Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #676
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

A Dream Fulfilled....

Flashback 1988~ I was 6 years old and my grandfather was showing me the castle.

"You can eat there you know" He whispered into my ear. "We just couldn't get reservations this time."

"It's ok," I smiled at him. "Maybe next time."

He smiled and we headed towards one of the lands.

My grandfather was always sad he could never take me to eat lunch in the castle. He could never get the ressie needed to get in there. He knew how greatful I was to be there with him, so the sadness didn't stay for long. We were planning a trip back when he passed away so it was a dream unfulfilled for the most part.

Flashforward to October 19, 2008~

I walk up to the counter at:

We were too early and asked to wait. So we did.

While we were waiting, a family of 12 approached and the CM told them they would have to wait and he was going off about paying for this lunch and how he was going to be sat when he liked. It turned out that this gentleman and his family were 20 minutes late and they have to wait for a table to become available. He really took it out on the CM, to the point where she was on the verge of tears. When it became our turn to check in, and we went up, got congratulated, and they gave us Magical wishes buttons. DF looked right at the sad CM and said "I have a suggestion. Can we have a dungeon dining room in the castle and send all gentlemen like that guy there?" This made the CM's laugh, and one of the CM's took us in to wait for Cinderella and brought us to the front of the line, as a thank you for the laugh.

I loved the windows

And her Halloween Pumpkins!

and the tapestries

but the mice came out all blury.... I loved them too!

We sat down and I met with the Chef. We determined what would be good for me, and then settled down to enjoy a dream fulfilled. Our CM, was incredible. She brought us over 2 magical memory certificates, 1 for DF's birthday and 1 for our engagement. She also brought us a sword and wand and wishing stars!

DF loved the menus!

We had a great seat, I could turn and see Dumbo!

I liked our centerpiece:

We settled in for the food! Then the princesses came out!!!!

First was Jasmine, who asked if we arrived by magic carpet.

Then Princess Aurora! (My favorite princess) We talked about the importance of sleep to a princess!

Then Snow White, who remembered us from the morning!

Then Belle, DF's favorite, we talked about books and the love of reading with your prince!

Then they came out and sang to DF and gave him a snowball!

Then came the wishing ceremony!

Then we left.... Thanking our Sweet CM and went back out into Fantasyland for our next new adventure. For me, at that moment. the Magic Kingdom was really the place where dreams come true!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/9hft8tdfov8uptww.png[/img]

My Pre-Trip Report- Pumpkins and Pirates
I'm Back!!!! Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys, Oh My!

I'm a LapuLapuette, are you? Find out Here Bring rum!!!!

I have been boo'd by If U Had Wings!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #677
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

That is so wonderful. One of these days I'm going to make it to eat at the castle. I don't care what the food tastes like I just want to eat there. Maybe I'll drag LL next Dec. for breakfast!

I'm so glad you had a magical experience there.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #678
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

A Very Merry Unbirthday.... Day 2 Part 4

Back out into the sunshine, we decided to go on the Tea Cups!!!!

It still is fun! And Now that we are much older than we were last time.... a lot more fast. We saw the Toontown enterance. This intreagued the man who never picked up the Disney books, so we went in to explore. We went to Minnie's House!

The Things to Do list had us laughing loudly!!!!!

DF loved it! He loved the Art room, and the Living room! But his favorite part was her garden.... we met some nice people from MA there and we took their picture and they took ours!

We wandered around for a bit and then decided to take a train to Main Street and explore! DF had never really explored Main Street and we had a little bit of time before we had to go back and get ready for Coral Reef. We enjoyed the sights from the train, although Tommorrowland was blocked by a big building, and reached the station just in time to see the Dreams Come True parade. So we watched it from the platform above!

Some Highlights:

Hidden Mickeys:

We wandered all up and down Main Street looking at windows and shopping in the Emporium and we stopped by Casey's and had a hotdog. We went to the other side and went shopping through there. We went to Crystal Arts, and that is where I saw them! We were looking over the glass work and I came across a beautiful set of toasting flutes with Cinderella and Prince Charming on them. I fell in love. We decided to wait, just to make sure we still loved them later. We finished our shopping, and we went back to the buses and went home to the Boardwalk where we found these!!!

Next: Do we make it to Coral Reef??? Can we get back to the Magic Kingdom before Closing?

Stay tuned!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #679
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
That is so wonderful. One of these days I'm going to make it to eat at the castle. I don't care what the food tastes like I just want to eat there. Maybe I'll drag LL next Dec. for breakfast!

I'm so glad you had a magical experience there.
Thanks....It was really special and DF knew how much that it meant to me.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #680
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
Back out into the sunshine, we decided to go on the Tea Cups!!!!
Tea cups after lunch??? You are a very brave couple. (With iron stomachs!)

Quote:

Every pic of the Boardwalk I see is just taunting me. Especially the redecorated rooms. The whole place just seems absolutely me.

I think I had better start buying lottery tickets.

The love birds are adorable!

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #681
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

And they had a feast...... Day 2 Part 5

We relaxed for a bit once we got home. I started to get ready. I had some really special stuff planned for that night!!!!

DF got ready and we were off again, and just missed the boat!! No time to wait, we walk and get to the gate and I hear an exploitive from behind me in a rather familiar voice.

"I forgot my key" DF said to me

"You are kidding?" I begged. "Please tell me you are joking!"

He wasn't joking. We needed to be there by 7:00 (to ensure the diver), but we couldn't get in without his ticket and so we headed back to the Boardwalk.... I was mad. Trying not to show it, but mad. But I knew that things could still happen. We decided to pay for a taxi, so while he got his ticket, David, the sweet doorman to our home, summoned a taxi for me and DF joined me and we were off....

6:55 p.m we pulled up to the Epcot and ran for the enterance. There is a line... my luck right? So we get through at 6:59 and race to the Coral Reef. We got there at 7:05 and I checked us in, explaining that Debbie should have had us down for 7 even though our reservation was for 8:30 p.m. I wasn't sure we were going to get the diver but we were going to have a good time regardless.

They brought us down and sat us RIGHT AT THE TANK!!!! I got the real menu, and DF got his special one. He sat there and stared at it and what I wrote to him and started to tear up... He got up and came over to give me a hug. Then we got to picture taking!

Our CM here knew everything that was going on and played along great. She asked to take our picture at one point..... This is what it looked like.

Yep... There is the diver in the background. The whole resturant went "Happy Birthday DF" and he thought it was the button until I alerted him to the sign behind him and his reaction... "That is sooooo cool! How did you do all this?" And I filled him in on how I conducted everything and that everyone knew except him.

His reaction was priceless...."Now what in Hockeysticks am I going to do for your birthday?"

He loved the fish and we even named them.....The pictures are a little blury so I won't post them.

We got drinks! I got lemonade with a glow Captian Hook and a Reef Runner and DF got a Blue-tini!

We ordered. He got Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque and a chicken dish, and I got the Pesto Rizzoto and Corn Chowder. The corn Chowder was amazing! In fact the whole meal was delicious.

But desert topped it all. I got the chocolate wave, which was heaven on a plate. DF got Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse which came with a little happy birthday chocolate wave and a candle!

We sang again!

He couldn't wait to eat the chocolate!

After dinner was over, we talked about what to do.... DF mentioned the Magic Kingdom's magic hours. We decided to go for it!

But before:

[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_SXGbg7-18KM/SQZIlIGr_**/AAAAAAAACzY/HTcmBNDgAxc/s576/DSCF1243.jpg[/IMG]

Up Next: Can we make it to the close of the Magic Kingdom?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #682
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you made it there in time. Isn't it always when you have something special planned that things go wrong?

It sounds like it was a beautiful evening! He's going to have to start being creative for your birthday now.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #683
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wowser! You are an updating fool!

What a perfect day! I can't wait to read more. I love the picture of you on the teacups, it is so cute.

Boardwalk looks so nice, someday I will get to stay there!

Quote:
Sounds good to me!! Get in the park before opening and breakfast with princesses and a DISer, what could be better?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #684
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
and I started to tear up. I had waited months to see it. All that anticipation and there it was all laid out in front of me. DF grinned a big grin and said, "this trip was worth everything just for that."
Good man.

Quote:
This is for Tink and TK and all the other Sparrow fanatics!

On behalf of myself and Tink, in the words of the lovely captain,

"Thanks very much."

Quote:
"I have a suggestion. Can we have a dungeon dining room in the castle and send all gentlemen like that guy there?" This made the CM's laugh, and one of the CM's took us in to wait for Cinderella and brought us to the front of the line, as a thank you for the laugh.
Okay, seriously? I love your DF right now. That was so sweet, making them feel better and laugh a little!

Hon, I love these updates. I really, really enjoy reading this. The two of you are like to kids in a candy store. This is just great to read, that spirit of childhood that lives in us all!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #685
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a busy and productive day at the Magic Kingdom!

The photopass pictures turned out great!

I tear up everytime I see the castle, too!

So glad that you were finally able to eat at the castle -- do the tables always have those carriage centerpieces, I wonder?

Your love bird towel animals are precious!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #686
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad you made it there in time. Isn't it always when you have something special planned that things go wrong?

It sounds like it was a beautiful evening! He's going to have to start being creative for your birthday now.
It was so frustrating!!!!!! But in the end I was glad it all went according to plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wowser! You are an updating fool!
Only when I don't want to work....

Quote:
What a perfect day! I can't wait to read more. I love the picture of you on the teacups, it is so cute.
Thanks... That is my dad's favorite picture!

Quote:
Boardwalk looks so nice, someday I will get to stay there!
I hope so....it was really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Good man.
I think that is one of the reasons why he wants to go back.

Quote:
On behalf of myself and Tink, in the words of the lovely captain,

"Thanks very much."
You're very welcome!

Quote:
Okay, seriously? I love your DF right now. That was so sweet, making them feel better and laugh a little!
That is his nature.... he tends to like to make everyone laugh.... I am just glad it was not a bad pun!

Quote:
Hon, I love these updates. I really, really enjoy reading this. The two of you are like to kids in a candy store. This is just great to read, that spirit of childhood that lives in us all!
Thanks. I love how we just threw away being adults for a week and just had fun. DF had never seen so much that it was so cool to show him stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a busy and productive day at the Magic Kingdom!
And we went BACK.....

Quote:
The photopass pictures turned out great!
DF raves about them to everyone. Honestly, when we go in 2010, we will do it again!

Quote:
So glad that you were finally able to eat at the castle -- do the tables always have those carriage centerpieces, I wonder?
The CM told us they were just for Halloween.

Quote:
Your love bird towel animals are precious!
Thank you!!! We thought so!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: