Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #286
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Liam loves mangos so that's a good thing!!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #287
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Liam loves mangos so that's a good thing!!
They are going to get along wonderfully!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #288
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
They are going to get along wonderfully!
Just as long as she is a fruit.....he doesn't like veggies!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #289
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Congrats!!!! That is so very exciting....you must be thrilled. Are you feeling the baby move a lot? Just in the last two weeks mine had really increased her kicking and such.

I'm 23 weeks along and the baby is the size of a large mango!
So far, just a little fluttering for a couple of days last week. It's silly, but I was starting to get worried. I'm pretty sure I felt my son moving around a lot earlier. Then again, I've put on a little "padding" since then! No complaints...I think I'm just extra worried because the results from our "advanced maternal age" screening came back to be pretty scary...1:15 chance of chromosomal abnormalities, specifically Down Syndrome. I'm a special educator and would LOVE any baby we have, but I was a bit stressed because my older son has (high-functioning) Autism, so our plate is already pretty loaded! Anyway, our amnio reults came back negative for Down Syndrome and that's when we found out the gender. Woo hoo!

Hope you're feeling well and patiently awaiting your next update!

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #290
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hey - great report...mine too is on Day 2 and it seems like removing sand from my eye with a toothbrush would be easier than my luck with photobucket lately...do you use them? Your pics look awesome!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #291
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

thanks for the GPS and gas, tolls info

You think of everything I wrote it down it my "new" WDW adventure tip book.

J-
Old 01-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #292
MRYPPNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
Hey - great report...mine too is on Day 2 and it seems like removing sand from my eye with a toothbrush would be easier than my luck with photobucket lately...do you use them? Your pics look awesome!
Yes I use photobucket. One thing I have found with photobucket is if I do any editing to photos, I need to log out and then back in before I try to post anything to the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
thanks for the GPS and gas, tolls info

You think of everything I wrote it down it my "new" WDW adventure tip book.

J-
You're welcome!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #293
MRYPPNS

Day Three: Tuesday October 28, 2008

Before I go on with the details of our next day I want to give you my frame of mind at this point in the trip. Even with the disaster at Chef Mickey’s the night before I was still really thinking this was going to be a great vacation with Liam. He had done so well on the plane, was eating incredibly well (I had visions of him living off grapes and fish crackers for 10 days), and was sleeping great for naps and at night for the first two days. I scored us the perfect resort room and CBR itself was just lovely and calm. We had a very nice rental car and were getting around WDW property without much problem. The weather was cool, but sunny (no rain forecasted until the end of the trip.) I wasn’t all that concerned with Liam not liking furry characters…we might get him to warm up to them later but if not that was OK too. I was feeling good….not a lot of morning sickness and my cold was manageable. I was pleased with myself for already being able to be flexible and not push us too much to stick to the plan (like on the first night when we skipped the Boardwalk and dinner at Beaches and Cream and just got take-out from the food court). I was really looking for to some Disney Magic! We were ready for our first park visit to the Magic Kingdom.

The Plan: today MK was only open ‘til 7pm because there was a MNSSHP that night. We would see about a mid-day break as we went, because if Liam would sleep in the stroller for at least an hour we wouldn’t have to go back to the resort since it was such an early night. We would hit Fantasyland first thing in the morning, have lunch, get Liam his first hair cut at the Barber shop and explore Adventureland for the rest of the day (we would be back to MK later in the week to do the rest of the park).

When last I left you, DH and I had taken some meds to sleep better and our sleep was better then the night before….not great but at least I didn’t wake up every hour.

The day dawned early, actually we were up before dawn. Liam woke us up at 4:30am ! And he wasn’t going back to sleep. We laid around in bed for a while watching tv. At some point we got up and started getting ready for the day.

Here’s Liam playing with the dollar store toys that I brought with us.

We had breakfast in the room, bagels and cream cheese and juice for us. Fruit and English muffin for Liam. Today’s weather forecast was for it to be cold today….so no cute outfit for Liam….jeans and a sweatshirt.

We left the room at 8am….I wanted to be going thru the turnsiles at about 8:45 so we could see the rope drop show and then head straight for Dumbo.

We’re on our way to Mickey’s!

We were at the TTC parking lot in no time and parked right up front in the Minnie section.

The plan was to walk from the car to the monorail as taking the tram would be a waste of time and we would have to deal with folding up the stroller and all that.

Here’s some pictures from our little stroll from the parking lot to the monorail station.

I hadn’t been here since 1984!

We waited just a few minutes for a monorail to arrive.

Here’s Liam on the monorail…..happy kid!:

BLT construction:

I must say that the monorail windows are really clean first thing in the morning….too bad they don’t say that way!

We were at the security tables by 8:30am….that was super quick….maybe too quick. We managed to get thru security…me with the park bag and 10 zippers and DH with the stroller and the stuff underneath.

All is good at this point, but now we just have to wait in that crowd of people and we can’t really move around much. And then Liam lost it. I think what started his meltdown was a combo of things…a little boy just in front of us was crying, we weren’t moving anymore and now he had been up for 4 hours. (At home at that point he would take a nap about 5 hours after getting up in the morning.)

We tried everything to calm him down….nothing worked….
This is Liam for the next half hour:

The character train came and the Main Street people did their song and dance…..and Liam cried. And I knew in my gut that we were in for a much different vacation then I had planned.

The gates opened and we decided to take our time getting back to Dumbo. In trying to getting moving and away from people we went thru the left hand side tunnel. I never in my life have gone into the Magic Kingdom thru the left side….always the right side. In my trip note I wrote: left tunnel – curse?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #294
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, Heidi, I hope it wasn't a left tunnel curse!!!

On the bright side, the photos of your walk to the monorail were really pretty.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #296
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

So sorry Liam's morning wasn't going better! Hope it wasn't too much of an omen going to the left.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #297
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Oh no! I hope things get better for Lliam.......and YOU!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #299
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Thinking back, a cursed left tunnel would explain a lot of what happened on my last trip to the Magic Kingdom, too!

Hope your day gets better!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #300
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Wow, that is so funny. I mean, it's not funny ha ha. It's funny weird, because typically, I go to the left, and have a fantastic time. I must be the one weirdo.

I'm a little worried about how your trip is shaping up. I'm just hoping there's a good moment for you in here somewhere. I really, really feel your pain on dealing with a cranky out of sorts child having done it twice this past year, and just because you're in Disney doesn't make it better. As a matter of fact, sometimes, it's so much worse.

Hoping things look brighter!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: