Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #151
iluvflorida8
Mouseketeer

"Good Luck" on your move to Orlando!

We moved from NE Ohio to Vero Beach (100 miles southeast of WDW) three years ago and don't have any regrets.

iluvflorida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #152
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
I'm in on this thread!! I, too, am planning a move to Orlando in about 3 years. I'm originally from the Gulf Coast (Venice - gorgeous beaches!!!) and so it would almost be like going home - at least kinda close. I would be moving with my DS8 (he's 8 now). He and I are excited. I'm really really really losing interest in being so cold all the time, and my DS wants to live in tank tops and flip flops and be in a pool constantly. He's anxious about the prospective move too. I have to wait until DD15 finishes high school in 2.5 yrs first. I don't want to uproot her -- she's been in this school system all her young life. (And it's a GOOD one.)

So, there ya have it. I'm basically in the "planning" stage right now so this is the greatest adventure to follow yet!!

GOOD LUCK!!
Yay! Welcome

How exciting for you to be moving back home. I bet your son is so excited! My son is also excited about wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts and crocs all the time. He can't stand wearing hats and gloves and jackets What about your daughter? Is she excited to move after high school or will she be going off to college?
That's great she is in a great school ~ good schools are hard to find in Fl. I hear
Where are you living now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvflorida8 View Post
"Good Luck" on your move to Orlando!

We moved from NE Ohio to Vero Beach (100 miles southeast of WDW) three years ago and don't have any regrets.
Thanks so much! I'm so glad to hear you love Fl. and have no regrets

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #153
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Just keep in mind once you live here for awhile when the temps drop in the 60's you will be looking for your jacket and long pants.

You won't be swimming.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #154
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

LOl I agree with that statement...and the recent cold snaps have been really hard here lately..its NEVER this cool for so long..

Today's high, 81

Cold front moving in, expected low..40!

40 degrees in 1 day is HUGE
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #155
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Just keep in mind once you live here for awhile when the temps drop in the 60's you will be looking for your jacket and long pants.

You won't be swimming.
Cold weather has never bothered me as I grew up in Alaska. I remember when it was 40 outside after being below zero for so long everyone wanted to wear shorts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
LOl I agree with that statement...and the recent cold snaps have been really hard here lately..its NEVER this cool for so long..

Today's high, 81

Cold front moving in, expected low..40!

40 degrees in 1 day is HUGE
That is such a huge drop! I bet it would be hard for someone living in really hot weather all year long when the cold weather comes!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #156
Scoobmuzic
Believers in faith, trust and pixie dust!
nothing worse than a fork that is not curved properly

Hi,

I just found your thread about moving here to FL. I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to say Welcome!!

My husband and I moved here 4 years ago from RI. We absolutly love it here! We rented an apartment for 2 years to make sure we wanted to stay(and we did) so we bought a condo in Kissimmee on 192 2 years ago. We do live on the west side of 192 so we are not in the middle of all the restaurant and gift shop madness.

We live 10 minutes from AK. We made the decision to move because of the weather in RI was much too cold for me and we would vacation here each year and not want to leave when the vacation was over

PM me if you have any specific questions about anything.

Go Cowboys!!!
X3 Disney Caption Contest
1982 Off Site; 1991 Disney Inn; 1995 Off Site; 1997 All Star Music; 1998 Dixie Landings; 1999 All Star Movies; 2000 Port Orleans Riverside; 2001 Coronado Springs; 2002 All Star Movies; 2003 All Star Music; May 2004 POP Century; Jan 2005 Move to Kissimmee FL; Jan 2005 Reilly Family Trip to WDW!! December 2010 3rd Reilly Family Trip, All 10of 'em!
Scoobmuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #157
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobmuzic View Post
Hi,

I just found your thread about moving here to FL. I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to say Welcome!!

My husband and I moved here 4 years ago from RI. We absolutly love it here! We rented an apartment for 2 years to make sure we wanted to stay(and we did) so we bought a condo in Kissimmee on 192 2 years ago. We do live on the west side of 192 so we are not in the middle of all the restaurant and gift shop madness.

We live 10 minutes from AK. We made the decision to move because of the weather in RI was much too cold for me and we would vacation here each year and not want to leave when the vacation was over

PM me if you have any specific questions about anything.
Hi and Welcome to my moving report I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that you have lived in Kissimme and you love it!
I know we will love it but it does kinda get to me hearing all this negitive stuff about Orlando and areas.
I will PM you ~ I would love to ask you a few questions

Thanks!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #158
ChevyNat
DIS Veteran

You are receiving a lot of good wishes, I can't wait for the actual move and the up-dates (whenever you'll be able to do some ha! ha!)

2003- DisneyWorld, off-site / 2004 - DisneyWorld, OKW/
2005 - Disneyland, off-site / 2006 - Jan 30th Coronado Spring 2007 - OKW/SSR / 2008 - OKW / 2009-OKW/ 2010 vacation home
trip report/4 gals and a boy 2008
ChevyNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #159
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post
You are receiving a lot of good wishes, I can't wait for the actual move and the up-dates (whenever you'll be able to do some ha! ha!)
I know ~ I love the DIS community ~ they are do nice...thank you fellow DISers for your support

I can't wait either ~ only 3 more weeks now!!!

I will make time for the updates, I will keep everyone filled in don't worry You know me, details, details, details

Living Our Dream

Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #160
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
Yay! Welcome

How exciting for you to be moving back home. I bet your son is so excited! My son is also excited about wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts and crocs all the time. He can't stand wearing hats and gloves and jackets What about your daughter? Is she excited to move after high school or will she be going off to college?
That's great she is in a great school ~ good schools are hard to find in Fl. I hear
Where are you living now?

We're in Horsham, not far outside Philadelphia. My DD15 will most likely be heading to college ... not sure how I will handle her going away in the first place, then if DDS and I run to Florida and make the distance even further, I may just fall apart!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #161
mickey squared
Mouseketeer

I have been following your thread and wish you the best of luck. We moved to Orlando (Celebration), 4 months ago from L.I. (NY). We have 4 kids and 2 are special needs (autism). You're lucky you don't have to deal with the schools. We're thinking of homeschooling (so I might have to ask you a few questions)!! We signed a 1yr lease to rent the house we're in only to find out it is being foreclosed. The owner hasn't paid his mortgage or taxes since March and we started renting in July. The real estate agent is a waste and doesn't want to deal with us. So, we're looking at renting again until we decide if we're going back to NY. My husband transferred with his job so we have to stay until May. You can pm me with any questions and I'll be happy to answer. Oh yeah, we have a pool that needed a new valve but the owner didn't want to replace, so we ended up with a $1200. electric bill for the month!! Happy planning...
5-12-07 14 night Magic
11-21-09 7 night Magic
12-23-09 4 night Wonder
12-27-09 3 night Wonder
12-18-10 11 night Magic
06-10-13 7 night Wonder
mickey squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #162
Ilivetogo
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey squared View Post
I have been following your thread and wish you the best of luck. We moved to Orlando (Celebration), 4 months ago from L.I. (NY). We have 4 kids and 2 are special needs (autism). You're lucky you don't have to deal with the schools. We're thinking of homeschooling (so I might have to ask you a few questions)!! We signed a 1yr lease to rent the house we're in only to find out it is being foreclosed. The owner hasn't paid his mortgage or taxes since March and we started renting in July. The real estate agent is a waste and doesn't want to deal with us. So, we're looking at renting again until we decide if we're going back to NY. My husband transferred with his job so we have to stay until May. You can pm me with any questions and I'll be happy to answer. Oh yeah, we have a pool that needed a new valve but the owner didn't want to replace, so we ended up with a $1200. electric bill for the month!! Happy planning...
Oh man.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #163
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're in Horsham, not far outside Philadelphia. My DD15 will most likely be heading to college ... not sure how I will handle her going away in the first place, then if DDS and I run to Florida and make the distance even further, I may just fall apart!
That will be hard when she goes away to college. I think going to Orlando will help take your mind off of it a little though
Where is she interested in going to college? Any ideas yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey squared View Post
Hi there and welcome Wow, Celebration huh? How do you like Celebration? We drove through there in Jan. just to check it out. Such a nice place
How can they forclose when they have a lease to rent? That's awful I sent you a PM Thanks!

Living Our Dream

Old 12-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #164
Ilivetogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthfaries View Post
That will be hard when she goes away to college. I think going to Orlando will help take your mind off of it a little though
Where is she interested in going to college? Any ideas yet?

Not a clue yet.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #165
earthfaries
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh man.
I know That's awful!

I have heard of that going on in Orlando because of the situation with the economy but I wonder how to try and prevent renting from someone who is forclosing? I asked my realtor and he said he wouldn't really worry too much when you go through a property group/management company like we're going to. Also someone here pointed out to make sure your deposit is safe in an account.

Living Our Dream

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: