Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #181
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

WOW!! You could consider paying out of pocket for an extra meal or two with part of the money you save. I would love to be able to save that kind of money. Keep us posted on how you figure it will work best for you both. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 05:47 PM   #182
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
WOW!! You could consider paying out of pocket for an extra meal or two with part of the money you save. I would love to be able to save that kind of money. Keep us posted on how you figure it will work best for you both. Lois
Ok so I just changed our reservation to include the military rate!!! DBF is a little disappointed we aren't doing deluxe dining anymore but how can you turn down 40% at the Poly? We are now only paying 1600 for 5 nights with basic dining at the Poly- thats half of what it was before! We dont have park tickets yet because DBF will get a 5 day park hopper for free, and I can get one for 125. We will buy these when we get there at MK.
As for dining, I still plan on eating at most of the places we decided on before. We will just have to pay out of pocket for some meals, not a big deal considering the amount of money we just saved!
im so excited!!!!!!!
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #183
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"
 
NikkiLovesWDW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 9,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Ok so I just changed our reservation to include the military rate!!! DBF is a little disappointed we aren't doing deluxe dining anymore but how can you turn down 40% at the Poly? We are now only paying 1600 for 5 nights with basic dining at the Poly- thats half of what it was before! We dont have park tickets yet because DBF will get a 5 day park hopper for free, and I can get one for 125. We will buy these when we get there at MK.
As for dining, I still plan on eating at most of the places we decided on before. We will just have to pay out of pocket for some meals, not a big deal considering the amount of money we just saved!
im so excited!!!!!!!
AWESOME deal Lisa!!! Congratulations!! That's such a huge savings!! I've never done deluxe dining but I'm sure it's not worth the $1600 you've saved with this deal!!! I'm soo excited for you!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #184
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

This day just keeps getting better...... I just called to see how much it would cost to upgrade to club level and its only 300 more. I was shocked! Not only are we saving money, but now we are staying club level! I havent broke this news to the DBF yet, but I'm sure he will be thrilled!
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #185
BeckyScott
I am still upset that they don't make the Hello Kitty clogs in adult sizes
 
BeckyScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,127

Joining up!

We don't have our trip booked yet, but will be going something like July 2-12 or 3-13 or 4-14, something to that effect. We probably won't be able to book until mid-Feb (you know, tax refund time)

Grandma4ever, backing up about 4 pages, we flew out of Kansas City on Southwest last year, I'm a couple hours east of you. They don't post their flights as early as the other airlines do, I noticed a couple of days ago that they don't have July in their system yet, I think they only go 6 months in advance so it should be soon. They do have some direct flights. Might be cheaper to fligh AirTran but we wanted a direct flight-- first time flying with DS11 and DS8 (autism) and we weren't in the mood to make it complicated, the airports themselves are enough crazy without a layover.

Southwest also doesn't do seat assignments. You go to their website 24 hours in advance (I think) and print a boarding pass that gives you a spot in line. I went to the website at exactly the right minute and we hit somewhere in the 50's in line and no problem getting the seats we wanted. However, the flight there was awful-- but not their fault exactly-- both kids wanted a window seat so DH & I split up and sat in adjacent rows, which left the aisle seats open. DH got some cool guy who sat yapping about GameBoys with them. I got the Meth Addict. Seriously. Took off her shoes, fell asleep talking to herself and wiggling around, and couldn't be woken up. DS had to go to the bathroom and I couldn't wake her up. DH got out of his seat, and lifted our kid over this chickie, dragging his feet, didn't wake her up. She slept thru landing, almost slid off her seat. It would have been funny if it wasn't so awful.

So you know, Southwest does have that reputation, of not attracting, shall we say, the highest-level clientele but they're usually the cheapest. I suspect we'll be using them again.

Oh yes, and LuvMySoldier, have you thought about hooking your DBF up with the flag retreat at Magic Kingdom? DH did it last year and it was by far the coolest thing we did the whole vacation. It's just really really neat, very moving.
BeckyScott is offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #186
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyScott View Post
Joining up!

We don't have our trip booked yet, but will be going something like July 2-12 or 3-13 or 4-14, something to that effect. We probably won't be able to book until mid-Feb (you know, tax refund time)

Grandma4ever, backing up about 4 pages, we flew out of Kansas City on Southwest last year, I'm a couple hours east of you. They don't post their flights as early as the other airlines do, I noticed a couple of days ago that they don't have July in their system yet, I think they only go 6 months in advance so it should be soon. They do have some direct flights. Might be cheaper to fligh AirTran but we wanted a direct flight-- first time flying with DS11 and DS8 (autism) and we weren't in the mood to make it complicated, the airports themselves are enough crazy without a layover.

Southwest also doesn't do seat assignments. You go to their website 24 hours in advance (I think) and print a boarding pass that gives you a spot in line. I went to the website at exactly the right minute and we hit somewhere in the 50's in line and no problem getting the seats we wanted. However, the flight there was awful-- but not their fault exactly-- both kids wanted a window seat so DH & I split up and sat in adjacent rows, which left the aisle seats open. DH got some cool guy who sat yapping about GameBoys with them. I got the Meth Addict. Seriously. Took off her shoes, fell asleep talking to herself and wiggling around, and couldn't be woken up. DS had to go to the bathroom and I couldn't wake her up. DH got out of his seat, and lifted our kid over this chickie, dragging his feet, didn't wake her up. She slept thru landing, almost slid off her seat. It would have been funny if it wasn't so awful.

So you know, Southwest does have that reputation, of not attracting, shall we say, the highest-level clientele but they're usually the cheapest. I suspect we'll be using them again.

Oh yes, and LuvMySoldier, have you thought about hooking your DBF up with the flag retreat at Magic Kingdom? DH did it last year and it was by far the coolest thing we did the whole vacation. It's just really really neat, very moving.

Welcome Welcome to our group. We booked with Air Tran. Got direct on the home run.

Janet and I work for the Kansas City Regional Office. Have you gotten connected with your regional office? That is assuming that you are in the wonderful State of Missouri. I have added you to the list on page 3 post 39. Let me know when you have confirmed dates and I will correct them. Also if you want I will add the resort you are staying at. Again welcome. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 AM   #187
BeckyScott
I am still upset that they don't make the Hello Kitty clogs in adult sizes
 
BeckyScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,127

We're staying at POP.

Regional office, yes. Justin went into First Steps at 18 months and so we've been "in the system" since then. Local Center for Human Services (which is where our regional office contracts out services, I guess?), Judevine, now of course the school. I take him to Children's Mercy for stuff a couple times a year. He's doing really well. Disney was amazing of course. He also has a bunch of food allergies and Disney did really well with that, they are about the only place we can find that does so well with the food allergies.

And oldest DS was just tested for LD's right before Christmas break, and the school did an Asperger screening which came back borderline-but-yes, so the intake lady from the regional center interviewed me too. Haven't heard back from her yet, but it hasn't been very long.

I need to nail DH down on the dates. Does anyone know, I can't find the EMH schedule for July, it should be posted by now, shouldn't it? I don't know that it will make too much difference, we didn't plan around it last year, but I am thinking this year since it's July and maybe hotter that we should try.
BeckyScott is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #188
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyScott View Post
We're staying at POP.

Regional office, yes. Justin went into First Steps at 18 months and so we've been "in the system" since then. Local Center for Human Services (which is where our regional office contracts out services, I guess?), Judevine, now of course the school. I take him to Children's Mercy for stuff a couple times a year. He's doing really well. Disney was amazing of course. He also has a bunch of food allergies and Disney did really well with that, they are about the only place we can find that does so well with the food allergies.

And oldest DS was just tested for LD's right before Christmas break, and the school did an Asperger screening which came back borderline-but-yes, so the intake lady from the regional center interviewed me too. Haven't heard back from her yet, but it hasn't been very long.

I need to nail DH down on the dates. Does anyone know, I can't find the EMH schedule for July, it should be posted by now, shouldn't it? I don't know that it will make too much difference, we didn't plan around it last year, but I am thinking this year since it's July and maybe hotter that we should try.
The calender for July is not expected to be posted until April. WE can not mak are dinning ressies until April either. Since I know that more people end up in the parks with the EMH I avoid those and go to the others. I belong to a web site that does research on the expected crowds and tell you which parks should be best to visit on which day.


Thu, 02 Jul '09 10 DS to avoid MK AK
Fri, 03 Jul '09 10 MK AK to avoid EP DS
Sat, 04 Jul '09 10 EP MK to avoid DS AK
Sun, 05 Jul '09 9 DS MK to avoid EP AK
Mon, 06 Jul '09 9 MK EP to avoid DS AK
Tue, 07 Jul '09 9 DS AK to avoid MK EP
Wed, 08 Jul '09 9 MK EP to avoid DS AK
Thu, 09 Jul '09 9 DS AK to avoid MK EP
Fri, 10 Jul '09 9 EP to avoid DS
Sat, 11 Jul '09 9 MK DS to avoid AK
Sun, 12 Jul '09 9 AK MK to avoid EP
Mon, 13 Jul '09 9 MK EP to avoid DS AK
Tue, 14 Jul '09 8 DS AK to avoid MK EP
Wed, 15 Jul '09 8 MK EP to avoid DS AK
Thu, 16 Jul '09 8 DS AK to avoid MK EP
Fri, 17 Jul '09 8 EP to avoid DS

The higher the number the longer the expected waits. If you want I will PM you the web addesse. There is an $8.00 fee for complete access to the site per year. I have been a member for several years just to have access to this data. It has been very helpful my last two visits.

So the question of the day. Which Regional Office do you use. Is it Kansas City with your Service Coordnator out of the county you live in. Or are you in another regional office area?

I will add POP to the list.

Happy day all. Hope this information is helpful. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #189
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Lois, is that the site you can access if you buy UG?
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #190
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Lois, is that the site you can access if you buy UG?
Since I have no clue what UG is I would say no. It is Touring Plans. So just what is UG?
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #191
BeckyScott
I am still upset that they don't make the Hello Kitty clogs in adult sizes
 
BeckyScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,127

I'm guessing Unofficial Guide? I bought their 2008 book last year and paid for a subscription to their site. Good info and I did like printing out the planner, but I ended up not using it once we got there.

I'm not sure which regional office we use. I'm in Sedalia. There is an office here in town, but I don't know what region it is. I'm thinking it's Springfield, or it used to be?

The what park/ what day I'm still trying to figure out what to do about the 4th. What everyone has said so far- out of your mind to be in any of the parks on the 4th. Or other people just loved it. They do a dry run of the MK fireworks on the 3rd and it is less crowded. Epcot might be our best option as it handles the crowds better anyway. Or we go to MK on the 3rd and then like AK on the 4th and just hide at the hotel that night. We also thought about going to MK on the 3rd and then trying to get in to HoopDeeDoo on the 4th and just hanging out around there for the barge parade and the marshmallow roast and I'm thinking the campground is probably pretty hopping in it's own way. It looks like our whole visit will be in the 9's and 10's, but last year in June I think all the days were 8's and it wasn't horrible. Honestly, the lines are not so much of a factor because last year we got a GAC and that worked well for us, but crowds are crowds and I've seen some pics here on the boards that were really crazy. I guess I have until April to figure it out, anyway. We aren't getting park-hoppers but we're getting the food plan, so I have to figure things out in advance.
BeckyScott is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #192
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa
 
LuvMySoldier07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 319

Yes, UG is the unofficial guide. You can access touringplans by using the book, i think.
LuvMySoldier07 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #193
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.
 
janloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 2,980

If anyone is staying at POP in July and would like a FREE fridge and coffeepot, please check out our swap that is linked in my signature and PM me. thanks.
__________________
janloz is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #194
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by janloz View Post
If anyone is staying at POP in July and would like a FREE fridge and coffeepot, please check out our swap that is linked in my signature and PM me. thanks.
Thanks for the offer. I am sure we can find someone to use it.
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #195
Grandma4ever
One day closer and still counting!!!
 
Grandma4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 4,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Yes, UG is the unofficial guide. You can access touringplans by using the book, i think.
Thanks Guys for clearing that up. I believe you are right if you bought the book you can get access to the whole web site but answering some question. I just pay up front.

Sedalia is in Central Regional Ofiices Region. (I think) It sounds like you have a good handle on what you want to do. How do you think your boys will cope with the crowds, noise, and heat? I hope you do not have too many melt downs. One advantage of going in the summer are the longer hours so you can take a break to help them recenter themselves and get more time in the parks in the long run.

Write more later as I am supposed to be working from home. Guess I should turn on the work computer. Lois
__________________
Land & sea/ Carribean Beach / Wonder 8/03; WDW POP Century & Magic 8/04 (Eastern); Magic 10/05 (Eastern / Halloween); Magic 9/06 (Eastern); WDW 9/2/07 Port Orleans FQ & Magic 9/8/07 (Western) ; WDW 9/20/08 POP Century, Magic 9/27/2008 Alternative Western, & 10/04/2008 Western; All Star Music 7/8/09, All Star Music 12/9/09, Disneyland 5/19/10 to 5/23/10, Magic 10/23/2010 (Eastern) & Magic 10/30/2010 (Western) 9/14/12 POFQ & 9/22/12 (Eastern) Fantasy, 10-25-2014 (Western) & 11-1-2014 (Eastern) Fantasy Mouser

Grandma4ever is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: