Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #406
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Well that's not fair............
Lucky Duck!!!
I know! What makes me more jealous is the fact that he doesn't LOOOVE DL. He just likes it. HAHA
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #407
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
I know! What makes me more jealous is the fact that he doesn't LOOOVE DL. He just likes it. HAHA
WHAT????????
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #408
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Courtney, I lubbbb you

It is almost both of our birthdays! WOO!!!

Eric isn't going with me on my birthday It'll be my first time not seeing him on my birthday in 9 years. Its so weird. He IS family! But he's going to visit his grandparents in Mexico the next weekend and he can't miss more work. He really wants to see them because it will be the first time since his surgery that his grandparents will see him and they're really anxious too, so I'm okay with it
Birthdays in May ROCK!!!!!!

Awww... Well that's totally understandable! What part of Mexico is going to?

Quote:
My cousin Derrik (the white dude in the front row of my second picture in my siggie) is on a business trip in LA and his co-workers decided to go to DL for a couple of days after work (so they keep going there around 6) , so he's there RIGHT NOW as we speak. I called him about an hour ago and he was on jungle cruise. I'm soooo freakin jealous!! I mean, we're going in a month and he couldn't wait! GEEZ! haha!

Not to mention that he is in the military and working for Lockeed Martin; so his military ID gets him in for FREE and he said that his work paid for the airfare and the hotel. So all he's paying for over there is parking and food. SO RUDE!

He also said that the lines are like nothing! GAH! I'm soo jealous !!!
At my old job when I used to work with my Dad we made (well they still do) airplane parts for Lockheed Martin!

What a lucky head. That's awesome his work is paying for everything!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #409
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Birthdays in May ROCK!!!!!!

Awww... Well that's totally understandable! What part of Mexico is going to?

At my old job when I used to work with my Dad we made (well they still do) airplane parts for Lockheed Martin!

What a lucky head. That's awesome his work is paying for everything!
I think he's going to a town about an hour away from Guadalajara.

I know, isn't he sooo lucky to get that job!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #410
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Don't forget to check your e-mail starting today, Jasmine (and keep checking until next Tuesday, I would say), to see if you get any 'YOU WON' e-mails from Fox regarding that Disneyland contest!! They do the drawing today, but I can't tell if they meant they would notify people today or next week on Tuesday.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Don't forget to check your e-mail starting today, Jasmine (and keep checking until next Tuesday, I would say), to see if you get any 'YOU WON' e-mails from Fox regarding that Disneyland contest!! They do the drawing today, but I can't tell if they meant they would notify people today or next week on Tuesday.
I will! Thanks Sherry

I get so AMPed up when I enter contests, even though there's a HUGE chance that I won't win. I can't help it! I hope one of us here wins
Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #412

It is T-minus 2 weeks until my trip for my birthday!!

I have to admit that I haven't been really looking forward to it yet just because the semester is coming to an end and teachers ALWAYS love to unload a bunch of work before the semester ends. I'm not too keen on it, but what was really nice is two of my teachers are ending classes early, so I only have two finals! WOO.

I'm pretty happy about that, but the two finals I do have, I reaaallly have to study for and they happen on the day after I come home from my DL trip. Why did I plan a trip to DL the weekend before finals?? Because its my BIRTHDAY! DUH! I've been dealing with finals being around my birthday for YEARS and it NEVER stops me from having a good time.

For anyone that knows me, I'll NEVER pass up a celebration/party, ESPECIALLY if its for my birthday !! HAHA.

Today, I got 7 text messages throughout the day and a couple of phone calls from my father asking questions about DL (he's getting REALLY excited). So far, I haven't made ANY exact plans because I kind of just want to enjoy things, but I have made a few agendas to the weekend that I don't want to miss:

- birthday funcard
- blue bayou for lunch on my b-day!
- tinkerbell twist
- whitewater snacks
- its tough to be a bug (my parents have NEVER seen it!!_
- matterhorn at night
- btmrr at night
- PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!

I'm kind of glad that it will be 4 people (mom, dad, me & uncle rich... but still possibly a "lady friend" *giggle* )

OH also, I know its only 2 weeks away and I won't drop ridiculous amount of weight by then, but I've joined a gym because I'm SOO tired of being overweight and hating the way I look in pictures soooo I'm trying to cut down pounds before the big trip!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #413
charmama4
DIS Veteran

DOn't think of it as "losing weight" ugh!!!! Think of it as "training for Disneyland!!" yea!

I started my "training" 3 months ago and although haven't lost weight I have toned the curve I still have

My motivation was keeping up with the kids and now I feel I can walk laps around 'em!!!!

You go girl!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #414
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

My bday is Dec 1st, so when I was in grade school it was often a Pro-D Day so I didn't have school. But in university and now in my accounting program it's always exam week, so I feel your pain!

Good for you for joining a gym, I find it boring. Tonight I went to the beach with my brother and we like ran across the rocks and jumped around the logs, it was so fun and a good workout too (for me b/c wow I'm out of shape!) And it's so nice to be out in the warmth and sun.

All my PTRs I'm reading are leaving soon, it makes me sad to wait another 7 weeks?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
DOn't think of it as "losing weight" ugh!!!! Think of it as "training for Disneyland!!" yea!

I started my "training" 3 months ago and although haven't lost weight I have toned the curve I still have

My motivation was keeping up with the kids and now I feel I can walk laps around 'em!!!!

You go girl!!!!
Thats so funny!! HAHA I LOVE IT. I'm SOOOO training right now. In fact, I had to cut back because my feet were KILLING me because my shoes were all wrong and so my dad just bought me some today aww, i love my dad. so now, I'm going to get back into full gear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
My bday is Dec 1st, so when I was in grade school it was often a Pro-D Day so I didn't have school. But in university and now in my accounting program it's always exam week, so I feel your pain!

Good for you for joining a gym, I find it boring. Tonight I went to the beach with my brother and we like ran across the rocks and jumped around the logs, it was so fun and a good workout too (for me b/c wow I'm out of shape!) And it's so nice to be out in the warmth and sun.

All my PTRs I'm reading are leaving soon, it makes me sad to wait another 7 weeks?
It totally sucks having your birthday around finals. It always puts a damper on your birthday festivities when you have to get stressed out at the same time. Whenever my birthday rolls around I always feel like my life is hectic since I always plan these big events for myself.

This is my first time joining a gym and I really like it ! I was totally surprised too because I've been doing yoga classes, ballroom dancing, and cardio kickboxing and classes really do it for me, but somehow the gym works for me. I guess I like being alone and in a focused concentration without the worry of keeping up with other people.

The beach huh? That sounds really nice. I love the way the beach smells. Good thing I only live an hour away from the ocean. Some people don't even get to enjoy it at all!

7 weeks? They'll go by in a FLASH! No worries!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #416

Hello Everyone!

I'm in class right now and posting on the DIS (like I usually do in class because the teacher is side tracked). I called disney dining and officially made PS for the Blue Bayou at lunch for my birthday! I'm not exactly sure what time, I think 1:15, but either way we'll just show up at 12:30 and check in just to be safe. We'll most likely be around NOS because we LOOOOVE it over there. I've always said that if we had a place to choose to live in DL it would be in NOS. the atmosphere is just so fantastic!!

In other news, my father has been getting more and more excited everyday. He keeps sending me little text messages about little Disney tidbits and he's being super mushy as well. Usually this happens when we're being really family oriented, he's getting over being sick, or he's just melancholy. For example, on Monday last week he sent me a text message while I was in class saying "When is my babygirl coming home?" HAHA what a funny guy huh ?

OH! & after reading Courtney's TR I kind of want to go to innoventions to see all those fabulous bedrooms because they look so fun! If you haven't seen her post here it is. The last time I was in there, they didn't have that. I just hope that my parents and my uncle want to see it. We'll see though!

Hope you guys are all having a fabulous day!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #417
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

I'm in class right now and posting on the DIS (like I usually do in class because the teacher is side tracked). I called disney dining and officially made PS for the Blue Bayou at lunch for my birthday! I'm not exactly sure what time, I think 1:15, but either way we'll just show up at 12:30 and check in just to be safe. We'll most likely be around NOS because we LOOOOVE it over there. I've always said that if we had a place to choose to live in DL it would be in NOS. the atmosphere is just so fantastic!!

In other news, my father has been getting more and more excited everyday. He keeps sending me little text messages about little Disney tidbits and he's being super mushy as well. Usually this happens when we're being really family oriented, he's getting over being sick, or he's just melancholy. For example, on Monday last week he sent me a text message while I was in class saying "When is my babygirl coming home?" HAHA what a funny guy huh ?

OH! & after reading Courtney's TR I kind of want to go to innoventions to see all those fabulous bedrooms because they look so fun! If you haven't seen her post here it is. The last time I was in there, they didn't have that. I just hope that my parents and my uncle want to see it. We'll see though!

Hope you guys are all having a fabulous day!
It's the little things like making the PS that make the trip seem all the more real. Your Dad sounds like my Dad was. There were times when he would be so mushy. He would watch a movie that had a sentimental moment and he would tear up, then he would blame it on dust.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It's the little things like making the PS that make the trip seem all the more real. Your Dad sounds like my Dad was. There were times when he would be so mushy. He would watch a movie that had a sentimental moment and he would tear up, then he would blame it on dust.
I KNOW what you're talking about! When we went to go watch Mulan in the theaters, he teared up and grabbed my hand when the father gushes about being proud of his daughter. What a mushy guy haha !
Old 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #419
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
I KNOW what you're talking about! When we went to go watch Mulan in the theaters, he teared up and grabbed my hand when the father gushes about being proud of his daughter. What a mushy guy haha !
There you go. That darn old dust again.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #420
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

WOOO! Link to my TR!! You rock!!

It's almost your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: