Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #616
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Glad your shopping Day was a success...I really wish I had a whole 1/2 day to poke around and shop like you.

I'm sure my DH would be happy if the Adventurer's Club was resurected too.

Thanks for the (2nd) review of Cooke's...if we eat at MP we'll stick w/ EoS

Scrappie
Old 03-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #617
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Very neat DtD Halloween decorations! Wish I could have them for my house.

I can't wait to head back to Basin and stock up on more Mickey soap.

So sad that the Adventurer's Club is no more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #618
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Great pictures from Pleasure Island! I've never been and I've only seen a few dark night-time pictures before. It's much brighter than I expected! Not sure why... everything is bright & cheery at Disney.

I'm glad you had such a nice day shopping.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #619
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

This is such a great report. Not sure if Ihave posted before but I have been reading along. I appreciate all the great pics and details on pricing. We are taking our first trip in May and it is so helpful. Congrats on baby 2 and fingers crossed for a smooth delivery.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:05 AM   #620
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

That was a great installment Heidi! Loved the Halloween decorations.

Thanks for letting me know about where to find the car antenna toppers.

I have a question that maybe you can help me with. My oldest son's teacher is getting married while we're at Disney World. I'd like to get her something while we're there. Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is a special picture frame - I imagine they have ones with maybe a Mickey and Minnie in bridal ware? I'm not a shopper so I need help!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #621
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Thanks for the pictures of the T Rex restaurant. DH insists we saw it, but I don't think I've ever seen it really completed like that. Neat!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #622
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the second part of your shopping trip. I loved the Halloween decorations. I have never been on Pleasure Island. I need to take more time for DTD next time I go.

Me DH DD DS
Old 03-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #623
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
[SIZE="4"]My next stop (at least where I purchased something) was Basin. I usually go nuts in here…I’ve been known to spend $50 on soap. I had already decided to limit myself to one or two soaps.

I got the peppermint Mickey soap. ($5.05 with tax)

I need to make a stop at Basin this trip. I can't believe I've missed it all these trips. I'm a complete Lush addict, so it's right up my alley.

Quote:
I then went back to the Days of Christmas shop because they have the best selection of car antenna toppers. ($4.95 each)

Very cute! I've had to give up my antenna toppers. I actually lost my last car antenna because with the added weight of the topper (it was the Sorcer Mickey one) the wind caught hold one day and ripped my antenna off the car while I was on the highway. My new antenna is kind of fat and they don't fit on it.

Quote:
I did go to other stores this day, just didn’t buy anything from them. I popped into the Team Disney store because I wanted to get something for my godson…they had nothing there that I liked for him. But I did find every man at DTD in that store. There is a guy there that makes baseball bats as a demo. You should have seen the men crowded around watching this guy….it was really funny because there were NO women around at all. (hint hint Wings and 2excited!)
Noted in the trip planner for my trip!

Quote:
[I found it interesting that all the names of the clubs at Pleasure Island were removed in some way except the Adventure’s Club and the Comedy Warehouse…..maybe there is hope for them. I think the Adventure’s Club would be great as a dinner show. They would have to move location or expand next door but I’d love an adults only evening there. I also think that Disney should put in a kids club (daycare) in Downtown Disney….they could use parts of Disney Quest for that. OK enough day dreaming….here are the pictures.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. The only reason why I never went to either of them more often is because I didn't want to have to buy the whole night admission to all clubs. I'd always go as long as the open house was going on, and then leave when you needed to show your band. I always loved going there though.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #624
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Good stuff!!! Keep it coming!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #625
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I like your idea about the AC being a dinner show, and the day care at DTD. I was kinda surprised the AC just looked closed-not like it was going away ever...I have a hope in the back of my mind that they have just closed it during the refurb of DTD and this down economy and will re-open it when things pick back up, being it was more expensive for Disney to run with all the characters.

It's a hope! I would just love to try it sometime, I think Joe and I would love a date night there as well....with Henry in the DQ day care...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #626
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

just a little bump and hope everyone and everything is OK with your family & home.

Scrappie
Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #628
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Hi All-
Just wanted to give you an update as to why I've been MIA for the last 10 days or so. A week ago Monday as I was getting Liam and I ready to leave the house so I could go to my PT bookkeeping job when he threw up. I wisely decided to stay home with him. Good thing because he proceeded to puke most of the day. And he's too young to really get the concept of using a bucket or the toilet.....let's just say that I did a lot of laundry that night. He seemed to be on the mend Tuesday and we had a quiet day at the house. Little did I know that it was the quiet before the storm. With Liam nicely on the couch having a juice and watching PBS Spout, I let one of my dogs outside. Less than a minute later it looked like she was chewing something on the porch. In a split second I realized that she was having a seizure. This is my dog Bailey who has been living with a brain tumor for almost a year and a half. She had been on anti-seizure meds to control them but we knew that the seizures would return once the tumor grew bigger then what the meds could handle. Well it came back without much warning and worst than ever. She had a full blown grand mal seizure. Thankfully I was prepared for when this day would come. Once I got her in a safe position on the porch, I ran to the kitchen to get the emergency meds....basically liquid Valium in a plastic syringe. In order to avoid TMI let’s just say that I had on a rubber glove and it’s was a good thing that she had a docked tail. The meds worked within minutes….thank god because the last time this happened (over a year ago) the seizures went on for over a half hour. The next 3 hours went by pretty fast but basically DH came home from work (he works an hour away) and we took Bailey to the ER vet. We already knew what our plan had to be…..I had to say good-bye to my beautiful princess of a dog. I got her when she was 10 weeks old and that was 10 ½ years ago. A lifetime ago really. Before I bought my first house, before I was married, before I was a mom. My greatest fear for over the last year with her was that she would suffer from seizures alone or die alone. I didn’t let either happen. I held her and patted her as she went into her for-ever sleep.
I miss my Bailey-Dog.

That was Tuesday.
On Wednesday, DH went back to work, Liam was feeling better but now had diarrhea, and me and my other dog Riley mopped around the house missing Bailey. Here’s a funny story….you know that ones where you just need to laugh or you are going to cry! Liam got pretty bad diaper rash. So at one point in the day I let him hang out in his room with no diaper on for a few minutes to “air out”. Yup you guessed it….he pooped on the carpet. That was our day until 4pm when I threw up. DH left work early so he could help me with Liam since now I was sick. By 6pm I was in pain and on the phone with my OB Dr. He tells me to go lay down to see if the pain goes away. By 6:45 pm I’m getting sharp pains in my abdomen every 5 minutes or so. I decide that I’m going to err on the side of caution because I was only 33 weeks along and I’m going to the hospital so they can monitor the baby. Now wouldn’t you know that my parents were out of town. Liam is going to have to come to the hospital with us. I get myself ready to go while DH packs up some stuff for Liam. Yeah…..DH packed enough snacks for a week for Liam. I have no idea what he was thinking. We were going to the hospital a half hour away not to a 3 world country. In a nutshell this is what went down at the hospital: I called a girlfriend who meets us there so she could watch over Liam. Liam screamed the whole time unless his dad was holding him; they went to the waiting room. I asked DH to send in my friend to stay with me….he didn’t so I was alone. The baby was fine….great heartbeat, no distress. I throw up again and now they want to keep me overnight. I had four people in my room at one point trying to start my IV and draw blood. I have tiny veins. I don’t do needles….I don’t look at them and I don’t want to hear about them. At one point I had to politely tell the blood tech girl to shut up. The IV was in wrong and I made them take it out because it was so painful. At that point I’m battling not to pass out…..I can feel the fainting coming on and the blood tech girl is trying to grab my arm to draw blood! I wasn’t as nice to her this time. They all leave. The doctor comes back in and informs me that I can’t stay overnight if I refuse treatment. I bit my tongue. I wasn’t refusing treatment. I was refusing getting stuck with needles from nurses and techs that couldn’t find my veins all the while trying not to faint and have a panic attack. One of the nurses comes back and gives me a drink of Pepto-like stuff. I call my friend to come get me because by this point I have sent DH and Liam home. I doze for 10 minutes and feel much better. The pain is gone in my abdomen, now I’m “just” sick.
I get home at 11pm. Liam threw up in the car on the way home. DH is now sick too. Thank god Liam sleeps threw the night. DH and I threw up all night long. Nice. Thankfully we have 2 bathrooms.
We were sick all day Thursday. Friday we are feeling better which is good because I have to drive myself to the hospital to have my gall bladder ultra-sounded (because of the pain I was in Wednesday night). It’s fine by the way. On top of all that sickness and the dog dying; we’ve had issues come up with the remodeling of the house and the refinancing of the house that we weren’t planning on. By Monday life is getting back on track. I’ve been playing catch up this week from everything that didn’t get done last week.

And how was your week?????

Last edited by MRYPPNS; 03-25-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #629
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

OH MY GOODNESS!

I am so sorry about your Bailey Dog.

I'm glad you are all on the road to recovery, take it easy!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #630
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh my -- you've really been through the wringer. I'm so sorry about your sweet dog. I'm so glad you were with her in the end so she wasn't alone.

I hope you're all fully recovered soon!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: