Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #571
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

... continued

That ride was SO fun!!! Patrick & I finally unlocked the ship in the Buzz Lightyear section of the ride and threw rings into the mouth of a robot that had different point levels at different times. VERY COOL.

After, we went on Screamin' because the wait time said "aaa." That has to be good if they are so slow, no numbers can express how long the wait is HAHA.

Then Alexandra wanted to go on the carousel, so Patrick & Eric went on with her.

Patrick is a SERIOUS JOKESTER.

Then afterwards, we headed towards the front, but not before going on the Maliboomer!! It was just Brenda, Yesenia, and I because no one else wanted to go on it. It was so funny to hear Brenda scream. She was sooo scared HAHA.

Then we went and got fast passes for Grizzly River Run and went to go eat at Taste Pilots Grill. We were all pretty tired because we had already done SO much during that day and it was only about 1:30 pm! Everyone got different things. The girls split meals and some of them got milkshakes. Patrick and I split the bbq chicken sandwich (mmmm) and Eric got the Nachos. SOOO good. For some reason I drank iced tea the WHOLE weekend. It just sounded refreshing the whole time because it was a little bit hot everyday.

After we ate, we had a little bit of time before the FP time, so we decided to go on Soarin'.

Eric got irritated with the line, so he left it and sat with his mom & Alexandra, while we went on. The wait was about 35 minutes. It was good. I'm really starting to like that ride a lot. The girls really liked it too (they've never been on it).

Then the FP times were up! Yay!! We waited about 5 minutes and got on our raft. Eric's mom and Alexandra didn't go on, but watched us as we got soaked! It felt so good because it was so warm.

After the ride, everyone went back to the hotel except Patrick and I. We decided to go to the Animation Building again and we got to draw Minnie Mouse! WOO.

After, we hung out in there and watched the big screens. WE LOVE IT IN THERE! Then we got a call from Brenda, Yesenia, and Abby and they were already in DL and were in line for Pirates. So we went over to NOS and met up with them at the exit of Pirates. We took the train to Tomorrowland to have fun over there since we haven't been there yet that day.

We decided to go into Innoventions so the girls and Patrick could check it out. We ended up being in the kitchen when one of the CMs showed us how you could put products on the counter and the computer comes up with corresponding recipes for the ingredients. VERY COOL!!!

After, we got a call from Eric and they were heading to Tomorrowland.

continued ...
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #572
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Whoa! I am having SUCH a hard time getting on the DIS and posting this morning. The servers must be jammed up from so many people being on at one time!

Jas, where did you and Eric get the Mickey/paint shirts this time? Are they still being sold at World of Disney or did you see them somewhere else? I really wanted to have an 'extra'. I just got one in October but I like it so much and I tend to wear the shirts that I love to death, so I wanted to have a 'back-up' for when the first one wears out!

Side note: Can you believe my friend is currently on her first-ever trip to New York City, and the HUGE World of Disney store is right there (bigger than the one in DTD), and I cannot get this woman to get me a souvenir? She already went into the M&M's store and didn't get me anything, same with the Hershey store, and now she is within footsteps of the largest Disney store in the world, and I just want a little Statue of Liberty Minnie snowglobe or something! Some friend!

Anyway, back to your TR - let me guess. Are your drawings of the characters better than everyone else's? I bet they are!

As always, I love the Minnie & Friends pictures. So much fun. I swear, if I could convince my friend to pay for TWO character meals in one day - or even in one whole trip - as well as convince her to stay longer than we are planning to stay on my b-day, I would have us at Minnie & Friends in the morning and Goofy's for dinner (even though I really like the Goofy's breakfast much better) that day. I see your photos with Handy Manny and Frozone and all that, and I realize that we skip a lot of characters because the lines are always so long. But it seems like on your trip, the character crowds must not have been too bad. So when I am there in 11 days, I want to make the most of what little time I have and cram in as many character photos as possible! I don't care who it is - I don't even watch Handy Manny, but, heck, I will get in a photo with him! It's my birthday and I'm pulling rank!!!

Am I reading your ticker correctly in that you will be at DLR on October 2? You had better watch out - you may not be able to escape me this time! I am on the fence about a weekend October trip vs. a day trip, but that was one of the weekends I considered because that is when my AP expires. So I may be there FINALLY when you are there - and I will HUNT YOU ALL DOWN!!! I will be able to spot the bungFACE from miles away! You cannot hide!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #573
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

... continued

We called Eric and they were hanging out at that middle area that is no longer covered up by walls where the water marble is. They just put trees and a nice sitting area around the ball.

We decided to go on BLAB!

Then we went over to Autopia !

We waited about 20 minutes for that, not bad especially since its 4th of July and in the afternoon!! I didn't realize how hard you have to push down on the gas to move. That was hard!!!

Then we walked towards IASW, but decided to go on the Matterhorn before going there because the line was SOOO short! we waited in line for about 15 minutes.

Then we went to IASW! No line again !

They loved how manicured the landscape was and how clean everything looked. Alexandra really liked it in the ride!

We looked at the time and decided to go to Toontown before sitting down and getting a spot for the fireworks. We didn't go on any of the rides in there, but we did walk through a bunch of the houses there. I haven't done that in YEARS, so it was actually a lot of fun. The only downside is it did kind smell like pee everywhere, but I understand that it is the end of the day and there were little kids ALLLL over that place.

continued ...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Whoa! I am having SUCH a hard time getting on the DIS and posting this morning. The servers must be jammed up from so many people being on at one time!

Jas, where did you and Eric get the Mickey/paint shirts this time? Are they still being sold at World of Disney or did you see them somewhere else? I really wanted to have an 'extra'. I just got one in October but I like it so much and I tend to wear the shirts that I love to death, so I wanted to have a 'back-up' for when the first one wears out!

Side note: Can you believe my friend is currently on her first-ever trip to New York City, and the HUGE World of Disney store is right there (bigger than the one in DTD), and I cannot get this woman to get me a souvenir? She already went into the M&M's store and didn't get me anything, same with the Hershey store, and now she is within footsteps of the largest Disney store in the world, and I just want a little Statue of Liberty Minnie snowglobe or something! Some friend!

Anyway, back to your TR - let me guess. Are your drawings of the characters better than everyone else's? I bet they are!

As always, I love the Minnie & Friends pictures. So much fun. I swear, if I could convince my friend to pay for TWO character meals in one day - or even in one whole trip - as well as convince her to stay longer than we are planning to stay on my b-day, I would have us at Minnie & Friends in the morning and Goofy's for dinner (even though I really like the Goofy's breakfast much better) that day. I see your photos with Handy Manny and Frozone and all that, and I realize that we skip a lot of characters because the lines are always so long. But it seems like on your trip, the character crowds must not have been too bad. So when I am there in 11 days, I want to make the most of what little time I have and cram in as many character photos as possible! I don't care who it is - I don't even watch Handy Manny, but, heck, I will get in a photo with him! It's my birthday and I'm pulling rank!!!

Am I reading your ticker correctly in that you will be at DLR on October 2? You had better watch out - you may not be able to escape me this time! I am on the fence about a weekend October trip vs. a day trip, but that was one of the weekends I considered because that is when my AP expires. So I may be there FINALLY when you are there - and I will HUNT YOU ALL DOWN!!! I will be able to spot the bungFACE from miles away! You cannot hide!!
You know, I've been having a little bit of trouble on the DIS too. Its sooo laggy, but I figured it could be from all the posts I've done so far. Isn't it crazy how many posts I've done and I'm not even on to the end of the night on the first day! Its crazy!

We got the shirts at the WoD. Patrick was calling us biters the whole time HAHA.

Thats not nice that your friend isn't getting anything for you! Thats rude! That calls for TOTAL bungFACE.

OH & I don't know why the people were so bare on 4th of July by the characters. It was so strange. You should just stop by and take as many photos as possible! It ends up being so fun !

The October trip is kind of in the air, so I think I might be jinxing myself by putting the ticker up. We might be going the weekend after. If we do end up going the weekend of the 2nd, we're totally going to hang out!!! WOOOO!!!! Oh & there will be PLENTY of bung because my cousins from the Memorial Weekend trip will be with us and they love to make bungFACE! HAHA.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #575

... continued

We went through Minnie's House after checking out Goofy's house!

Then we went to Mickey's House!!

continued ...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #576

continued ...

More pictures of Toontown!

Then after we walked through Fantasyland and went through the castle to find a spot to sit for the fireworks. By that time it was already 6:30 pm. People were already sat out by the hub. The closest we got to was to the left of the hub if you're looking at the park coming in. We sat to the right of the Frontierland entrance on Main Street. It was a little crazy, but it wasn't really ridiculous. We all took turns getting up to get dinner. Patrick, Brenda, Abby, and I got gumbo (MMM). I stayed sitting while they went to NOS to get it.

gumbo is so good, it induces eyes rolling upward haha !

Then when they got back, Yesenia and their mom went to get corn dogs and Eric went to get skewers at Bengal BBQ. After the food, Brenda & Abby went to get ice cream. By the time they got ice cream, the CMs said that they were going to have us stand up soon and move in closer to the castle. That was about an hour before the show started. There was a young family in front of us and for some reason their kids wanted me to be their best friend. They were talking my ear off THE WHOLE TIME! haha. I don't know what it was about this past weekend, but babies were talking to me the WHOLE weekend. I wasn't even seeking them out. It was crazy.

About 45 minutes to the fireworks, they had us stand up and move in closer. I felt like I was in a can of sardines. Good thing I didn't freak out about it or anything.

This was our view

Oh my goodness, what can I not say about the fireworks. Some people have said that they didn't like the fireworks, but I LOVED THEM. I kept screaming "MAGGIIICCCC!" the whole time. They were tons of fireworks coming from the castle and it made it look like the castle was sparkling with pixie dust. It was beautiful. It started off with native american music and a man speaking of the beginning of our country and then went along to patriotic music. Alexandra is very afraid of fireworks, so Eric's mom kept her hands over her ears and covered her face in her stomach while it went on. WE all loved the fireworks though. They were fantastic.

After they were over, everyone got up and tried to move. There were SOOOO many people on Main Street that it took us 30 minutes to get from where we were (by the entrance of Frontierland) to where the street starts straightening out. Which was about 12 feet! It was crazy. We decided we'd leave DL for the day because the crowds were crazy. It took us an hour to get out of the park and we went to DTD, specifically WoD. BIG mistake.

It was SUUUUUPER packed in there. I had some stuff in my hand to buy, but I was getting so dizzy and irritated that Patrick and I just left the store and sat on the ground outside. We called the rest of them and we took off back to the hotel. It was too crazy by then.

Apparently that day Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony were there and I saw Dave Annable who plays Justin Walker on Brothers & Sisters on ABC with his girlfriend and another friend. It looked really sweet that they were joking around and having a good time without people bothering them.

We got back to the hotel, some of us took showers before bed and then we all conked out like crazy.

WHEW, end of day one!!!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #577
Belle Ella
DIS Veteran

Man, do I wish I could go as often as you (and a few others) But I am completely A-OK with living through your TR's!! And I really feel you on the photo front as far as editing is concerned. I never thought I was going to finish going through the photos I took in March and I only now (like 2 days ago) got the photos that my partner in crime took! And of course now I am minus one laptop and photo editing software program! Argggggg! But it's the price we pay for capturing our memories, huh?

Seeing your photos from Minnie's makes me really wish I could start every single morning off that way! Loving the group of characters you got, and I'm so jealous you got to see Rabbit. Total awesomeness!

wish journalmy new blog
live well - laugh often - run disney
Belle Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #578
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I commented earlier but I guess it got lost in internet space. Great trip report as usual. I felt so sorry for Alexandra. She seemed so scared to begin with. I was so happy that she seemed to really start enjoying herself. I think that early breakfast looks like the perfect time. I think next time we are going to do that one instead of Goofy's Kitchen and do it early. Thanks for sharing.
kaoden39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #579
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sherry just reminded me that you have an ongoing report here, and I figured I should check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Thats not nice that your friend isn't getting anything for you! Thats rude! That calls for TOTAL bungFACE.
Ew ew ew ew.... I did temp work in '02 for a company that coordinated shipments from train to oceangoing vessel and vice versa, and some of the shipments involved that B word there before "face", and it was going from the meatyards of middle America off to Shanghai, where hubby (who lived and ate in various parts of Asia in his early life) said they were likely for soup purposes.

Ew ew ew ew.

What a first post to have read for me!

Your cousin is Patrick, right? The one with the spiky hair? If so, read on. If not, ignore, b/c this will be stupid. Your pictures with him remind me of hubby's pix with his sister. It's like...boy version and girl version of the same features. I actually had to have hubby put away a pic he had of him and his sister b/c they looked SO much alike it started freaking me out.

"Patrick & I finally unlocked the ship in the Buzz Lightyear section of the ride and threw rings into the mouth of a robot that had different point levels at different times. VERY COOL."

How'd ya do that? I know how to turn the barn upside down, but how do you do THAT???

You guys look like you're having so much fun....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #580
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

About Patrick singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song. Oh man, I miss that show! Now they just show the lame computer animated version with the little red head girl.

Eric's sisters and his Mom are sooo cute! Does Eric's family speak a lot of Spanish?

That gumbo looks so good. I never have gotten the gumbo, I just give in and always get the clam chowder.

Can't wait for more!!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Ella View Post
Man, do I wish I could go as often as you (and a few others) But I am completely A-OK with living through your TR's!! And I really feel you on the photo front as far as editing is concerned. I never thought I was going to finish going through the photos I took in March and I only now (like 2 days ago) got the photos that my partner in crime took! And of course now I am minus one laptop and photo editing software program! Argggggg! But it's the price we pay for capturing our memories, huh?

Seeing your photos from Minnie's makes me really wish I could start every single morning off that way! Loving the group of characters you got, and I'm so jealous you got to see Rabbit. Total awesomeness!
You can totally live through my TR, you're completely welcome!! Oh god yes, is editing ridiculous. It does help though that I know a lot of keyboard shortcuts for photoshop, so it takes less time per photo ! YES.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Minnie & Friends breakfast especially early in the morning, and oh yes it was exciting to see rabbit! yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I commented earlier but I guess it got lost in internet space. Great trip report as usual. I felt so sorry for Alexandra. She seemed so scared to begin with. I was so happy that she seemed to really start enjoying herself. I think that early breakfast looks like the perfect time. I think next time we are going to do that one instead of Goofy's Kitchen and do it early. Thanks for sharing.
I know, poor girl. I felt bad for her at the beginning of the trip, but I started to notice that she was using her fear to take advantage of the situation HAHA! The early breakfast is perfect. If you don't mind getting up early, I'd say go for the earliest PS which is 7 so that by the time you're done, the park just opens and there will be barely any wait Its sooo perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Sherry just reminded me that you have an ongoing report here, and I figured I should check it out.

Ew ew ew ew.... I did temp work in '02 for a company that coordinated shipments from train to oceangoing vessel and vice versa, and some of the shipments involved that B word there before "face", and it was going from the meatyards of middle America off to Shanghai, where hubby (who lived and ate in various parts of Asia in his early life) said they were likely for soup purposes.

Ew ew ew ew.

What a first post to have read for me!

Your cousin is Patrick, right? The one with the spiky hair? If so, read on. If not, ignore, b/c this will be stupid. Your pictures with him remind me of hubby's pix with his sister. It's like...boy version and girl version of the same features. I actually had to have hubby put away a pic he had of him and his sister b/c they looked SO much alike it started freaking me out.

"Patrick & I finally unlocked the ship in the Buzz Lightyear section of the ride and threw rings into the mouth of a robot that had different point levels at different times. VERY COOL."

How'd ya do that? I know how to turn the barn upside down, but how do you do THAT???

You guys look like you're having so much fun....
Eww! That is gross ! Thanks for stopping in to look at my TR! It really is ongoing haha. Patrick and I do look alike sometimes which is pretty funny that you said that. It became the topic of conversation tonight at his birthday party. I think that myself, Patrick, and his sister Kaycee look a like among the cousins. In fact, Alexandra thought he was my brother HAHA. Even though we're completely different skin tones!

OH the unlocking of the ship!!! You have to get all of the aliens on the ship and it disappears and lets this robot open its mouth in 3 intervals at different point values and you shoot rings into its mouth.

WE ALWAYS have a lot of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
About Patrick singing the Winnie the Pooh theme song. Oh man, I miss that show! Now they just show the lame computer animated version with the little red head girl.

Eric's sisters and his Mom are sooo cute! Does Eric's family speak a lot of Spanish?

That gumbo looks so good. I never have gotten the gumbo, I just give in and always get the clam chowder.

Can't wait for more!!
I know, Patrick is SUCH a jokester. I never really watched the show so I can't relate HAHA

Eric's mom doesn't speak English, but she understands a little bit of it. His sisters speak spanish so they talk to her in spanish and translate, I try a little bit but I feel so embarrassed because I feel like I'm saying things wrong in spanish. Patrick was totally game to speaking spanish so it was totally cool the whole weekend.

Its funny because I used to have a live in sitter when I was little and spanish was my first language. They kept me in bilingual classes until was in 3rd grade because they kicked me out (they needed more room for people who needed to learn to speak english!). But I don't remember it! BOO. How about you with Jesus, does his family speak a lot of spanish?

The gumbo is good! Its different from the gumbo in the BB or at Cafe Orleans. It has more of a tomato based stew and its more spicy. You should try it!!

I'll get to more soon, I promise!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #582
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Oh lucky, you have been so many times since I've been away!! I always love your pictures. Whether it's your camera or editing, the colors are always great. I choked a bit when you said your cousin sang the Pooh song in the morning. So funny.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:33 AM   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
Oh lucky, you have been so many times since I've been away!! I always love your pictures. Whether it's your camera or editing, the colors are always great. I choked a bit when you said your cousin sang the Pooh song in the morning. So funny.
I have!! I can't believe how many times I've been to DLR in the past 3 months. Its too ridiculous to comprehend

Thanks for the photo compliments, most of the time its the camera but I do bump up the colors here and there using photoshop. I know how to manually manipulate specific colors but thats only because I'm a graphic design major and have to know the program! HAHA.

Oh & I thought it was pretty darn funny myself when I heard my cousin singing the winnie the pooh song! soo funny
Old 07-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #584
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I have!! I can't believe how many times I've been to DLR in the past 3 months. Its too ridiculous to comprehend

Thanks for the photo compliments, most of the time its the camera but I do bump up the colors here and there using photoshop. I know how to manually manipulate specific colors but thats only because I'm a graphic design major and have to know the program! HAHA.

Oh & I thought it was pretty darn funny myself when I heard my cousin singing the winnie the pooh song! soo funny
You should probably just move to Anaheim, but then again shouldn't we all?

I'm trying as hard as I can to get people to go down with me in August and then I'm going in September for my mom's birthday. I think I'm going to get an AP because I want to go again next March for my birthday. I'm obviously just trying to catch up with your number of visits.
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrrydeath View Post
You should probably just move to Anaheim, but then again shouldn't we all?

I'm trying as hard as I can to get people to go down with me in August and then I'm going in September for my mom's birthday. I think I'm going to get an AP because I want to go again next March for my birthday. I'm obviously just trying to catch up with your number of visits.
YES, we all should!

If you plan on going atleast 2 times, I think an AP is worth it. I'd say, if you'd like, we can play a game of how many times you can go to DLR in a year Its a super fun game HAHA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: