Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #616
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
It's hard when they make movies from books, isn't it? I liked it but I am definitely left scratching my head at how they can leave out as much as they left out and expect for everything in the two Deathly Hallows movies to make any sense at all.
I KNOW. I guess I'm partly satisfied because of how long we had to wait for this film, but they left out SO much information that needed to be in it, not to mention some really great parts of the story that I would have loved to see translated on screen. BLEH. We'll see what happens with the last two though, right?
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #617
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,129

Well, I was kind of disappointed too. They left out some very important stuff. I think that they missed the boat with not showing Voldemort's mothers family. That went a long way towards explaining why he is the way he is.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #618
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I KNOW. I guess I'm partly satisfied because of how long we had to wait for this film, but they left out SO much information that needed to be in it, not to mention some really great parts of the story that I would have loved to see translated on screen. BLEH. We'll see what happens with the last two though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Well, I was kind of disappointed too. They left out some very important stuff. I think that they missed the boat with not showing Voldemort's mothers family. That went a long way towards explaining why he is the way he is.
I will admit that most of it I can let slide because the cinematography and effects were great. As fasr as Dumbledore's other memories (the Gaunts, the other possible horcruxes, etc.) I can only hope that the reason they left them out of this one was to set up the next two films during the film. Why repeat information over and over? I'm sure they can write stuff in since they've changed so much already. Maybe add those extra memories to what he left behind in his will? Not so sure how they can re-write Harry seeing the diadem in the ROR though. And the whole "I am the half-blood Prince"part annoyed me too. It was just like, oh yeah, we forgot to add this in. I wanted more.

The only thing that really, really makes me angry is leaving out the funeral. How, how, how do they justify that? I don't buy the "everyone knew it was coming" excuse. Again, unless they add it to the first part of Deathly Hallows in place of the wedding (although they did cast a Bill Weasly and Fleur is returning).

I just don't know. Grr. I'm thinking about going to go see it again this morning after re-reading both HBP and DH.

I know it's got to be hard translatting a book that big to a movie, but I really didn't need all of the corny love stuff, even though it was funny at times. They could have easily put in either more about the HBP (seeing aas the name of the movie is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and not Harry Potter and the Raging Hormones) or about the horcruxes.
__________________


wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #619
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,129

Now, one of the things I said to my kids on the way home was how much I think they missed the boat not having Bill and Fleur. That was a great part of the book.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #620
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Its funny that the both of you say what you missed out on because mine is a little different. I wanted there to be more of a fight in the castle when the Death Eaters show up because there was more in the book! When I watched the movie I was like "they're just walking out?"

OH & I was soo upset that Firenze wasn't even in it.

OH OH OH & YES, I agree about the funeral. They really needed the funeral in the movie. When I read the book I cried. It really need to be in there, but oh well. The movie was done. What can we do ?
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #621
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Now, one of the things I said to my kids on the way home was how much I think they missed the boat not having Bill and Fleur. That was a great part of the book.
They for sure will be in DH - they have already filmed the Shell Cottage footage, so we at least know that. It's just a question of will the big event at the start be a wedding or a funeral? I honestly don't like Fleur (especially how they protrayed her in GOF) so I didn't mind that they left it out although it would be nice to see Bill and Charlie, the missing Weasleys. And Percy will be back for DH as well!
__________________


wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #622
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran
 
Belle Ella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 12,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Its funny that the both of you say what you missed out on because mine is a little different. I wanted there to be more of a fight in the castle when the Death Eaters show up because there was more in the book! When I watched the movie I was like "they're just walking out?"

OH & I was soo upset that Firenze wasn't even in it.

OH OH OH & YES, I agree about the funeral. They really needed the funeral in the movie. When I read the book I cried. It really need to be in there, but oh well. The movie was done. What can we do ?
Yeah, that was weird too. Otherwise why even get them inside if the first place, right? Also how Dumbledore didn't freeze Harry at the Astronomy tower. He was just expected to stand there and do nothing? Then again it showed his trust that S was still on their side and emphasized the betrayal I guess. But it was still wierd. I would not have just stood there.
__________________


wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #623
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Oh NO WAY?!? I'm doing day TWO of the big 4th of July TR!! WOO!

Sunday!

Okay, so we're all pretty tired, but we're up and ready to go in the morning because who wouldn't be ready for more DLR!?!



Patrick & I left a little bit early because we wanted to make sure that we were there when the ticket booths open so we can get his blackout ticket. For some odd reason the computer was running kind of slow. We both didn't mind because the rest of them didn't make it to the bag check yet and we were joking around anyway. The CM was super nice and said she would give us vouchers for the park because we had to wait an extra 10 minutes for everything to go through. SWEEET. So she gave us two ride vouchers up to 4 people for any ride/attraction except TSMM. COOL. We'll use it later!

We all entered the park and went to the right (for some reason we always go that way, IDK why). We went to Adventureland and went to Indie since we didn't get on it yesterday. 15 minutes?!!? YES.















After that we went on Jungle Cruise (walk on !)







After that, we walked to NOS and went on HM. Walk on, AGAIN! Sweeet. This time I road with Brenda and as soon as the doom buggy was heading its way towards the man in his suit of armor a CM came over and scared us ! AAAHHHH!!! We both screamed like girls. I was SOO scared HAHA. I think they saw us and knew we'd freak out. For the record, I scare VERY easily and I scream very easily as well. So whenever anyone wants to go to a scary movie, they invite me and sit next to me because I make it more intense.

Afterward, we figured, hey we should just get on Splash right now. We'll dry off throughout the day. So we did!









Unfortunately no ride shot because we gave our bags to Eric's mom so it wouldn't get wet. That was walk on as well! Goodness sake, where is everyone?

Afterward we went on Winnie the Pooh (which is slowly becoming one of my favorite rides!)



Then we went into Pooh's Corner (OF COURSE). Today I got tiger butter!

Its so good, its EPIC. HAHA.



Then we headed back to NOS and went to the Train Station. When we were there last, these were not in bloom, but look how beautiful they are!









continued...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #624
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

...continued

We went straight to Tomorrowland because we wanted to hit Space Mountain before the crowds started coming in.



20 minutes?!?! SWEEEET!





Here's a pic of the voucher !


















Afterward, we went to Buzz and this time Alex wanted to ride with me ! Usually I pair up with one of the boys and see who wants to try and beat me because I usually dominate HAHA! So, this time I spent a bulk of the ride showing Alex the places she should hit for and asking her if she was having fun so I wasn't on my "A" game, so the guys didn't take my score too seriously!











So then afterward, we decided to get out of DL and head over to DCA so we can see if we can make it to the Aladdin show at 11:45 (I think thats what time its at). So we went to the Tomorrowland Train Station and saw these beautiful peppers!



Aren't they beautiful? I didn't realize they grow up that way. So nice!

On the way there we saw Aurora !





Then we went to wait to see the show!





Oh goodness, the girls loved it! All of them had never seen it before, so it was a total treat when they did.

Then we headed towards Condor Flats and got FPs for Soarin', because we really wanted Eric's mom to see it. After we got those, we headed over to GCH to eat at White Water Snacks (for the first time EEEEK!!!)

continued...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #625
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,916
DISboards Moderator

Woo hoo! More trip report! I was literally just about to take a nap - the heat over here is getting to me, and it is humid on top of it - but I checked my e-mail alerts and saw you had posted another installment of the TR so I had to log on here before I snooze! Your pictures are getting me anxious to get to DLR in 2 days - even just for a short time. It's weird because now I feel like I can't possibly imagine being at DLR when it is not SOME kind of holiday season, but I have to remind myself that the DL I grew up with was the summertime DL and I had fun then too!

Anyway, I am anxious to hear the Jasmine rundown of White Water Snacks. Everyone says it's so good, and I have toyed with trying it eventually, so I am curious to know what you thought of it and what you ordered.

Oh - and I love the pictures of the plants/flowers/peppers. Gotta love those edible plants in TL! There are always ones I didn't know existed that pop up out of nowhere.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #626
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

... continued

I didn't even know what to expect when I got there, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how cozy and cool it is in there. We were all kind of tired, so it was really nice just to be able to chill out and eat.



I got the French Dip and Patrick got a Chili Dog. I didn't get a pic of everyone's food because I was pretty tired. We got a couple of order of the nachos (DELICOUS), Eric got the chicken sandwich with avocado in it (MMM), and I think the girls also got burgers (only 2 of them).













Then afterward, we headed back to DCA and it was perfect because the time for our FPs were up! Yay we went on Soarin'! Eric's mom liked the scenery but it was freaking her out the whole time because she felt like she was falling. I sat with Alex, and she liked everything except the fireworks in the end.

Then we decided we'd go over to the Animation Building and do another drawing, but on the way there, we saw Stitch (Eric's fave, but I think he's a scary short weirdo).







When he saw Patrick, he was in the mood to dance. I'm guessing he knew what Patrick's shirt was about because its a dance crew shirt.















In the Animation Academy we learned how to draw Winnie the Pooh. I had already drawn Pooh with Kaycee on our LA trip, but I'm always down to drawing characters. After that we went to ToT.





While we were on the ride, the rest waited at the exit and saw Elastigirl/Mrs. Incredible!





Eric's mom was getting a little tired by then and so was Eric, so everyone else went back to the hotel except Patrick & I. Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby said they were just going to get changed and freshen up real quick and meet us back at the parks.

continue ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #627
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

... continued

So Patrick & I decided to go over to the Animation Building again. This time we waited to see what was next for drawing (Minnie!!). So we walked over to the Sorceror's Workshop to have some fun before the next drawing session.

He totally shoved himself into the picture last minute! HAHA.


Then we drew Minnie, and then sat for about 15 minutes, sang with the music and watched the big screen (oh did I mention we're kind of singers?)

Then we left and decided to go on Monster's. This time we paid attention to a bunch of the small things in the ride (like the fact that almost ALL the sushi in HarryHausen's is eyeballs!



Then on the way out we noticed CMs walking with boards and mic's and noticed them heading towards the stage. It was Drawn to Magic!! We wanted to watch Pixar's Play Parade, but noticed we still had a little time, so we sat and watched the show. We're never over there, so we didn't even know what to expect. It was SO cute. It was about 15 minutes and they were singing and talking. Goodness sake could they sing. Both Patrick & I loved it. We kept talking about how we'd love to be performers at DLR (we both did plays, musicals, and choir). The guy in the hat riffed SOOO well. I got chills.
Then towards the end of the show, the characters they showed off, came on stage!!











There was only about 20 people in the crowd. How could people not want to see this! Now I want to go watch AGAIN!!!

Okay, so now I have to go get ready for work. So I'll have to finish up later.

continued ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM   #628
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

More pictures!! I really like the one of Patrick and Stitch. Super neat. And his chili dog looks delish! I always want to go to WWS and we always forget.

So, I haven't read any of the HP books, but by seeing HBP, I could tell so much was missing. I was like, what the heck? How are those Death Eaters just going to walk out and nobody is going to go kick their butts? What about Snape being the Half Blood Prince? I need MORE INFO! So because of that, I will be reading all 7 books and will be totally up to date by the time Deathly Hallows comes out. YES! I still need to finish the dang Twilight books too. Oy.
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #629
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran
 
merrrydeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,001

So I saw HBP yesterday. I've decided that I wasn't mad at the changes, it didn't make me too upset, but it did make me feel really uncomfortable. Like when something was added, it just felt really weird watching. The girl in the beginning for example...whatt? So unnecessary. Overall I thought it was really funny and it was nice that this was more of a comic relief movie since the next two are probably going to be quite a bit darker.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #630
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Courtney, I will add more I promise! Oh, and YES they left out a huge amount of the book out of the film, but I was kind of already expecting it so I wasn't too ridiculously disappointed.

Meredith, I didn't like that either (the girl at the subway station), but I did like how Dumbledore showed up by the magic advertisement Overall though, I didn't like that they left out Firenze, the Death Eaters fighting in the castle, and NO FUNERAL FOR DUMBLEDORE?? Seriously? I did enjoy the whole situation with Ron and being under the spell of love potions and Harry drinking the liquid luck. Too funny!!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.