Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #421
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
WOOO! Link to my TR!! You rock!!

It's almost your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did

It is almost my birthday!

Speaking of that, I'm just reallllly realllly excited about it. Its officially a week before my trip and I CAN'T wait!!! GAH! I still have a bunch to do for school (papers due & studying for finals), but I really don't care at this point because I'm going to my home away from home (DL !!).


OH & UPDATE on my trip the following weekend from my birthday trip. We're going to eat at Minnie & Friend's Breakfast and do BB for dessert on one of the days I'm excited ! I'm also looking into getting shirts screen printed, but I still need to design 'em, so I'll show you them as soon as I get them done !


YAY, single digits
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #422
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Oooo!!!!!

How gosh dang exciting! I can't wait to see the shirts!
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #423
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran
 
blabbermouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
It totally sucks having your birthday around finals. It always puts a damper on your birthday festivities when you have to get stressed out at the same time. Whenever my birthday rolls around I always feel like my life is hectic since I always plan these big events for myself.

This is my first time joining a gym and I really like it ! I was totally surprised too because I've been doing yoga classes, ballroom dancing, and cardio kickboxing and classes really do it for me, but somehow the gym works for me. I guess I like being alone and in a focused concentration without the worry of keeping up with other people.

The beach huh? That sounds really nice. I love the way the beach smells. Good thing I only live an hour away from the ocean. Some people don't even get to enjoy it at all!

7 weeks? They'll go by in a FLASH! No worries!
See, I get bored at the gym and can't stay motivated. I like classes where I've paid ahead of time. So I feel guilty about spending the money and force myself to go.

I live about.... oh, ten minutes from the beach? Well one of the many many beaches at least. The joy of living on an island! And at the tip of an island too. I sometimes forget that some people don't get to see the ocean regularly. Unfortunately it's about a 3 hr drive to the nearest ski hill. I guess I should take up surfing instead of snowboarding!

I can't believe you're a week away from your bday trip!
__________________
blabbermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #424
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran
 
blabbermouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,017

Awww, your Dad is so sweet! And he text messages! So high tech for a parent.
__________________
blabbermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 PM   #425
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,399



Woo Hoo One Week!!!

__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #426
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,090

Woo hoo! One week!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #427
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
See, I get bored at the gym and can't stay motivated. I like classes where I've paid ahead of time. So I feel guilty about spending the money and force myself to go.

I live about.... oh, ten minutes from the beach? Well one of the many many beaches at least. The joy of living on an island! And at the tip of an island too. I sometimes forget that some people don't get to see the ocean regularly. Unfortunately it's about a 3 hr drive to the nearest ski hill. I guess I should take up surfing instead of snowboarding!

I can't believe you're a week away from your bday trip!
I love the beach I'm sooo Californian; all I talk about is how much I love living here. I'm BORN & RAISED and whenever I talk to people who want to leave the state I can NEVER understand why they don't love it here. So I know what you mean about the beach. I don't know what it is about the gym, but it works for me and nothing has before, and thats great! I really need to stick with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Awww, your Dad is so sweet! And he text messages! So high tech for a parent.
My dad is funny! He's always texting me all the time! He is pretty high tech for a parent, although he treats me like his personal secretary when it comes to configuring gadgets and learning how to use them so he's not TOO hi tech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post


Woo Hoo One Week!!!

OH YES!! One week! WOO! Well now its one week until my 24th birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Woo hoo! One week!
YAY!!! YESS!! I'm SOOO excited
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #428
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,279
DISboards Moderator

I'm all confused. Is your birthday actually on the 16th? I was thinking it was the 15th, but that is just when the DLR trip begins, right?

I love California too, but the way! I have never lived anywhere else, while 80% of my friends have all moved out of state. I do NOT love earthquakes, but those don't happen often enough to scare me out of the state YET. The main thing is that is is so expensive to live here, especially when you are struggling to find work and make ends meet. That is when moving out of California seems like a better idea to me, but I would miss it terribly. I may have to eventually do it, but I wouldn't want to. This is the state that all of my friends who have left come back to for visits. Quite frankly, if I moved to, let's say, Washington or Arizona or something, they wouldn't come to visit me! But California is a place that everyone wants to return to at some point.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #429
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I'm all confused. Is your birthday actually on the 16th? I was thinking it was the 15th, but that is just when the DLR trip begins, right?

I love California too, but the way! I have never lived anywhere else, while 80% of my friends have all moved out of state. I do NOT love earthquakes, but those don't happen often enough to scare me out of the state YET. The main thing is that is is so expensive to live here, especially when you are struggling to find work and make ends meet. That is when moving out of California seems like a better idea to me, but I would miss it terribly. I may have to eventually do it, but I wouldn't want to. This is the state that all of my friends who have left come back to for visits. Quite frankly, if I moved to, let's say, Washington or Arizona or something, they wouldn't come to visit me! But California is a place that everyone wants to return to at some point.
HAHA Yeah, my birthday is on the 16th, but the vacation starts on the 15th.

You know what's funny Sherry, I was just talking to my mom about exactly what your last paragraph talks about ! How serendipitous! I know what you mean though. Its so expensive to live here, but I don't know what I would do if I had to leave. I really am in love with this place.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #430
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

This is pretty much just for my own reference, but I wanted to share with you guys too since I just called Disney Dining for PS.

SOOO on my birthday (May 16th) my mom, dad, uncle, and I are going to have lunch at the BB at 1:10 pm.


Then I also made PS for the following weekend (Memorial Weekend) for two places. Both are on Saturday. We're going to have breakfast at Minnie & Friends on Saturday May 23rd @ 7:10 am. I don't usually like to be up that early, but I'm trying to take advantage of how busy its going to be this weekend and am planning meals really early. Then at night I made PS for us at BB at 9:40 for dessert I'm pretty stoked! YAY, I feel like its officially going to happen !
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #431
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
This is pretty much just for my own reference, but I wanted to share with you guys too since I just called Disney Dining for PS.

SOOO on my birthday (May 16th) my mom, dad, uncle, and I are going to have lunch at the BB at 1:10 pm.


Then I also made PS for the following weekend (Memorial Weekend) for two places. Both are on Saturday. We're going to have breakfast at Minnie & Friends on Saturday May 23rd @ 7:10 am. I don't usually like to be up that early, but I'm trying to take advantage of how busy its going to be this weekend and am planning meals really early. Then at night I made PS for us at BB at 9:40 for dessert I'm pretty stoked! YAY, I feel like its officially going to happen !
I so agree with amking the early PS because when it is busy you just cannot chance it. How fun to be doing BB on your birthday.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:26 AM   #432
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

I've come to terms with the fact that i'm the most ridiculous person in the WHOLE world. Why you might ask ? Oh, I'll tell you alright. GAH.

SOOO we're going to DL this weekend for my 24th birthday which is on Saturday May 16th (WOO!) BUUUUUUT and I mean a big BUT... I have finals on Monday and Tuesday after we get back. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!!

I have NOOO idea what I was thinking doing this, but now I'm just going to have to FOCUS POWER and try to get as much studying this week before the trip so I don't have to partially spend time studying at DL. RAR! That would suck.

I'm stressing... well starting too. Ginko Boloba here I come!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #433
charmama4
DIS Veteran
 
charmama4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: here, here, here, here, anywhere!!
Posts: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I've come to terms with the fact that i'm the most ridiculous person in the WHOLE world. Why you might ask ? Oh, I'll tell you alright. GAH.

SOOO we're going to DL this weekend for my 24th birthday which is on Saturday May 16th (WOO!) BUUUUUUT and I mean a big BUT... I have finals on Monday and Tuesday after we get back. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!!

I have NOOO idea what I was thinking doing this, but now I'm just going to have to FOCUS POWER and try to get as much studying this week before the trip so I don't have to partially spend time studying at DL. RAR! That would suck.

I'm stressing... well starting too. Ginko Boloba here I come!
oh my gosh!!!!! yes, study all you can and then go party!!!! get a goodnight sleep don't forget a good breakfast and above all breathe!!!! Sorry, the mommy came out of me

You're going to be in the parks this weekend??? I apologize, I can only claim "mommy brain" for the loss of memory
__________________
me Scott (DH) Forrest (DS) Connor (DS) Hunter (DS) Erin (DD) Oso (our furperson)
charmama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #434
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I've come to terms with the fact that i'm the most ridiculous person in the WHOLE world. Why you might ask ? Oh, I'll tell you alright. GAH.

SOOO we're going to DL this weekend for my 24th birthday which is on Saturday May 16th (WOO!) BUUUUUUT and I mean a big BUT... I have finals on Monday and Tuesday after we get back. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?!!

I have NOOO idea what I was thinking doing this, but now I'm just going to have to FOCUS POWER and try to get as much studying this week before the trip so I don't have to partially spend time studying at DL. RAR! That would suck.

I'm stressing... well starting too. Ginko Boloba here I come!
I kind of wondered about that when you started planning the trip. I am sure that it will all be alright. Study a ton before you go and then study when you get home.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #435
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Will do ladies! Thanks for the mommy advice

In the mean time, let me know what you think of this! Its a t-shirt I designed for the trip next weekend (memorial weekend).

wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.