Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #31
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
That is a very pretty frame! congrats! what thoughtful parents you have!
Yeah they are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
That's such a nice gift! I like that the November is spelled out.

Very pretty!
*LOL* My father will appreciate that!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #32
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

We got our first engagement card! Ok so that might be a bit silly to post, but it seems so weird to get these things. I'm also having a terrible time calling DF DF instead of BF. Does that ever get easier?
T-minus 4 days left for my internship and then it is wedding planning time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2008, 04:55 PM   #33
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

Aww!! Congrats! I was so excited when I got my first one.. I left it up for like 3 weeks.

As far as the DF goes, it gets easier!! We'd go places and I'd always say "Oh this my DBf.." and he'd say "Actually I'm her DF".. people must've thought I was crazy for not being able to keep up with my own engagement but I promise you'll get used to it!

Yay for planning (and the end of the internship!)
Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #34
DisneyFairy19
Disney Bride 10-4-08!!! Annual Passholder!!! Been there, Done that, Going Back!!!

Absolutely gorgeous gift
DisneyFairy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #35
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Aww!! Congrats! I was so excited when I got my first one.. I left it up for like 3 weeks.

As far as the DF goes, it gets easier!! We'd go places and I'd always say "Oh this my DBf.." and he'd say "Actually I'm her DF".. people must've thought I was crazy for not being able to keep up with my own engagement but I promise you'll get used to it!

Yay for planning (and the end of the internship!)
I think the best part of your post is the YEY FOR THE END OF THE INTERNSHIP!!! Only 3 days left! Then, I start planning...a little...DF wants me to wait until I graduate in May...Um yeah right...whatever.

The card will get scrapbooked I'm sure. OOH! More goodies for me to buy!

I'll get the DBF DF Boy Thing That one over there...What ever I decide to call him eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy19 View Post
Absolutely gorgeous gift
Thank you!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #36
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

The Petals & Pixie Dust Theme

My internship is finally over-So, without further ado...How about some storytelling and planning before the next semester starts!

How did we get our theme? I am pretty sure that DF isn't aware of the theme-but that is probably b/c I haven't told him (oops!) I thought having a theme was important and brought to life our relationship. Pixie Dust is something that has occured in our relationship more than once and has come up in a number of different ways.

When DF and I got together I set high standards from the beginning. I told him that I would not say yes to a proposal unless he did 3 things.
1. Remember that my birthday and Valentine's Day are 2 separate events on the same day. (We celebrate my birthday in the morning and Valentine's Day in the evening)
2. Buy me purple roses. I don't know where I came up with this, but he did-twice.
3. Take me to ice skate at Rockefeller Center when the tree was up. Now, this is a funny story and kind of long...So, I will make that my next post. Fair?

Our trips to Disney have always been spectacular. Even if I threatened to cancel our first trip! I had been planning the trip for a year. DF told me 2 weeks before we left that he didn't see how it was going to be any fun b/c I had done nothing but plan the whole year previously. I promptly went to my mother's office and threatened to cancel the trip. She wasn't going to let that happen. Anyway, we get to Disney and WITHIN AN HOUR he was on the phone to his mother and then his sister telling them what a great place WDW was and that they had to come there and we should do a family trip and...OH MY GOODNESS I WANTED TO THROW PINS AT HIM OR SOMETHING...We were at the pin shop at DTD when he called them later on in the evening too.

Needless to say WDW made a believer out of my non-believe BF (at the time) in all things that had to do with Mickey Mouse and Pixie Dust. Each trip has always been amazing!

Where do the petals come from???
My grandparents-my mother's parents. I specify that b/c they were the most wonderful people. People that I admired, but unfortunately are no longer here to share this special time in my life. My grandmother's bracelet is my something old. (will post pic later) Her name was rose. Roses will be the only flower used for this wedding. I know that sound silly and mono-floral, but it is important to me. How does my grandpa fit into the rose theme? The last movie he saw was a movie that I took him to. It was Beauty & The Beast. During the Be Our Guest scene I turned to look at him and he looked like he was a kid in an adult body. It's a memory that I cherish. To commemorate that moment in time, I'm hoping that on the alter there will be something that resembles the glass dome that covered a single red rose-I'm thinking suspended in pink gel or something. (Um I hope Rosie is ready for this one!!!)I think I will also have petals on the alter as well, but we will see how that all works out when the time comes.

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping to keep all of this together so that when I'm done I can print it up and bind it. (Thanks Caryn!)

Next up...The Rockefeller Center Story
(and then I promise more planning!)
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM   #37
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Thank You Card For Engagement Gifts

Ok so I know I said I would post the RC story but I just finished these and thought I would share.
These are the thank you cards I made for our engagement gifts. I was just going to buy cards, but after 3 months with no creative outlet...I was craving to do something creative...So, here they are.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #38
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile What cute cards!

Paper crafts are a great creative outlet.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #39
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy88 View Post
Paper crafts are a great creative outlet.
I love them b/c they give you instant gratification. You get to the final product quickly. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #40
Rora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post

When DF and I got together I set high standards from the beginning. I told him that I would not say yes to a proposal unless he did 3 things.
1. Remember that my birthday and Valentine's Day are 2 separate events on the same day. (We celebrate my birthday in the morning and Valentine's Day in the evening)
2. Buy me purple roses. I don't know where I came up with this, but he did-twice.
3. Take me to ice skate at Rockefeller Center when the tree was up. Now, this is a funny story and kind of long...So, I will make that my next post. Fair?
First of all.. it's so funny you set standards with him! I did the same w/ my DF. My Bday is Feb. 13 (always mushed with Valentines Day-- so sorry for you though!!). I told him we had to celebrate BOTH days. And I love how you wanted purple roses . Cute!
Our trips to Disney have always been spectacular. Even if I threatened to cancel our first trip! I had been planning the trip for a year. DF told me 2 weeks before we left that he didn't see how it was going to be any fun b/c I had done nothing but plan the whole year previously. I promptly went to my mother's office and threatened to cancel the trip. She wasn't going to let that happen. Anyway, we get to Disney and WITHIN AN HOUR he was on the phone to his mother and then his sister telling them what a great place WDW was and that they had to come there and we should do a family trip and...OH MY GOODNESS I WANTED TO THROW PINS AT HIM OR SOMETHING...We were at the pin shop at DTD when he called them later on in the evening too.
Hey, at least he's a believer now!

During the Be Our Guest scene I turned to look at him and he looked like he was a kid in an adult body. It's a memory that I cherish. To commemorate that moment in time, I'm hoping that on the alter there will be something that resembles the glass dome that covered a single red rose-I'm thinking suspended in pink gel or something. (Um I hope Rosie is ready for this one!!!)I think I will also have petals on the alter as well, but we will see how that all works out when the time comes.
Your grandparents story is so sweet! I love your idea too. I'm sure Rosie will be able to handle it..if not, all us DIS Brides will have to get together (that'd be fun anyways!) and make it work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
So cute!! Good work!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #41
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Rora:
Too funny. I HATE those combo "It's Valentine's Day and Your Birthday!" cards. DF puts an APB out and tells people no combo cards! I still get them anyway! Oh well!

Cool that your b'day is the day before mine!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #42
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Honorary Maid-of-Honor

So, we have decided that there will be no wedding party. However, I have a close friend that if I was able to, I'd love to have her as my MOH. So, I came up with this honorary MOH. Does this sound stupid? She got just as excited about my engagement as I did. I think she was kind of bummed that we are doing immediate family only at the wedding and we are always trying to figure out how to get her there (this is a long story) She has already said she is helping with my bridal shower...If I was going to have anyone stand up for me it would be her.
So, I decided to make her part of it in a round about way. I printed out a letter to her that says:

You won't have to buy and wear a dress that you hate and can/will only wear once.
You won't have to walk down the aisle with some ugly guy that you don't know...and look happy about it!
You won't have to wear ridiculous shoes and pretend your feed don't hurt.
You will have to keep me sane
You will have to be the buffer between me and my mom while dress shopping.
You will be designated as the "Team Play Nice" captain.
So, with that in mind, will you be my Honorary Maid of Honor?

I know this sounds kind of corny ...but it is so us and our friendship. I think she will get a kick out of it! I'm giving it to her tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #43
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Rockefeller Center

I'm 48 hours after the end of my internship and I'm sooo bored! So, I figured I'd continue more of this planning stuff and the story about Rockefeller Center. In typical pixie dust fashion, the whole thing was amazing, but it didn't start out that way.
We had flown from home to NYC. The weather wasn't too bad. It was raining, but it wasn't snowing We were only staying for the day. Our plan landed in JKF at 6 or 7 AM and we took a cab to Rockefeller Center. We figured we would skate, get it out of the way and then spend the day sight seeing then catch out plane at 11:30 pm-long day but so worth it!
We got out of our cab and got out at the Rock. It was supposed to be open at 8:30...but no one was skating and there was at least 3 inches of water on rink. and to make matters worse-they were closed. I was heart broken, and since this was one of those things he had to do before I said yes to a proposal I figured I was doomed. I even sat and thought about how I was going to end the relationship-this was an omen and I was convinced!
So, we spent the rest of the day walking around. We went to Carnigie Deli, the UN and then started to make our way back to time square. I called RFC every couple of hours to see if they are were skating. No go. So, as we return, DF suggests that we got to T&Co. As we head that way we get off at Time Square...Don't ask me why-we just did and we walked to RFC. I peered over the barrier and people were skating! DF asked me to call and make sure it wasn't a private party...I was so excited I didn't have the mind to tell him that they don't do private parties. I called and spoke with the same woman who answered my phone calls all day and she said YES THEY WERE SKATING!!!
The ice was soft, the blades were dull, and let me tell you-the rink is small! And for 2 people it was $50 total to skate but worth every penny!

Last edited by Petals & Pixie Dust; 02-04-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Petals & Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #44
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Update

1. MOH accepted.
2. Parents got their thank you card and loved it.
3. Went to book store today to look at wedding planning books. That was a waste of time. I pretty much know what I want!
4. Got info from DFTW-just the packet that you get when you get stuff off the internet-nothing special or information that I didn't know.

Baby steps!
Sounds like we will go dress shopping the week after Xmas.
Bridal Show 1/10
I'm pretty excited to actually be able to do all of this stuff!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #45
Rora

So happy you are making progress.

Your H.MOH idea was a good one! Can't wait for dress shopping!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: