Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #631
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

I'm finally gonna add more!!!

... continued

After Drawn to Magic finished, the characters came down from the stage and gave everyone a meet and greet opportunity! BONUS!! People don’t know about this and I think it would be really beneficial for people to do because I NEVER see Mickey in his sorcerer’s outfit around the park except for F! So I was pretty stoked about that! Then we called the girls to see where they were because we were supposed to meet up with them & they wanted to get henna tattoos and thought their mom would get angry about it, so they wanted to get it done while she was resting HAHA.

They were showing them off to me while we sat across from Sunshine Plaza and I was laughing at them because I have a real tattoo and the henna stuff means nothing to me now haha.

Totally off subject, but here's what my tattoo looks like (and a couple of pics of the experience):

Since my tattoo is so big and there's were around the same spot, I was totally making fun of them for making a big thing out of them haha. We sat there for about 30 minutes before the parade started. The ground was pretty hot so we were a little bit sweaty. Luckily we got a spot in the shade though, so thats pretty cool.

Then the parade started and I went photo CRAZY. OMG, I LOOOOOVED the parade. I'm a BIG Pixar Fan and was going completely crazy when they started coming out!

And based on my sn here, you'll probably guess that I'm a big Monster's Inc. fan !

I LOVE the costumes for the dancers for Monster's, especially the girl on the far right with the scaley dress!!

This dancer was in front of me, but I LOVED her. She was so fun and went full on out!!

Then my best friend!!!

I LOOOVE this picture !! Look at him being so cool !

continued ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #632
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Your tattoo is beautiful. I have two myself. I would have got a kick out of how much of a kick they got out of the henna ones.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #633
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

continued ...

I cannot express how much I enjoyed this whole parade, look at their scooters!?!?!!!

Elastigirl or Mrs. Incredible was TOTALLY shaking her hips the whole time!!! HAHA.

I like the "POW!" on the back of their costumes!

I liked these guys because they were so funny with their mustaches! Oh & they were totally getting down to the music!

I like this picture! He's totally getting down with his spoon!

All us girls LOVED these costumes of the Jellyfish girls! SOOO cute! I was getting so many ideas for Halloween costumes!

These guys were swinging with their arms holding on to a band and they were so tall! It was crazy!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #634

continued ...

Then Slim showed up and I was sooo excited! His costume is SOOO cool!

I thought it was so cute that the CM in the bug costume was playing with the ball with him! SO cooool !

The girl's in the Buzz costumes are so cool!!

Mr. Potato Head was so short and funny looking when he walked!

Look at the guy swinging on that bar! CRAZY!! Oh & Hamm looks so cute!

How cute is slinkie!

And lastly, Mater!

Then we met up with Eric, his mom, and Alex by Taste Pilot's Grill and they had Jamba Juice on them. We totally drank some! We headed out of DCA and went to DL!

We walked all the way to IASW because Alex really wanted to go on it again!

Then we went to Fantasyland and went on Pinnochio and Snow White. That ride SOO freaks me out. I was sitting in the front by myself and Patrick & Abby were in the back laughing at how I kept sliding from right to left depending on where the evil queen was. She's soooo scary!

While we were on that, Eric went on the carousel with Alex!

Then Patrick really wanted to take a picture of him trying to get the sword out of the stone and I have to admit, this is the most creative one I've ever seen haha!

Then we went around to Frontierland and went on BTMRR! No LINE!!

More to come, I have to get ready for work!!!

continued ...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #635
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Meredith, I didn't like that either (the girl at the subway station), but I did like how Dumbledore showed up by the magic advertisement Overall though, I didn't like that they left out Firenze, the Death Eaters fighting in the castle, and NO FUNERAL FOR DUMBLEDORE?? Seriously? I did enjoy the whole situation with Ron and being under the spell of love potions and Harry drinking the liquid luck. Too funny!!
I never knew Harry could be so funny! I loooved it! "Well then by all means professor, come with me!" And I've always loved run. Gotta say, Draco Malfoy was really good in this movie. Very emotional.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #636
kaoden39
Hugs

I love all the colors in the Pixar parade. They are so vibrant and beautiful.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Your tattoo is beautiful. I have two myself. I would have got a kick out of how much of a kick they got out of the henna ones.
Thanks Michele It was too funny, really!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
I never knew Harry could be so funny! I loooved it! "Well then by all means professor, come with me!" And I've always loved run. Gotta say, Draco Malfoy was really good in this movie. Very emotional.
Oh I knowww!! I like it when the professor says "Harry?!" and he looks back at him and says "professor!" Oh gosh, I was cracking up! Malfoy was very good! I was really happy that they showed him truly confused and scared to do what he had to.

Quote:
I love all the colors in the Pixar parade. They are so vibrant and beautiful.
I love the colors too, I was so excited to see all the bright costumes and floats Really great!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #638

... continued

After that we saw a BUNCH of people sitting to watch F! already and it we had over an hour before it started! Geez! So we sat down and took turns again getting food and such. I ended up getting food over at the French Market (it was way to expensive for what I got, but I was getting tired of fried foods, so I needed something substantial in my stomach).

Before the food though, Eric, Patrick, and I went on HM. We all decided we'd get on our own doom buggies and I knew for sure one of the CMs was going to scare the crap out of me, so I stayed on the right side of the doom buggie staring at the left corner until I reached the endless hall. Right when I started to get comfortable, a CM came up to the buggie, shook it and gave an evil laugh. I screamed as loud as I could but by then I pretty much lost my voice so I sounded like a hoarse chain smoker yelling "SERIOUSLY?!?! AGAIN!!! GAHHH!!!" It was pretty funny! I swear, they were targeting me ALL weekend!

Everyone else got various things and as soon as they were done, Patrick swooped in on anyone else's leftovers and scarfed them down HAHA. Goodness sake that guy is a hoover when we're at DLR! Eric's family got a million glowsticks in a food trade their dad did for a guy that owns a diddams, so we brought 200 sticks fr the whole weekend. We used 100 on this night. People were SOO jealous haha !!

We were waiting around and making necklaces and such, then ended up giving some away to kids that were around us.

F! is always great ! Everyone except Eric, Patrick, Abby & I haven't seen it, so they really enjoyed it! Before it started the NOS band was on a float going from side to side on the Rivers of America playing music for about 15 minutes. They were so good! They had mics set up on the raft, so it played on the speakers for everyone to hear! It was a little sad that Maleficent didn't turn into the dragon, but it was alright! No biggie. Flotsam & Jestam were cool and it was just so good overall.

Then afterward, we were going to try to make it over to Fantasyland because Alex wanted to go on the teacups (again), but the fireworks were going to start and since Alex is really afraid of the fireworks, we had to duck out in a store (we went to Bat en Rouge). She was pretty much crying most of the time because you can really hear them anywhere in NOS, but we did our best. Then when we heard the finale I made sure we RAN to the train station because EVERYONE was going to try to get on it after the fireworks.

We totally made it! We got off at Toontown and went straight for the teacups.

Then afterward, we went to Autopia and the wait wasn't that long (about 20 min)! We just wanted to go on Autopia at night because its pretty nice at night.

After that we went on Buzz again!! No wait !

Then we went over to Pixie Hollow to wait for the water show we heard about (it was sooo beautiful !)

This is pond without the show:

This was during with all the colors!

continued ...
Old 07-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #639
kaoden39
Hugs

You know I just love your pictures. They are always so fun.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #640

Quote:
You know I just love your pictures. They are always so fun.
Thank you Michele !! I'm going to post away more right now!!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #641

... continued

Whew! Okay back to more of Sunday Night!

Afterward, we walked through Pixie Hollow and I took some pictures in there !!

I also got a shot of Astro Orbiters while over there!

Then I walked inside where all the rest of the group were taking pictures in there (my first time inside) and I absolutely LOVED how it looked at night time. It was so quiet and majestic. I loved the lights in there. It was gorgeous!

This is everyone else going crazy on taking pictures in pixie hollow!

Then Eric, his mom, and Alex decided to go back to the hotel to the night, but the rest of us stayed back and decided to hang around and do more stuff!

We went over to Snow White's wishing well because they'd never seen it before!

Then afterward, we walked through Fantasyland to the Matterhorn and the line looked pretty short, so of course we hopped in!! We ended up waiting about 15 minutes! Woo!! I love that ride at night, its so scary! So for all of our family members who know us, Patrick and I are obnoxious screamers and its completely HILARIOUS. Everyone who rides with us are usually cracking up the WHOLE time, especially when I start losing my voice because I end up sounding like Dory when she's trying to speak Orca HAHA !

Patrick LOVES to scream when we go through the water because everyone who is waiting in line sees us! He just loves attention and so do I HAHA (thats why we both did theater). Oh goodness it was so funny!

After that we went back through Fantasyland to Frontierland and got on Big Thunder! Again, LOTS AND LOTS of fun with no wait at all and we closed the ride down! It was only us and about 7 other people on the train. SO fun!!

After that, they let me take a couple of photos on the way out of the park.

Everyone sat on benches on Main Street while I took some pictures, then we strolled out of the park.

The girls really wanted to take pictures on the letters and I wanted to get a good shot of them at night before they won't be there anymore so I did !

We slowly walked back to the hotel and called it a night (some of us took showers at night so we could get a couple of extra minutes of sleep in the morning, and lord did we need it, especially Patrick & I!!).
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #642
kaoden39
Hugs

That is a great picture of the Astro Orbitor. I think the pictures of Pixie Hollow are so much prettier at night.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #643

Monday, Day 3 !

This morning, it was especially hard for me to get up in the morning, but luckily we didn't have to be up at a specific hour. We kind of took our times thi morning. We got up and headed to DL.

Patrick, the phantom!

I love the sign with the balloons on them ! So cute!

We took the train to Toontown and went straight to the Princess Fantasy Faire for Alex. Oh goodness there's already a line at 9:30 in the morning!! GAHHH!!! Oh goodness. We waited in line for 45 minutes! 45 minutes!?!?!?! Oh GOD. Alex was happy though to be seeing the princesses. I've never done this before and ALL she wanted to do was to take a picture with Belle and apparently they have 3 princesses in there at a time and they rotate them in so no one ever knows who they'll see for sure. Patrick wanted to take a picture with Belle too because he thinks she's HOT. He always calls her baby. HAHA.

Patrick & Eric took turns playing games on Eric's iphone.

We turned the corner, and it was not Belle. It was Ariel. Everyone took pictures with her and then I did, she looked at me and said, "I like your hair" and I looked at her and said, "I like your hair too."

Look at our hair!! SAME COLOR!

Then we went around the corner, and it was Jasmine.

Notice that Alex is getting brave now and is taking pictures on her own without people in the pictures with her.

Then I told Jasmine, "I'm Jasmine too" and she said, "oh we're twins!"

continued ...
Old 07-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #644

... continued

Then we went around again and it was Aurora. Unfortunately we already met Aurora the previous day, but oh well!

After that, we walked to Fantasyland for a ride that we've been on a million times. Wanna guess ?

OF course Patrick & I screamed HAHA.

Then we headed to the hub because we were thinking we'd go to DCA because there were a LOT of people at DL for some reason.

Then I had this REALLY great idea of doing a really cool picture:

This was SO fun!! I loved it! HAHA!

Then we went on the double decker bus to go to the front of the park with the CM Vern as our driver (I love him!). Eric sat with him at the driver seat and the rest of us went on top (they got churros!)

I started noticing that I had a pretty good vantage point of certain things and started using my photographer's eye to take some good photos.

We got off the bus and as we got off the band was playing music while Mickey dressed in his tux was dancing around the crowd. They are so great!

We went over to DCA and went straight to Paradise Pier.

.. but not before this photo !

We went on TSMM and then to Mickey's Funwheel! Yesenia, their mom, and Alex did not go on. We waited about 30 minutes and everything was fine until we started swinging. Good lord was that funny! Brenda was FREAKING out the WHOLE TIME!! It was the funniest thing in the whole world! Goodness sake was that hilarious!

After that, Brenda, Yesenia, and I went on the Maliboomer! I love that ride, it cracks me up every time, I can't do anything but laugh when I'm on that!

continued...
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #645

Then we walked around towards GCH.

We ended up going to Soarin again because Alex was starting to like it!

After we were all kind of tired & hungry so we went to White Water Snacks again. MMM so good! I love it there!!

This time I got a veggie burger (mmmmm SOOO good!!)

We were all eating in silence = we were realllllly exhausted.

After eating, we walked back into DCA and walked out of the park to the hotel to rest. When we got there Patrick, Eric, and I knocked the HECK OUT. Patrick & I seriously needed it. I think we were out for about 3 hours. By the time we got up, it was around 6:30. Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby weren't tired, so they went back to the parks. We met up with them at DCA.

We decided to go on ToT, but not before taking this photo:

Then we went to Monster's Inc!

Then we went to Bug'sland.

Eric, his mom, and Alex went in while the rest of us went to go watch Its Tough to be a Bug! I LOOOVE it now !! Its so cute. Brenda TOTALLY freaked out because she's afraid of spiders and she was digging her nails into my arm while she closed her eyes. Oh gosh I totally gave her crap about that! It was so funny!

When we got inside the tunnel, Patrick and I slowed down a bit and let the girls move forward more, right when it started to get quiet Patrick yelled and the girls screamed! HAHA. They are so easily scared. When we got our bug eyes the CM there waited for us to pass and yelled out and scared Patrick & I, then looked at the girls and said "Got 'em back for ya!" HAHA. So good!

Afterward we saw people sitting out to watch the Electrical Parade (the reason we came back to DCA), so we decided to sit as well. We sat by the Bug'sland entrance. We pulled out the glowsticks again and went to town! We did give some away to little kids sitting by us though.

It started to get dark and we took turns getting up and looking around (especially at the funwheel at night, SO beautiful!). Yesenia got a funnel cake and split it with Alex, then we heard the music faintly start to play! Its coming our way!

Then it got pretty dark, and it officially came around the corner! (Oh btw, some of these are from my camera and some are from Brenda's)

continued ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: