Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #631
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Heidi, I'm so sorry about your dog! I'm glad to hear though that you got to be with her at the end.

I hope everyone is feeling better. Only good thing is that the week had to end at some point!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #632
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Oh, Heidi.

I am so sorry about your dog. Losing a pet just s-u-c-k-s. I cried when I read about it, I am so sorry. You were so good to her.

And all of you being sick! OY VEY!!! When you have a bad week, you really do it up big, you know what I'm saying? I'm hoping you are all on the mend and feeling better, and that you can get back into the swing of things soon.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #633
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Oh Heidi! What an awful series of events to deal with all at once!!!

I'm especially sorry about your dog - I know it's hard to lose a beloved pet.

I'm glad you are all feeling better this week - good to get all of that out of your systems before the baby though, right?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #634
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Wow, Heidi, when it rains it pours at your house!!

There really should be a rule that pregnant women are exempt from all other forms of discomfort, including stomach virus, for the duration of the pregnancy... that doesnt seem unfair, does it!

So sorry about Baily. I'm so glad you were able to be with him at the end, the way you had hoped. I don't even want to imagine the mess I'll be when Aimee eventually passes away....

Hugs to the family...

Kathy
Old 03-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #635
borgthe
DIS Veteran

Mryppns,

I just lost my doggie the same way. He had cancer that had spread, but we didn't know it was in his brain. He began losing his balance, then one night had about 5 grand mal seizures, one every half hour or so. Like you, we took him to the emergency vet and helped him die peacefully. I miss my baby so much but am happy he did not die alone and in pain.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #636
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, Heidi, I am so sorry about Bailey -- really, really, really sorry -- I was crying while I read your post.

I am glad you are feeling better as far as the sickness goes.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #637
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Just caught up and read your whole report.

Firstly so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. Its heartbreaking when you have to make that decision.

And you sound like you have had a terrible time recently. But CONGRATS on your baby girl! Not long now.

Really enjoying your report. Its funny the way you have to change things around when you travel with a little one. They really are quite inconsiderate aren't they??!!!!

Love the picture of him smiling at Beaches and Cream - such a cutie!

My DD wasn't too keen on many rides last time we took her and she really didn't like the characters either. She only posed with Aurora as she is her all time favourite. Noone else!

Can't wait to read more.
Lx
Old 03-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #638
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Heidi, I am so very sorry about all the things that have been happening with you. I am so glad the sickness is over in your home, I can't imagine you all getting sick like that, you poor thing, you probably haven't been resting.

I am so sorry to hear that about your furbaby, I am sure you gave her the best life possible .
Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #639
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Thank you everyone for your kind words and well wishes. The "sickness" has left our house, now we are trying to get back on schedule. My other dog Riley "discovered" Bailey's dog bed downstairs last night and he was majorly sniffing it because it's covered in her scent....I felt so bad for him....it must be confusing to him.
On a quick shopping note: Dollar Tree has a lot of little Disney things in stock right now, puzzles, jump ropes, frisbees. Great Easter basket stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgthe View Post
Mryppns,

I just lost my doggie the same way. He had cancer that had spread, but we didn't know it was in his brain. He began losing his balance, then one night had about 5 grand mal seizures, one every half hour or so. Like you, we took him to the emergency vet and helped him die peacefully. I miss my baby so much but am happy he did not die alone and in pain.
Hugs to you, and I'm sorry for the loss of your doggie. Seizures are horrible as there isn't much you can do but try to make them safe from other injuries. I don't know how people do it with human children....it's so scary. I was really lucky that I was able to adminster the liquid Valium because it gave me a window of calm with no seizures until my DH could get home. Bailey was 84 lbs. the day she died (down from 100lbs. the year prior) and I couldn't get her in the car by myself if I had wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Really enjoying your report. Its funny the way you have to change things around when you travel with a little one. They really are quite inconsiderate aren't they??!!!!
I laughed out loud with that last line! Thanks for joining us.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #640
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

This TR is in need of some serious good times and happiness!

When I got back from shopping I had just enough time to get Liam ready to go to the pool for an hour or so before we had to go to dinner at 'Ohana's.

This was our 2nd time at the kiddie pool and Liam was even more comfortable playing in the water this time around. He wanted to hang out in the back where the bigger kids were coming down one of the slides.

That little boy was trying to give Liam a hug (not push him down as it appears!)

And if I do say so myself....Liam was the best dressed at the pool! (and wearing swim diapers unlike some of the other children there)

Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #641
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Liam is just too adorable! He looks so happy in those pics!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #642
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love Liam's bathing trunks -- he is so cute playing in the water!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #644
redsox721
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
This TR is in need of some serious good times and happiness!

And if I do say so myself....Liam was the best dressed at the pool! (and wearing swim diapers unlike some of the other children there)
Liam is so cute. I have to say with the outfit, the hat, the blond hair and his facial expressions, he reminds me of my son when he was younger (he's 24 now)

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. I only occassionaly post but do lurk. I am a co-worker of LL's.

Hi LL
WDW (stays of 4 days and longer--to many short visits to list) 1982---offsite (me & my folks), 1994---Poly (first family visit), 1997---Poly, 1999---Poly, 2000---offsite, 2002---Poly, 2004---POR, 2006---Pop, 2007---Pop, 2008---offsite (quick visit after a wonderful cruise)
Disneyland May 2009 Candy Cane Inn

Me(54) DH(56) DS(28) DD(26) DSIL(27)
Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #645
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your dog Heidi.

Liam looks adorable at the pool!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: