Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #526
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry we missed the meet!

We did meet a few of you throughout the cruise - may have even met more of you unknowingly!

We made it home Sunday evening after some rough travel to get home. But we are safe and sound now!

It was a terrific cruise for us, such a good time - lots of thoughts to collect and a trip report to craft.

We did rebook for Wonder on teh Mexican Riviera in March of next year - should be loads of fun!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #527
EJ'sMom
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts! It was my son's favourite part of the trip! He loved searching the pockets every time we returned to our cabin!
EJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #528
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all for the wonderful trip and FE presents. Our kids enjoyed finding the treats each day and even my parents were excited and knocked on our door a few times to let us know that something new had been delivered!

It was wonderful to meet everyone and I'm glad that my kids met some good friends that I'm sure they will want to keep in touch with!

When we arrived home on Sunday morning, my DS stood in the kitchen and asked, "can we book on the Dream mom?"

Thanks for the great trip! Tina
Old 03-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #529
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphscott View Post
I am so sorry we missed the meet!

We did meet a few of you throughout the cruise - may have even met more of you unknowingly!

We made it home Sunday evening after some rough travel to get home. But we are safe and sound now!

It was a terrific cruise for us, such a good time - lots of thoughts to collect and a trip report to craft.

We did rebook for Wonder on teh Mexican Riviera in March of next year - should be loads of fun!
Looking forward to your trip report - it will be fun to read about your 4wheel adventure through the St. Maarten dump, up hill and down. Strange adventure, hope the rest of your shopping day went well. Tina
pumpkin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #530
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Woo! What an awesome cruise and vacation! We got home late Monday night and are still trying to get used to having to cook our own food and make our own beds! We had a blast and Lillian did great on the ship. I'm starting to organize our pictures and get to work on a trip report as well. Gotta do something to keep the post-Disney/post-Cruise depression away!

thanks everyone for the awesome FE gifts! That was just too fun.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #531
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin21 View Post
Looking forward to your trip report - it will be fun to read about your 4wheel adventure through the St. Maarten dump, up hill and down. Strange adventure, hope the rest of your shopping day went well. Tina
Well see - that would depend on your definition of shopping going "well."

If you ask Sara - yes, it went rather well - if you ask me -I just cry!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #532
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Trip report thread is here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post35969157
Old 03-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #533
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

Well, this whole cruising thing is addictive, isn't it? And none of you warned me!

Thanks everyone for a sensational week that exceeded all expectations (and I must say that after hours on the boards, the emotional investment was high). The FEs were amazing and thoughtful and well ... you shared the Magic!

We got home Tuesday after a few days in the very rainy Orlando area. Outlet mall shopping was very good, an evening at Downtown Disney was fun (DVC members get a 20% discount at Fulton's Crab House, fyi), our first trip to Universal was a disappointment, Marriott World Center was nice and gave DD a chance to extend her vacation with an afternoon sailing down the waterslide.

Thanks to Pumpkin21 for letting her kids be DD's best friends for the trip. When DH headed out last night for some provisions, the house suddenly got quiet as she took the laptop upstairs to her room and emailed her cruise pals.

And yes, we also rebooked. We took an end of March date because DH wants to combine this with some time at Vero, but I suspect we'll be shifting it to the same week as this year. I confess that I'm hooked on the sea day ... absolute bliss! That means we'll likely do the Eastern itinerary again, but who knows!
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #534
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

did anyone else who flew home on sunday afternoon arrive back to find that every single thing in every suitcase was soaked to the bone? southwest apparently left all our bags out in the rain uncovered --- am still doing laundry! unfortunately, some first release books that my kids were given at Ripley's World Headquarters were also soaked through...sigh....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #535
ranidayz

for those on facebook who loved alfred and seymour...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...id=82302046934
Old 03-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #536
tecdavidt
Ready to leave the frosty Midwest behind, and sail the sunny Caribbean!
Married to a Tag Toggler

Welcome home to all. If you noticed a man with a laptop web casting up on deck 10 during the Sail-a-way party, that was us. He also did a few web casts during the cruise, in ports and at sea. Nothing like providing the noon whistle for those back on land lol.

Our daughter tells us this was her best cruise ever! Last year she avoided the Stack but this cruise she loved it. Next year she will be 18 and in college so no Stack for her.

We did rebook! We will be on the March 12 - 19 Eastern cruise once again. I swear the Spring Break dates keep moving up a week. My husband's birthdate is March 23 and we use to be on the ship or just getting off for his birthday. We have the same room as this year, midship cat 3 8534.

Our neighbors, 8532, missed the first two days of the cruise. Sad for them. It was a mom with three teens. We noticed notes in the fish and found out from our room hostess that they missed their flight. She also told us that their luggage made it, strange how they missed their flight but the luggage didn't. Met them when we were getting off the ship in St. M.

As for St. M, well, I need to stay far far far way from the jewelry stores. Next year, no jewelry shopping in St. M for me. As for St. Thomas, I have my eye on more Aussie opals. Found a couple I likes in St. T but hit my spending limit in St. M. Must go back!

Hope to see Dis people next March. Did see your Fish Extenders! If any of you are Platinum or will be Platinum level on your next DCL cruise we went on the Plantinum Galley tour, GO if you have the chance. Head Chef Edward was in charge and what a treat. It is not the normal Galley tour. We went down below water level into the food storage area. We even got to see large boards with all the menus for the Med crossing and Med cruises. They are already preparing for the Med!

I need to get back to doing laundry. I did our cruise laundry during our last two days at Bay Lake Tower. The washer/dryer came in handy!

Happy Cruising to all. Kathy
Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #537
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

That galley tour sounds great - gives us something to aspire to!

I enjoyed your mini trip report Kathy - it sounds like all went very well.

And I too have no more need to go back to St. Maarten shopping! I am still smarting from the beating my credit card took!!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #538
ranidayz

we loved the fish extender gifts! i have no idea how to post a pic or I would....but the towel, the bags, the maple candies ;o), the toys --- the magnets and frames -- wow - amazing!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #539
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

I too have ventured into the world of the trip report. You can find it here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2429345
2009 WDW @ Poly;
2010 Aboard the Disney Magic (Eastern); August first trip home @ BLT; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2011 AKL Kidani; Vero Beach; Disney Magic (Western); BLT ; MNSSHP @ BLT; Marriott's Royal Palms;
2012 Beach Club Villas; Wilderness Lodge; Disney Magic (Eastern); Vero Beach; BLT; Marriott's Grande Vista;
2013 BLT; Disney Fantasy (Eastern); Wilderness Lodge; OKW-BLT; December Marriott's Cypress Harbor;
2014 OKW; Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve;
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #540
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecdavidt View Post
Welcome home to all. If you noticed a man with a laptop web casting up on deck 10 during the Sail-a-way party, that was us. He also did a few web casts during the cruise, in ports and at sea. Nothing like providing the noon whistle for those back on land lol.
I saw the guy with the laptop during the Sail-a-way party and I said to myself "There's a Dis'er". That's so neat that he did web casts during the cruise.

Love reading the trip reports. I'm way behind in getting mine started. The days just are too full and go by so fast.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: