Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #1246
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Heidi...we go WAY back..well way back for the DIS....were you on Jiminy Girls' TR that never got finished?

Sad to see your TR end...can't wait for your next adventure......

Don't be a stranger.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #1247
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Heidi, I enjoyed your TR. The good and the bad. Hopefully your solo trip will be just what the doctor ordered and help bring a little magic back to you.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #1248
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Goodness! I hadn't realized you'd finished this up! Thanks for giving so much information in your report Heidi. It was awesome.

And I hope you have a fabulous upcoming trip!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 09-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #1249
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Thank you everyone for your final comments, they mean a lot to me. My current PTR is in full swing....link in siggie.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #1250
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

It could have been magical, and for a half hour in that Barber Shop on Main Street USA is was. Pure magic. It was like Walt himself sprinkled some pixie dust on us from above.

I like to think of it as a 10 day trip to get Liam a $5000 first hair cut.

Heidi....

it may not have been that magical, dreamy first trip w/ your child trip you were hoping for....but you surived, learned many tips and tricks that can be very vaulable to first time parents going to Disney and best of all YOU DID have that one big piece of MAGIC

many more wonderful trips are in your future! in like 4 days

J-
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #1251
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

So sad to read the end of your TR and also sorry you didn't feel the trip had that magic element to it.

I am going off to read your PTR!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #1252
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm not sure if you are still checking here...but...I was finally able to catch up on your last day and all your wrap up stuff. You bought so many great souvies, I love the clothes for Liam!

I understand the lack-of-magic, that can easily happen with a toddler. And I can't imagine being pregnant on top of that. And having a cold. Despite all of that, it did have it's rays of sunshine and I'm glad that YOU are able to go back and find your magic. Now I have to get caught up on THAT report.

I agree with you about leaving a clean house. Joe thinks I'm nuts, but he doesn't care if the house is clean or not, so he just doesn't get it. Thankfully, he still helps me clean!

And I agree with you about Liberty Inn in America being the land of bland toddler food. Uh-no hot dog? What country is this?!

You taught me ANOTHER new thing about Disney - the Italy canal ride that never came to pass. How cool would that have been?! I gotta get me some of these books to tide me over between trips!

Loved the report, I appreciate that you are real and tell it like it is!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: