Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #46
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Nana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83

Flights

We are in Blenheim, which can't be far from you. We spend the winter in Florida, so we won't be flying, but our kids will be. They always fly Spirit. Have you thought of any excursions?
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #47
mkmommy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbeth View Post
Disney Nana - where abouts are you in Ontario? We're between London and Sarnia. We should compare notes on flights. I haven't booked mine yet - we usually go out of Detroit.

Welcome!

Beth
I may change over to this cruise instead of a 4 day. If you are flying from Detroit Delta has some great prices, last week I was looking and they were less than $300 Cad for direct flights which I think was $227 US.
__________________
Me, DH, DD 12 DD 10

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #48
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmommy View Post
I may change over to this cruise instead of a 4 day. If you are flying from Detroit Delta has some great prices, last week I was looking and they were less than $300 Cad for direct flights which I think was $227 US.
sorry I've been out of the loop lately. my husband just said he has to start looking at when southwest will release our flying dates.....we were able to get tickets for $47 each way last time.
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #49
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Nana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83

Wow that's a good fare!
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #50
3dog2kidmom
DIS Veteran
 
3dog2kidmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,481

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
sorry I've been out of the loop lately. my husband just said he has to start looking at when southwest will release our flying dates.....we were able to get tickets for $47 each way last time.
Wow... I thought ours were decent at less than $300 round trip
__________________
12/05 POFQ ~ 1/07 Poly / Wonder ~ 6/07 POR ~ 1/08 Poly ~ 5/08 Pop ~ 10/08 Pop / Wonder ~ 3/09 AKL ~ 10/09 CR / SSR THV
12/09 Pop ~ 3/10 CR / Magic ~ 10/10 OKW ~ 12/10 BLT ~ 1/11 SSR ~ 7/11 Dream / OKW ~ 9/11 Pop ~ 12/11 BWV ~ 5/12 Magic
12/12 OKW ~ 2/13 & 10/13 off-site with friends ~ 12/13 BLT / Dream ~ 4/14 off-site with friends ~ 12/14 BLT
3dog2kidmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #51
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 112

Hi all,
stopping by to say that we too are sailing on this cruise. It is a mini-family reunion for us and have booked 5 rooms so far. I will be traveling with my husband and ds (8) and dd (10), plus aunts/uncles and grandparents.
pumpkin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #52
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Nana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83

Welcome Pumpkin21!!!!!! Are you doing the reunion package? WE have 10 travelling with us...4 kids.......3,5,7,13!
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #53
JustinsMommy07
Mouseketeer
 
JustinsMommy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 119

Hi Everyone! We had to switch our cruises. We just found out we are expecting baby #2 in February and won't be able to sail because the baby will be too young. We are going to miss being Caribbean Amphibians (really cool name) but hope everyone has a great time!!!
__________________
Me DH DS#1 DS#2


JustinsMommy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #54
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMommy07 View Post
Hi Everyone! We had to switch our cruises. We just found out we are expecting baby #2 in February and won't be able to sail because the baby will be too young. We are going to miss being Caribbean Amphibians (really cool name) but hope everyone has a great time!!!
Congrats JM - we'll be sorry not to meet you, but happy for your new mouse! Welcome to our new family!

We are only over seven months to go until our cruise....around December, we can start compiling info on ages and such to organize some meets and fish extenders and such -- it's going to be a great cruise!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #55
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
OK - totally so excited - I just found out that my bud - and disney expert extrordinairre - whom I met on the last cruise - is going on this cruise, too! She's awesome and knows every tip there is! YAYAY!
Hi guys, just read the few pages of the thread.... This person of whom I quote is my friend Rani. I guess it is me of who she speaks.... Ok now I will get off my "Old English" box and introduce myself......

Rani and I have cruised before together. We as a family have cruised DCL multiple time..... Oh what the heck, we have cruised so many times, it has taken a year of salary from my house.... We too have booked this cruise. We were scheduled to go this past March and pulled out at the last minute and did the world instead. DH was just having issues with DCL at the time. We were scheduled to do the Double Dip this November and got the the kids schedule for 2010 and found out that it is standardlized test time so we needed to transfer our booking. Well this cruise is scheduled during our Spring Break, so we then quickly booked this cruise... Then to our MAGICAL suprise, we found out our dear friends were also booked on it. Spring Break, means no test. So therefore, VACATION!!!!

Then I come here to find out that Disney Nana is on this cruise. Sounds pretty cool... When we travel, we usually bring a bucket load of people with us, but right now it is just DH, DS 12 @ sailing, DD 8 @sailing and myself....

I started shopping last week. Swimsuit for DD, shorts for DD and flip flops. You know I have to get it while I can...... Now we do have a little situation..... Our family actually has 3 cruises booked right now. I guess this is an actual confession. We actually have 3 cruises booked right now. 2 on DCL and 1 on RCCL. Now here is the confession. Our DCL & RCCL are booked for the same date. Yes, we have booked another cruise for this same date and this is the reason I have not been to the meets thread and posted. We are just figuring out what we are going to do. The truth is we are waiting for October to make the final decision. Our other DCL date is a dummy date. We are waiting to see the prices for the Dream. We want to for sure go on the new ship and need to see where the $ is. A group of us past cruisers have selected a date to sail together and will target that date for sure. So if the prices come out very high, we will do RCCL. If not we will stick with DCL. So I can not throw my heals up and lock in until October. I will stay on this thread though, as I do not want to be one of those that lurks and you have not heard from me until the 1st of March; as it occurs in many meets threads.

I just know we will be at Port Canaveral this week in March getting on a ship, we just have to decide which ship. We have ONLY cruised Disney before so this is new.

As far as Fish Extenders...... I have never participated in one as I do not like to haul all of the stuff there or back. I have participated in private exchanges, but never group ones. It becomes very hard when at the end, 20 people sign up at the last minute. I then feel stressed about buying more stuff. So, if we are cruising with you, the Tink Family will pass on the FEE. Now yesterday, I did buy stuff to take a crack at making one. I sew and saw them on a thread of people trying to locate them. I decided to buy the stuff, make it and then offer it to a DISer at cost. So I will see how it turns out.

Disney Nana, we will stick stick to our Florida plan.

It is nice meeting all of you and regardless, our family is in countdown mode to cruise.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani

Last edited by atinkerbellmom; 08-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #56
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Nana 4 View Post
Welcome Pumpkin21!!!!!! Are you doing the reunion package? WE have 10 travelling with us...4 kids.......3,5,7,13!
No, I booked the cruise for my family of 4 and then others in the family decided to join in the fun. What are the advantages of the reunion package? This is our first cruise.
pumpkin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #57
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin21 View Post
No, I booked the cruise for my family of 4 and then others in the family decided to join in the fun. What are the advantages of the reunion package? This is our first cruise.
Actually there are not very many advantages. You actually have to pay for it and all it gives you is the ability to have one of the lounges that afternoon for 1 hour. You have to have at least 16 people and to tell you the truth there is not much to it. They will link everyone's reservation in which they will do anyway if you call to link them. So I personally do not think there are many advantages to it. Each of our cruisesw with the exception of 2; we have traveled with at least 16 people and I personal never have thought it was worth it.
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #58
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian
 
ranidayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinkerbellmom View Post
Hi guys, just read the few pages of the thread.... This person of whom I quote is my friend Rani. I guess it is me of who she speaks.... Ok now I will get off my "Old English" box and introduce myself......

Rani and I have cruised before together. We as a family have cruised DCL multiple time..... Oh what the heck, we have cruised so many times, it has taken a year of salary from my house.... We too have booked this cruise. We were scheduled to go this past March and pulled out at the last minute and did the world instead. DH was just having issues with DCL at the time. We were scheduled to do the Double Dip this November and got the the kids schedule for 2010 and found out that it is standardlized test time so we needed to transfer our booking. Well this cruise is scheduled during our Spring Break, so we then quickly booked this cruise... Then to our MAGICAL suprise, we found out our dear friends were also booked on it. Spring Break, means no test. So therefore, VACATION!!!!

Then I come here to find out that Disney Nana is on this cruise. Sounds pretty cool... When we travel, we usually bring a bucket load of people with us, but right now it is just DH, DS 12 @ sailing, DD 8 @sailing and myself....

I started shopping last week. Swimsuit for DD, shorts for DD and flip flops. You know I have to get it while I can...... Now we do have a little situation..... Our family actually has 3 cruises booked right now. I guess this is an actual confession. We actually have 3 cruises booked right now. 2 on DCL and 1 on RCCL. Now here is the confession. Our DCL & RCCL are booked for the same date. Yes, we have booked another cruise for this same date and this is the reason I have not been to the meets thread and posted. We are just figuring out what we are going to do. The truth is we are waiting for October to make the final decision. Our other DCL date is a dummy date. We are waiting to see the prices for the Dream. We want to for sure go on the new ship and need to see where the $ is. A group of us past cruisers have selected a date to sail together and will target that date for sure. So if the prices come out very high, we will do RCCL. If not we will stick with DCL. So I can not throw my heals up and lock in until October. I will stay on this thread though, as I do not want to be one of those that lurks and you have not heard from me until the 1st of March; as it occurs in many meets threads.

I just know we will be at Port Canaveral this week in March getting on a ship, we just have to decide which ship. We have ONLY cruised Disney before so this is new.

As far as Fish Extenders...... I have never participated in one as I do not like to haul all of the stuff there or back. I have participated in private exchanges, but never group ones. It becomes very hard when at the end, 20 people sign up at the last minute. I then feel stressed about buying more stuff. So, if we are cruising with you, the Tink Family will pass on the FEE. Now yesterday, I did buy stuff to take a crack at making one. I sew and saw them on a thread of people trying to locate them. I decided to buy the stuff, make it and then offer it to a DISer at cost. So I will see how it turns out.

Disney Nana, we will stick stick to our Florida plan.

It is nice meeting all of you and regardless, our family is in countdown mode to cruise.
oh no! Well, now we have something to anticipate in October.

I agree with the FE thing being crazy when people join up at the very end. I think we should make a cut off date of 1.5 months before the cruise in order to participate in the FE - that will get the lurkers to come out or they won't be able to do it. We had that in our last cruise, remember Tink, when the last two weeks we had 10 new families come out who admitted they'd been reading the posts for SIX MONTHS and never spoke up. We all felt really violated....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #59
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Nana 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83

[


Disney Nana, we will stick stick to our Florida plan.

I'd rather you come on this cruise if you can!If not we'll stick to plan A.It's only 7 months from today! It's the 13th....I always felt that was a lucky number. Anybody superstitous? We're just coming from Florida, Orlando area so count me in for the FE. I'm going to try to make 3 for the family without any sewing....cut and paste if you know what I mean.
Anyone have any special plans for SM or St Thomas already?
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 PM   #60
atinkerbellmom
DIS Veteran
 
atinkerbellmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of the Mall of America
Posts: 2,840

We kind of do the islands on our own. We are true beach bums and we like the locals and to shop at the little shops. I guess I like to barter. So we usually just wing it ourselves.

Guess I never thought of the "13th" concept. We have nothing to worry about though, it is Saturday not Friday...... Rather for the 13th to be embarkation than disembarkment.... As long as everyone comes in the day prior, everything will be okay.

Disney Nana, I will let you know how my attempt at the FE comes out. If it comes out okay, we may have to add to the goodies for you.... What are friends for?
__________________
atinkerbellmom
Our Disney Family
Me, DH, DS(14), DD(10)

Thanks, Cheri & Johnna. Thanks Tiny Tink & LtWDWdream. & Thanks Rani
atinkerbellmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.