Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #4096
psherman42
Mouseketeer

For my last program, I didn't apply for character performer but this time, I'd really like to give it a shot. Obviously I know the chances of getting accepted for it are very slim but I think it would be a cool experience. Anyway, say you apply for the program right when apps go up. They usually don't release the audition schedule at the same time so what if you check of character performer on your role checklist but then are unable to go to an audition. Is this bad or does it just mean you won't be (obviously) considered for the role? Sorry if this sounds dumb.

And have they ever had auditions in Chicago? If so, where?

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/

Last edited by psherman42; 05-26-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #4097
MemoriesandMagic
Earning My Ears

I have a question about the application itself.
What different things do you need for it? Do I need to write a cover letter, come up with references, update resume, ect?

Just wondering cause every application I've ever filled out is different.

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #4098
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoriesandMagic View Post
I have a question about the application itself.
What different things do you need for it? Do I need to write a cover letter, come up with references, update resume, ect?

Just wondering cause every application I've ever filled out is different.

Thanks!
It's just basic information like your name, address, school, etc. You don't need a cover letter or a resume, but there is a place on the application where you list all your past work experience. Then there's the role checklist. It's pretty comparable to other applications you've filled out in the past.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
Old 06-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #4099
MemoriesandMagic
Earning My Ears

So, kind of a morbid question, but is there any kind of policy Disney has for DCPers who experience a death in the family? If my grandfather passed away during my program, would I be able to get two or three days to fly home for the funeral without quitting the program?

Is this a bad question to ask the interviewer? My mom said not to, that I don't want to risk them not hiring me if there's a chance I'll have to leave, which I agree with. Should I ask someone like a recruiter after (if) I get accepted?
Old 06-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #4100
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoriesandMagic View Post
So, kind of a morbid question, but is there any kind of policy Disney has for DCPers who experience a death in the family? If my grandfather passed away during my program, would I be able to get two or three days to fly home for the funeral without quitting the program?

Is this a bad question to ask the interviewer? My mom said not to, that I don't want to risk them not hiring me if there's a chance I'll have to leave, which I agree with. Should I ask someone like a recruiter after (if) I get accepted?
Yes, you can. My best friend died when I was on my CP, I called my manager and explained the situation and my manager gave me the time off to fly back home for the viewing and funeral.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #4101
MemoriesandMagic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdrama12 View Post
Yes, you can. My best friend died when I was on my CP, I called my manager and explained the situation and my manager gave me the time off to fly back home for the viewing and funeral.
Thank you for your response to a touchy subject, that's very reassuring. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #4102
monica245
Earning My Ears

What colleges are currently participating? I don't go to a participating college, what can I do to get into the program? I'm not looking to receive college credit (won't help my major anyway), but I'd love to participate. I have a lot of food service experience and would like to expand my skills at disney. Any help?

I will only "transfer" to a community college to participate.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #4103
PyxiiDustt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica245 View Post
What colleges are currently participating? I don't go to a participating college, what can I do to get into the program? I'm not looking to receive college credit (won't help my major anyway), but I'd love to participate. I have a lot of food service experience and would like to expand my skills at disney. Any help?

I will only "transfer" to a community college to participate.
You don't have to go to a participating school to apply, especially if you don't need or want any credit for the program. You just apply and then take a leave of absense from the school (be aware that sometimes, schools require you to withdraw and reapply for the next semester). You could also do what I did/am doing, and wait to apply your last semester, so you end up participating the semester after you graduate. That way, whether or not your school particpates does not matter.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: