Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #16
DaddyBrady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddsMom View Post
Just returned from the 10/12 Southwest Splendors tour. You'll want to pack long sleeve shirts, wind breakers and a jacket! Days were mostly warm...mayby 70 degrees at highest. It was 17 degrees one night in the canyon, so chilly evenings!
Wow! That's a pretty quick drop from the mid 80s/40s we had at the end of September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddsMom View Post
You'll have two of the BEST guides that ABD has to offer. Mike and Korey. Awesome energy, delightful, full of knowledge and always accommodating.
We broke 'em in on our trip. Actually, nobody realized until we were almost finished that it was their first tour together since they worked so well as a team. Korey said that he was angling for Costa Rica and Italy next year in addition to the Southwest, but I got the impression Mike would be back for this tour next year.

Do you still have "Rhinestone Cowboy" going through your head?

"A dream is a wish your heart makes."
Disneyland Resort | 1996, 2003, 2010 (VGC) and Disneyland Half Marathon (DLH), 2011
Disneyland Resort Paris | 2002
Walt Disney World | 2005, 2006 (SSR), 2007 (POFQ, VWL), 2009 (CSR, BCV, CBR), 2010 Princess and Wine & Dine Half Marathons (POR)
Adventures by Disney | 2008 (Southwest Splendors), 2009 (Sacred Valleys and Incan Cities)
Disney Cruise Line | 2011 (Disney Wonder, Alaska)

And Coming Up:
Walt Disney World | 2012 Princess Half Marathon (VWL)
Disney Cruise Line | 2012 (Disney Magic, Canada)
Disneyland
Resort | 2012 Disneyland Half Marathon (VGC)

DaddyBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBrady View Post
We had several people in our group in their 70s. They grouped people into boats roughly by what I'll call "ability to tolerate adventure." The more senior boat made a gentle float down the river, and I think other than some wet feet getting in and out of the boat, emerged dry. The "rapids" are gentle, and in most places the boat can be steered around them. But there is certainly the potential to get bounced around.

So I guess it would depend on your dad. The river and rapids change during the year depending on water volume seasonally, so you'll want to talk to your Adventure Guides.
The rafting is the #1 reason I am nervous about going on this trip. This post just made me feel a lot better! I can let DH go in the more adventurous group, while DD & I do more of a 'float.'

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
The rafting is the #1 reason I am nervous about going on this trip. This post just made me feel a lot better! I can let DH go in the more adventurous group, while DD & I do more of a 'float.'
This is one of the things ABD excels at. There is always an alternate version of an activity that you can do if the listed activity is too hard or just something you don't feel up to. The bus tour of Arches National park vs the hike to Delicate Arch is another example. On the Canadian Rockies tour, they have a Calistoga wagon you can ride if you're not up to horse-back riding. In Versailles, you can go for a walk if you're not into the bicycle ride.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #19
Aunt Cawa

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We did Southwest Spendors back in 2007. I don't swim so I was nervous about the rafting too. I mentioned that I didn't swim to our guide and he said not to worry about it. Sure enough, besides the life jackets which everyone is required to wear, I was in the boat with a guide. I swear she checked on me at least once every 5 minutes. There was really no need to worry. To feel better I would mention to a guide that you are nervous about the rafting. They want you to be safe and have fun!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #20
toribelle
Disney Dreaming

When we did the rafting trip in 2009 I barely got wet. I sat down inside the raft and didnt paddle because I was a little nervous about it all. I just wanted to experience it and it was fun. Next time I will probably paddle on the edge of the raft.
1st trip in 1978 stayed off property, 1994 - Disney Villas, 1995 - All Star Music ,1997 - POR, 1999 - All Star Music, 2000 - WL, 2002 - CBR, 2004 - AKL, 2005 - BC, 2006 - AKL & BC, 2007 - BC in May BCV in August POFQ in December 2008 - AKL. DCL 3 nt Wonder April Polynesian, DL September 2009, SS in April 09, SS and a DCL in August, ABD SW Splendors Sept 09, Yacht Club Nov 09
toribelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: