful LL who visits me every morning.

Secondly, I must apologize for my short post last night. This is my first full week of work in about 4 weeks and I am feeling the burn! I can't keep my eyes open at night and I make a bunch of mistakes and forget what I am writing about. It's similar to Altzheimer's, I suspect.

I can't post pics now, but I can still write a bit more about the party. I took soooooooo many pics of the Christmas show, the fireworks, and the parade. Especially the show. I must have taken at least 50 of the show, so there must be a few good ones in there somewhere. However, I kept getting super annoyed because there was this big headed guy in front of me. I kept getting his head in my pictures! Everytime I would move in one direction, so would he. Sooooooo annoying!

So when I left off last, we had just gotten off of TTA and decided not to stand for the show. We took our time and walked over to Fantasyland. We decided to ride the Snow White ride because there was absolutely no line. I am not sure whether I have ever been on this ride. You see, I didn't start going to Disney until my kids were already "too cool" or not interested in this ride. I don't even know the exact name of this ride. So I could use a little help here. We got in a car with a little girl who was so adorable. The ride was cute. It would definately be fun to take a small kid on this ride. I also like the Peter Pan ride, but we skipped it cause the line was longer. Pooh, I can definately live without.

When we got off the ride, I got a bright idea Yeah, I know, hard to believe. But it suddenly occurred to me that it wasn't 7pm yet and if we walked really fast we could jump on Jungle Cruise before it closed. I wanted to experience this ride at night. So we walked really, really fast over to JC. I wasn't even sure whether they would let us on. "Are we too late?", I asked. "No, plenty of time", said the CM.

I am so glad we did this ride at night. Not neccessarily because it seemed that much different at night, but because we had THE BEST CAPTAIN EVER! Her name was Jessica and she was superb. Every once in a while you meet a CM who does a spectacular job. Someone who really captures your undivided attention, who draws you right in, no matter how contrived the script. That was Jessica. She was this cute, tiny, blond haired girl with an Aussie accent. Plus she was an acrobat and a well versed speed talker. When she would look right at you, you could feel yourself squirm. I started thinking, like a kid unprepared for class, "Oh NO, please don't pick me"

She took a boy, who looked between 8 and 10, and had him drive the boat. Then she somehow got the boat to swerve and did this exaggerated mannerism where she almost turned herself upside to simulate a near miss fall. It was very funny. She did the same script as Sunday's JC captain, but she was 10X better. Loved her. I hope she is destined for great things, because she was super talented.

I have had two other CM's who really stand out in my mind. One was a girl, years ago, who took us on safari. The other was a girl who was the gangster on the GMR. Funny how my three most memorable CM's were girls!

After JC, we stopped and got some hot chocolate. Now I have heard some bad things about the hot chocolate from posters on the DIS boards. In fact, that is my biggest recollection from the posts I have read about MVMCP - the hot chocolate is too watery. I can't tell you how many times I have read that. Oh yeah - and the cookies are stale. Silly, picky people - the hot chocolate was fine, not too hot, not too cold, not too watery, not too thick - just right! The cookies were good, too. Trust me, I had alot of hot chocolate and cookies that night. I may have eaten healthy for dinner, but I made up for it later!

I may leave off here, because I actually have a picture to go along with what I want to say next. I will just say that we rode several more rides in the next hour. It was amazing. I have never seen rides so empty!

So, here is my 1st impression of the Christmas party - If you need a ticket for a night in the park and you want to just ride everything - WOW - I think you can almost do it. Despite a sold out crowd, the rides were amazingly empty.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 01-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #215
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

It is funny how empty the ride lines are at those parties!! even if the parade route looks like a mosh pit

I'd be tempted to do a party just to ride rides too

Looking forward to the pics! thanks for all the great SSR ones

Paula
Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #216
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
It is funny how empty the ride lines are at those parties!! even if the parade route looks like a mosh pit

I'd be tempted to do a party just to ride rides too

Looking forward to the pics! thanks for all the great SSR ones

Paula
Hey P:

That is so true! And that is exactly what the parade route looked like, a mosh pit, even at 10:30.

I'm glad you liked the SSR pics. It was a little overcast that afternoon, so they are not as blue as I would have liked. But I know you can fix that, O Maker of Great Pictures!!!!!

I have a few more SSR pics that I took on check out, so I will post those soon!

And party pics should be coming tonight, if I can keep myself from falling asleep!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #217
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Awww, you are so sweet!

We had a great time with NO LINES at MNSSHP. We rode so many things, it was a lot of fun. We even got a POTC boat all to ourselves which was very, very nice.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #218
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww, you are so sweet!

We had a great time with NO LINES at MNSSHP. We rode so many things, it was a lot of fun. We even got a POTC boat all to ourselves which was very, very nice.

We got a boat to ourselves, too....but you are going to have to wait to see which one!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #219
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

You know MEK... you are like the "stealth" poster Your green dot never seems to be lighted up... but everytime I pop back to my CP window, there's a new post by you..... freaky..... LOL!!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #220
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
You know MEK... you are like the "stealth" poster Your green dot never seems to be lighted up... but everytime I pop back to my CP window, there's a new post by you..... freaky..... LOL!!
It must be that work computer. Go figure!

Old 01-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #221
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Ooh Ooh, I can't wait to read more about the MVMCP and see your pics too.

FYI, you can turn the green button function off in your user settings so that may be why it never looks like you are on

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #222
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 15: More Christmas Party......

So with dinner, two rides, and hot chocolate and cookies under our belt, we headed over to frontierland to do Splash. I reminded DH that it was essential we do Splash. He got a little girlie here and said, "No, I don't want to get wet."

"Wet? Who's gonna get wet? Not us. Come on. Buck Up. We are going on Splash, so put your poncho on. Don't be a baby".

Apparently there were alot of other people who were afraid of getting wet on Splash, because the inside of the ride was empty. Looked like a ghost town. We had our choice of seats..... wooo hooooo!

Notice we skipped the front seat to increase our odds of staying dry! I love that ride at night. I remember the first time I did the night time version. Looking at that castle - wow! Fortunately I did remember to duck in time at the end of the drop and we stayed warm and dry.

After Splash we got on BTM. We waited 5 minutes, maybe. The wait was so nonexistent that we went on a second time. I actually could have ridden that ride all night!

By the time we got off BTM, people were lined up at least 3 or 4 deep for the parade. We walked from frontierland to HSM, looking for a spot where we might be able to sneak into the parade crowd without invading anyone's space. No way - impossible.

So we decided to skip this parade and wait for the 10:30 parade. We went on HM instead. On/off and then we went to Space Mountain. Even with the parade going, the crowds in fantasyland were pretty thick. Despite that, we practically walked on Space Mtn. I am so glad we did Space, especially since it will be closed when we go back in June. bummer! I know it is totally my imagination, but Space Mtn always seems darker to me at the night. How silly is that?

We got off Space at about 8:30, just in time to get a seat for the Twas the Night Before Christmas show.

Now let's recap here for a minute - In 1 1/2 hours we went on JC, Splash, Big Thunder 2X, HM, and Space. You have to admit - that is a freak'in record. That, alone, is worth the price of the party ticket.

But now we were going to do a Christmas activity. So here goes -
On With the Show

That recurring shadow in the right lower corner belongs to Mr Big Head

On Now for the Grand Finale

I have to admit, I spent so much time trying to take pictures of every little bit of action, I missed the show. Seriously, the premise of the show is really disjointed in my mind. I guess I need to hope on over to Youtube and watch a video of it!

Up next - trying to find a spot for the fireworks and moving three times to do it!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #223
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Ooh Ooh, I can't wait to read more about the MVMCP and see your pics too.

FYI, you can turn the green button function off in your user settings so that may be why it never looks like you are on
I just checked it and I was in the invisible mode. I think I am "on" now.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #224
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I see your green light so it's working!

I am seriously freaked out by the blinking eyes of the characters. I don't know why but it just freaks me out.

Look at you and all those rides you managed.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #225
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here's a little teaser picture of the fireworks.....

.....but I really will post more. I still feel a little bad about the fireworks because I got someone made at me. It was unintentional and I apologized, but I still feel bad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: