Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #151
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Well, since we have to fly into Tampa - your drive won't be nearly as bad as ours!

We are looking for hotels that we can stay in after a midnight arrival. No shuttles run past midnight it seems and I would prefer not to rent a car at that time and pick up extra charges. Isn't vacation planning fun?!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #152
EJ'sMom
Earning My Ears

Pumpkin 21,

We are from Ontario and just booked are flights out of Buffalo using Southwest. For 3 of us, it was roughly $1300; departing on Friday March 12 (about 269$each), and then leaving Orland Monday March 23 (about $188 each). Direct flights.
There are lots left but many have 1 stop in them. Check it out! Hopefully something will work for you!
EJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #153
Tia
Mouseketeer

By the time our cruise rolls around I will be ready for the warm weather, it is cold and windy here today. Not as bad as some other places but colder than usual. I have about 1/2 of my Christmas shoppoing done, I'm hoping to finish this weekend.

-Donna
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #154
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

just booked my palo brunch and high tea today....
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #155
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

We got our Palo dinner and an excursion booked - it is almost beginning to feel real. Once Christmas and New Year's pass, I bet the planning (and anticipation) will go into high gear.

Happy Monday all!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #156
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

We're 1st time cruisers with DCL, so we have to wait until December 28th to book the fun stuff. That didn't stop me from pouring over the excursion booklet last night. However, there wasn't much that really grabbed my attention. What excursions have you booked?

We're flying into WDW on March 11th and having a couple days there to adjust to EST before the cruise. We're also staying a couple days after the cruise. Anyone staying at WDW before or after?

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #157
Tony94
DIS Veteran

2 months and 27 days sounds really soon!!!
Disney Magic 2010!!!

Tony94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #158
pumpkin21
Mouseketeer

EJ's mom,
thanks for the info on SW. I've checked but for our dates (we need to be back for work on the Monday) it is 526 per person for a big total of $3158. It is much cheaper for the 6 of us to drive. Hoping there isn't a big snow storm. We are going to leave the Thursday so we should have lots of time for the drive down.

What time do most people arrive at the port on Saturday?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #159
Tia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin21 View Post
EJ's mom,
thanks for the info on SW. I've checked but for our dates (we need to be back for work on the Monday) it is 526 per person for a big total of $3158. It is much cheaper for the 6 of us to drive. Hoping there isn't a big snow storm. We are going to leave the Thursday so we should have lots of time for the drive down.

What time do most people arrive at the port on Saturday?
we will be on the 10am shuttle from the Radisson. I like to get there as early as possible!

-Donna
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #160
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

We plan to hike on St. John. Every visit to St. John I have hit the beach via catamaran and seen nothing more than the beach (not that it is bad to just see the gorgeous beaches of St. John!) so this time an inland excursion sounds about right.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #161
papertraveller
DIS Veteran

I was just reading up on the main cruise board, where they say the new villains show will have its debut in late March. And apparently the cast for the Golden Mickeys departs Feb. 27, which leaves us with a variety show or additional movie. Have to confess I'm a bit disappointed; since this is our first Disney cruise I was hoping for the full experience. Ah well.

And a question for you lucky returning cruisers: were you able to make your Palo/shore excursion bookings with ease? I'm still debating whether it will be worth staying up 'til midnight to make the booking at that 75-day mark. Plus the way things are going, we can't decide on the shore stuff anyway!
papertraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #162
Tony94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
I was just reading up on the main cruise board, where they say the new villains show will have its debut in late March. And apparently the cast for the Golden Mickeys departs Feb. 27, which leaves us with a variety show or additional movie. Have to confess I'm a bit disappointed; since this is our first Disney cruise I was hoping for the full experience. Ah well.

And a question for you lucky returning cruisers: were you able to make your Palo/shore excursion bookings with ease? I'm still debating whether it will be worth staying up 'til midnight to make the booking at that 75-day mark. Plus the way things are going, we can't decide on the shore stuff anyway!
I was hoping that they would try out the new show with us!
Disney Magic 2010!!!

Tony94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #163
EJ'sMom
Earning My Ears

I hope that isn't true,,,,my son would love to see the new villan show. What a drag...not even the original show?? That just doesn't seem fair!
EJ'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #164
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

I did not wait for midnight to book anything. I did it mid day and even went back after the Silvers were released to do some additional planning.

I think you'll find the DIS boards have rabid fans, but they/we represent only a small portion of the actual cruisers onboard.

And if you don't get everything you want pre-cruise - go to the stations on the first day to check, they may be able to help you out.

I am holding out hope there may be some sneak peeks at the Villains show as we are only two cruises prior to the debut. If not, the variety entertainers can be quite fun.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #165
gjramsey
Earning My Ears

First time cruisers here. We bought our airfare last night, flying into Tampa. That ended up being $1400 cheaper for 5 of us then flying into Orlando. Now we need to book us a room for Friday night. We were also shocked at how much the airfare was from Houston to Orlando, and the only guess I have is that it spring break time of the year.

We are looking forward to it, the boys don't know what to expect yet, so they are more excited about Santa right now.

March 13th can't come soon enough!
gjramsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: