Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #1216
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

You had a great final day!
The blue and red fleece hoodies you got for Liam are so cute!

Love skycaps. So worth it.

Rude people just annoy me. Why are people surprised there are children on a flight to or from Orlando? Really? It's that shocking that people take their kids to WDW? I agree with you about karma.

And I love your two tips. I love coming home to a clean home, fresh sheets, and all of my toiletries waiting for me in the shower.

You're so close to your next trip. Are you going to do a tr?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #1217
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I love the skycaps too. We always use them. Your tips are great and so true!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #1218
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great tips on the clean house and toiletries. Think I'll pass the heat and serve meal tip along to my mom!

Sorry you ran into some jerks on the plane. As you said, it's Orlando. Seriously? What are they expecting? And yes, Karma is a you know what!

Love the souvies you got especially the fleeces. I hope to get myself one this trip. Although hope temp wise I won't need it while on the trip!

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'll see ya real soon!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #1219
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

My husband is always shaking his head and I insist on putting fresh sheets on the bed the morning we leave for vacation. It could be because sometimes it 4am (Disney trips)...but a couple of trips to the caribbean we had 5am flights so we had to get up by 1:30am. Guess i could have just changed them the night before. But if I did that I would probably insist we sleep "ontop" of the covers
Old 09-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #1220
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Glad you had an un eventful flight home except for the onions....

After our flight homw this trip...I may consider staying an extra night to get 1 more full day and leave in the morning of next to avoid the leaving disney meltdown or Kathy's endoftripitis

I can barely ever leave the house a mess.... I too so agree w/ tip one! I'll hardly forget this one evening after dinner when I was going into pre-term labor w/ Mae (she actually didn't come then) and we were rushing off to the hosipital and I was wait Matt I have to clear the dining table....

Good call on the tolietries...I usually use all travel size stuff, except for a few things...I really should pack that stuff it a sep bag to just pull out when you get home...

awaiting the final thoughts

J-
Old 09-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #1221
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Heidi...I enjoyed this update even though it means we are coming to an end!!! I'm sorry you had to deal with those people on the plane, some people have forgotten what common courtesy is!!!!

I totally agree with the whole coming home to a clean house...its the best!! Great tip!!!

I'm so excited for our upcoming trip!!! I can't wait to meet you!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #1222
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so evil that I am secretly full of glee that the first man had to sit near a crying baby. Serves him right!

And what was with the second guy? Not wanting to sit near kids, I can understand, but why would you not want to sit near "old people"? I don't understand that one.

Your tips are spot-on! I totally agree and always try to leave a clean house when we go on vacation.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #1223
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Hehehe, oh I just love Karma!

What do people expect flying out of Orlando of all places? That is just ridiculous.

Sounds like a smooth last day though, the traveling part can be so nerve wracking so I'm glad it went smoothly for you.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #1224
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

At least Lame-O's wife was cool...

(Wonder if they had any kids of their own?)

On to the next trip!

Kathy
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #1225
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I must clarify about the onions on the plane.....I did not have Jordan-like problems with the onions ....it was just that onions are stinky.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #1226
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Great travel tips, can your Mom make me dinner too? I always try to leave a clean house, it does feel so good when you come home to it! I just wish I could figure out a way to come home to a full refrigerator. That's the one that bugs me, having to go grocery shopping when you're worn out from traveling. You must really be looking forward to your solo trip, just a couple of weeks now! It will be great to have time to yourself. Raising two little ones doesn't leave much time for that , so enjoy!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #1227
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I knew what you meant about the onions, Heidi!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 AM   #1228
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
I just wish I could figure out a way to come home to a full refrigerator. That's the one that bugs me, having to go grocery shopping when you're worn out from traveling.
AHHH! There you go....now that would be wonderful
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 AM   #1229
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
I just wish I could figure out a way to come home to a full refrigerator. goodvibes
Ever use Peapod from Stop & shop for groceries? Maybe if get home early you could take the later delivery time or if getting home late at night take the 1st avail. in the morning?

I remember when SouthWest had their "old" boarding system. We had never flown them, but knew we had to get to the airport early (this was before they did the online thingie). Well we had #'s 30+31 (I think)..we were the
2nd boarding group and I was thinking.....we'll be fine!
However, this was also when the allowed pre boarding for those traveling with children UNDER 5. So it seemed like more than 1/2 of the plane boarded because those that had children under 5 didn't bother to get their early knowing they could pre board. And Hello.... we were going to DISNEY WORLD!! Then they had group 1 board.... Then us...

Lets just say I am thrilled S.W. changed their boarding protocol.... But we always fly JetBlue for the tvs & the assigned seating now Plus they don't fly direct from Boston where we can park for free....so we'd have to drive to Providence, + pay for parking
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #1230
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Great update.

If I had to guess, you bought a Santa Mickey Mouse Club House Sticker Sheet. Or something along those lines.

That's what years of working at the Disney store will do for you.

Love Karma. Love it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: