Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #31
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinsMommy07 View Post
I don't have any pics of the fish extender from the cruise. I have no idea why I didn't take any...I am guessing that I was upset about not having the magnets for the door. I will try to dig out the fish extender and take a pic to post.
I'm excited to have one this trip....we did it a little differently on the last cruise.

What other kind of stuff do we want to do with this group for the cruise?
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #32
Dave and Micha
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! We just got back from a back to back on the Disney Magic and it was the MOST incredible cruise we have ever taken... and with 69 under our belts that is saying something.

I envy you all getting ready to go on and wonder if some of you can help me out with some fun.

We had a great time with our Head Server who is also a Server in Palo... his name is Roberto. We joked and teased the entire 2 weeks and it was truly said when we left. I told him that we would haunt him from beyond and that is where you all come in.

If any of you have Palo reservations PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say Hi to PJ from Dave and Michael... but go up to Roberto and tell him that Dave and Michael from the Disney Boards told you to find him and ask him for a special free Roberto cocktail. Then ask him if he has his GPS positioning yet. (He kept joking that he was going to tag me with it so he would know when we were coming so he could hide.)

I am going to ask people to do this every week for as long as I can keep it going.

I know he will laugh, but it will also let him know that we truly enjoyed his service and friendship while on board. You should request him as a server if you don't already have a favorite.

Thanks alot!

Dave

Dave and Micha is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #33
JustinsMommy07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
I'm excited to have one this trip....we did it a little differently on the last cruise.

What other kind of stuff do we want to do with this group for the cruise?
I thought that I replied earlier...guess I forgot to hit the post button Anyway, on the last cruise that I was on the Disers had a couple of meets planned. We were only able to make one of them because of DS schedule. If we didn't take our cues from him we would be dealing with a major case of "crankies!" They also linked dining reservations. We weren't able to do this either because we had the first dining, while most of them had the second dining. Hopefully this cruise will work out a little better. I am noticing that there may be a couple of kids closer to DS age.

I like the pirate Kermit pic. The Disigns board also has another one with Pirate Kermit in a porthole. These would be great for t-shirts and magnets. I made some t-shirts for the last cruise we were on. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but a couple of them had the ink run. I hope that I can figure out where I went wrong because they were really cool!
Me DH DS#1 DS#2

JustinsMommy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #34
ranidayz

LESS THAN ONE YEAR TILL OUR CRUISE!

364 DAYS!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 AM   #35
ranidayz

I think I have the kermit in a porthole - but if you find it can you post it? We can pick which one we want for a shirt and which one for a magnet (even luggage tags!) and upload it to Vista Print to take advantage of their free tshirt offers.....

Quote:
I thought that I replied earlier...guess I forgot to hit the post button Anyway, on the last cruise that I was on the Disers had a couple of meets planned. We were only able to make one of them because of DS schedule. If we didn't take our cues from him we would be dealing with a major case of "crankies!" They also linked dining reservations. We weren't able to do this either because we had the first dining, while most of them had the second dining. Hopefully this cruise will work out a little better. I am noticing that there may be a couple of kids closer to DS age.

I like the pirate Kermit pic. The Disigns board also has another one with Pirate Kermit in a porthole. These would be great for t-shirts and magnets. I made some t-shirts for the last cruise we were on. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but a couple of them had the ink run. I hope that I can figure out where I went wrong because they were really cool!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #36
JustinsMommy07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think I have the kermit in a porthole - but if you find it can you post it? We can pick which one we want for a shirt and which one for a magnet (even luggage tags!) and upload it to Vista Print to take advantage of their free tshirt offers.....
Ok here is the kermit in a porthole. I got it from the disign board, but I am sorry to say that I don't remember who disigned it. ( I have collected alot of disigns over there )

Oh yea...we would have to change the 2009 to 2010. And we could change the wording to Caribbean Amphibians.
Me DH DS#1 DS#2

Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #37
ranidayz

I think that would be great for 1)Door Magnets (easy to identify for fish extenders!) and Luggage tags (pic on the front, info on the back!) Cool!

I'm thinking maybe the other Kermit pic for tshirts since it's got some motion -- what do you think?

Quote:
Ok here is the kermit in a porthole. I got it from the disign board, but I am sorry to say that I don't remember who disigned it. ( I have collected alot of disigns over there )

Oh yea...we would have to change the 2009 to 2010. And we could change the wording to Caribbean Amphibians.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #38
JustinsMommy07
Mouseketeer

Yes I like the other one for t-shirts too! I've never used vista print. Gonna have to check it out.
Me DH DS#1 DS#2

Old 04-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #39
ranidayz

11 months and 1 week until our cruise!

I thought we'd have a bunch more people on this thread by now....hmmmmm...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
3dog2kidmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
11 months and 1 week until our cruise!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
3dog2kidmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #41
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

I love Kermit in the Porthole! I haven't been around for a while but just checking in to say hello.
tinkerbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #42
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Wink Here's 10 more!

Hello everyone! We will be adding 10 to your cruise. My husband and I, plus our son, his wife and his 2 kids, 3 and 5, plus our daughter and hubby, and their 2 kids, 13 and 7. I don't know all the shortforms for them. It will be a once in a lifetime family experience full of great memories, I'm sure. I've been planning it for a year and a half already. It should be fun trying to co-ordinate everything as we're in Florida at that time and they will have to fly down from icy Canada and we'll all meet up somehow. I can't wait!!!! I am a big planner, sometimes I worry too much, but I'd like to figure out some of the best excursions available to us. Now I don't know if my DIL...is that daughter in law? will feel safe leaving the kids on the ship to go touring. She might want them to go, so we'll have to do a beach or something. My hubby and I have been to St t and St. M. before and we'd just like to walk aroung the towns. They have never seen any of it, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll just chill out and let them choose their own activities. We don't have to do everything together, do we?
We'll all be in inside cat 11 rooms and I hope its not claustrophobic...I hear they are nice. How did this fish extender come to be? Do you all participate? Talk to you later.
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #43
ranidayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Nana 4 View Post
Hello everyone! We will be adding 10 to your cruise. My husband and I, plus our son, his wife and his 2 kids, 3 and 5, plus our daughter and hubby, and their 2 kids, 13 and 7. I don't know all the shortforms for them. It will be a once in a lifetime family experience full of great memories, I'm sure. I've been planning it for a year and a half already. It should be fun trying to co-ordinate everything as we're in Florida at that time and they will have to fly down from icy Canada and we'll all meet up somehow. I can't wait!!!! I am a big planner, sometimes I worry too much, but I'd like to figure out some of the best excursions available to us. Now I don't know if my DIL...is that daughter in law? will feel safe leaving the kids on the ship to go touring. She might want them to go, so we'll have to do a beach or something. My hubby and I have been to St t and St. M. before and we'd just like to walk aroung the towns. They have never seen any of it, so we'll see. Maybe, I'll just chill out and let them choose their own activities. We don't have to do everything together, do we?
We'll all be in inside cat 11 rooms and I hope its not claustrophobic...I hear they are nice. How did this fish extender come to be? Do you all participate? Talk to you later.
wow - i think we're going to have to set up a spreadsheet one of these days! welcome!

the fish extender thing (and some other things) are DIS inventions and great ways of identifying and clicking with each other on the cruise for a memorable experience. Basically, it's a cute little mail box for trinkets from others in the group. It's going to be a lot of fun.

My kids at that time will be 13, 11 and 6.....
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #44
Disney Nana 4
Mouseketeer

Sounds good!

I'll have a GS who is 13 and and one who will be 5, and a GD who will be 7. The little GD will be 3, going on 20! Have you thought of any excursions, or are you just going to play it by ear? These threads are great for getting ideas and tips and just keeping the excitement alive!
Disney Nana 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #45
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Disney Nana - where abouts are you in Ontario? We're between London and Sarnia. We should compare notes on flights. I haven't booked mine yet - we usually go out of Detroit.

Welcome!

Beth
tinkerbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: