Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #16
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thank You Ladies! Hi Rosie!!

B2B-2008 - I love your new signature photos!! I'll have to try and start my Food Trippie from this year, it sort of got neglected a bit

Good to see you Patty! We are settled I think! It's so nice to have our own place and we're still getting engagement/new home cards! Everyone has been really kind!

It's been a bit of a tough week, since my granddad died last Thursday and yesterday was his funeral. Patty, you may remember me saying on our Cruise thread that my granddad had died in March, so I've lost 2 within the space of 8 months. This year has had some both good and bad stuff happen. I admit, thinking about the wedding has taken my mind off things a bit so it was lucky I had something to keep me busy.

Onto happier things, I haven't had a look at any dresses yet - well in stores anyway! I need to exercise/diet/lose weight!! I do love Maggie Sottero dresses - like the Capri Royale. I'm not sure whether to go for pick-ups or a princessy-style chiffon skirt - I like both styles!

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #17
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

mine was a maggie sottero.

I'm so sorry for your loss
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #18
Disney-Bride2010
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry for your loss Hayley... I understand what you're going through. Both of my grandparents passed exactly 6 weeks from each other. At least you have wedding planning to help take your mind off everything. Just remember that there's an extra looking over you now!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
askelton
Disney Cosmo

So sorry to hear about your grandfather.

askelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #20
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thank you Just trying to get back to normality now... I haven't had any work done this week, but I have been doing a bit of work on our wedding website which has helped a LOT, and DF has been lovely and booked a 2 night trip to Rome in January So I have the job of finding a hotel for that and planning where we'll go which will keep me even busier!

Your dress was lovely Sarah I also love Hollywood Dreams, but $$$! I think I might try the dress on over here and order from the US or something... dresses seem to be much cheaper over in the States. Depends how much difference it is with the exchange rate now, and delivery and import tax.

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #21
askelton
Disney Cosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
DF has been lovely and booked a 2 night trip to Rome in January
How fabulous!

askelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 AM   #22
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your loss Hayley, I'm glad you are finding things to keep you busy.

I would love to go to Rome. We are visiting my friend in Italy in March but she lives on the other side of Italy opposite Rome.

My dress was a Hollywood Dreams dress and I loved it. I got a 10% discount by ordering it at the National Wedding Show they hold each year and free fittings which saved quite a bit of money. I sure with the way the world is at the moment there will be some good discounts around. I ordered my dress two years before the wedding!

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
B2B-2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #23
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the engagement and on having a disney wedding. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I love everything that you have picked out for your wedding so far, I love the look of the candy bar.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:34 AM   #24
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to go! I love Italy, we went to Venice last year which was really nice. I could live on Italian food, so I'm very much looking forward to that!!

B2B2008 - Your dress is absolutely lovely! I love your photos, it makes me want to call up DFTW and tell them I want that carriage NOW! How did you like the wedding show? I was thinking of going maybe next year with my mum.

I haven't really been to any wedding fayres yet as we're not getting married around here. I'm not sure if we're having a party when we come back. The WDW wedding is most important at the moment and we want to make sure we have everything we want for that before thinking about an at-home reception.

Did any UK Brides not have an UK Reception afterwards?

How about planning sessions? I would LOVE to go on a PS session, in fact, it was one of the things that I thought was cool about a WDW Wedding. But now I'm thinking that cash could go towards our wedding. Did any UK Brides not have a planning session?

Old 11-15-2008, 07:07 AM   #25
orangetiggs
Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

we could nt have the carriage but had the horse drawn landau which was lovely.

we had a church blessing and reception afterwards the day after we landed back!!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #26
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

We didn't decide to have the carriage until two months before the wedding. Darren at first said he didn't like the idea of it but he changed his mind nearer the time. We were both so glad we got it in the end.

We went to quite a few wedding shows, Darren come to the big one with me. I would say go if you can as they do offer good deals.

We didn't have a reception at home as I thought it would be more stress to have to plan two events also we only wanted to use our savings for our holiday and wedding.

We didn't go to WDW for a planning session, again because we wanted to use the money for the wedding, but my planner was amazing and all the photos on here helped so much.

Jane Our DFTW July 2008 TR Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1544907
Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #27
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

We'd both sort of agreed on not having the carriage, since it's sooo expensive for such a short time - but the more I look at it, the more I want it... yep, naughty me.

I was wondering whether I would regret not having the huge wedding back at home, but we'd just rather use the money towards the WDW wedding of our dreams. I mean, we'd rather have the Coach than feed all 50 extra people that we see once in a blue moon If I had a wedding like yours Jane, I don't think I'd regret it! It's also lovely to see your parents enjoying themselves so much - I'm so excited to show mine around!!

Thank you for your replies It does help a lot to talk to other brides, especially coming from the UK!

Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #28
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Hi Hayley, Just spotted you had started your PJ -thought I'd have a quick read. Your plans sound great so far- I look forward to hearing more...

Sorry to hear about your loss, hope your both settled in your house now.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #29
B2B-2008
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
I was wondering whether I would regret not having the huge wedding back at home, but we'd just rather use the money towards the WDW wedding of our dreams. I mean, we'd rather have the Coach than feed all 50 extra people that we see once in a blue moon If I had a wedding like yours Jane, I don't think I'd regret it! It's also lovely to see your parents enjoying themselves so much - I'm so excited to show mine around!!
I was so happy when we cancelled our wedding in England there was going to be 120 people for the day alone and the only people that I was really bothered about being at our wedding were the people that came to orlando. So much pressure was put on us by our family as soon as we said the words marriage and wedding.

We don't regret for one moment our wedding day we both enjoyed it so much and to be honest I wasn't looking forward to the wedding we were originally going to have one bit. That wedding was for our parents.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #30
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Hi Hayley!!!

Wow, your wedding plans sound SO similar to mine!!

Great to see another UK bride on here!!! Can't wait to read more of your PJ!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: