Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #91
cherylp3
Florida Resident
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Davenport, FL (Orlando Area)
Posts: 4,738

Just a note regarding renting a house. Make sure that you get confirmation that your security deposit is in a bank account. I am renting an house that is going to be foreclosed upon. ( I have made arrangements to move) My landlord did not put the security away and I will most likely not get any money back.
__________________
Dreams DO come true!!
Booked on 2008 Member cruise!!

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #92
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Congrats on making it official! Woohoo!
Thanks! It's so exciting!!!
4 weeks instead of 9 months ~ Orlando here we come!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmomplus2new View Post
There are several reviews maybe on the Orlando offsite forums on this townhome community. All are posetive.
also INTERVAL has just picked it up as a new trader.
I got notice last week it was now an available trade for Interval.
Really? That's wonderful news I just have to keep my fingers crossed they accept pets, I have a little chihuahua and a couple of cats...

Do you know where you saw the reviews btw? I'd love to check it out! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVERENOUGHWDW View Post
So happy for you but I have a question.
What profession are you in????
A profession that I can do in my home in any town ~ there is always a demand for it Childcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylp3 View Post
Just a note regarding renting a house. Make sure that you get confirmation that your security deposit is in a bank account. I am renting an house that is going to be foreclosed upon. ( I have made arrangements to move) My landlord did not put the security away and I will most likely not get any money back.
Thanks so much for that info! I didn't think about that and I really appreciate the tip! I will make sure now that I get the conformation!!!
Sorry to hear about your deposit ~ that's really awful
Good luck with your move!

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #93
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Sunday ~ our last day to relax until after the move!

Today is the last day we're going to relax and do nothing Starting tomorrow it's non-stop packing and transferring to storage and organizing and sorting...

If anyone has any tips on things to do before moving please post them here!

Here is what I have to do in the next 3 weeks ~~

Get Roxy spayed
Get well checks for Nara and Zar
Me go to the Dr. and eye doctor
E go to the dr. and eye doctor
T go to the eye doctor
Get replacement SS cards for me and the kids (lost them!)
Re-paint two bedrooms and a bathroom (we painted them blue and purple)
patch the walls and repair some stuff
Get the carpets cleaned

All that on top of packing

Did I miss anything? If we get a place before coming I can do an address change, if not I suppose I'm not sure what to do...

It looks as though we may skip the u-haul. We don't really own a lot of furniture, just a few dressers, recliners, table and chairs, bookshelves and lots of clothes and toys and misc.

I think we may leave the furniture in our storage trailer since the house will be furnished and just take clothes, games, dvds, some toys, computer, tv, pictures, and stuff like that. Mom and dad are going down with us because dad has a treatment in Jacksonville on the 9th and we're leaving on the 5th. They have volunteered to take all the seats out of their Sienna and let us fill it and put a soft carrier on top. We will stuff our Sienna too and put a carrier on top and a bike rack on back. I think we can get lots in the vans and anything we really want that doesn't fit they can bring down the next month when they come and visit.

I need to get a Fl. driver's license pretty quickly so I can buy AP's. I love the weather and lack of crowds in Jan. at WDW!

Well, I'm off for now, we're going to go to Greenville and play at the super cool park that we'll really miss and then check out the festival of lights

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!

Last edited by earthfaries; 12-07-2008 at 09:03 AM.
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #94
carissanboys
DIS Veteran
 
carissanboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,247

Your plan of no U-Haul reminds me of when my first husband and I moved from Maine to North Carolina. We had no jobs lined up (but an apartment reserved sight unseen) and we sold all of our furniture. We had a cargo van at the time (just two seats in the front - he was a drummer and needed the back to transport) and a geo metro. We loaded those two up and drove down and bought what we needed as time allowed (we slept on an air mattress the first few nights). Such an adventure.

If you don't have an address to forward your mail to, you could just fill out a "hold mail" card and then do a forward mail card once you get a place.

If I think of things to do before you move I'll let you know.
__________________
DONE: WDW Half-Marathon 2011 WDW Marathon Relay 2012 (2nd leg) DOING: WDW 5k and 10k 2014

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #95
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Your plan of no U-Haul reminds me of when my first husband and I moved from Maine to North Carolina. We had no jobs lined up (but an apartment reserved sight unseen) and we sold all of our furniture. We had a cargo van at the time (just two seats in the front - he was a drummer and needed the back to transport) and a geo metro. We loaded those two up and drove down and bought what we needed as time allowed (we slept on an air mattress the first few nights). Such an adventure.

If you don't have an address to forward your mail to, you could just fill out a "hold mail" card and then do a forward mail card once you get a place.

If I think of things to do before you move I'll let you know.
That does sound like an adventure!

I hate getting a big ole u-haul for just my stuff since we don't need out furniture you know? If we get an unfurnished place then of course we'll bring our stuff, and if we move next year and need it it will be here waiting for us. I have to keep paying for storage anyway for all my good keep stuff I can't bring now because there is no storage in the place we're looking at.

Thanks for the info on holding the mail, I did not think of that and that is a great idea

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #96
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??
 
bettyann29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..
Posts: 6,356

I just came across your thread and Im in!!! How exciting for you.. You are living my dream!

DH knows that I want to move to Florida.. right now is just not the time as I will not leave my parents right now and my dad is not in good health..

We were in Florida last week visiting DMIL as she lives about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando and everytime we past a for sale or for rent house, I told DH "look!" and pointed.. we had a good laugh..

What I wouldnt do to just pack up and go..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #97
luvsmickeymouse
Opt to Adopt!
 
luvsmickeymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lakes Region, NH
Posts: 2,636

Count me in ! How exciting!
__________________
luvsmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #98
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 2,612

I think we stayed in a townhome at that resort through Interval. The pool area was nice.

Welcome to Orlando!
__________________
Me DH DD
Keggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #99
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing
 
Where'sPiglet?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 5,224

I've been lurking this thread so I thought I'd post something.

We are trying to move at the end of June 2009, but we are still deciding where to go. This thread is helping me think about all the things that need to happen before a move.

Good luck on your move!
__________________
10/92 Yacht Club ~*~ 11/96 Disney Institute ~*~ 12/00 Yacht Club ~*~ 6/05 Beach Club ~*~ 8/06 Shades of Green
8/07 Caribbean Beach ~*~ 10/07 Coronado Springs ~*~ 12/08 French Quarter
~*~ 3/10 All Star Sports ~*~ 4/12 Riverside ~*~ 2/14 Riverside

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #100
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyann29 View Post
I just came across your thread and Im in!!! How exciting for you.. You are living my dream!

DH knows that I want to move to Florida.. right now is just not the time as I will not leave my parents right now and my dad is not in good health..

We were in Florida last week visiting DMIL as she lives about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando and everytime we past a for sale or for rent house, I told DH "look!" and pointed.. we had a good laugh..

What I wouldnt do to just pack up and go..
Hi and Welcome Have fun reading along! Hopefully you can make your dream come true one day too

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsmickeymouse View Post
Count me in ! How exciting!
Hi and welcome It is very exciting ~ I can't tell you how excited we all are, but you can imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggy View Post
I think we stayed in a townhome at that resort through Interval. The pool area was nice.

Welcome to Orlando!
That's good to hear. I looked up the resort on tripadvisor today and it's rated the number 2 resort in Davenport!!!

It looks very nice, there are lots of pics to view and I'm very excited about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
I've been lurking this thread so I thought I'd post something.

We are trying to move at the end of June 2009, but we are still deciding where to go. This thread is helping me think about all the things that need to happen before a move.

Good luck on your move!
Hi and I'm glad you posted! Good luck with your move ~ there is a lot and we only have a few weeks to do it but it will work out great. Hope this thread helps you out a lot!

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #101
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran
 
ChevyNat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rouyn-Noranda, Qc, Canada
Posts: 900

Wow, I am getting butterflies in my stomach for you!
You go after your dream, good for you!
So I guess I'll be seeing you when I go down for Oct.
__________________

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #102
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
Wow, I am getting butterflies in my stomach for you!
You go after your dream, good for you!
So I guess I'll be seeing you when I go down for Oct.
Hi!!! I am living with butterflies in my stomach ~~~ I can't even tell you! I am so nervous and stressed and excited and happy and just overflowing with energy and excitement

Yes, October we will meet So excited

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #103
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time
 
portocall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,077

You have captivated me, I just read your whole thread in an hour! Good luck with the move... you are moving to the area I grew up in and I hope that you enjoy it. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but now, looking back, I can and look forward to visiting all the time. My biggest gripe as a kid was no snow, but I am sure you wont have a problem with that. I encourage you to explore your new home as the mouse house is only a very small piece of what Florida is (of course my favorite ), go see a shuttle launch, enjoy the many lakes (but don't swim unless okayed, since alligators are always possible even when not probable). It sounds like a great adventure!
__________________
Me DHand our three sons
portocall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #104
earthfaries
DIS Veteran
 
earthfaries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WDW is our Backyard ♥
Posts: 3,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
You have captivated me, I just read your whole thread in an hour! Good luck with the move... you are moving to the area I grew up in and I hope that you enjoy it. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but now, looking back, I can and look forward to visiting all the time. My biggest gripe as a kid was no snow, but I am sure you wont have a problem with that. I encourage you to explore your new home as the mouse house is only a very small piece of what Florida is (of course my favorite ), go see a shuttle launch, enjoy the many lakes (but don't swim unless okayed, since alligators are always possible even when not probable). It sounds like a great adventure!
Hi there! Thanks for reading and joining in on our adventure

No, I won't miss the snow...we're ready for a change, even though I know it will be a drastic one!
I plan on really enjoying & getting to know Florida. There is so much to do besides the theme parks I know.
Thanks for reading and posting and I look forward to talking with you some more!

__________________

Living Our Dream



Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #105
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran
 
ChevyNat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rouyn-Noranda, Qc, Canada
Posts: 900

Did you find work out there?
Last year, my B.I.L wanted to move there and bring me and the kids too, that was right after my separation and I could not wrap my head around it... ha! ha!
He said that I could find work without any problems... with my French and English ha! ha!
__________________

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.