Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 AM   #1186
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Thanks for supporting my Peeps every time you stop by the Homeland
Old 09-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #1187
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post

looking forward to the end...

[/COLOR]
You and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
I bought the exact same teabag holder in January! I love, love, love it. I didn't buy the cup or anything else, but mainly because I anticipate the little girls trying to confiscate it for themselves...
OH I hadn't thought of having to share my Disney stuff with the kids yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
That Alice teacup is adorable! I hope they still have the pattern as well for Danica.

And speaking of Danica - she's beautiful Heidi!! Two cuties you've got there! :

I like the rice bowls...I'm going to have to keep that in mind. We eat rice around here a lot-it would be so much more fun to eat it from a bowl from Epcot!
Thanks!

You're in Disney right now so I hope you find some cute rice bowls. I love to eat out of them. Even ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
I love the Alice set! So cute - you really did some good shopping! So you are doing a solo trip in October? Have you done a solo trip before?
Yes I'm going solo for the first time 9/30 to 10/4. I'm really looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Maybe not the most modern of restrooms, but always clean and very private. One of my faves for sure! I try to stop there every trip.
I will take clean and private over modern any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Thanks for supporting my Peeps every time you stop by the Homeland
No problem. I think I will support their sake bar during my upcoming trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #1188
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I will take clean and private over modern any day.
Me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepns
No problem. I think I will support their sake bar during my upcoming trip.
Make a donation for me.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:07 PM   #1189
MRYPPNS

Day 9 continues in Epcot at about 1pm in the afternoon.

Mr. Liam needed some food, and it just happened that our next country was America. Land of the Liberty Inn and bland toddler food.

I ordered him a kid’s meal al a carte.
Grapes $1.29
Applesauce $0.99
Big size milk $1.99 (a smaller sized milk comes with the kids meals)
And 2 cups of ice for us for our bottled sodas $0

Our time in the Liberty Inn was uneventful, but we did notice that they were already starting to set up the Gingerbread house in the dining area.

This picture (and the other 7 or so of them) would have made a great mystery photo for DisMomAmy’s TR.

DH liked it as a piece of furniture and might want to make it someday.
Insert husband joke here.

After lunch we let Liam roam around the Pearville area again.

We continued our walk around WS.

Pictures of where the proposed Italy canal boat ride was to be.

Little side note here: if you fancy yourself a Disney geek I suggest reading a good behinds the scenes book within a couple weeks of your trip. Both DH and I read Realityland before the trip and we found ourselves looking for different thing that we had read about. It really adds to the experience if you like that sort of stuff. I have the 600 things about Disney book coming from Amazon this week. (Anyone know the correct title? Scrappie-Do is reading right now I believe).

Germany

After this I had a mini meltdown. I don’t remember all the details but it involved Liam needing a nap, me having to power walk with the stroller from about Germany to Mexico and back thru the crowd of people and F&W booths, me being pissed at myself for not making us take a break back at the hotel this day for Liam’s nap and being pissed at DH for not thinking of taking a break back at the resort. Oh and I was pregnant and we were on Day 9! Let’s just say that DH is a Saint.

In the end it worked out….. doesn’t it always?
Liam napped in the stroller. I got to sit down for a much needed break. And DH got Strudel. But I’ll get back to the strudel in a second.

We went back to Italy for the F&W booth there. I got the Pizza with Sausage $4.50 and DH got the Cream Puff w/Mascarpone & Gianduja Chocolate $3.50.
(sorry again-no pictures)
The pizza was meh. I felt ripped off, and that’s hard to do after we’d been paying Disney prices for a week at this point. $4.50 for a small square of pizza that reminded me of the school cafe pizza that you got when you were 8.
The Cream Puff….well the tiny piece that I tried was delish!

Back to Germany. DH wanted apple Strudel but I had seen the serving size of the one at the F&W booth and it was tiny for $2.75. So I suggested that he get one from Sommerfest. After we found Sommerfest….that’s an odd location/set-up isn’t it?....DH got their apple strudel (it was about 6 times the size of the other one for $3.59!) and said it was very good.

Does anyone know anything about this weird rock in China? It’s on the lagoon side of the pavilion and we just could not figure out what its importance was to China.

A quick stop in Norway to pick up a School Bread to-go for later $1.99.

We finished World Showcase in Mexico at La Cantina (the outside counter service restaurant). I ordered the Nachos ($8.25) without Beans. The CM let me know that my order would take a little longer because they had to make up an order special. Ah….no problem, I’m always for fresher food and I think it took about 1 minute longer to get my Nachos. I was surprised how good they were! Totally made up for the pizza. And at least when I was there, La Cantina was using nice black take-out containers, not those cheap white foam ones. I hope that was a permanent change.

Coming soon…..Future World, and evening plans for Day 8

Old 09-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #1190
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Glad Liam was able to nap in his stroller and you got to take a break. I love nachos. I'm putting Cantina on my list for August. Have you tried San Angel Inn?

How is the school bread?

You're so close to your trip. Are you going to do a short ptr or a tr?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #1191
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I always enjoy your updates Heidi!! I'm glad you were able to get Liam down for a nap and take a break yourself. I'm currently reading the Hidden Magic of Disney and I'm going to have to steal LL's idea and highlight some of the things I really really want to find on this next trip!!!

I will have to remember that trip about the strudel...and not buy it from the food stand but from Sommerfest!! YAY!! Thanks!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #1192
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Ahhh...World Showcase Meltdowns. That seems to be my meltdown spot!

Good thinking on the Strudel! Makes a lot of sense!
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #1193
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

I'm going to search for the 600 things book you mentioned! The first time we went to the World there was SO much to know, I really didn't have time to learn it all. This time around though I would love to catch all the fine details!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #1194
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Oh, I can so identify with your meltdown, having had one of those myself, and over the very same reason.

I'm so glad you got to enjoy the nachos in Mexcio. I really love them there, and I love the atmosphere over there as well. Lots of fun.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #1195
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I don't blame you for the meltdown. Epcot has that effect on people even when they aren't pregnant.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #1196
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 9 continues in Epcot at about 1pm in the afternoon.

Ok what day is it? Day 9) here and later when explaining your power walk...but the end says.....see down there? Day 8) again...just checking

Pictures of where the proposed Italy canal boat ride was to be.

Little side note here: if you fancy yourself a Disney geek I suggest reading a good behinds the scenes book within a couple weeks of your trip. Both DH and I read Realityland before the trip and we found ourselves looking for different thing that we had read about. It really adds to the experience if you like that sort of stuff. I have the 600 things about Disney book coming from Amazon this week. (Anyone know the correct title? Scrappie-Do is reading right now I believe).

I read about that in the book:

The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World Over 600 Secrets of the Magic Kingdom.....by Susan Veness (it's a paperback, blue w/ white cutout of the castle)

and it is a fun read I'm digging into DHS right now.

In the end it worked out….. doesn’t it always?
Liam napped in the stroller. I got to sit down for a much needed break. And DH got Strudel. But I’ll get back to the strudel in a second.

yes it does...but can you really make it through w/out one meltdown by someone or everyone...

Does anyone know anything about this weird rock in China? It’s on the lagoon side of the pavilion and we just could not figure out what its importance was to China.

sorry don't know...nothing in my book

Coming soon…..Future World, and evening plans for Day 8
Day confusion...asuuming a little typo...

as always a good update

Scrappie
Old 09-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #1197
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That is so neat about the proposed gondolier ride that never happened...I have been meaning to buy Realityland for ages!

I completely understand about meltdowns in World Showcase!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #1198
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Heidi!! First of all I have to say I can't believe how big your kids have gotten!! Liam looks like a baby in your TR photos and in real life he's turning into a big boy! The house is coming along nicely too.

Thanks for the shout out in America with a potential future mystery picture for me.

I also want to add that I think you did a great job of coming up with solutions on the fly that would help Liam cope with the overwhelming moments at Disney. Glow sticks, pen & paper... brialliant!

Good luck finding Danica's tea set when you go back.

I'm sad your TR is coming to an end, but hopefully you'll decide to share your upcoming trip with us too. I'm excited for you!!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #1199
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Glad Liam was able to nap in his stroller and you got to take a break. I love nachos. I'm putting Cantina on my list for August. Have you tried San Angel Inn?

How is the school bread?

You're so close to your trip. Are you going to do a short ptr or a tr?
Haven't eaten at San Angel Inn....I like Tex-Mex and that restaurant seems like it's more like real Mexican food.

At this point in the story I haven't eaten the school bread yet.

I'm thinking of doing a quick PTR just to share my touring plans and if I take enough pictures then I might do a TR....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I always enjoy your updates Heidi!! I'm glad you were able to get Liam down for a nap and take a break yourself. I'm currently reading the Hidden Magic of Disney and I'm going to have to steal LL's idea and highlight some of the things I really really want to find on this next trip!!!

I will have to remember that trip about the strudel...and not buy it from the food stand but from Sommerfest!! YAY!! Thanks!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
I want to open my ears more this coming trip to hear more of the details.

Go Strudel! Have it with a big glass of milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Ahhh...World Showcase Meltdowns. That seems to be my meltdown spot!

Good thinking on the Strudel! Makes a lot of sense!
I can picture a puddle of meltdown in WS from all of us!

I wasn't going to get the nachos at first because they were $8.50 but than I just realized that I spent $4.50 on a 3 inch square of frozen pizza, so then $8.50 on a big tray of nachos didn't seem so bad in comparsion! There's Fuzzy Disney Math for ya!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarilas View Post
I'm going to search for the 600 things book you mentioned! The first time we went to the World there was SO much to know, I really didn't have time to learn it all. This time around though I would love to catch all the fine details!
I'm only on page 19 of that book and I don't care for it. Two things were out of date more than a year before the book was published. And her reasonings for why some of her "secrets" were done by Disney is off. I would recommend Realityland....great history of the building of the MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, I can so identify with your meltdown, having had one of those myself, and over the very same reason.

I'm so glad you got to enjoy the nachos in Mexcio. I really love them there, and I love the atmosphere over there as well. Lots of fun.
Maybe we just aren't drinking enough booze in World Showcase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I don't blame you for the meltdown. Epcot has that effect on people even when they aren't pregnant.
See booze comment above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Day confusion...asuuming a little typo...

as always a good update

Scrappie
I fixed the day thing. This was Day 9 of 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That is so neat about the proposed gondolier ride that never happened...I have been meaning to buy Realityland for ages!

I completely understand about meltdowns in World Showcase!
Can you imagine what would have happened it Kim Possible was open then???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Heidi!! First of all I have to say I can't believe how big your kids have gotten!! Liam looks like a baby in your TR photos and in real life he's turning into a big boy! The house is coming along nicely too.

Thanks for the shout out in America with a potential future mystery picture for me.

I also want to add that I think you did a great job of coming up with solutions on the fly that would help Liam cope with the overwhelming moments at Disney. Glow sticks, pen & paper... brialliant!

Good luck finding Danica's tea set when you go back.

I'm sad your TR is coming to an end, but hopefully you'll decide to share your upcoming trip with us too. I'm excited for you!!
Thanks Amy! I really hope I take a lot of pictures in Disney with the next trip. I write like an accountant! and I don't want to put you all thru another TR like that. Plus I should be showing up in no less then 3 TRs from this up coming trip!
PS. I've been meaning to PM you and Julie about some issues that Liam has been having with anxiety...hopefully I'll get to that soon!

Next update coming up this afternoon!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #1200
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:

I'm only on page 19 of that book and I don't care for it. Two things were out of date more than a year before the book was published. And her reasonings for why some of her "secrets" were done by Disney is off. I would recommend Realityland....great history of the building of the MK
I went to Amazon and saw very similar responses. Dang it! I love the trivia and hidden secrets books most.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: