Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #796
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
i won a sweepstakes drawing in October on disneyshopping.com I didn't believe it at first, thought it was spam LOL
That's so cool! I'm glad people really do win those sweepstakes! Congrats!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #797
MeetingMickeyin2006
Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue!

Just popping in to says hello! One week from today, hours should be out!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #798
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
That's so cool! I'm glad people really do win those sweepstakes! Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #799
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Sure is quiet around here.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #800
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetingMickeyin2006 View Post
Woooo Hoooo!!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #801
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetingMickeyin2006 View Post
Hello back at ya!! One week till we know what will be open when!! I can then finalize all my plans! It is getting closer and closer. Lois
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #802
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Wardrobe question

OK -- here's a topic of conversation for anyone interested.

I ordered (and already received in the mail) our new Crocs for this trip. Still trying to find a one-piece bathing suit for my older daughter for the water park, and I just bought another bathing suit for myself.

Next up, daytime wardrobe (one of my favorite things -- I love to shop!).

My girls will wear shorts and t-shirts. DH will wear shorts and t-shirts. On our last trip, I wore khaki shorts and a white shirt every day (made it really easy to pack/mix and match my wardrobe, LOL). But it does get really hot in July! I'm thinking this time about taking some casual skirts instead -- Old Navy has some really cute knee-length skirts right now that have a gathered, elastic waistband and ruffle at the bottom. The fabric is a light cotton and they look really comfortable and cute. I'm wondering if skirts would be cooler and breathe better than the shorts did.

On our last trip, I saw a lot of people wearing cute skirts and sundresses. What are your thoughts? I realize that, obviously, wearing a skirt means being careful about how/where you sit, but I can manage that.

So what do you take for YOU to wear?

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #803
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I mostly wear capri pants.

That way you don't stick on seats and in a way it keep me cooler.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #804
vhartwell
Mouseketeer

Anyone else sitting here drumming their fingers waiting on July hours??? I am so anxious for these to be released!!!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #805
NikkiLovesWDW!

I actually wear shorts and it's the only time I ever do. (I don't wear shorts at home in the summer, mostly I wear the skirts you were talking about.) I think shorts are good because it's a little amount of clothing. Skirts MIGHT be uncomfortable beacuse your thighs might rub together, especially if it's so hot AND think about getting in and out of ride vehicles...ones that you really have to step down into or step up out of, like Test Track. I don't want to have to be constantly thinking about pullling a Britney.

As far as tops with my shorts, I have about 87 Old Navy ribbed tank tops in all different colors and that ALL I wear. I just find the color that matches the shorts I'm wearing that day and there's my outfit!

Examples:

Yello Tank...

White Tank...

Brown Tank...

Dark Blue Tank...

I could go on and on!! Seriously...one in every color...
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #806
mescad
Earning My Ears

Just booked!

I just booked our July trip with the 4/3 deal, staying at CSR from 7/22 to 7/29!

My DW and I had been talking about celebrating our anniversary (8th!) with a trip to visit Mickey. We've been going back and forth about the exact dates, but with the clock ticking on the 4/3 deal, we decided to make the call this morning. This will be our first time flying together and using Magical Express, as well as our first time on property outside of Fort Wilderness.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #807
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
OK -- here's a topic of conversation for anyone interested.

I ordered (and already received in the mail) our new Crocs for this trip. Still trying to find a one-piece bathing suit for my older daughter for the water park, and I just bought another bathing suit for myself.

Next up, daytime wardrobe (one of my favorite things -- I love to shop!).

My girls will wear shorts and t-shirts. DH will wear shorts and t-shirts. On our last trip, I wore khaki shorts and a white shirt every day (made it really easy to pack/mix and match my wardrobe, LOL). But it does get really hot in July! I'm thinking this time about taking some casual skirts instead -- Old Navy has some really cute knee-length skirts right now that have a gathered, elastic waistband and ruffle at the bottom. The fabric is a light cotton and they look really comfortable and cute. I'm wondering if skirts would be cooler and breathe better than the shorts did.

On our last trip, I saw a lot of people wearing cute skirts and sundresses. What are your thoughts? I realize that, obviously, wearing a skirt means being careful about how/where you sit, but I can manage that.

So what do you take for YOU to wear?
I wear a bathing suit daily under a light cotton dress. This way if a breeze comes Im not flashing anyone!

I find that the dress is so much more cozy. Pants make me feel like I am suffocating, I get flub rub from the shorts only... but walking in the dress/skirts...Im fine
hth
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #808
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescad View Post
I just booked our July trip with the 4/3 deal, staying at CSR from 7/22 to 7/29!

My DW and I had been talking about celebrating our anniversary (8th!) with a trip to visit Mickey. We've been going back and forth about the exact dates, but with the clock ticking on the 4/3 deal, we decided to make the call this morning. This will be our first time flying together and using Magical Express, as well as our first time on property outside of Fort Wilderness.
WOoooo Hoooo! Welcome to our thread! I'm sure you were the only person who was on the phone with CRO this morning NOT calling about FREE DINING!
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #809
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
WOoooo Hoooo! Welcome to our thread! I'm sure you were the only person who was on the phone with CRO this morning NOT calling about FREE DINING!
Whats this i hear about free dining??
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #810
MissFitt
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just booked too -- CBR from 7/7 - 7/14

I'm a little nervous because usually we have been going in Dec. or Jan. -- haven't been in July since I was a little one. Now I have little ones of my own DD (6) and DS (4), and work around school schedules and a DH who is very reluctant to have EVERYTHING all planned out.

My main plan is to go to parks early, CBR for afternoon pool and naps, and parks late. No dining plans this time -- we've been there, done that with all the character meals on previous trips. Plus we have plenty of Visa reward points to use for meals.

I just hope the crowds are too bad
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: