Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #2446
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

I finally worked out how to work photobucket!!! yay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #2447
Jajone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
Going to watch my son in their HS production of Grease in about 30 minutes! I'll sing along (under my breath) for you!
We wanted to go, but found out too late about it. What part does he have?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #2448
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We always asked for 1st floor, poolside, 60's and the last 2 years have gotten it. I like beng right next to the pool. We do alot of running in and out while swimming.
I'm so glad for people like you. I'd DIE if I ever got that room. Honestly, I would just hate it. It's so great that everyone likes different things. Whenever we go to a hotel that has poolside rooms, we're always like "Can you believe people pay MORE for these rooms?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Congrats! It's really cool to use and there's so much I haven't even found or figured out yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajone View Post
We wanted to go, but found out too late about it. What part does he have?
Just got back! He is just one of the guys - you know, Danny's "gang". No lead or anything, but he still had a lot of fun with it. And yes, it's the same son who's going to WDW with me, so hopefully you'll meet him sometime!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #2449
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I've been following this thread for a few days.. Thanks to everyone for the great info!!! We booked for a few days at the beginning of October. This will be our 1st stay at POP. We are really looking forward to it!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #2450
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Cost of Milk/OJ at Everything POP?

I posted this on the Resort Forum but then thought I should post this on here too, for all the POP experts!

Does anyone know what the approximate cost is for Milk or OJ by the gallon or half gallon at the Everything POP grocery section? We would like to have cereal for breakfast if it isn't too expensive to buy the milk there and I need to have OJ to take with my prenatal vitamins. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #2451
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
I posted this on the Resort Forum but then thought I should post this on here too, for all the POP experts!

Does anyone know what the approximate cost is for Milk or OJ by the gallon or half gallon at the Everything POP grocery section? We would like to have cereal for breakfast if it isn't too expensive to buy the milk there and I need to have OJ to take with my prenatal vitamins. Thanks for any help you can offer!
Ooooooooo that was me last year...taking the OJ with the prenatal vitamins...I was 6 months when I was there!!! We are now heading back in 7 days with the baby for his first trip! Many congratulations to you both!!!!..I was looking at photos last year of me and my bump..sometimes I miss having it! I dont remember the OJ being that expensive but what we did (we/I was naughty) was get breakfast at the mcdonalds right outside the resort some mornings...!!! They sold an awesome giant fresh OJ with hotcakes or mcmuffin..mmm no wonder I put on so much preggy weight!! but hey I was on vacation right? I also bought some bottles in minute maid fresh OJ from the shop and had it in ice in the ice bucket in the room and it was fine along with cereal tubs I bought out of Target that you just add milk to.
Have a wonderful vacation and just think ..next year you will be coming with baby for their first time...how exciting for you!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #2452
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
Oh, so, precious!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #2453
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
I'm so glad for people like you. I'd DIE if I ever got that room. Honestly, I would just hate it. It's so great that everyone likes different things. Whenever we go to a hotel that has poolside rooms, we're always like "Can you believe people pay MORE for these rooms?"
I agree. I'm so happy so many don't like those rooms, so it gives me a better chance at getting them!
That area has become home to us. But I may in the future go standard and ask for a 50's, 1st floor pooliside room and try that out as well.
Our first stay we were back by the lake in the 70's and I liked it, but it was a far walk to everything and it was chilly that trip so we had to make a md dash to the pool and back.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #2454
abc999
DIS Veteran

Quote:

According to the first page of this thread:

half gallons of cow's milk are available for purchase in the Food Court in fat free, 1%, and whole milk varieties; as of January 2008, the price was $2.99
Old 04-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #2455
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

I want to thank you for all of the info!

Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #2456
bronxite
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Last year, we stayed at Pop & had Garden Grocer deliver some milk, cereal & a case of bottled water to our room. We paid for a fridge & ate breakfast in. As much as I loved Pop, the food court was pure chaos in the morning, as that's the one meal everyone eats there.
Have a great time!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:26 AM   #2457
windthefrogg
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done online checkin at POP?

I was unable to do an effective search to find out reviews of it at POP. I was reading one trip report where they said that there wasn't a separate line for online check in, they just had the sign sitting there, but didn't separate things, which kind of negates the whole purpose. I'm hoping that is taken care of by the time I go because I'd like to use it.

Last edited by windthefrogg; 04-25-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #2458
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by windthefrogg View Post
Has anyone done online checkin at POP?

I was unable to do an effective search to find out reviews of it at POP. I was reading one trip report where they said that there wasn't a separate line for online check in, they just had the sign sitting there, but didn't separate things, which kind of negates the whole purpose. I'm hoping that is taken care of by the time I go because I'd like to use it.
Was that my trip report? LOL! Because I posted that same thing. I have heard others have gotten not a seperate line now. Not sure if it is constantly happening or not now though. I really don't think that it is really a whole lot faster.
At this point and time, I don't think it is for us.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #2459
Alesia
DIS Veteran

When We checked in on March 20th, there was a separate line. There wasn't anyone in it, though, so it was pretty easy to miss.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #2460
addicted2dizney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I agree. I'm so happy so many don't like those rooms, so it gives me a better chance at getting them!
That area has become home to us. But I may in the future go standard and ask for a 50's, 1st floor pooliside room and try that out as well.
Our first stay we were back by the lake in the 70's and I liked it, but it was a far walk to everything and it was chilly that trip so we had to make a md dash to the pool and back.
Hi! I really enjoy the pool room too! In September I stayed in the 50's building about two rooms off the stairs closest to the main building it was soooo quiet.
I stayed in ASMu last summer ground floor, pool view, it's what I requested and it was a NIGHTMARE ! So very very loud into the wee hours of the night.. I could not sleep. I was actually doing the happy dance the one night it poured rain on our vacation because all pool side activities were cancelled an no one swam late at night.

So after my long rant.. sorry! I do really enjoy the room's proximity to the pool but don't like the noise.. how was the noise level in the 50's buildings poolside? Do they blast music at that pool like they do at the 60's pool? No night time activities there right? Last few times I stayed in the 50's I was either on the back of the building or on the 4th floor during off season so I don't remember. Any help would be soooooo appreciated since this is where I would like to request my room for this summer. thanks!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: