Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #451
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

UPDATE again.

Good morning everyone!

I'm back here at the emergency room. They had to keep my dad overnight to monitor the infection on his elbow. The infection got a little bit bigger, so I informed my cousin Chad that he will be joining us tomorrow morning to DL. My dad is super bummed and still saying hopefully "I'm going to Disneyland" but since we talked to Chad about going, dad wants Chad to come now. We'll see what happens.

I swear, around my birthday chaos ALWAYS happens. Its ridiculous. Right now, I am sooo tired because I didn't get home until 1:30 A.M from the hospital and didn't go to sleep until 2. Then I woke up at 7 to come back to the hospital. I still have a mountain-load of laundry to do, packing, grocery shopping for my dog sitter (boyfriend), and a crap-load of studying to do. gah. This is totally putting a damper on my birthday trip.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #452
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Oh, I am so sorry there is all this last minute upheaval right before your trip. I know how that goes, and it is very stressful and difficult to 'decompress' and begin the transition into 'let's have fun' mode! Even without the sudden sojourn to the ER for your dad's gout, you would have had your hands (and mind!) full and overloaded with school stuff. So between the school preparation and the trip preparation, that is more than enough to overwhelm you, and then you have work on top of it and now your dad's health! I know you explained to me a while back the types of things he (and people with gout in general) is supposed to avoid eating to keep flare-ups at bay, but what on earth has he been eating this time, and how much of it? If he eats something protein-heavy, like, for example, one lone steak in a week, is that enough to flare-up the gout? Or does he have to eat large quantities of stuff that is bad for him in a short period of time to cause the flare-ups?

Well, thank goodness you have Chad on standby, but it won't be the same as having your dad there for your birthday. So I hope your dad can somehow manage to go to DLR without too much discomfort or inconvenience.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #453
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I know, I swear I practically live at this hospital. I've been here so many times in the past six months that its practically once a week.
That's so hard on you both emotionally and physically. I went through that with my Dad. It seemed like I should be getting frequent visitor points or something.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #454
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Oh, I am so sorry there is all this last minute upheaval right before your trip. I know how that goes, and it is very stressful and difficult to 'decompress' and begin the transition into 'let's have fun' mode! Even without the sudden sojourn to the ER for your dad's gout, you would have had your hands (and mind!) full and overloaded with school stuff. So between the school preparation and the trip preparation, that is more than enough to overwhelm you, and then you have work on top of it and now your dad's health! I know you explained to me a while back the types of things he (and people with gout in general) is supposed to avoid eating to keep flare-ups at bay, but what on earth has he been eating this time, and how much of it? If he eats something protein-heavy, like, for example, one lone steak in a week, is that enough to flare-up the gout? Or does he have to eat large quantities of stuff that is bad for him in a short period of time to cause the flare-ups?

Well, thank goodness you have Chad on standby, but it won't be the same as having your dad there for your birthday. So I hope your dad can somehow manage to go to DLR without too much discomfort or inconvenience.
Thanks Sherry. I know, it feels so surreal being here at the hospital. Almost like time has stood still because I haven't even thought about the lack of time I will have to do everything else throughout the day. How can I right now ?

Oh & I have more BAD news. Chad's mom doesn't want him to go because he's been slacking off around the house and being a total moocher in terms of taking money all the time and stuff.. and he's 20 without a job. So I had to find another cousin (and I did thank god). My cousin Rj, who was from my first TR. I have a million cousins, so its not too ridiculously difficult to find an alternate. BLEH.

Hopefully I can get everything done today so I can have fun tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
That's so hard on you both emotionally and physically. I went through that with my Dad. It seemed like I should be getting frequent visitor points or something.
It is, but we're still finding ourselves cracking jokes and being sarcastic. I think thats just how we are though

Frequent visitor points! I like that. We can use them to upgrade to a more comfortable visitors chair so i can completely lay down and get some rest!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #455
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your Dad, that's really sucky!! But still wishing you luck on leaving tomorrow, having fun and then getting some A's when you get home!
Old 05-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #456
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thanks Sherry. I know, it feels so surreal being here at the hospital. Almost like time has stood still because I haven't even thought about the lack of time I will have to do everything else throughout the day. How can I right now ?

Oh & I have more BAD news. Chad's mom doesn't want him to go because he's been slacking off around the house and being a total moocher in terms of taking money all the time and stuff.. and he's 20 without a job. So I had to find another cousin (and I did thank god). My cousin Rj, who was from my first TR. I have a million cousins, so its not too ridiculously difficult to find an alternate. BLEH.

Hopefully I can get everything done today so I can have fun tomorrow.

It is, but we're still finding ourselves cracking jokes and being sarcastic. I think thats just how we are though

Frequent visitor points! I like that. We can use them to upgrade to a more comfortable visitors chair so i can completely lay down and get some rest!
Exactly. That and decent coffee.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #457

Thanks ladies for following me along my roller coaster of a PTR! I probably won't be able to post until the afternoon on Tuesday after the finals are done. So wish me good luck on those and I will see you all when I get back!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #458
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Thanks ladies for following me along my roller coaster of a PTR! I probably won't be able to post until the afternoon on Tuesday after the finals are done. So wish me good luck on those and I will see you all when I get back!
Have a wonderful birthday and a wonderful trip. I am gonna say a special prayer for you on the final.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #459
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
I'll say a prayer for you too, Jazzie. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and a wonderful trip.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #460
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASMINE!!!!
:

I hope you all are having a fantastic time and that your dad's health is better.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:40 PM   #461
kaoden39
Hugs

I hope you have a great birthday!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #462

I'm HOME!

Whew. This weekend was EXHAUSTING. I had a great time with my cousin, mom and uncle. It was realllly busy, but I got them to try out new things that hadn't before!

I'm just poking in here really quick before I hunker down and cram before my test at 12:15.

Sherry, Oh my goodness! Smiley overload !! Thank you so much! Dad IS feeling much better, but drama drama dramaaaaa. I was expecting it though.

Michelle, thank you I did have a great birthday!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #463
kaoden39
Hugs

I am giving you special thoughts for your test today. I hope that your birthday was everything you hoped it would be.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #464
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

So glad you had a good time. Now good luck on your exams!!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #465
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good luck on your final, Jazzie cake. I'm glad you had a great time and a great birthday. I can't wait to hear about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: