Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #646
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear more. Your Boardwalk pictures are gorgeous. There are too many resorts I want to stay at. All deluxe... go figure.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #647
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Great start!!! Can't wait to read more! Is that salt water taffy I spy on your turn down service??? We had chocolates from Africa for ours at AKL. I love that even the little details at Disney are themed!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #648
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love the Morroco light! I also love the one in the Boardwalk lobby.
I saw that light in Morroco and thought of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Okay, I'm just about all set to ditch my WL ressie. That room looks so beautiful!

I need to stay at Boardwalk!!!
Can you do a split stay? That way you can stay in both....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear more. Your Boardwalk pictures are gorgeous. There are too many resorts I want to stay at. All deluxe... go figure.
Boardwalk was awesome.... We are still trying to figure out where we want to stay in 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Great start!!! Can't wait to read more! Is that salt water taffy I spy on your turn down service??? We had chocolates from Africa for ours at AKL. I love that even the little details at Disney are themed!!!
That is... We got a postcard with quotes from bedtime stories from the turn of the century and some salt water taffy.... which I am still eating now...

I love the theming.....

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/9hft8tdfov8uptww.png[/img]

My Pre-Trip Report- Pumpkins and Pirates
I'm Back!!!! Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys, Oh My!

I'm a LapuLapuette, are you? Find out Here Bring rum!!!!

I have been boo'd by If U Had Wings!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #649
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
That is... We got a postcard with quotes from bedtime stories from the turn of the century and some salt water taffy.... which I am still eating now...

I love the theming.....

Soo cool. I have a bag of African chocolates at home too that I'm trying not to eat!! We got cards with african artwork and proverbs with the chocolates.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #650
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
Can you do a split stay? That way you can stay in both....
Sadly I'm already doing a split stay - WL and POP. Without a good code Boardwalk is sadly out of the question for a solo stay. (The basic AAA code is just not enough to cut it). I've been toying with the idea of renting points to stay there, but just not sure how I feel about having such a lack of control over my ressie. If I actually knew who I was renting from I might feel differently, but without that I don't know if I'll chance it.

I'll have to live vicariously through you. Those newly renovated rooms are just gorgeous.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #651
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sadly I'm already doing a split stay - WL and POP. Without a good code Boardwalk is sadly out of the question for a solo stay. (The basic AAA code is just not enough to cut it). I've been toying with the idea of renting points to stay there, but just not sure how I feel about having such a lack of control over my ressie. If I actually knew who I was renting from I might feel differently, but without that I don't know if I'll chance it.

I'll have to live vicariously through you. Those newly renovated rooms are just gorgeous.
You can't do a AAA code with a package can you?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 AM   #652
Sarilas
Ruled by the mouse.

Quote:
Yep, you can! AAA even has travel agents who'll do it all for you.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:45 AM   #653
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, but in order to get the package an AAA agent has to book it for you. You can book a room only on your own with an AAA discount, but if you want the AAA package you have to book through AAA.

I'm going without the package this time. I already have a 5 day pass, and to do a package with the split stay I'd have to buy 2 one day passes. Just doesn't seem worth it. I bought a gift card at World of Disney NYC last month, and the plan is to keep adding to it and use it for my food purchases. I started it with $50. Paydays (2 Xs a month) I add $20, and Fridays (part time job payday) I add $10. If I want to add more that's fine, but that's my minimum. Once I get to my budgeted amount I'm going to do the same thing for my spending/souvenier money. I figure with over a year to go I have plenty of time to have a nice amount on the cards before the trip. It's going to be my version of the dining plan.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #654
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but in order to get the package an AAA agent has to book it for you. You can book a room only on your own with an AAA discount, but if you want the AAA package you have to book through AAA.

I'm going without the package this time. I already have a 5 day pass, and to do a package with the split stay I'd have to buy 2 one day passes. Just doesn't seem worth it. I bought a gift card at World of Disney NYC last month, and the plan is to keep adding to it and use it for my food purchases. I started it with $50. Paydays (2 Xs a month) I add $20, and Fridays (part time job payday) I add $10. If I want to add more that's fine, but that's my minimum. Once I get to my budgeted amount I'm going to do the same thing for my spending/souvenier money. I figure with over a year to go I have plenty of time to have a nice amount on the cards before the trip. It's going to be my version of the dining plan.
That's what I thought about the packages.

I like the gift card idea. Does anyone know if the resturaunts take Disney Dollars?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #655
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I believe anywhere in Disney World takes the cards and dollars. There were practically no restrictions on the gift cards, so I would guess the dollars would work the same way.

I know Disneyland has lots of limitations on the gift cards. When I bought my card there was a whole list of places that don't take the card on there.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #656
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here -- now I need to go back and read.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #657
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Once Upon a time, there lived a young woman....... Day Two Morning....

On Saturday the phone rang early…. Like 6:45 early…. And DF held the phone to my ear and I could hear Stitch…. He was my hero, and got up first, leaving me to lie in bed and get a few minutes of extra sleep.

I got up and took a shower, got ready and then walked out to the balcony…. To this sight:

Yep folks, it was going to be beautiful day.

I grabbed my Sox hat and my bridal ears and we headed out for adventure!

We went and caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom... and took the Monorail to the Contemporary.

DF loves the monorail. In fact, he keeps saying to me, that he wants to stay at a resort on the monorail. As long as I get to go back in 2010 we can stay where he wants!

We got down to Chef Mickey’s, checked in, got congratulated and made our way to the table.

This is a good time to tell you… DF has been to Disney but never had the “Disney Experience”. A prime example of this is ….. He has never had any interaction with any characters at all. His parents just took them for the rides… he had never even seen the fireworks! So this was all new to him. He was very skeptical about characters before we left calling them babyish! I was going to change that!

We grabbed food and got our orange juice. The orange juice I had been DREAMING about. I love the orange juice at sit down restaurants in Florida. Nothing like fresh squeezed orange juice to start a day!

We sat down and were instantly visited by Goofy!!!!!

He signed the autograph book and gave me a hug and checked out the ring and then told Frank what a great job he did picking me out! This caused a laugh from DF and I knew he was cool with it!

Next up was Minnie, who wanted to pose with my DF.

And then the main man himself …. MICKEY….

We talked to him about the meal and Mickey mentioned he made it…. DF and him talking about it was too cute!

They brought over a cupcake for us after that, and we blew out the candles!

Then Pluto came over….

We missed Donald because we were so busy with Pluto…I knew we would see him later though so we headed out towards the Magic Kingdom…. Via monorail.

Then we saw it….. THE CASTLE!

We passed through bag check and there we were at the gates of the Magic Kingdom!

Up Next: Our reaction to the castle….. When is the best time to get a photopass photographer? What does DF suggest for the horror family from heck eat? And the meal of my dreams!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:02 PM   #659
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

LL, you always beat me to the comments.

The pictures came out great. I hope he had fun with the characters at breakfast!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:26 PM   #660
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The pictures came out great. I hope he had fun with the characters at breakfast!
He did have a blast with the characters..... However it was later that another character won the best interaction with DF award.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: