Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #91
mhalpern
Mouseketeer

Yippee!! Count us in. We're (Me, DH, DD 9, DS 7) booked for June 13 - 20th. It was just too good a deal to pass up. We are staying at POFQ for the first time. This will be our 4th trip but the first time we are staying more than 4 days. I can't imagine being able to go to the parks more than once. Woohoo!! Also it will be my 45th birthday while we are there.

ADRs we are considering are:
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill or Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner package
Hoop Dee Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Maybe Nemo lunch package at Tusker House (although the food doesn't sound that appealing)
Not sure about MK - maybe Liberty Tree Tavern

Can't wait!
mhalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #92
Kblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
MOST defintely! Well, in my planning I am not. LOL! I keep thinking well I have time left and now I am like I have 5 months after the holidays! I have to get cracking. When we first got engaged I did a lot of planning but not alot when schoolw ent back and now I am out until January so after Christmas I hope to get our cake plans squared away. Where are you on the planning?!

I am about halfway through. Lol. I still have to find a florist and decide on a caterer. But I think that I am all good other than that. I just have to buy everything that I'm planning on having in the wedding. Lol. I have to go pick up my wedding dress! It got here like 3 months earlier than I thought that it would.

2007 Swan
2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2009 Port Orleans French Quarter - Honeymoon
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter with the in-laws
2013 All Star Music with my family
2014 All Star Music Anniversary Trip

Kblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #93
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblue View Post
I am about halfway through. Lol. I still have to find a florist and decide on a caterer. But I think that I am all good other than that. I just have to buy everything that I'm planning on having in the wedding. Lol. I have to go pick up my wedding dress! It got here like 3 months earlier than I thought that it would.
Thats awesome. We have to go talk to the florist and find a cake person! My dress has already came in also! What is your wedding date exactly?! Ours is June 6, 2009!
Old 12-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #94
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhalpern View Post
Yippee!! Count us in. We're (Me, DH, DD 9, DS 7) booked for June 13 - 20th. It was just too good a deal to pass up. We are staying at POFQ for the first time. This will be our 4th trip but the first time we are staying more than 4 days. I can't imagine being able to go to the parks more than once. Woohoo!! Also it will be my 45th birthday while we are there.

ADRs we are considering are:
Teppan Edo
Garden Grill or Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic dinner package
Hoop Dee Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Maybe Nemo lunch package at Tusker House (although the food doesn't sound that appealing)
Not sure about MK - maybe Liberty Tree Tavern

Can't wait!
Have you done Hoop Dee Doo or Mickeys Backyard BBQ before?! I am debating on doing one of these but I cant make up my mind?!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #95
Kblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thats awesome. We have to go talk to the florist and find a cake person! My dress has already came in also! What is your wedding date exactly?! Ours is June 6, 2009!

Our date is on June 6th too! What are your colors? Where are you planning on eating while you are there? Oh! And what is a Wishes cruise? How much does it normally cost? Sorry about all the questions. I think that I am having more fun planning the honeymoon than I am planning the wedding... Lol

2007 Swan

Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #96
dreajoyanne
Our Fairytale Beginning

Quote:
Our date is on June 6th too! What are your colors? Where are you planning on eating while you are there? Oh! And what is a Wishes cruise? How much does it normally cost? Sorry about all the questions. I think that I am having more fun planning the honeymoon than I am planning the wedding... Lol
Our date is June 6 too! And then off to WDW from the 8th to the 19!
2010 - POFQ - Celebration of my completion of J.D.!
2012 - POFQ - BABYMOON - our little bundle is due July
Planning our 2014 trip with baby Hugo!

dreajoyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #97
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW 3 June 6th Brides! We rock! LOL!
The wishes cruise is when you go out on a boat and then you can order food or a cake and then you watch the fireworks.
So far I booked Chef Mickeys since thats the one we can book. The other ones I want are:
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Drive Inn
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern
T-Rex

I am undecided on:
Yak & Yeti
Dinner Show or Cali Grill

How about you guys?!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #98
Kblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW 3 June 6th Brides! We rock! LOL!
The wishes cruise is when you go out on a boat and then you can order food or a cake and then you watch the fireworks.
So far I booked Chef Mickeys since thats the one we can book. The other ones I want are:
50's Prime Time
Sci-Fi Drive Inn
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern
T-Rex

I am undecided on:
Yak & Yeti
Dinner Show or Cali Grill

How about you guys?!
That cruise sounds pretty cool. I may have to talk to my DFi about it. Lol. I haven't booked any yet. I am planning on booking Chef Mickey's tomorrow. We are also planning on going to: Coral Reef, Sci-Fi, 'Ohana, Hollywood and Vine, and Tony's. I am ready to make all the reservations. But it is so hard to plan without park hours.

2007 Swan

Old 12-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #99
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That cruise sounds pretty cool. I may have to talk to my DFi about it. Lol. I haven't booked any yet. I am planning on booking Chef Mickey's tomorrow. We are also planning on going to: Coral Reef, Sci-Fi, 'Ohana, Hollywood and Vine, and Tony's. I am ready to make all the reservations. But it is so hard to plan without park hours.
I know I completely understand about the whole hours situation. I have mine based off of last years right now but everything will proubally be different. We will see. Are you on the dining plan also?!
Are you doing Ohana for breakfast or dinner?!
Also, my wedding colors are pink and brown. We are doing a candy buffet also as our favors. I am excited about that! Have you guys bought your plane tickets yet?! We are flying out of Nashville.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #100
Kblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know I completely understand about the whole hours situation. I have mine based off of last years right now but everything will proubally be different. We will see. Are you on the dining plan also?!
Are you doing Ohana for breakfast or dinner?!
Also, my wedding colors are pink and brown. We are doing a candy buffet also as our favors. I am excited about that! Have you guys bought your plane tickets yet?! We are flying out of Nashville.
We are on the dining plan. I love it. It makes it so much easier when you are paying for your meal. And I love the fact that I won't have to make a budget for our food.
We are going to Ohana for dinner. I love Ohana so much! I know this is kinda weird because it is supposed to be based on Hawaii, but the atmosphere reminds me where I grew up in Brazil.
We were going to do a candy buffet as our favors too and our colors were going to be pink and green. But we moved churches and the new church had red carpet. So we had to change it to black, white, and red. I know it is kinda unusual for a summer wedding but I am hoping I can pull it off. We are going to drive. I wish we could fly, but at least we won't have to worry about trying to fit our souveneirs into our suitcases.

2007 Swan

Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #101
dreajoyanne
Our Fairytale Beginning

Quote:
We are on the dining plan. I love it. It makes it so much easier when you are paying for your meal. And I love the fact that I won't have to make a budget for our food.
We are going to Ohana for dinner. I love Ohana so much! I know this is kinda weird because it is supposed to be based on Hawaii, but the atmosphere reminds me where I grew up in Brazil.
We were going to do a candy buffet as our favors too and our colors were going to be pink and green. But we moved churches and the new church had red carpet. So we had to change it to black, white, and red. I know it is kinda unusual for a summer wedding but I am hoping I can pull it off. We are going to drive. I wish we could fly, but at least we won't have to worry about trying to fit our souveneirs into our suitcases.
We are for sure doing the Dining Plan! We did it last year (when we got engaged at Disney) and really loved it!
So far I'm hoping to book the Coral Reef, Le Celier, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Chef de France, Boma, Sci-Fi, Tony's umm and O'Hana's..... I think that's it. I have to say one of my fav parts of Disney is the Dining!

As for our wedding, our colours are Ivory, Black and Gold. We aren't having that big of a wedding, about 120. Our favours are candles that say "And they lived Happily, Ever After" on them. I'm really excited, I feel like January is really when we can start doing more planning.

As for plane tickets, they were booked in July! But we fly out of Saskatoon and then into Toronto. It is really nice to only have one connecting flight.

How long are you ladies staying for? What resort?
2010 - POFQ - Celebration of my completion of J.D.!
2012 - POFQ - BABYMOON - our little bundle is due July
Planning our 2014 trip with baby Hugo!

dreajoyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #102
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

June stay

My first post...........

Hey all, this thread is BUSY!!

Good, this way I wont be alone in the world in June.....

Anyhow, Just booked the 4/3 deal for the 15-22 @ CSR due in part to Buz and that darn thread! This trip will be much funner as my kids are a bit older 12 & 16, last trip to WDW was in 2000 so we are all excited!!! Just too good of a deal to pass on, was planning a trip to US but passed when I found out about this deal.... Now the flight planning begins.....
MarkinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #103
mhalpern
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have you done Hoop Dee Doo or Mickeys Backyard BBQ before?! I am debating on doing one of these but I cant make up my mind?!
No I haven't done either one which is why I'm having trouble deciding.
mhalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #104
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

We are all updated once again! YAY!

I am trying to decided if I want to do one of the dinner shows I have never been to one and DFI has never been to Disney so it would be new to both of us?!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #105
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We've done the Hoop Dee Doo Review twice and enjoyed it both times. The food is good and the entertainment is funny in a very corny way. We haven't done Mickey's Backyard BBQ simply because I can't see doing a buffet outside. I would worry about bugs and creepy crawlers that time of year.

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: