Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
KERdad06
Mouseketeer

Celebrating Thanksgiving & Christmas - Disney style (11-19 to 11-29-08)

Welcome to our trip report! Before you read any further, we need to warn you, we are both usually thread killers, so we are hoping our trip does not bore anyone to death

We will be writing this trip report together, so it will be fun for us to re-live our trip and to remember what a fun time we had. This was our second WDW vacation and we went from November 20-29. Our first trip was in October 2006. Let us introduce ourselves:

Chad & Tami: We are a happily married “thirty-something” couple, we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary in December. We both work in the insurance industry, and Tami is lucky enough to work from home, which she loves being able to do. Chad is a more of a list writing, stressed out worry wart. Tami likes to do things tomorrow, but when it comes to Disney trip planning, she has become known as the “go to” person for any Disney World questions or planning strategies, she is a planning master.

DD13: Katie is in eighth grade. She is a straight A student and is athletic (she gets the brains from her mother, have no idea where she gets her athleticism). She decided on this trip that it is way un-cool to wear matching shirts that her mom made.

DD10: Emma is in fifth grade. She is also a great student, loves sports as well and is also artsy. She is the kind of child that can make a fun game out of anything, and she LOVES all things Tinkerbell.

DD5: Rachel is in Kindergarten. She is also as smart as a whip (I know, we all think our kids are the smartest), she is just a great natured girl, and everyone seems to attract to her. She loves the princesses, especially Cinderella.

Grandma: Chad’s Mom joined us again for this trip. She is a super person, and would do anything for us or the kids. She still works part time, and I think that keeps her active enough to keep up with us in the World. On our last trip, she sat with Rachel when Rachel was too short or young for the rides. This time around, Rachel wanted to go on ALL the rides, and Grandma (sometimes reluctantly) went on many of them with us.

On Wed. 11-19, we got on the road about 4:00 PM. We had a 4 hour drive ahead of us. We planned to stay overnight in Milwaukee because we had such an early flight the next morning. We ate at IHOP on the way down, and then made our way to the Best Western. The hotel was very nice, and was right across from the airport. It was also right next to a Dunkin Donuts, so we stopped for a snack on the way. We don’t have a lot of restaurant/snack choices where we live, so we have to take advantage of these things when we are by them!

Coming up…

Our flight and day 1 in the World!
2008 - Nov. 20-29 ~ All Star Sports (MVMCP)
2011 - Oct. 21-29 ~ Pop Century
2012 - July 20-29 ~ Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 01-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm a thread killer myself.....

I'll take the chance and join in....

And may I congratulate myself on being 1st to post.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Thread killers unite!!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
KERdad06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm a thread killer myself.....

I'll take the chance and join in....

And may I congratulate myself on being 1st to post.
Yeah, the thread didn't automatically die!! Thanks for joining, and for being number 1!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Thread killers unite!!
Thanks for joining in on our first TR!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'll stick around......see it's started already...The thread killing has begun.....
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

I'm joining in I was in the world the same time as you so I am curious to see if I am in the background of any of your pictures!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hey,
fellow Wisconsite here.
4 hour down to Milwaukee.
I'm trying to figure out where you live.
It wouldn't be Eau Clare area because you probably would of flown out of Minneapolis.
I must be in the Wausau area and over towards the East like Oconto, Marinette.
Did you also stay in the Boardwalk area?. I recognize the Dolphine and Yacht Club in your pictures.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
KERdad06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite325 View Post
I'm joining in I was in the world the same time as you so I am curious to see if I am in the background of any of your pictures!
Glad to see you join! We'll try to post lots of pics...you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hey,
fellow Wisconsite here.
4 hour down to Milwaukee.
I'm trying to figure out where you live.
It wouldn't be Eau Clare area because you probably would of flown out of Minneapolis.
I must be in the Wausau area and over towards the East like Oconto, Marinette.
Did you also stay in the Boardwalk area?. I recognize the Dolphine and Yacht Club in your pictures.
Hello! Boy, you are good We live just North of Wausau. What area are you from?

We didn't stay at the Boardwalk, maybe for a future trip if we keep saving our change We only visited the Boardwalk, had to have lunch at Beaches & Cream...and boy, was it good too!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
KERdad06
Mouseketeer

Day 1 - 11-20-08

We woke up early, our hotel had a free breakfast buffet, so we took advantage of that. Our flight was at 8:00 AM, arriving in Orlando at 11:44 AM. We had a non stop flight with AirTran, our plane was newer and it was a great flight. We arrived on time and took the Magical Express to our hotel. Check in was pretty quick and we did get our adjoining rooms as requested. Once we found our rooms, we went and had lunch at the All Star Sports End Zone food court. (We are also on the DDP so we are taking full advantage of every snack, and meal we have, this is where our eating frenzy begins). To give you some background , we are both working really hard to lose weight. At this point Chad had lost over 70# and Tami had lost 64#. We have been watching what we eat and exercising regularly since April 2007 and this week in Florida is going to be quite a challenge with all of the awesome food and our dining reservations that we have made. We were hoping to make the best food choices possible, but once Chad had a double cheeseburger and Tami can get a dessert with every meal, we knew we were in trouble.

Once done eating we checked out the gift shop and walked around the hotel a little. When we got back to our room our luggage had arrived! We spent time getting our room organized, some more than others. Our 10 year old is an organization freak, and she claimed 2 dresser drawers, 1 shelf and 1 cabinet before anybody else could even get a chance.

After a nice relaxing afternoon and a chance to get acquainted with the hotel, we ventured out on the Disney busses to see the best way to get to Coronado Springs to eat at the Pepper Market, we have heard good things about this and wanted to try it. We took the bus to Epcot, so we could get on the bus to get us to CSR. Once we figured out how Pepper Market worked everybody went in a different direction to get their meals. The 3 oldest adults had Chinese dishes, that all contained bourbon chicken, which was AWESOME! As you can see by the picture, Emma was considered an adult so she had the pizza, which was HUGE.

Once done eating our plan was to take the bus back to Epcot and then to our hotel from there. However, we were the only ones on the bus and his next stop was Winter Summerland and no one else got on there either, so he called in and told a little white lie that he picked us up from the golf course and asked if he could just take us to ASSP! We were so happy, because this saved us a lot of time.

Once we got back we walked around the resort a little bit more before going back to our room and getting ready for the next day.

Coming up: Day 2 - Beaches & Cream, Chef Mickey’s and MVMCP!
Old 01-04-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I can only dream of how wonderfull it must be to have an organized child...
I have 4 kids and not one of them can handle puttting things were they belong, let alone organizing something themself!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

We were at Disney Nov. 21-30th, and we also stayed at All Star Sports. How did you like it?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
KERdad06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I can only dream of how wonderfull it must be to have an organized child...
I have 4 kids and not one of them can handle puttting things were they belong, let alone organizing something themself!
She certainly IS organized, in fact, as soon as the Christmas presents were opened, she wanted to put them in her room, and not leave them under the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
We were at Disney Nov. 21-30th, and we also stayed at All Star Sports. How did you like it?
We loved it at Sports. The theming was great too. Last visit we stayed at Music, and we just thought Sports was a lot more "fun"! What building were you in? How did you like it?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

We liked it well enough, but our friends had to change rooms a couple of times. We were in Touchdown-great location, right next to the food court.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Subbing, always love a good trip report with pics.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
mouseketeer70
Mouseketeer

I'm in We were there same time as you. we were at SSR but the other families we were with were at ASSP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: