Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #61
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
We kind of do the islands on our own. We are true beach bums and we like the locals and to shop at the little shops. I guess I like to barter. So we usually just wing it ourselves.

Guess I never thought of the "13th" concept. We have nothing to worry about though, it is Saturday not Friday...... Rather for the 13th to be embarkation than disembarkment.... As long as everyone comes in the day prior, everything will be okay.

Disney Nana, I will let you know how my attempt at the FE comes out. If it comes out okay, we may have to add to the goodies for you.... What are friends for?
If the group stays small - Tink, you may want to do the FE this time --- we'll see! I bought my stuff about a month after the last cruise and haven't made it yet. It just sits in a bag in the closet. But I keep buying little pirate trinkets for the gifts.

As far as the islands - I'm not sure we're even going to get off the ship! We didn't care for them much last time as I didn't find them to be full of bargains, but rather sunburn. I'd rather take advantage of the vacancies on the ship and enjoy myself!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #62
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

What does everyone think about having a deadline date to sign up for FE exchanges so we dont' get a bunch of lurkers....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #63
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

Rani, if the price pans out come October and we are joining you instead of RCCL AND the group stays this small, for sure I will join in. I think this group is smaller than our "Family group" was for our cruise together. It would not be a problem/ WHen you start to add more and more families though, it is hard to even run around the ship with all of the stuff. Even when I did the bags last time, it took me nearly an hour. It was fun though. I got to see everyone's doors. So if there are just a few, I will for sure join in as I can make something pretty nice. If you want to do the FE thing, I think the cut off should for sure be the 75 day mark. This is the final payment date. So you will have a good count at that point. Each cruise meets that I have actually joined always had 20+ families at the last minute.

I theshould be if you come here, at least say and introduce yourself. Rani every sense our last cruise, I check out the # of views versus post. This tells me a lot. I will try to call you this week.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #64
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
Rani, if the price pans out come October and we are joining you instead of RCCL AND the group stays this small, for sure I will join in. I think this group is smaller than our "Family group" was for our cruise together. It would not be a problem/ WHen you start to add more and more families though, it is hard to even run around the ship with all of the stuff. Even when I did the bags last time, it took me nearly an hour. It was fun though. I got to see everyone's doors. So if there are just a few, I will for sure join in as I can make something pretty nice. If you want to do the FE thing, I think the cut off should for sure be the 75 day mark. This is the final payment date. So you will have a good count at that point. Each cruise meets that I have actually joined always had 20+ families at the last minute.

I theshould be if you come here, at least say and introduce yourself. Rani every sense our last cruise, I check out the # of views versus post. This tells me a lot. I will try to call you this week.
I never figured out how to check that out.....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #65
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Hey everyone,

Southwest just opened up the flights for our trip down to FLA (but not back yet!) yesterday and we were able to get flights for $59 each.....not too bad.....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #66
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

Thanks Rani for being on top of that. I will look for ours today.... Which date are you coming down? Where are you going to stay?
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #67
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
I never figured out how to check that out.....
1,402 Views and this makes the 66 Post.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #68
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
1,402 Views and this makes the 66 Post.
OMG - you have to tell me how you figure this out.

maybe we ought to make a group on facebook so people would have to declare. our last meet group was already hopping with conversation by six months out....remember, we were getting a post every couple minutes!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #69
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

ALl of us kind of clicked in that group and you had so many repeat at the same cruise cruisers, that we kind of had a head start. I know I am still friends with all of those guys. Out of all of my cruises, that is the only time I really clicked with the meets thread. That is actually the only group that I still keep in touch with. I think we just had a pretty awesome group who all had kids in similar ages. It made us share what was going on in EVERYDAY life and we got to know each other well. We are all "Die Hard" Disney folks and that gave us even more of a connection. I think it was because it was an "annual trip" so it was just friends getting back together. I also think that DCL is loosing some of it's business and that so many are stressed with the economy and not knowing where it is going that it is hard to get excited. I am soooo excited about the new ship, but do not want to talk about it until next month because I do not know where Disney will put the price point. DH is still a little put off, just can not get past our cruise. We did not like the letter DCL sent us and he thinks we were "cheated". Now that is the down side of cruising DCL so much. We have done eveything on the ship so often, that we actually look fwd to the Ports; especially CC.
I do not know why this thread has not taken off. Our March 2008 one was a pretty cool group as well. I think it is just the roll of the dice and the economy. My Nov. '09 trip that we cancelled has a HUGE thread... So many I could never keep up.
As far a s adding a FB group. I do not know how to take part in a group that is not on my "Friend" List. I am very very picky at the "friends" I add. My rule is, I would have had to 1) At least spent the night with you under the same roof (so vacation counts. lol) 2)Seen other people naked with you covers my work crew. 3) Have blood ties with you or 4) Graduated with you (most of which fall in the #1 cat. as well). So I do not know if you can start a group without being in your friend circle; can you?
Now, to find out the views/post. Go to the cruise meets section, not your CP section. Go and look at the meets section. Find the thread and to the right is the view and post. If you just go to the thread via e-mail link or user CP. you will not find it; because you by-pass this then.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #70
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
ALl of us kind of clicked in that group and you had so many repeat at the same cruise cruisers, that we kind of had a head start. I know I am still friends with all of those guys. Out of all of my cruises, that is the only time I really clicked with the meets thread. That is actually the only group that I still keep in touch with. I think we just had a pretty awesome group who all had kids in similar ages. It made us share what was going on in EVERYDAY life and we got to know each other well. We are all "Die Hard" Disney folks and that gave us even more of a connection. I think it was because it was an "annual trip" so it was just friends getting back together. I also think that DCL is loosing some of it's business and that so many are stressed with the economy and not knowing where it is going that it is hard to get excited. I am soooo excited about the new ship, but do not want to talk about it until next month because I do not know where Disney will put the price point. DH is still a little put off, just can not get past our cruise. We did not like the letter DCL sent us and he thinks we were "cheated". Now that is the down side of cruising DCL so much. We have done eveything on the ship so often, that we actually look fwd to the Ports; especially CC.
I do not know why this thread has not taken off. Our March 2008 one was a pretty cool group as well. I think it is just the roll of the dice and the economy. My Nov. '09 trip that we cancelled has a HUGE thread... So many I could never keep up.
As far a s adding a FB group. I do not know how to take part in a group that is not on my "Friend" List. I am very very picky at the "friends" I add. My rule is, I would have had to 1) At least spent the night with you under the same roof (so vacation counts. lol) 2)Seen other people naked with you covers my work crew. 3) Have blood ties with you or 4) Graduated with you (most of which fall in the #1 cat. as well). So I do not know if you can start a group without being in your friend circle; can you?
Now, to find out the views/post. Go to the cruise meets section, not your CP section. Go and look at the meets section. Find the thread and to the right is the view and post. If you just go to the thread via e-mail link or user CP. you will not find it; because you by-pass this then.
You can definately have a fb group without all being friends - which is the only way I would do it. But it can be set up so only people in the group can see the posts - which is better than this.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #71
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Nana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83

Hello fellow cruisers. Have you seen that children cruise free on the 3-4 day cruises in March. Man....I wish it were the 7 day!!!!! It would save me a bundle of cash!I've had this planned for 2 years almost and it's only 6 months away.....I am getting excited and starting to make lists. Talk to you later...maybe we'll reach page 6.
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #72
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Nana 4 View Post
Hello fellow cruisers. Have you seen that children cruise free on the 3-4 day cruises in March. Man....I wish it were the 7 day!!!!! It would save me a bundle of cash!I've had this planned for 2 years almost and it's only 6 months away.....I am getting excited and starting to make lists. Talk to you later...maybe we'll reach page 6.
I saw that and my DH tried to see if there was any combo aroudn the same time to just do BToB cruises....but nope! Besides, I'm so excited for this date I can't wait! Does everyone have their planning/packing lists from last time?

I'm getting ready to roll my clothes!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #73
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

I am just getting the kids in school so can not think past October... Rani, BJ is looking right now into the B2B kids sail free cruise. She says it is a lot cheaper. I have not priced it out as I already have 2 cruises booked. Right now I am in OPERATION DISNEY DREAM.... Some of us past cruisers together have already chosen the date.... We are just waiting for the announcement today and get an idea of where we are going.... SO just sooo much on my plate.... Decisions decisions I tell you.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #74
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Six months until we set sail!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #75
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

I was going to post that yesterday....

Hey I call yesterday about doing B2B cruises this week and take advantage of the kids sail free offer, but that cruise is booked. So I guess this one stays booked.... Anyone get airline tickets yet?
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.