Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #46
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

The Davenport area is a great place to live. The Champions Gate area is close to Disney and is very nice.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #47
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Hi Amy,

I am on board for this happy adventure. I can't wait to read all about it. I'm a bit jealous if I may say so.

Sophia

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #48
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Yes! I was looking around the Orlando area, about 15-20 minutes outside, around Altamonte Springs.
That seems like a nice area

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
The Davenport area is a great place to live. The Champions Gate area is close to Disney and is very nice.
Yes, I forgot about Davenport ~ I'll check it out, thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Hi Amy,

I am on board for this happy adventure. I can't wait to read all about it. I'm a bit jealous if I may say so.

Sophia
Hi Sophia! So glad you're here Don't be jealous ~ you get to visit WDW all the time you're so lucky!

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #49
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Champions Gate/Davenport is a nice area, but is also a bit more on the expensive side of things. My DH works at the Publix right near Reunion, and he said all that come in are tourists.

Polk County may be a good choice for you..Its close to Disney, but depending on the area, you can get really good housing deals..

I personally LOVE Winter Haven. Haines City, Lakeland, and Poinciana are all also good choices.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:54 AM   #50
rparmfamily
In paradise

What about Winter Park? Lake Mary?

I'm not super familiar w/Orlando (I'm from further north...near St Augustine, which is a GREAT historic and fun town!!) but I think I remember those areas being nice.

I understand the excitement too...military family here too!! We've lived in FL twice, Maine, Italy, Viginia and now Hawaii. It is an adventure!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:17 AM   #51
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Lake Mary and Winter Park are on the far eastern side of Orlando. I lived in Casselberry for a year, and I recall TONS of traffic issues on that side of town, but both very nice areas.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:14 AM   #52
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Champions Gate/Davenport is a nice area, but is also a bit more on the expensive side of things. My DH works at the Publix right near Reunion, and he said all that come in are tourists.

Polk County may be a good choice for you..Its close to Disney, but depending on the area, you can get really good housing deals..

I personally LOVE Winter Haven. Haines City, Lakeland, and Poinciana are all also good choices.
Hi! I've been looking at Davenport too, thanks for the suggestion.

Winter Haven is a place I haven't checked into yet, I will do that here in a minute ~ thanks again for the suggestion! Also, Poinciana looks nice but I have a question for you so I'm going to PM you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparmfamily View Post
What about Winter Park? Lake Mary?

I'm not super familiar w/Orlando (I'm from further north...near St Augustine, which is a GREAT historic and fun town!!) but I think I remember those areas being nice.

I understand the excitement too...military family here too!! We've lived in FL twice, Maine, Italy, Viginia and now Hawaii. It is an adventure!
HI! We LOVE St. Augustine! We always stop there on the way down and back from NC and enjoy the area The kids LOVE the St. Augustine Alligator Farm

Winter Park is nice, but I think a bit out of our price range and style Lake Mary is an option, I'm checking out houses there too. It seems to be as far away from WDW as Clermont, just in a different direction.

The Military is really great ~ the travel and benefits. That's great you have gotten to enjoy so many wonderful places and Hawaii? How cool ~ haven't been there YET

Thanks for your input!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Lake Mary and Winter Park are on the far eastern side of Orlando. I lived in Casselberry for a year, and I recall TONS of traffic issues on that side of town, but both very nice areas.
Thanks!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-05-2008, 06:18 AM   #53
safetymom
Have will travel

Lot's of homes behind Champions Gate that are reasonable. There are two Publix close to each other in the area.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #54
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lot's of homes behind Champions Gate that are reasonable. There are two Publix close to each other in the area.
Great , I'll check that out too. I'm searching now, thanks!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #55
grammynelliebelle
DIS Veteran

Good for you and your family! Live your dream. I was going to ask about the Davenport area from you local folks. When we have visited the area I always enjoy the ride along 27 from Davenport up to Clermont. How do things pan out price wise? Grammy
grammynelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #56
safetymom
Have will travel

You have a wide variety of homes, apts. manufactured homes, mansions. A little bit for everyone. It's a great area.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:59 AM   #57
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammynelliebelle View Post
Good for you and your family! Live your dream. I was going to ask about the Davenport area from you local folks. When we have visited the area I always enjoy the ride along 27 from Davenport up to Clermont. How do things pan out price wise? Grammy
Thanks Davenport looks great ~I sure wish I had visited some of these areas when there in the past...we always just come in off of I-4 from the East and go back that way too. When in town we just stick to International and 192 ~ you know, the tourist areas

Quote:
You have a wide variety of homes, apts. manufactured homes, mansions. A little bit for everyone. It's a great area.
Sounds perfect. I will ask the realtor I'm talking to right now to send some listing from that area. I can't wait to check them out!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #58
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've already learned so much from this thread! I'm getting more ideas for towns to search nearby! You're going to help me out a lot if I do decide to eventually move down there.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #59
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I've already learned so much from this thread! I'm getting more ideas for towns to search nearby! You're going to help me out a lot if I do decide to eventually move down there.
That's great ~ just what I want to hear We need more info on Orlando and areas because lots of us are moving there and it would be really helpful. I've learned a lot too!!!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #60
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Since you babysit a lot, have you considered working at Disney at one of the child care clubs? The down side may be that you would not be at home and they may give you hours you do not like.
I am only suggesting this b/c I used to work at a preschool and the other teachers and I were big Disney fans and we said we would love to live in Orlando and work there.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: