Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #376
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

UPDATE:

So, I haven't registered for my birthday fun card. Anyone have any directions I can do to make sure I get one?

For the second May trip, there might be a chance that we're not going with some of my cousin's co-workers because the one with timeshare had a heart attack last weekend (and he's only 24 ! its crazy.). So I asked my cousin's wife to talk to them to see if its a good idea for him to be going to DL just a month after the incident. So, if that doesn't work out, we need to find another place to stay. If that happens, the number of people will go from 9 to 5. I don't really mind because it will pretty much just be family and we get along soo well

I was looking and at the Tropicana Inn, we can get a rate of $119 a night and its right across the street! Right now we're just aiming for a good rate. that means it will be $59 for the weekend per person We need to find out though as soon as possible so we can better prepare.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #377
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh that's awful. I hope he's okay. I think that i have seen oictures of the Tropicana on here somewhere and it seemed good for that price and location.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #378
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Yikes! A heart attack at 24, that's really scary!

I put the link on my TR for you to register. You really don't need to, but I guess it's a good idea? Maybe because you're already an AP'er they have all your info in the "system" already? Just go to City Hall and tell them it's your birthday and you want your dang fun card!!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #379
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh that's awful. I hope he's okay. I think that i have seen oictures of the Tropicana on here somewhere and it seemed good for that price and location.
I know, thats really scary for him being almost the same age as me. We're thinking about it or either the Paradise Pier because my cousin has a coupon from the military for a special going through July on getting the hotel rate there for $119 a night (same price as the Tropicana Inn) so we might go for that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Yikes! A heart attack at 24, that's really scary!

I put the link on my TR for you to register. You really don't need to, but I guess it's a good idea? Maybe because you're already an AP'er they have all your info in the "system" already? Just go to City Hall and tell them it's your birthday and you want your dang fun card!!
So I don't have to go to guest services to get my fun card? Just go to City Hall for it when I get into the park??
Old 04-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #380
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
So I don't have to go to guest services to get my fun card? Just go to City Hall for it when I get into the park??
Yep! That's what I'm going to do, so I'll tell you. But I think that's what Kerri did when it was Micah's birthday.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #381
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I know, thats really scary for him being almost the same age as me. We're thinking about it or either the Paradise Pier because my cousin has a coupon from the military for a special going through July on getting the hotel rate there for $119 a night (same price as the Tropicana Inn) so we might go for that as well.

You know the PP would be fun because you are onsite and therefor have the extra excitement. But you know the Tropicana is closer I've heard.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #382

Quote:
You know the PP would be fun because you are onsite and therefor have the extra excitement. But you know the Tropicana is closer I've heard.
Good to know ! I'm not sure on the rates for the other onsite hotels so we're going to call asap to get more info because it would be fantastic to stay at a resort hotel.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #383
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

We stayed at the Tropicana in March & it was fine. We stayed the first 2 nights at the DL Hotel & then moved over to the Trop for the rest of the trip. The rooms are standard sized & our only complaint was the pillows......suggest you bring your own!!
We loved staying "on property".....but I can tell you the walk to & from the Trop is WAY closer than the DLH & PP....... so it's what you're looking for.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
We stayed at the Tropicana in March & it was fine. We stayed the first 2 nights at the DL Hotel & then moved over to the Trop for the rest of the trip. The rooms are standard sized & our only complaint was the pillows......suggest you bring your own!!
We loved staying "on property".....but I can tell you the walk to & from the Trop is WAY closer than the DLH & PP....... so it's what you're looking for.
I really hurt my heel a couple of nights ago and I'm not exactly sure whether or not it will affect me in the future. I'm hoping that it isn't something serious. So distance is a big thing for me right now. When it comes down to it, we might go with the Tropicana just because of the distance. We'll see though!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #385

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. " - Walt Disney

I've been going through a tough time this semester in one of my design courses. Its been very trying and a little bit like being a fish out of water and its surprised me because I usually pick things up really fast and breeze by the semester. This quote really hit home and when it happened to me this semester, it really opened my eyes. When I read it today it made me smile to think that Walt went through it too =)

This has nothing to do with my Pre-TR but it made my day!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #386
charmama4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. " - Walt Disney

I've been going through a tough time this semester in one of my design courses. Its been very trying and a little bit like being a fish out of water and its surprised me because I usually pick things up really fast and breeze by the semester. This quote really hit home and when it happened to me this semester, it really opened my eyes. When I read it today it made me smile to think that Walt went through it too =)

This has nothing to do with my Pre-TR but it made my day!
Thanks for sharing that. Mr. Walt was always a profound man and very wise. I read one biography of him recently and honestly didn't realize that adversity he went through. You assume that everything went smoothly because of his accomplishments but truth be told he had to go on a hard journey to get to where he was.

Chin up girl, higher education can be tough but it only makes you stronger!!! Work hard so you can play hard.....in Disneyland!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #387
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

I just read this whole report over the past three days (*coughatworkcough*). And they're so great! I love seeing all your old photos too and you guys are such a cute couple. So excited you have more trips planned.

And don't worry too much about school, everyone totally goes through those moments in certain classes and I think they usually turn out ok (as in, "I just want to pass!") in the end.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmama4 View Post
Thanks for sharing that. Mr. Walt was always a profound man and very wise. I read one biography of him recently and honestly didn't realize that adversity he went through. You assume that everything went smoothly because of his accomplishments but truth be told he had to go on a hard journey to get to where he was.

Chin up girl, higher education can be tough but it only makes you stronger!!! Work hard so you can play hard.....in Disneyland!!!
Over the summer I think I'm going to read a biography on Walt, but first I'm going to finish my Encyclopedia that my fiancee got me for my birthday. Thanks for the encouragement! I really love that Walt quote though. Its fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
I just read this whole report over the past three days (*coughatworkcough*). And they're so great! I love seeing all your old photos too and you guys are such a cute couple. So excited you have more trips planned.

And don't worry too much about school, everyone totally goes through those moments in certain classes and I think they usually turn out ok (as in, "I just want to pass!") in the end.

Thanks for taking the time to read my TRs. They are kind of lengthy and they'll never end! Its so nice of you to take the time to look through everything haha

I'm an over achiever and if I don't get an A, I get upset! Its silly. I'll live with a B though, but definitely a C. I can't take it! Thanks for the encouragement though!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #389
kaoden39
Hugs

Poor thing. There is nothing worse than a course or a professor that bedevils you. Keep your chin up and continue to attack it and all will be okay. Goodness I sound like the Mom that I am.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #390

Quote:
Poor thing. There is nothing worse than a course or a professor that bedevils you. Keep your chin up and continue to attack it and all will be okay. Goodness I sound like the Mom that I am.
Haha Thank you ! I'm all good now that things are settling down in school for this week

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: