Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #826
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Guess who started writing again!

Thanks for sticking with me while I took a break from this TR...I hope to keep updating regularly. Here's a Quick re-cap of the vacation so far….

Day 1- I faint on the plane. We wait forever for our room at CBR. We end up being too tired to go anywhere that night and eat take-out from the food court.

Day 2- We explore Fort Wilderness Campground. Lunch at Pepper Market. Liam plays in at the kiddie pool at CBR and loves it. Liam has a bad experience at Chef Mickey’s. Disney outlet shopping was pretty much a waste of time.

Day 3- Magic Kingdom….remember this picture? Need I say more???

Great little lunch at CCH….Tuna sandwich rocks! I had a non-melting Dole Whip…YUM-O! Liam had an awesome first hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop. Dinner was Pecos Bill’s. And we found enough things to explore that we didn’t leave until 7pm when the park was closing.

Day 4 – DHS. Left Playhouse Disney show in the middle of it. Liam had a great time in the HISTA playground. Lunch at Pizza Planet. Toy Story Midway Mania….wicked cool! We had a popcorn snack…explored a bit more and returned to the resort mid-afternoon. We had a very nice dinner at Beaches and Cream…it’s so on the list for next time.

Day 5 – Tonga Toast for breakfast at the Kona Café. Morning sickness rears its ugly head in the car. I went shopping at DTD for most of the day. Then back to the kiddie pool at CBR for Liam. Then the dinner I’d like to forget at ‘Ohana’s.

Day 6 – Coming up soon.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #827
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I'll be here when you are ready. Thanks for the recap!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #828
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You know, Heidi, looking back over your recap, I have to say that while you had some pretty big bumps in the road, there were some pretty good memories in there as well!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #829
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I was just going to say the same thing!

A day with a toddler sure can be unpredictable...

Kathy
Old 05-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #830
KathyRN137

Arrow Heidi,

Forgot to say... Glad you're back to writing again!!

Kathy
Old 05-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #831
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

yay! Great to see you back. can't wait to hear the rest.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #832
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'll be here when you are ready. Thanks for the recap!
I have the pack and play next to the PC so just as Danica naps when Liam does, I should be able to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You know, Heidi, looking back over your recap, I have to say that while you had some pretty big bumps in the road, there were some pretty good memories in there as well!
We did have some good memories and there are a few more as the vacation goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I was just going to say the same thing!

A day with a toddler sure can be unpredictable...

Kathy
That is so the truth. Liam turned 2 yrs. old on May 10th and everyday you don't know how he is going to react to things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Forgot to say... Glad you're back to writing again!!

Kathy
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
yay! Great to see you back. can't wait to hear the rest.
I can't wait to remember the rest!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #833
MRYPPNS

Day 6 Friday October 31, 2008

The original plan for today was a 8am ADR for Tusker House at Animal Kingdom, stay at AK ‘til mid-afternoon, then go back to the room to relax and get into our Halloween costumes. Followed by Trick or Treating and dinner at DTD.

Well we followed half that plan. I just couldn’t bring myself to go to a park today. Not much was turning out how I had hoped with Liam and park touring and I just didn’t have the energy to deal with another situation like the night before at ‘Ohana’s. I have no notes from this day and only a handful of pictures. But I can tell you it was a good day. A relaxing day. I’ll do my best to piece it back together for you.

Since I have no receipts, I’m assuming we ate breakfast in the room. I know that I read my book and DH played on the computer. Liam took a proper nap on his bed.

We saw this on our way to lunch.

For lunch we went to the food court (Old Port Royale)….you know we were in lazy mode if we didn’t even bother to go “somewhere” for lunch. DH had the Turkey BLT ($7.49), I had the grilled chicken sandwich ($7.19) and Liam had the kid’s chicken nugget meal that comes in a sand pail ($5.99); we brought our drinks with us from the room. The food was good. If I remember correctly this is the meal at the food court that we had to move our seats….DH picked the worst table…up front by all the hustle and bustle (I think he picked it because it was near the first high chair that he saw.) Well some CM’s were doing a conga line or something with the kids and were making a lot of noise just as I got back with the food so I make us move…why chance it with Liam? I had learned to move Liam quick if I thought something was going to bother him. It worked and we enjoyed our lunch.

Then we headed to the kiddie pool. Liam was even braver this time and I even put him on the small water slide a bunch of times. When we were done there we went over to the main pool and DH took Liam into the water. The heater was broken and with how cold it had been that week the water was too cold even for us New Englanders so we didn’t stay there very long.

I popped into the gift shop again….I don’t remember if I was looking for something in particular or what but my receipt says that I came out with something called a “fab 5 pull out pc” for $2.00 and this cool glass case for $12.00…I still keep my sunglasses in it and use it everyday. I love the mickey graphic on it.

On the way back to the room we stopped at the pool bar. I got a non-alcholic Lava Smoothie ($4.29)

I have been craving these since I finished this one! It was YUM-O!

DH got a non-alcholic Orange Burst ($4.29); it was very good as well.

It was now about 2:15pm and we slowly made our way back to our room to get ready for Trick or Treating.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #834
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Sometimes a resort day is just what is needed. I think it sounds very relaxing! I love the sunglasses case -- too cute!!! I might have to add that to the souvenir list. Did the sand pail have any Disney graphics on it or is it just a regular sand pail?

Can't wait to see Liam in his Halloween costume!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #835
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Sometimes a resort day is just what is needed. I think it sounds very relaxing! I love the sunglasses case -- too cute!!! I might have to add that to the souvenir list. Did the sand pail have any Disney graphics on it or is it just a regular sand pail?

Can't wait to see Liam in his Halloween costume!
The sand pail is just a regular one and not all the kids meals get the pail.

I thought you might like the sunglass case

Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #836
KathyRN137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
We saw this on our way to lunch.

Uh-Oh! Daisy is going to be very upset that you posted that pic of her DBF!!!

Good call on moving seats at lunch!

Oh, I can't wait to see Liam in his costume!!!

Kathy
Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #837
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that even though you didn't go out it was still a good day. I swear that sometimes those down days by the pool are more necessary than anything else. When I was a kid we'd always have two when we went to Disney. Great time to decompress!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 05-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #838
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

an update from Heidi!!!!

Love the picture of the duck....

Sounds like a great lazy day at the resort...hopefully it's just what the "doctor" ordered and a calm morning and afternoon made for a fun Trick or Treat Night....

can't wait to see how the Super Slueths made out....
Old 05-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #839
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

What a great day! Sometimes non park days are truly the best.

Nothing like a little duck butt to get your day off to the right start.

I love the sunglass case you picked out, it is super cute. Sounds like you had a good lunch with some very cool slushy drinks after. I love a good slushy drink.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #840
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ahhhh...what a nice relaxing day! Our "down days" stand out as some of our favorites. Everyone is rested and you can adjust on the fly more easily to accomodate the needs of your toddler! That makes Momma happy, doesn't it?

I can't wait to see Liam in his costume!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: