Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #181
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good morning at DHS. Toy Story Mania is just awesome, I hope to ride it more than once next trip.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #182
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like a good morning at DHS. Toy Story Mania is just awesome, I hope to ride it more than once next trip.
It really is such a great ride. That's why I think they need another one somewhere else. The technology is so great. It really sucks you in. I don't think the popularity of this ride will die down for quite awhile! LL- I hope you win a dream fast pass so you can ride it ALL DAY!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #183
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It really is such a great ride. That's why I think they need another one somewhere else. The technology is so great. It really sucks you in. I don't think the popularity of this ride will die down for quite awhile! LL- I hope you win a dream fast pass so you can ride it ALL DAY!
Wouldn't that be lots of fun!? The technology is really great and I think because we rode TSM first, that is why we were so disappointed in Buzz at MK. It just doesn't compare!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #184
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wouldn't that be lots of fun!? The technology is really great and I think because we rode TSM first, that is why we were so disappointed in Buzz at MK. It just doesn't compare!
Buzz - not even close. Fun for what it is, but lightyears from TSM. So here's wishing you and the Marc some good mojo for dream fastpasses!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #185
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

I am loving your report, I'm addicted! I've got 21 days until our trip, and thanks to your H's forgetfullness, I am making a list for my H so as not to be going on an underwear runs! I think I will purposly forget my swim suit, my bod would have to hit the tanning bed if I wanted to get into one of those...

We have all canine rescues, and they are the best! I love the mixed breeds, so much more interesting figuring out what they are "made" of. At Petsmart they have a DNA kit test you can do, give a saliva sample and then send it in to the lab. I am really interested in this for one of our dogs (Snickers), as she is a total mystery dog-long silky brown/brindle fur, loves to swim... Choc. Lab? Aussie? Who knows!

Also- we are going to Diz. Jan.27 to Feb. 4. Do you think I will need T-shirts, tanks? I was hoping to be in long sleeves, but by your pics it seems you are in tanks alot....
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #186
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Hi MEK!!

would you mind if I used a couple of your Vero and SSR pics??? I'm working on my binder for July

I loved the last couple updates! You are really moving on this TR!! I can't believe it's already your last day!

Paula
Old 01-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #187
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncansnickers View Post
I am loving your report, I'm addicted! I've got 21 days until our trip, and thanks to your H's forgetfullness, I am making a list for my H so as not to be going on an underwear runs! I think I will purposly forget my swim suit, my bod would have to hit the tanning bed if I wanted to get into one of those...

We have all canine rescues, and they are the best! I love the mixed breeds, so much more interesting figuring out what they are "made" of. At Petsmart they have a DNA kit test you can do, give a saliva sample and then send it in to the lab. I am really interested in this for one of our dogs (Snickers), as she is a total mystery dog-long silky brown/brindle fur, loves to swim... Choc. Lab? Aussie? Who knows!

Also- we are going to Diz. Jan.27 to Feb. 4. Do you think I will need T-shirts, tanks? I was hoping to be in long sleeves, but by your pics it seems you are in tanks alot....
Thanks!

Hey duncansnickers -

I am so glad you are learning something from my TR - specifically that DH's forget things. Feel free to use my underwear gnome as a reminder!

That is very cool about the DNA testing for dogs. Rescue animals are the best. When my kids were younger, I used to take them to see the animals in the SPCA. I would go around to their cages and talk to them all. Then one day I made the mistake of telling my DS that this one scraggly looking cat would probably be put to sleep. My DS got sooooooo upset. Boy - did I mess up. So I told him a white lie the next day. I told him that the owners came and got the cat back. After that i stopped visiting the spca.

Winter weather is fickle in florida. I would bring shorts, short sleeve shirts, long pants, sweatshirt(s), and long sleeve shirts. Bring a pair of light weight gloves just in case. Be prepared for all weather. And .....have a great trip!

Last edited by MEK; 01-07-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #188
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Hi MEK!!

would you mind if I used a couple of your Vero and SSR pics??? I'm working on my binder for July

I loved the last couple updates! You are really moving on this TR!! I can't believe it's already your last day!

Paula
Paula -

Your baaaaaaccccckkkkkkkk! Of course you can use my pics. I have more SSR pics to post, but I am trying to keep things in order.

Yeah my trip is going fast, mostly because we only stayed 4 nights. That was way too short for DH and I. I didn't mind a 4 day trip when I went solo, but it was definately too short for this trip!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM   #189
MEK
DIS Veteran

We Interrupt this Trip Report for a Special Announcement...

.... I am proud to announce that a song I wrote, entitled God Made You an Angel Today (John's Song) got posted on Youtube tonight. I wrote and recorded this song for a friend and coworker of mine. Her 17 year old son was killed in a car accident in late October. I wrote and recorded the song in a 36 hour period from a Saturday morning to Sunday night. I recorded it on my lap top, so it is not professional. I do have decent recording software, a preamp, and a studio mic. If you like folk music you may like it. I tried to figure out how to post a direct link, but I am too computer illiterate to figure it out. If you are interested in listening, visit Youtube and search it by title...God Made You an Angel. It's the first video to come up.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #190
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 11 (continued): finishing the morning at DS

When I left off last DH and I were enjoying lunch at the ABC commissary. I had a burger and he had the cuban sandwich. It was nothing to write home about, but my stomach capacity was already increasing from all our good eating, so I was hungry!

I called my mom at lunch. I didn't tell my mom I was going to Disney until after we actually got there. I knew she would worry and freak a bit, especially if she knew we were leaving the kids and going without them. So I figured it was better to tell her AFTER we arrived. So I called her on the evening we arrived. "Hey mom, guess what......?" So now was a good time to call and give her an update. I was enjoying sitting outsife in the perfect 75 degree weather and I thought it might help me handle her "worry wort" questions a bit better.

After lunch DH and I were going to take the Back Lot Tour. I only did this tour once in 2003 and I thought now would be a good time to take it again. Only problem - the line was long. We didn't even go in the attraction when we saw the length of the line. Maybe it was a fluke, maybe we would have gotten right in, heck - I don't know. I just knew I didn't want to stand in a line.

So DH and I did the next best thing - Muppets, of course. I never get tired of this!

Here I am posing by the fountain

After Muppets I considered another trip to Endore, but decided I had seen enough of this park. I wasn't waiting until 3pm to see the stunt show or to take another ride on TSM. I really wanted to have lots of energy for the Christmas party, so we decided to leave so we could have some adequate downtime before MVMCP.

I Love this Santa

A few more pics

A Margarita Wreath

A chocholate chip mickey cookie wreath

Oh - yeah - it was getting to be time for some serious T-shirt shopping and for some ornaments

Found this picture in that little store near the entrance/exit. They have some real cool, rather expensive photos. Worth browsing. Wish I could remember the name

One final picture on the way out

OMG - I am so tired right now that I am falling asleep typing. Hopefully I can wrap up the DS saga when I get up tomorrow.

Last edited by MEK; 01-07-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #191
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 12: Getting Ready for the big Paaaar-taaaaaay!

On the way out of DS I suddenly remembered that I still had FP's. I really wanted to give them to 2 deserving people - people that would really appreciate their value. But, I forgot. I got distracted by the window shopping. Now we were almost at the car.

There were only 4 people around. A mom and dad, grandma, and a young child. The baby looked about 12 -14 months old. I walked up to mom and said, "I have two FP's for TSM that we did not use, would you like them"? In somewhat broken English she replied, "OK, I will take the baby". Doh - I can't believe I didn't give those FP's to someone who knew exactly what they were. To someone who knew there would be absolutely NO FP's available for the rest of the day. Oh well. I tried.

It sort of reminded of the time I was at Islands of Adventure, on the mummy ride, when it broke down. That was not fun because that lap bar was extremely tight and uncomfortable. And it was stuffy in there..... and you KNOW how I feel about stuffy! When we finally got off the ride they gave us 4 FP's (or whatever they are called there). We didn't need them because we already had front of the line access from staying on site. So, I tried to give them to this nice family of 4 - mom,dad, and 2 teenage sons. Only the mom completely FEAKED! I'm not kidding. She started shaking and yelling, "NO, We do not want them. We are NOT going back on that ride". OMG - I felt really bad. But the dad took them after I explained the were good for any ride.

So - back to DS - Once we were out of the park, we asked Ellie to take us to the closet Walmart - finally! I have no idea how long DH wore the same pair of underwear. I didn't ask. I just didn't want to know.

The super Walmart was just like the one in Elkton, Md, so I knew where everything was. I sent DH to find his undies and I got some water and some breakfast food. We didn't need much. We leaving the next day. DH did find a cute Mickey shirt to wear to the Christmas party - see, he was actually getting into the spirit of things.

So, Katie says this Walmart was near 194. I don't know, cause Ellie took us a different route. All I know is we got in and out fast. We were home early enough to take a power nap. Boy, did I need that. Then we had some time to go to the pool. You better believe I was going to the pool today, especially after driving around yesterday looking for a bathing suit.

Before I settled into the hot tub, I took some pics of SSR (for Paula), so let me add a few before I get ready for work......

This last picture is actually of the original room they gave us. It looks nice and cozy from the outside, but it did not feel that way on the inside!

Anyway, I have to upload more pics so I can post more tonight. See Ya!

Last edited by MEK; 01-07-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #192
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I love the pics!! SSR looks so peaceful! I can't wait to stay there I'm glad DH is getting with it I can't wait to hear about the party. I haven't done the Xmas party, but I loved the P&PP and MSNSHP... I hope MVMCP is just as great

Paula
Old 01-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #193
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 13: A Post About Hair !!!!!?????

I can't continue writing my TR without pics, so I have to wait until I get home tonight.

So - I thought I would do a little side post based on something DH said to me while we were getting ready for the paaaar-taaaaay! I was standing at the bathroom sink making an attempt at straightening my hair. My DH said something to the effect of "You really need to do something with that hair".

"What", I replied "[U]is that supposed to mean?????

"Well, your hair looks messy. It needs something", he said.

It was at this moment that I realized DH and I don't talk as much as we should. Sometimes I forget to tell him things that EVERYONE else knows. I guess I think he is going to learn what I am thinking/doing through osmosis. So I huffed and bit and said to DH, "Didn't you know I was growing my hair to donate it? You know, Locks of Love. I only need a few more inches, so don't say anything else about my hair!"

So that evening I worked extra hard to straighten my hair. It was Florida, it was humid. I am forty something and really shouldn't have long hair. Yeah, I get tired of people saying, "Your hair has gotten so long" and then silence. You know when people remark about your hair, but they don't say they like it, then they don't like it! I have had a lot of remarks about my long hair and only one person has said they like it! One man at work actually asked me if I was having a "midlife crisis". How rude!

So if you were wondering why I have long hair at MY age, it's because I got this crazy idea to donate it. You see, I have had short, sometimes REALLY short hair, most of my adult life. I had my hair cut short when I was 13 and the only time I ever grew it long again was when I was in college. That's probably because I could not afford a hair cut. In fact, I could hardly afford to eat when I was in college. I was always hungry, but I had really skinny roommates, so not eating was cool.

I kept my hair long when I started my first nursing job. But I had this assistant nurse manager, Sully, who was always criticizing my hair. She would say, "Don't you ever comb your hair?" Of course, I comb my hair, but it doesn't stay combed. I could comb in again in 5 minutes and it still wouldn't look near. Why bother?

Finally, I gave up and had my hair cut short for life. I did try a few more times to grow my hair long enough for a pony tail. But I would always give up, cause it looked horrible.

Then something happened about a year ago. My hair started to straighten on its own and it did not look as frizzy, curly, messy, uncombed. Years ago my hairdresser told me that sometimes when women's hormones shift, their hair straightens. So I think that is what has happened to me. That and, of course, a good flat iron.

So once my hair got past my shoulders, I asked my hair dresser if I could actually do Locks for Love. Nowadays they take "old lady" hair and color treated hair. So I am in for the long haul. There are days when I can't stand this hair for another minute, but if I can make it to 10 inches and they actually accept my hair and turn it into a wig for some kid, I will be totally psyched.

I know lots of people with long hair who would never dream of donating it, but since my hair means nothing to me, I think I can do it. So, if all goes as planned, I will have short hair by my next TR and you will all say, "I love your Hair".

Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #194
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think that is so nice of you that you are donating your hair, good for you! Husbands, what do they know!? Pffft.

I love the Margarita Wreath and Cookie Wreath, how cute.

SSR looks really really nice.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #195
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
I love the pics!! SSR looks so peaceful! I can't wait to stay there I'm glad DH is getting with it I can't wait to hear about the party. I haven't done the Xmas party, but I loved the P&PP and MSNSHP... I hope MVMCP is just as great

Paula
I have more SSR pics for you that I think you will love.

I really liked the party,but it was so crowded. Even the second parade was really crowded. The party was sold out. I will tell you more soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: