Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #601
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

ALL the cousins - Kaycee and Patrick too? That is a big group going to the movies!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #602
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Maybe we'll forgive you, maybe not But have fun seeing Harry Potter! Dre and I saw it last night at midnight and I was definitely not dissapointed!!
I am taking my kids this morning.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #603
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Maybe we'll forgive you, maybe not But have fun seeing Harry Potter! Dre and I saw it last night at midnight and I was definitely not dissapointed!!
SWEET! I'm so excited I'm totally wearing my Gryffindor tie, shirt, and button (possibly my scarf if it doesn't get to 100 degrees today like it says on tv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
ALL the cousins - Kaycee and Patrick too? That is a big group going to the movies!
No, actually everyone except Kaycee. She's not here in California. BOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I am taking my kids this morning.
Have fun !! I hope you guys enjoy it!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #604
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Kaycee lives in Virginia, right? Or am I totally in the wrong region of the U.S.?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #605
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Kaycee lives in Virginia, right? Or am I totally in the wrong region of the U.S.?
She does

Unfortunately she had to go back to work and so she can't be here for our big family Harry Potter night. We usually go out to dinner before and watch the movie then talk about it afterwards haha !
Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #606
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
She does

Unfortunately she had to go back to work and so she can't be here for our big family Harry Potter night. We usually go out to dinner before and watch the movie then talk about it afterwards haha !
Will she be part of the big bungFACE contingent at DLR in October? OH! And how cool is that about the DLR Halloween fireworks too? (Someone just posted about it today on the main DL forum, in the Space Mountain Halloween overlay thread.) Jack Skellington will be the Master of Scareamonies and the fireworks will feature the villains!!! Awesome!!! But the L.A. Times article that was quoted by this DIS-er does not mention the Haunted Mansion Holiday. They had BETTER bring back HMH, but I am worried they may not if they have Jack as MC of the fireworks event.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #607

Quote:
Will she be part of the big bungFACE contingent at DLR in October? OH! And how cool is that about the DLR Halloween fireworks too? (Someone just posted about it today on the main DL forum, in the Space Mountain Halloween overlay thread.) Jack Skellington will be the Master of Scareamonies and the fireworks will feature the villains!!! Awesome!!! But the L.A. Times article that was quoted by this DIS-er does not mention the Haunted Mansion Holiday. They had BETTER bring back HMH, but I am worried they may not if they have Jack as MC of the fireworks event.
YES she is, her and her boyfriend. Oh goodness that all sounds so fantastic!! GAH! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope you can come and say hi, that would be fantastic. Oh I hope they have the overlay, I'm going to be SOOO disappointed if they don't. Its my favorite part about the holidays! If Jack is around for the fireworks, he HAS to take over the Mansion. Thats just a must.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #608
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
YES she is, her and her boyfriend. Oh goodness that all sounds so fantastic!! GAH! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I hope you can come and say hi, that would be fantastic. Oh I hope they have the overlay, I'm going to be SOOO disappointed if they don't. Its my favorite part about the holidays! If Jack is around for the fireworks, he HAS to take over the Mansion. Thats just a must.

That was my first thought - since the HMH is there and features Jack and crew, they want to make Jack more visible in DL by bringing him into the fireworks festivities too. I HOPE that is what their plan is, and not that they are trying to slowly phase out the HMH altogether (which has been a rumor for a while) and fill the Jack void with the fireworks. As for my plans, as you know, I am a continual state of up-in-the-air-ness! If I want to do the TOTP and see the Halloween fireworks (and believe me, I am usually not much of a fireworks person because it is tough to get anyone in my group to stand and wait for them, but I want to see these villain-themed fireworks), then we would HAVE to have at least an overnight stay, if not a couple of nights. If we did a day trip, my friend would not want to drive home at night after fireworks and the TOTP. But, again, the DLR hotel prices are so ridiculous in October - even with the AP discount - that it is hard to overlook the really good AP hotel prices in late September - but then I would miss the TOTP, which doesn't start until October. And then, if I go in October, would it be on your weekend or possibly on whatever weekend Courtney may go? Hmmm.... I am so confused!

Well, I will figure it out one way or the other. I am not missing all of this Halloween fun. And it only makes me foam at the mouth in anticipation of what they may come up with at DLR for Christmastime!!! Too much holiday magic to handle in one year, between Halloweentime and Christmastime!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #609

Quote:
That was my first thought - since the HMH is there and features Jack and crew, they want to make Jack more visible in DL by bringing him into the fireworks festivities too. I HOPE that is what their plan is, and not that they are trying to slowly phase out the HMH altogether (which has been a rumor for a while) and fill the Jack void with the fireworks. As for my plans, as you know, I am a continual state of up-in-the-air-ness! If I want to do the TOTP and see the Halloween fireworks (and believe me, I am usually not much of a fireworks person because it is tough to get anyone in my group to stand and wait for them, but I want to see these villain-themed fireworks), then we would HAVE to have at least an overnight stay, if not a couple of nights. If we did a day trip, my friend would not want to drive home at night after fireworks and the TOTP. But, again, the DLR hotel prices are so ridiculous in October - even with the AP discount - that it is hard to overlook the really good AP hotel prices in late September - but then I would miss the TOTP, which doesn't start until October. And then, if I go in October, would it be on your weekend or possibly on whatever weekend Courtney may go? Hmmm.... I am so confused!

Well, I will figure it out one way or the other. I am not missing all of this Halloween fun. And it only makes me foam at the mouth in anticipation of what they may come up with at DLR for Christmastime!!! Too much holiday magic to handle in one year, between Halloweentime and Christmastime!
Well, if you do happen to be there the weekend we are, we're going to watch the fireworks from NOS and you are more than welcome to sit with us because we sit and wait for them (we LOVE fireworks! especially if they are themed to special music). We won't be watching them on Friday because we'll be at MTOTP, but we'll be watching them on Saturday for sure!

I know what you mean about the Holidays. I love em both!! Its going to be so wonderful especially since the theme is Celebrate! If it would be a time to go all out on holidays, it should be when people are trying to go to the parks to celebrate them. I hope they do go all out for them!! EEK. I'm excited about halloween!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #610
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Well, if you do happen to be there the weekend we are, we're going to watch the fireworks from NOS and you are more than welcome to sit with us because we sit and wait for them (we LOVE fireworks! especially if they are themed to special music). We won't be watching them on Friday because we'll be at MTOTP, but we'll be watching them on Saturday for sure!

I know what you mean about the Holidays. I love em both!! Its going to be so wonderful especially since the theme is Celebrate! If it would be a time to go all out on holidays, it should be when people are trying to go to the parks to celebrate them. I hope they do go all out for them!! EEK. I'm excited about halloween!
I will take you up on it - if we end up at DLR for an overnight stay on your weekend, most likely my friends will bail or go back to the hotel and not want to sit and watch fireworks, so I will come and plunk myself down where you guys are! You will be able to get some really great Halloween fireworks nighttime shots!

Time flies by so fast - it seems like people were just beginning to talk on the DIS about last year's Halloweentime festivities, and already here we are and Halloweentime 2009 starts in 2 months and 10 days!!! If I can just make it through the HOT months of August and September, then I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - Halloweentime season and Christmas season. Ahhhhh....relief!

And you are right - since this is a 'Celebration' year, they really should go all out, even more so than usual - for Christmastime, since they are for Halloweentime. The Storybook Land Canal Boats are shutting down in August and opening up on the exact day of the official start of the Holiday season at DLR, so I am guessing....possible holiday overlay on all the mini houses (like even more than what they have done in the previous years)?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:59 PM   #611
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HAHAHA !! Thats phenomenal
That's my disney trips dominating yours
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #612
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

How was Harry Potttttteeerrrr!!??
Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #613
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

I love your pictures. You have some awesome Trip reports. Plus, I think you have inspired me to give Minnie and Friends a try.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:07 AM   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
How was Harry Potttttteeerrrr!!??
I'm conflicted. I liked it, but I didn't at the same time because I read the book. So, IDK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
I love your pictures. You have some awesome Trip reports. Plus, I think you have inspired me to give Minnie and Friends a try.
Thank you so much! I appreciate that you looked through them all because this thread is very LONG! You really should give Minnie & Friends a try and see it for yourself so you can decide whether or not you enjoy it. Its usually up to preference whether or not you like it, but I personally LOOOOVE the character interaction early in the morning. There are a BUNCH of photo ops there!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:31 AM   #615
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm conflicted. I liked it, but I didn't at the same time because I read the book. So, IDK!!
It's hard when they make movies from books, isn't it? I liked it but I am definitely left scratching my head at how they can leave out as much as they left out and expect for everything in the two Deathly Hallows movies to make any sense at all.

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: