Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #166
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I missed posting yesterday because I helped my brother all day. If you remember a few days back, I posted that I was helping my DB stage his house. I got up early Saturday to work on some floral arrangements and to pack the car. We worked on the house from 10am to 1:15. No breaks, no food, no drinks. We put up new pictures, hung new curtains, and placed new decorations around the house. We had things in good order when we left during yesterday's showing. Then we shopped some more and went back to do some final details. We also got a really pretty table runner to match the arrangement I made, new candle holders, and new bedspread with matching pillows and curtains.

My DB and his wife were pleased with the results. DB called today and they are expecting an offer from the couple who toured yesterday, plus they had 3 more showings today, and one was a second showing. So things are looking up. Maybe there will be a disney trip for my DB's family in the future afterall!

Well - back to my trip! Very soon!
I'm so glad that everything went well at your DB's house! I hope they get an offer real soon.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #167
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I missed posting yesterday because I helped my brother all day. If you remember a few days back, I posted that I was helping my DB stage his house. I got up early Saturday to work on some floral arrangements and to pack the car. We worked on the house from 10am to 1:15. No breaks, no food, no drinks. We put up new pictures, hung new curtains, and placed new decorations around the house. We had things in good order when we left during yesterday's showing. Then we shopped some more and went back to do some final details. We also got a really pretty table runner to match the arrangement I made, new candle holders, and new bedspread with matching pillows and curtains.

My DB and his wife were pleased with the results. DB called today and they are expecting an offer from the couple who toured yesterday, plus they had 3 more showings today, and one was a second showing. So things are looking up. Maybe there will be a disney trip for my DB's family in the future afterall!

Well - back to my trip! Very soon!
So glad things are looking up! I'm sure they really appreciate your help. And sounds like you did a great job!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #168
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm going to finish this today!

1. I got a kick out of you christmas present from Morocco
2. Oh good grief! How did your DH get SO far away from Disney?
3. FYI, there is a wal-mart down 194 but you have to go SEVERAL miles and it feels like a LONG way especially if the traffic is heavy
1. cute - wasn't it!

2. We used to call my DH, "Directionless Denny" (his first name)

3. DH was right, then. We didn't go down far enough. I still can't figure out how he would have known that. We have never gone down 194 that far before. In fact, I don't think we have ever gone to a Walmart on past trips, just Target.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #169
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 10: Continued

I started falling asleep when I was posting earlier, so I had to quit.

After CG we WALKED to the MK. Yes, we walked, skipped, ran a bit. I felt like a little kid. I love WALKING to the MK. That is why I must stay at the Contemporary sometime in the future.

I'm not sure what we did when we first got to MK. I think we probably followed our usual path over to Tomorrowland. I'm pretty sure we jumped on the TTa, cause I love that ride at night. We may have ridden it twice because it was a pretty nice evening and I was still enjoying my wine buzz.

The park was fairly crowded that evening, so we didn't hang in tomorrowland. We walked past the castle and decided to ride HM. It was an EMH evening, so we had to get our cards out for all the rides, but it pretty painless.

I took this picture in HM and, surprisingly, it turned out

I love HM, I just wished the ride went a tad slower. I can never soak in all the great details of this ride. I always get a kick out of seeing kids go on this ride for the first time.

I guess you can never have enough castle pictures

This shot gives you an idea how crowded the park was

Yeah - it was pretty crowded and I have no idea who this person is

After HM we walked over to Pirates. I wanted to ride the Jungle Cruise at night, but I figured I would wait until the Christmas party. I found out later that the JC does not run during the party. Pirates was fun. We hoped right on and off.

After Pirates we road BTM. If I haven't told you this already, I LOVE BTM at night. It has the best night time theming. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! It really feels like you are flying. I am sure that even hard core coaster enthusiasts must love this ride at night. There was a lady in line who was really dressed up in this nice black suit. She had really pretty jewelry and her hair and makeup were perfect. She must have just come from dinner. It was so unusual to see someone dressed so nicely in the MK, that I had to tell her how nice she looked.

After BTM I think we were starting to get tired, so we decided to leave. It was probably about 10pm or so and it had been a long day. We had another long day planned for tomorrow. We needed to be at HS early because I was finally going to ride TSM

Here are some more pictures as we were leaving

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 01-12-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #170
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm so glad that everything went well at your DB's house! I hope they get an offer real soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So glad things are looking up! I'm sure they really appreciate your help. And sounds like you did a great job!!
Thanks guys. I predict he will sell this house by the end of the month. Then I want them to hire me to decorate their new house because it is beautiful!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #171
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
OK, now I am caught up.

OH MY your dinner at CG sounds wonderful!! I never realized the view of MK was so lovely from there! thanks for sharing with us

Wishing your brother good sales ju-ju!!
Thanks - I really hope my DB get an offer soon!!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for them with a big thumbs up.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #172
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 11: A Summary of 12/15

Geeze - I don't remember when I started writing about 12/15, but I know it was days ago. I thought it might help to recap the events of that day.

So here goes:

I finally got to run from SSR to OKW, something I've always wanted to do

We spent 6 hours at Epcot and got to hit all the headliners, including two rides on Soarin. We got stuck in the freezer on Test Track. We walked the world showcase and saw many of the attractions in the land and the sea. Sorry I missed Storm chasers and we never got around to riding spaceship earth, which is one of my favorites.

We purchased tickets for MMCVP , got lost driving , found a bathing suit , and fought over forgotten underwear .

We had the best time at California Grill and watched Wishes from the observation deck.

We WALKED to the MK and spent 1 1/2 hours in there doing rides. We actually hit 4 attractions in that time. Not bad, considering the crowds!

Boy, was I tired when we got back. So it was off to so we could wake up and do it all over again. So, my next post will be about our day at HS and our experience at the Christmas party.
Was it really worth the money????, Did I like it??????? Would I do it again?????????

You will just have to wait until this evening to find out. I really want to post pics with my report, so I have to wait until I get home!!!!!!!

See ya soon!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #174
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like your time at MK was the perfect end to your awesome dinner at CG. It does look busy!
Hi LL -

yes - it was fun. I wish I could have hung another hour, but I knew we had MVMCP the next day and we needed to get up early if we were going to get a FP for TSM with a return time before 3pm. Oh, and, of course, we still needed to make an underwear run!!!!! We had to fit that in somewhere!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #175
MEK
DIS Veteran

Post 11: Hitting Toy Story Mania on 12/16

Well 12/15 was a crazy, busy day! I woke up really tired on 12/16. Was I hung over - maybe a little. I'm not sure. I didn't have a headache. I wasn't sick to my stomach. Nothing like that. I just felt tired. My DH is convinced that I drank 3/4 of the bottle of wine. I don't know. All I know is that everytime my glass got a little bit low, Steve was there filling up my glass again. Thanks Steve

So I decided not to rush out of bed this morning. I decided I could skip a day of running. I just didn't feel much like rushing around. So we had coffee in bed, watched some TV, and eased back to life. I did take a few pictures of SSR for your viewing pleasure.

Here is the view from our balcony. Remember I told you we had the perfect view of the bus stop

Here are a few more pics of SSR

When we arrived at HS we tried the AAA parking lot again. Today we got a decent spot at park opening. DH wouldn't hop the barrier again - I still swear this is quicker, but DH was into following the rules today. Eh, whatever.

No lines at HS today. We got right in and lined up to watch the opening skit. I really had a hard time hearing and seeing it, so I'm not quite sure what was going on, but DH did get a few pics. Seriously, I could not even see over the heads in front of me.

When they finally let us go, I started the torture of walking to TSM. I told DH just to meet me at the Great Movie Ride. I knew we would get seperated. Normally I am very good at weaving my way in and out of people to get where I want to go. Not today - it was like negotitating a brick wall. Plus the CM's had all potential short cuts blocked off. I kept getting behind scooters and slow people. Uggghhhhh so annoying. I was feeling pretty impatient and it didn't help when I got in the slowest line ever. I watched to FP return time change from 9:45 to 10:30am by the time I got my tickets.

It turns out that DH actually did wait for me by TSM. He snapped a few pics while waiting.....

With FP in hand, we headed over to RnR. I love this ride and there wasn't much of a wait. I love the pre show. "Back stage passes. We need a stretch limo. No ..... make it a super stretch". RnR did not disappoint. We had a great ride. While we were waiting to unload I told DH to get the camera out so I could snap our ride picture. But did he listen???? No. So, by the time I got the camera out. it was too late to snap our ride photo. Bummer.

At this point we should have checked out the wait for ToT, but I just didn't feel like dropping today. I like this ride a lot, but I've never liked drop rides. So I do better on this ride when I am with a big group - peer pressure, I guess. Anyway, I regret that I didn't do it, but I will in June. I make sure I ride it every other trip. I love it when I get off, I just get nervous waiting in line.

Here's a pic of me and DH in front of ToT

We had still some time to kill before TSM, so we decided to ride the great movie ride.

I've been on the GMR many times, but this was the first time I got the cowboy skit. Yeah - finally saw the cowboy skit. I knew it existed, but I've never seen it. So - add that to the list of new things I did on this trip!

Our driver was pretty new and wasn't that great at ad-libing. When we got stopped for a few minutes on the yellow brick rode, he was at a lost for things to say. Poor guy. I think I was starting to see beads of sweat!

I agree that this ride needs a rehab. I think it just needs some new scenes. It's a great concept. Too bad they can't rotate scenes, so you can see new movies once in awhile. Anyway - still a great time killer, because when we got off it was time to go ride TSM.

When I got over to TSM I decided to get more FP's. I got a little crazy thinking we may actually stay in the park until the return time of 3pm. What the heck - if I didn't use the FP's I would make somebody's day and give them away.

I really like TSM. It was all immersive. I wish I could have gotten off and gotten right back on. I only got about 64% accuracy and I was curious to see if I could do better. This is a great ride, but the lines are killer. This ride is slow popular that it would be great if Disney would do another ride like this somewhere else. There's just nothing like it.

After TSM we walked around a bit and took some pictures. I wanted to see the stunt car show, but the first show wasn't until 3pm. What's up with that????

I found lots of Christmas decorations to take pics of

We decided to ride Star Tours next. There was actually a line so I was able to take a few pics.

When we got seated for Star tours, we had a little delay starting the ship. This child in front of us refused to sit in his own seat. He wouldn't put his belt on. He kept crying, so one member of the group finally took him out. It reminded me of that Air Tran flight several years ago. After he left, DH leaned over and whispered in my ear, "I'm more worried about granny". Seriously, there was a very old lady in front of us who could not even stand on her own. Two people from her party had to pull her out of the wheelchair and buckle her up. She looked a bit too frail for this ride and I couldn't help but sneak some sideways glances at her to make sure she was OK. Fortunately, we had a safe landing and granny was still alive at the end of the ride. She had a bit of a blank star, but I'm pretty sure she had that before our crazy ride to Endore.

After star tours we walked the park a bit and then decided to eat. It was still pretty early - just after 11am. The only counter service place opened was the ABC commissary. I really don't like any of the CS places at HS all that much. We considered doing TS, but I really only wanted to do a few more things in the park and then leave. I knew I needed some down time before the Christmas party.

So we grabbed a burger and a cuban sandwich and sat outside for our early lunch. We had a great spot for people watching, but I am at my picture limit, so I will have to continue posting later.

Up next - more pics of HS, our underwear run, a trip to the pool, a nap, and finally..........Tada........the infamous Christmas party!

Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #176
Nora03
Mouseketeer

Hi MEK - I'm really enjoying your trip report. In fact, while waiting, I went back and read your June 2008 report. VB and SSR both look beautiful. Loved that report.

I guess you'll be helping your DH pack for your next trip, eh? (Can you tell I'm Canadian?)

Talking about next trips, your siggie is cut off a bit, but I see something about AKV. I'm guessing that is your next trip, but I'll keep reading until you tell us about it.

Can't believe the great airfares you get. We're paying just under $700 each for our March airfares!! We paid less than $500 last May, but I guess fares have gone up and maybe March is more expensive. We just feel lucky that we can go.

We have only three day passes and only want to go to the parks for three days, and do some resort-hopping, signature restaurants, etc. We have a decision to make about our 3rd day. We'll go to the MK on the first day, Epcot on the second and it's a tough choice between DHS and AK. While we were there in May we were with family, including our three grandkids. So, we did lots for them and there are things we missed that we know we can do this time. We'd like to see Toy Story Mania, but I'm worried about FPs and standby times. We're actually not planning to stay for the whole day as we're driving to Tampa to stay at a condo on the Gulf Coast on our last day. I keep flip-flopping between DHS and AK. Any suggestions? I don't do thrill rides, but DH does. I'm looking forward to just soaking up the atmosphere and taking it slowly.

Keep up the good work. I hope you've got another trip planned.

Nora
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #177
duncansnickers
Duncansnickers

Your cats are sooo adorable!! And you rescued all 3 of them, yay!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 AM   #178
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora03 View Post
Hi MEK - I'm really enjoying your trip report. In fact, while waiting, I went back and read your June 2008 report. VB and SSR both look beautiful. Loved that report.

I guess you'll be helping your DH pack for your next trip, eh? (Can you tell I'm Canadian?)

Talking about next trips, your siggie is cut off a bit, but I see something about AKV. I'm guessing that is your next trip, but I'll keep reading until you tell us about it.

Can't believe the great airfares you get. We're paying just under $700 each for our March airfares!! We paid less than $500 last May, but I guess fares have gone up and maybe March is more expensive. We just feel lucky that we can go.

We have only three day passes and only want to go to the parks for three days, and do some resort-hopping, signature restaurants, etc. We have a decision to make about our 3rd day. We'll go to the MK on the first day, Epcot on the second and it's a tough choice between DHS and AK. While we were there in May we were with family, including our three grandkids. So, we did lots for them and there are things we missed that we know we can do this time. We'd like to see Toy Story Mania, but I'm worried about FPs and standby times. We're actually not planning to stay for the whole day as we're driving to Tampa to stay at a condo on the Gulf Coast on our last day. I keep flip-flopping between DHS and AK. Any suggestions? I don't do thrill rides, but DH does. I'm looking forward to just soaking up the atmosphere and taking it slowly.

Keep up the good work. I hope you've got another trip planned.

Nora
Hey Nora - thanks for stopping by.

Yes - I will definately be packing underwear, a bathing suit, and socks for DH next trip. I will also be sending him his walmart gnome to his email as a reminder.

We do have a trip planned for 5 nights at AKvillas this summer. I noticed that the bottom of my signature gets cut off on some of the posts. I don't know why cause it looks fine when I try to edit. I guess I'll have to edit some more. My signature is just getting too long, I guess! Lucky me!

Hmmm - if I had to choose between HS and AK, I think I might pick AK. I didn't spend much time at AK this trip, but that's because I went heavy on AK in my past trips. I really like Expedition Everset. It's a great coaster and not too intense. I love the safari and I love the shows. Nemo is fantastic. Festival of the Lion King is also good. I also like Dinosaur and It's tough to be a bug. The tree of life is really something to see. At HS I always feel like I am only there for RnR, TSM, and ToT. Everything else is just filler and sometimes things feel disjointed. Plus the shows like Indian Jones and the Stunt show are outside and it gets hot. But you'll be there in March, so it probably won't be as bad.

Have a great March trip!!!!! Happy planning.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 AM   #179
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncansnickers View Post
Your cats are sooo adorable!! And you rescued all 3 of them, yay!!
Hey duncansnickers - welcome to the Dis! I did rescue them all and I am happy I did. I have always wanted a Maine coon or a persian, but I can't justify buying a cat when there are so many great domestic cats out there waiting to be adopted. Plus, its much easier adopting a grown cat than bringing home a kitten. Kittens get into everything and they turn into big cats eventually, so why not get the finished product.

Last edited by MEK; 01-06-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 AM   #180
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here's a few more pics of HS

We ate lunch at this great spot for people watching

When we walked back to TSM at 12pm - Look at the return time!

I took this picture because it reminds me of my directionless Denny

Some more scenic pics

Next are my Favorite Pictures of the Day.... Love them!

Be back later tonight to continue the saga.....Have a good day all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: