Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #196
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think that is so nice of you that you are donating your hair, good for you! Husbands, what do they know!? Pffft.

I love the Margarita Wreath and Cookie Wreath, how cute.

SSR looks really really nice.
LL-

I hope I make it to donation time cause I am starting to look like this

Those wreaths were adorable. I thought the Christmas decorations at HS were some of the best!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #197
twinmom
Mouseketeer

I think that is funny your hair going straighter as your hormones are changing. I have straight hair and when I started going thru menopause my hair had gotten curlier(sp?) I love that it is doing it. We always want what we don't have.

I am enjoying your report and I read your other one last night. Don't you love Vero Beach? Our first time we went to VB then to WDW. We decided the next time to switch it and after all the running around at WDW we were able to relax at VB.

Laurie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #198
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
I think that is funny your hair going straighter as your hormones are changing. I have straight hair and when I started going thru menopause my hair had gotten curlier(sp?) I love that it is doing it. We always want what we don't have.

I am enjoying your report and I read your other one last night. Don't you love Vero Beach? Our first time we went to VB then to WDW. We decided the next time to switch it and after all the running around at WDW we were able to relax at VB.

Laurie
Thanks for joining in. Isn't VB great???? I've heard HH is great, too! Can't wait to try that next. I agree that VB or HH after a WDW trip would be much more relaxing.

Ugggghhh - you used the "M" word! In my vocab that's almost as bad as the "F" word, the "S", and the "B" word. I guess I am in denial and have yet to accept my hormone swings for what they are!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-07-2009, 04:29 PM   #199
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Your H is a hoot! That's something mine would say too...I have unmanageable hair that I try to straighten, but it is very frizz-tastic, and I am already worrying about the humidity in Orlando. Living in Phoenix I am really used to very low humidity levels...
Oh, and I should thank you! I showed H your pics,(while pointing out the shorts and short sleeves), and now I "have" to go do some shopping this weekend for some brand spanking new "warm weather" clothes! YEEES!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #200
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for joining in. Isn't VB great???? I've heard HH is great, too! Can't wait to try that next. I agree that VB or HH after a WDW trip would be much more relaxing.

Ugggghhh - you used the "M" word! In my vocab that's almost as bad as the "F" word, the "S", and the "B" word. I guess I am in denial and have yet to accept my hormone swings for what they are!
I really want to try VB- wonder when I'm going to fit that one in? I'm sure I'll love it as much as HHI!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #201
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncansnickers View Post
Your H is a hoot! That's something mine would say too...I have unmanageable hair that I try to straighten, but it is very frizz-tastic, and I am already worrying about the humidity in Orlando. Living in Phoenix I am really used to very low humidity levels...
Oh, and I should thank you! I showed H your pics,(while pointing out the shorts and short sleeves), and now I "have" to go do some shopping this weekend for some brand spanking new "warm weather" clothes! YEEES!

New summer clothes - yeah! I am always scooping up summer clothes on clearance, so I can put them away for Florida trips. I think everything I wore on this trip I got on clearance in August and September! The humidity will not be too bad when you visit, but probably worse than what you are used to. I visited Phoenix once for a conference - nice weather!!!!!

BTW - I had a hair cut/color today and my hairdresser estimates that I will be ready to "donate" in 3 more haircuts. 3 x 5 weeks = 15 weeks until I lose my hair!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #202
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I really want to try VB- wonder when I'm going to fit that one in? I'm sure I'll love it as much as HHI!
Oh - you must! See my June trip report for some fab pics of Vero. I had the best ocean view. I am NEVER going back to the Delaware beaches or the Jersey shore!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #203
MEK
DIS Veteran

More SSR pics

This is terrible - but it is hard for me to remember exactly where I took these first few pictures. But, hey, I did just wake up from a power nap. I am pretty sure this is Congress Park. Or is it the Paddock

This is a fountain near the Congress Park pool

This view if from behind the trees looking across the water to DTD

More DTD views

Here is another fountain. This one was near the pool, too.... I think.

Same fountain, different view towards DTD

Congress Park Pool

The path that runs behind Congress Park near the water. You can follow this path to DTD

A few more

I have more pics of SSR, but you will have to wait until my final day!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #204
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

It's amazing how close DTD is to SSR. It really does look beautiful and peaceful too. Peaceful is good when you want to get away from the hustle bustle of the parks.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #205
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh - you must! See my June trip report for some fab pics of Vero. I had the best ocean view. I am NEVER going back to the Delaware beaches or the Jersey shore!

Haha! That's what we were saying in HHI- well, not that we won't go back to NJ (I do still love LBI ), but we were saying how are we ever going back to an LBI vacation after this? There is so much to do, it's so nice there....well, you know! I will read your June report soon!

And love the SSR pics...I've lately been missing it, maybe I'll have to stay there with the kids next year...

Ellen
Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #206
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Wow, you have been a posting machine since I checked in last. I must agree, TSMM is much better than Buzz.

Thanks for the pics of SSR, it looks like such a beautiful resort!

and I'm sure you went to a different Wal-Mart, there must be one closer than that one on 194. I only know it's there because our condo was close to that area.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #207
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Haha! That's what we were saying in HHI- well, not that we won't go back to NJ (I do still love LBI ), but we were saying how are we ever going back to an LBI vacation after this? There is so much to do, it's so nice there....well, you know! I will read your June report soon!

And love the SSR pics...I've lately been missing it, maybe I'll have to stay there with the kids next year...

Ellen
I Know what you mean. I won't stop visiting Rehobeth, but given a choice between a week in Vero versus a week in Rehobeth. Gee - let me think about that.

Glad you like the SSR pics. It is a pretty resort. I am really looking forward to AKL Villas. Looking forward to reading about your future girls' trip.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #208
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
It's amazing how close DTD is to SSR. It really does look beautiful and peaceful too. Peaceful is good when you want to get away from the hustle bustle of the parks.
That's a perfect way to describe it. The first time I stayed there, I realized that I could stay there without even going to the parks. I thought it would be a good location for whatever I wanted to do in the Orlando area. That's why I decided to make it my home resort.

POR is pretty peaceful, too. I think the resorts are pretty similar in terms of landscaping and water views.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #209
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Wow, you have been a posting machine since I checked in last. I must agree, TSMM is much better than Buzz.

Thanks for the pics of SSR, it looks like such a beautiful resort!

and I'm sure you went to a different Wal-Mart, there must be one closer than that one on 194. I only know it's there because our condo was close to that area.

Hey Katie -

I'm glad you like the pics. I'm not sure about that Walmart location. Let's just say that I don't plan on any Walmart visits on my next trip!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #210
MEK
DIS Veteran

Part 14: MVMCP

Well, I must say that I feel a little sad about getting to this post, because I know my trip is almost over. So, we might as well have a fun filled night.

DH and I arrived at the MK around 5pm. We went to Will Call to pick up our tickets - pretty painless.

The first thing we noticed before we even picked up our tickets was this......

Wow - I guess we were pretty lucky to get those tickets the day before the event.

The first thing I remember is the cute little Christmas uniforms all the cast members had on. They were very festive. We had our wristbands on in no time and we happily entered Main Street.

We watched the band go by

Our ADR was at the Plaza for 5:30. I love the Plaza. I think its so cute and the sandwiches are great! It's like upscale counter service. We did check in a few minutes early and took a seat out front. The Plaza was hoping and it took 10 or 15 minutes for us to get seated.

I snapped these pics from our seat at a little outside ice cream table

Since we had an early lunch, I was pretty starved by now. I can't remember what snadwich DH had, but I had the veggie sandwich with coleslaw. I wanted something healthy, since I hade a burger for lunc. The sandwich was pretty filling, was on a nice grainy bread, and had a nice selection of grilled vegetables and a balsamic type dressing. Sorry, no food pics tonight.

After dinner we walked over to tomorrow land. The park was pretty crowded because the party goers were arriving, but there were plenty of regular guests still in the park.

The first thing we did over in TL was take a quick ride on TTA. This was the first time I've ever had to wait to get on this ride. We thought we might ride it once and then go into the "Twas the Night Before Christmas" show. By the time we got off, it was standing room only for TTNBC. I really didn't want to stand, so we set out to do some rides.

Up next.... Our crash course in rides and the Christmas activities.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: