Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #646
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

... continued

More pictures of the parade!



I love the rosettes on the girl's dresses! They light up!



Oh & the Prince was really good, he looked at women in the crowd with the most sincere puppy eyes in the whole world. ALL of us girls were talking about it. HAHA.



































Then to commemorate the 4th of July they had these:



We loved the CMs costumes for these floats, totally cute!



After the parade, we walked into Bug'sland so their mom could see how nice it looks in there at night time. I swear, its so peaceful and relaxing there at night! We figured that there'd be a big rush to get out of the park to make it for the fireworks, so we kind of hung back a little. Then we moved out and the fireworks were underway.

Alex was crying, so we had to stop by the compass and wait for them to finish. After, we headed to the teacups again to calm her down (it worked). Then we decided to go on the Matterhorn at night because Eric didn't get to experience it yet. This time we went on the Fantasyland side and I really like the Tomorrowland side a lot better!









When we went to go meet up with their mom, Alex was sitting with her on a bench with her head completely hunched forward. She was knocked the HECK out. Good god was she tired because when we tried to wake her up, she did NOT want to wake up! HAHA. Eric decided to go back to the hotel with her and we stayed.

continued ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #647
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

... continued

We walked to Main Street and decided to go in the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough.

















We walked by Rancho Del Zocalo and went to the restroom.





Then we walked to Bat en Rouge because Yesenia really wanted to buy something from there. I ended up finding a small Scary Teddy and bought it! There were so many cool things in there and since Patrick & I are NBC fans we were totally gushing in there and the CM working in there was really happy about it and pointed stuff out to us. We even saw a jar with the different holiday doors on them. We thought it was so cool!

We really liked the jars that were propped up high.







Then we were ballsy and decided since its our last night, we're gonna do Splash.



Yesenia said she would sit in the front, but NO, she goes towards the back, so who gets stuck with the front?



by the way, I'm the only one who got wet, but luckily I took off my cardigan and put it in my bag. When we made it back to the end of the ride, the CM said, "do you guys wanna go again?" OH goodness. I would have said yes if it wasn't starting to get cold!

Then Patrick said, lets try to get on HM before it closes, so we ran over there and they were about to close the gate!! No way!!! So went in and NOOO one was in the elevator. Thats right, we got the WHOLE MANSION TO OURSELVES!!! NO WAY!?!?! !!

Look:



So, knowing that I was getting scared like the whole weekend, Brenda chickens out and lies to the CMs at the Doom Buggies "Please don't scare me, I have a heart condition."

LIAR. What a baby! HAHA. The girls were in one Doom Buggy and Patrick & I were in another. I was totally creeped out the whole time. NOTHING but EMPTY doom buggies all around us, then I notice a red light in a Doom Buggy two back from us. What is that? Oh crap, I'm starting to freak out when Patrick screams!! AHHHH !! We all scream! Goodness sake he's good at scaring us. I look closer and its a technician. I'm guessing he has to ride it every night to make sure everything was working right.

I was so happy that we got to ride HM all by ourselves! It was a great experience!

So then after, the girls said they wanted to shop on Main Street and I wanted to take photos, so Patrick came with me. He didn't mind me taking all the pics I wanted because he actually enjoys them! yay!

SO I took a bunch!

(I'll post higher res photos of these for the POTD thread)















They ran the carousel without anyone on it, it eerily amazing!




continued ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #648
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918







Just by chance, it was a full moon while we were there!











I had to wait like 20 minutes for this photo!! People kept walking up when they saw I had my camera all set up with my tripod and then this 13 year old girl with her camera was taking pictures all around herself while she was standing in my frame. GAH! MOVE!



Then we had to bid our dear Disneyland goodbye. So sad. We realized by then that we hadn't even eaten dinner at all. I knew I'd get hungry in the middle of the night, same with Patrick, so we went to Denny's with the girls at 1 AM! We ate so lazily. We were so tired! Then we slowly walked back to our hotel and knocked out!

We went to DTD the next day to get gifts, then headed on the road back home! It was a great and exhausting trip!

Now we have MTOTP to look forward to in October!

For all who read along with my TR, thank you for taking the time! This one was a long one!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #649
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

The jellyfish girl in the Pixar Play parade looks like cotton candy. That's what I think of, not jellyfish!

How freaking funny about her "heart condition". Soo funny! I would have been scared riding HM alone too.

I LOVED your TR! You need to take another trip soon!!!!
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #650
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
The jellyfish girl in the Pixar Play parade looks like cotton candy. That's what I think of, not jellyfish!

How freaking funny about her "heart condition". Soo funny! I would have been scared riding HM alone too.

I LOVED your TR! You need to take another trip soon!!!!
She does look like cotton candy! Its so flowy and beautiful (her costume). I loved it!

I know, how funny is Brenda about being scared on HM! I was pretty darn scared myself though. It was so creepy being there without a bunch of people around us.

My next trip is Halloween and I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to take more pictures than I did this last time!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #651
Sarah84
DIS Veteran
 
Sarah84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,422

Gorgeous photos, im so sad DEP won't be on when i'm there
where abouts is that wall with 'and they lived happily ever after' on, i want to make sure i get my pic by that
__________________
Sep 2005: Disney World & Bahamas Oct 2007: Mexico & Miami Dec 2008: Disneyland Paris
Sep 2009: Disneyland California/Las Vegas/San Diego/Hollywood -Engaged at DL
June 2010: New York Sep 2010: Cyprus Feb 2011: Las Vegas
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #652
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Gorgeous photos, im so sad DEP won't be on when i'm there
where abouts is that wall with 'and they lived happily ever after' on, i want to make sure i get my pic by that
Are they getting ride DEP? I wasn't aware of that.

The sign is in the Animation Building when you exit, if you haven't been in the animation building, you should really check it out. Its fantastic in there. I can't say enough about that place!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #653
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,744
DISboards Moderator

Jasmine, what incredible pictures, as always! You always have a way of making me itch to get back to DLR ASAP with your wonderful photos and descriptions! I was trying to save all my comments until I got to your last post, and now I am trying to remember what my comments were!!

1. First of all, I am so fixated now on all the fruit/vegetable/herb plants around Tomorrowland - more than I even realized - that I found myself looking in the background of all of your photos trying to identify the assorted TL trees! (They were too far away for me to tell!)

2. Thank the good Lord I don't have anyone in my party of people at DLR ever who needs to visit the PFF and wait in line for 45 minutes to (maybe or maybe not) meet the Princess we are waiting for! And all that with NO Belle at the end! Holy cow! I mean, if I were with someone who needed to do it, I would be a good sport and do it, but I would not be thrilled.

3. Now, as for Pixie Hollow - I never had ANY interest in going into Pixie Hollow for any reason. Much like the PFF, I have no interest in mingling with Pixies and Fairies (I really only like the furry characters!), but your photos of PH at night are so beautiful that I would love to visit it then to see all the pretty stuff, when there are no Fairies around! Last December, I walked past there at night and almost poked my head in but didn't because I don't think I thought it was open. Had I known how pretty it was, I would have gone in.

4. Love, love, LOVE all the pictures of you girls jumping up in the air! Great idea for a picture, Jasmine! Those photos are so joyful and happy - they really capture the essence of letting loose and being a kid at DLR! In fact, I hope you put one of those 'jumping up and down' photos in your signature here, AND put one over in the Spirit of DLR thread!! What I need to know is - did you all have to practice that jump a couple of times to make sure you were all off the ground at the same moment, or did it just work out that way? It looks well-rehearsed, because I can imagine one person easily being half a second behind in jumping up while the other 3 are hitting the ground!! It needs to be perfectly executed, and whoever took the photo needs to have perfect timing! Did everybody get it right on the first try?

5. I love A Bug's Land in general, mainly for the cute details. A Bug's Land at night during the holidays is especially nice.

6. In all my years of riding the Haunted Mansion since 1972, I have NEVER EVER seen it empty like it was when you guys went in! How weird! I always say that I would like to see DLR less crowded than it is, but never completely empty because it would seem weird and creepy to me to not see a single soul on any of the rides!

7. I want to try White Water Snacks eventually, but I know that during the winter, they don't give you the juicy strawberries with the chicken sandwich (or is it turkey?). I don't know what the side dish is during winter, but I would want the strawberries!!

I can't wait to see the Halloweentime pictures after you go in October - especially if I don't make it to the TOTP this year. But if I make my plan to be at DLR when you are there, maybe I will get IN one of the photos!!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #654
Sarah84
DIS Veteran
 
Sarah84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Are they getting ride DEP? I wasn't aware of that.

The sign is in the Animation Building when you exit, if you haven't been in the animation building, you should really check it out. Its fantastic in there. I can't say enough about that place!
Its not showing on the thursday or friday of my trip and im waiting for the sundays hours/entertainment schedule to be released, fingerscrossed it might be on then. But i think i read it's finishing on august 23rd

I havent been to DL at all yet, september is my first ever visit im so excited i'll be sure to check out the animation building
__________________
Sep 2005: Disney World & Bahamas Oct 2007: Mexico & Miami Dec 2008: Disneyland Paris
Sep 2009: Disneyland California/Las Vegas/San Diego/Hollywood -Engaged at DL
June 2010: New York Sep 2010: Cyprus Feb 2011: Las Vegas
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #655
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Its not showing on the thursday or friday of my trip and im waiting for the sundays hours/entertainment schedule to be released, fingerscrossed it might be on then. But i think i read it's finishing on august 23rd

I havent been to DL at all yet, september is my first ever visit im so excited i'll be sure to check out the animation building
oh goodness! ! Thats terribly exciting!! Well I hope that some of the things I've done on my TRs will give you an idea on some things to do there, because there really is a million things to do there! I hope you have a blast!!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:02 PM   #656
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Jasmine, what incredible pictures, as always! You always have a way of making me itch to get back to DLR ASAP with your wonderful photos and descriptions! I was trying to save all my comments until I got to your last post, and now I am trying to remember what my comments were!!

1. First of all, I am so fixated now on all the fruit/vegetable/herb plants around Tomorrowland - more than I even realized - that I found myself looking in the background of all of your photos trying to identify the assorted TL trees! (They were too far away for me to tell!)

2. Thank the good Lord I don't have anyone in my party of people at DLR ever who needs to visit the PFF and wait in line for 45 minutes to (maybe or maybe not) meet the Princess we are waiting for! And all that with NO Belle at the end! Holy cow! I mean, if I were with someone who needed to do it, I would be a good sport and do it, but I would not be thrilled.

3. Now, as for Pixie Hollow - I never had ANY interest in going into Pixie Hollow for any reason. Much like the PFF, I have no interest in mingling with Pixies and Fairies (I really only like the furry characters!), but your photos of PH at night are so beautiful that I would love to visit it then to see all the pretty stuff, when there are no Fairies around! Last December, I walked past there at night and almost poked my head in but didn't because I don't think I thought it was open. Had I known how pretty it was, I would have gone in.

4. Love, love, LOVE all the pictures of you girls jumping up in the air! Great idea for a picture, Jasmine! Those photos are so joyful and happy - they really capture the essence of letting loose and being a kid at DLR! In fact, I hope you put one of those 'jumping up and down' photos in your signature here, AND put one over in the Spirit of DLR thread!! What I need to know is - did you all have to practice that jump a couple of times to make sure you were all off the ground at the same moment, or did it just work out that way? It looks well-rehearsed, because I can imagine one person easily being half a second behind in jumping up while the other 3 are hitting the ground!! It needs to be perfectly executed, and whoever took the photo needs to have perfect timing! Did everybody get it right on the first try?

5. I love A Bug's Land in general, mainly for the cute details. A Bug's Land at night during the holidays is especially nice.

6. In all my years of riding the Haunted Mansion since 1972, I have NEVER EVER seen it empty like it was when you guys went in! How weird! I always say that I would like to see DLR less crowded than it is, but never completely empty because it would seem weird and creepy to me to not see a single soul on any of the rides!

7. I want to try White Water Snacks eventually, but I know that during the winter, they don't give you the juicy strawberries with the chicken sandwich (or is it turkey?). I don't know what the side dish is during winter, but I would want the strawberries!!

I can't wait to see the Halloweentime pictures after you go in October - especially if I don't make it to the TOTP this year. But if I make my plan to be at DLR when you are there, maybe I will get IN one of the photos!!!
Oh gosh, I know Sherry! My TR was a novel this time! HAHA. Thank you for the compliments on my TR, it makes me happy to do them because I reminisce on our trip and laugh about all the dorky stuff we do !

1. I know what you mean about all the vegetation in Tomorrowland. I was completely fixated we pulled some basil leaves from right outside of BLAB and just smelled them the whole time we were in line! They were so good to smell! Then we saw a bunch of grape vines going up to Autopia (so pretty). I also loved seeing all the rosemary in various spots, I LOVE rosemary! Its smells so great.

2. We kept on holding out to do PFF and it was a shorter line on 4th of JULY!! On monday it was ridiculous, but it was her first trip to DLR and she LOVES the princesses. It was kind of sad that she wasn't there because Alex wanted to tell her that she dressed up like Belle for halloween. It was kind of sad! I told her though that she was going to be around later (in F!, she LOVED the princess part!).

3. I agree with you 100% on not wanting to meet any of the fairies or the princesses. I've never really been a girly girl about seeing the pretty characters. In fact, I used to be TERRIFIED of characters until I was about 12. My parents chased me from the entrance ALL the way to Dumbo and had not caught up to me until I hit a dead end! I was that terrified ! The only real reason we went to Pixie Hollow is because of Patrick. He was really determined to go by there at night time to watch the water show (which I didn't even know about until he told me!). Then we saw people walking through and I wanted to see inside. The last time we tried to walk in there at night, it was closed off. I imagine its because they were working on getting all the lights and effects working for the water show because it does twinkle in the trees along with the music during the water shows that run every 15 minutes (they have 4 different ones). I now love it in there. Its gorgeous in there!

4. Thanks! I've done the jumping pictures before and after a while you kind of get used to preparing for it and you end up helping others time jumping. It does take a couple of tries though. I think for all the jumping pictures we took 2 each. I will post them on the spirit of DLR!

5. I love a Bug'sland at night during the holidays as well. I just like the brisk air and the cool colors! Its really fantastic.

6. Isn't that crazy!! Especially how creepy it looks with only us in there! Goodness it was scary !! I absolutely loved the opportunity though. So I guess if you wanna try it out, try to be there very close to midnight (or when they close) and be there right before they stop running the ride. It was definitely an experience worth remembering!

7. You should definitely try eating at WWS! I think the nachos are worth trying to !

If you end up in one of my pictures in my Halloween TR it will be so exciting ! We can take a million goofy pictures because we both love to do it!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #657
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,126

I love escaping to your thread and seeing your pictures and there were so many pictures that I would love as a background.
kaoden39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #658
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love escaping to your thread and seeing your pictures and there were so many pictures that I would love as a background.
Aww thanks Michele ! Oh & I saw your Johnny Depp picture as your avatar. OOOH so HOTT. Goodness sake is he SEXY.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #659
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Aww thanks Michele ! Oh & I saw your Johnny Depp picture as your avatar. OOOH so HOTT. Goodness sake is he SEXY.
Oh gosh have I got a picture to show you. My oldest daughter Kacy found this for me earlier.

kaoden39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #660
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh gosh have I got a picture to show you. My oldest daughter Kacy found this for me earlier.

oh goodness, kill me now haha!! He should be against the law because he's like a drug
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.