Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #76
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

No airline tickets for us as we go to Florida right after Christmas and stay until April. Our kids have to get them Air tran has some good prices. I wonder if this cruise will be booked us, being March Break and all????
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #77
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran

We looked into tickets, guess what they are $669 each. OMGoodness.... I think they will come down though. I will look mid-week.

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #78
3dog2kidmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
I was going to post that yesterday....

Hey I call yesterday about doing B2B cruises this week and take advantage of the kids sail free offer, but that cruise is booked. So I guess this one stays booked.... Anyone get airline tickets yet?
I booked ours months ago, thank goodness... Paid about $300 each RT from St. Louis. Good thing... because with American slashing flights out of here I think this may be our last time flying "affordably" to Florida Hopefully SW will continue to offer non-stops to MCO and stay reasonably priced. But for now I'm happy that I have our tickets paid for.

Funny, I thought about doing B2B for the kids sail free as well... but I really wanted to do this itinerary. Glad to hear that it was booked.
3dog2kidmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 AM   #79
LC30
DIS Veteran

Maybe Cruising

Good morning. I'm posting for 2 reasons - declaring that I got on here this morning and thought you guys have a good group and wanted to know about water temps this time of year. Have any of you cruised in March before? How's the water temps? I'm a big wimp when it comes to cold water. LOL.

We're boarding the Wonder this morning and thought I'd make a game plan before I board. We were on the Wonder in May and booked for last week of Oct 2010. We just enrolled DH in a new school, so we have to move our dates and are looking at this week as an option. This would be our 3rd cruise. We have never done a 7 day before, so we are excited.

We hope to join you.
4 Night Disney Wonder May 2009 - First Disney Cruise
WDW + MVMCP Dec 2008, WDW + MNSSHP Oct 2008, WDW April 2001

LC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #80
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC30 View Post
Good morning. I'm posting for 2 reasons - declaring that I got on here this morning and thought you guys have a good group and wanted to know about water temps this time of year. Have any of you cruised in March before? How's the water temps? I'm a big wimp when it comes to cold water. LOL.

We're boarding the Wonder this morning and thought I'd make a game plan before I board. We were on the Wonder in May and booked for last week of Oct 2010. We just enrolled DH in a new school, so we have to move our dates and are looking at this week as an option. This would be our 3rd cruise. We have never done a 7 day before, so we are excited.

We hope to join you.
Welcome! This is only my second cruise - so we're 'in the same boat!" The first cruise I went on was with Atinkerbellmom and it was March 1 of 2008. The water was fine. This is two weeks later and should be good as well. The weather itself was amazing!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #81
Nurseholiday
LOVE TO TRAVEL

Just booked changed from June 2010

Hello, We just booked on the March 13th 2010 cruise. We previously book for June 2010 while we were on board the Magic May 30th 2009.

Family Name: OLINGER
Adults: Ashley and Anthony
children: Jacob will be almost 13 (may 20th) and Matthew almost 11(May 11)
Stateroom: not sure yet only says cat 11
Email: I will send email at later date. I have only posted 5 post so it will not let me.....sorry
State: AL

Thanks and we are so excited!!!
Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
I couldn't find a meet thread yet for this one -- only 519 days away -- so I started one! I, for one, am so excited to finally have our reservation and now just sit back and watch!

I'm thinking we can have a lot of fun with Kermit in Pirate Gear! The pic to the side was one I was able to find online and I put a note to the designers on the DIS Creative Board --- would look great on a shirt and be easy for Fish Extenders!

Who's with me!

Update:

Particpation in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange will be limited to those who sign up PRIOR to the 75 day mark for the cruise. This is to encourage participation in the thread and to lesson the last-minute sign-ups which happen frequently. It also gives adequate time to prepare supplies.

Please sign up for our Meet group by sending the following information to me:

Family Name
Adult Names
Childrens ages (names if you are comfortable)
State you live in
Stateroom #
email

The final list will be distributed one month before the cruise.
Nurseholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #82
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurseholiday View Post
Hello, We just booked on the March 13th 2010 cruise. We previously book for June 2010 while we were on board the Magic May 30th 2009.

Family Name: OLINGER
Adults: Ashley and Anthony
children: Jacob will be almost 13 (may 20th) and Matthew almost 11(May 11)
Stateroom: not sure yet only says cat 11
Email: I will send email at later date. I have only posted 5 post so it will not let me.....sorry
State: AL

Thanks and we are so excited!!!
Ashley

excellent! welcome! i guess maybe we're going to have to start getting a spread sheet ready soon.....I personally have to wait until the end of december to take on any more projects......
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #83
Nurseholiday
LOVE TO TRAVEL

Red face In the same boat

I understand too many projects started! I am queen of multi-tasking-beyond my abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
excellent! welcome! i guess maybe we're going to have to start getting a spread sheet ready soon.....I personally have to wait until the end of december to take on any more projects......
Nurseholiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #84
Nurseholiday
LOVE TO TRAVEL

Sail away!

Hello everyone!
I have a question for anyone who has been to the destinations on our cruise! What is your favorite excursion? We have only been on 1 Disney cruise this past May. (We went to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Castaway.) Any suggestions on excursions for this cruise?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #85
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow cruisers! I am interested in port excursions, also. However with 4 children, unless they are happy to stay in the kids clubs, we may just hit the beaches. So many decisions!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #86
EJ'sMom
Earning My Ears

HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!
EJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #87
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Welcome EJ's MOM ! There will be 10 of us...myself and Grandpa,(I'm Nana),my son,his wife and their kids: 3 and 5,girl and boy, and my daughter and her hubby, 7 and 13, girl and boy. We have not talked about excursions yet as we don't know how the children will handle the kid's clubs. I think we'll just head to the beach and do a little shopping. We're from Blenheim Ontario.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #88
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ'sMom View Post
HI All,
We are taking this cruise, our first cruise, and wanted to introduce ourselves.
My DH,me (Christine) and DS6 (Ethan) are from Ontario. We debated taking this cruise due to price and what we could get on other cruise lines for cheaper, but alas, we are here and paying through the nose; I hope it will be awesome!
We haven't booked our flights yet but hoping to fly out of Buffalo on Friday before. I still am doing some research on excursions but not sure what.....would love to hear what everyone else is doing. Any other little kiddies going around the same age as my son?
Chat soon!
Welcome! We didn't do any excursions last time due to the age diff in our kids (seven years from oldest to youngest) but we think we will this time. We're waiting for the little brown book to come out..... It looks like we're building quite a crowd here! Yay!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #89
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Add another family to the group!
We are also keen to participate in Fish Extenders, which gives us a great winter project to work on!
Is there a way to offer up our details (names, hometown, numbers etc.) in a more secure, direct manner?
And also, approximately how many individuals participated in this on your last cruise? Just wanted a ballpark idea of how many packages we might expect to prepare.
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #90
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Add another family to the group!
We are also keen to participate in Fish Extenders, which gives us a great winter project to work on!
Is there a way to offer up our details (names, hometown, numbers etc.) in a more secure, direct manner?
And also, approximately how many individuals participated in this on your last cruise? Just wanted a ballpark idea of how many packages we might expect to prepare.
you can private message me if you'd like with your information - much safer that way. I will go ahead and start a spread sheet if people want to send me the info and just maintain it slowly until after my December commitment -- our group is really growing.

For the FE or cabin gifts, there's really no set amount. There is a fish extenders thread on the main forum which gives ideas about what people gave....it doesn't have to be anything huge or expensive - just a little something to add a little more magic to the cruise.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: