Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #751
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Counter offer nothing: here's what he needs to say, "Mom, I work nights. We will stop by this weekend for a little bit." Put your foot down a couple of times and she will wise up. Of course, I have yet to practice what I preach.
I think we worked out that we are going to tell her that we will be celebrating with BIL in a few weeks when we go out and that Marc will go over Friday afternoon and then I will pick him up on my way home with a short little hour visit for me. BIL needs to borrow Marc's truck this weekend so that gives Marc the chance to drop it off. We are both going to "sleep" on it tonight and then he will call her tomorrow.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #752
Princesskeyblade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
back!!! I am sure that nothing that we have had going on has been near as exciting as your trip!!! Can't wait for you to start your TR!
Thanks!!!! I can't wait to start... I hope to begin in a couple of days... I need a chance to recover.

Honestly... It is funny... I will put the teasers up on my PTR tomorrow... but I will tell you that DF is already talking about going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WELCOME BACK!! Not too much has been going on. I missed you!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!
I missed you guys too.. I can't wait to tell you all about it... I am uploading the pictures from it now....

But I can tell you... The Boardwalk Inn was awesome!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/9hft8tdfov8uptww.png[/img]

My Pre-Trip Report- Pumpkins and Pirates
I'm Back!!!! Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys, Oh My!

I'm a LapuLapuette, are you? Find out Here Bring rum!!!!

I have been boo'd by If U Had Wings!
Princesskeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2008, 08:30 PM   #753
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Oh, FIL and BIL's birthdays are both this week and god knows a birthday can't pass without a freaking shindig. .......

DED.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #754
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesskeyblade View Post
Thanks!!!! I can't wait to start... I hope to begin in a couple of days... I need a chance to recover.

Honestly... It is funny... I will put the teasers up on my PTR tomorrow... but I will tell you that DF is already talking about going back!
He must have caught the same "Disney Bug" that Marc caught while we were down there!!

Quote:
I missed you guys too.. I can't wait to tell you all about it... I am uploading the pictures from it now....

I've always wanted to stay there so I really can't wait to hear all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post

DED.

I am glad my MIL angst can bring a smile to your face.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #755
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Hey Gang---Happy Sunday!!! I can't believe it is 10pm and I am just now hopping on the DIS!!!! BUT, I do have a good excuse---we were gone all day today.......we drove the 2 hours down to Natural Bridge State Park to go hiking and enjoy the view from the "bridge." This is actually one of my favorite places to go to in our state---it is beautiful....they have lots of pretty hiking trails, and if you don't like hiking, you can also ride the scenic skylift up. The bridge is a natural rock formation in the shape of a bridge---it has a beautiful overlook. On a sidenote, this is where Tom proposed to me.....AWWWWWWWW!!!!! We haven't actually been back there since, so it was neat taking Megs down there. Today was probably the last decent day around here---turning COLD probably for good tomorrow, so we wanted to soak up the decent weather and go for a good hike.

Not much progress on the November trip---we did talk about it several times during the drive---he wants to go, but he also wants to take a more relaxing laid back trip like the one we had planned for Gatlinburg. He also has about 100 things he wants to do right now---to the house, with our cars, etc., etc.---I think he just keeps finding ways to talk himself out of it.

I hate his finicky-ness---I am to the point where I really don't see it happening, but I would SO love it if he would just stop changing his mind constantly---getting so hard to figure out which track he is heading down.

PKB--so glad you are home--can't wait to hear all about it!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
MegansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #756
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Hey Gang---Happy Sunday!!! I can't believe it is 10pm and I am just now hopping on the DIS!!!! BUT, I do have a good excuse---we were gone all day today.......we drove the 2 hours down to Natural Bridge State Park to go hiking and enjoy the view from the "bridge." This is actually one of my favorite places to go to in our state---it is beautiful....they have lots of pretty hiking trails, and if you don't like hiking, you can also ride the scenic skylift up. The bridge is a natural rock formation in the shape of a bridge---it has a beautiful overlook. On a sidenote, this is where Tom proposed to me.....AWWWWWWWW!!!!! We haven't actually been back there since, so it was neat taking Megs down there. Today was probably the last decent day around here---turning COLD probably for good tomorrow, so we wanted to soak up the decent weather and go for a good hike.

Not much progress on the November trip---we did talk about it several times during the drive---he wants to go, but he also wants to take a more relaxing laid back trip like the one we had planned for Gatlinburg. He also has about 100 things he wants to do right now---to the house, with our cars, etc., etc.---I think he just keeps finding ways to talk himself out of it.

I hate his finicky-ness---I am to the point where I really don't see it happening, but I would SO love it if he would just stop changing his mind constantly---getting so hard to figure out which track he is heading down.

PKB--so glad you are home--can't wait to hear all about it!
Sounds like you had a great day.

Boo to Tom's finicky-ness!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #757
MegansMom

Hey sweetie----sorry about the MIL drama, you KNOW I can relate oh too well!!!! I am so proud of you guys for standing your ground.......I TOTALLY think what you have planned out sounds perfectly fine to me!!! I am sure it will be just as good for BIL!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 10-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #758
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am BACK!!!!

We had the most magical time.... I can't believe it is over!

I am downloading my photopass pictures now!

So...... Can I get a cliff notes of whats been going on?
I can't believe you're home already! So glad to hear it was magical.

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:12 AM   #759
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we worked out that we are going to tell her that we will be celebrating with BIL in a few weeks when we go out and that Marc will go over Friday afternoon and then I will pick him up on my way home with a short little hour visit for me. BIL needs to borrow Marc's truck this weekend so that gives Marc the chance to drop it off. We are both going to "sleep" on it tonight and then he will call her tomorrow.
That sounds like a good plan -- it limits your interaction with her which is a good thing!

Quote:

Quote:
That sounds like fun! It is going to turn really cold here later this week (well Tuesday) and I am so not looking forward to it. Brrrr! I would be happy with warm weather all year long! Maybe I should move to Florida!

Quote:

He needs to quit talking himself out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
I can't believe you're home already! So glad to hear it was magical.
Trixs, I love your new signature print.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #760
MegansMom

Good Morning Miss Jackie---my we are up and DISing early this morning!!! Yes he needs to start talking himself out of it, but I don't think he is going to----boo! I just don't know what to do with him sometimes!!!!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #761
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning Miss Jackie---my we are up and DISing early this morning!!! Yes he needs to start talking himself out of it, but I don't think he is going to----boo! I just don't know what to do with him sometimes!!!!
Unfortunately, I always get up at 5:00 on school days so that I get everything done and everybody ready on time. Of course, my day has to start with coffee and the DIS boards.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #762
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Morning Lapuettes!

I haven't been on much, had a busy weekend.

Yesterday we had a great time! Mom, DH, and I took DS to Santa's Land in Putney, Vt. The weather was beautiful, and we had a lot of fun. DS had a great time playing on the various playgrounds, feeding the animals, and of course, seeing Santa. Actually, we went to see Santa twice! The first time DS was a bit shy, as I expected given our character experiences this past Disney trip. The second time he actually smiled a bit in one of the photos. That's Christmas present fodder for the grandparents, that is.

Afterwards we stopped at Harlow's and got maple syrup and whatnot, and then had lunch/dinner at the Putney Inn. That was amazing! Mom and I both got the turkey pot pie, and it had an herbed crust that was just delish! And DS had chicken fingers and french fries (a kid's portion) and it was a huge amount of food, I was shocked. DH had a good ole bacon cheeseburger, I believe it was applewood smoked bacon. All in all, it was a great day, but I was just flat out pooped when we got home.

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping at night, and last night was the first time I got a solid chunk of sleep in a row. Today we're hoping to have a jammie day, and I'm getting ready to make pancakes so we can have some of that yummy syrup!

How's everyone else doing?
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #763
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Morning Lapuettes!

I haven't been on much, had a busy weekend.

Yesterday we had a great time! Mom, DH, and I took DS to Santa's Land in Putney, Vt. The weather was beautiful, and we had a lot of fun. DS had a great time playing on the various playgrounds, feeding the animals, and of course, seeing Santa. Actually, we went to see Santa twice! The first time DS was a bit shy, as I expected given our character experiences this past Disney trip. The second time he actually smiled a bit in one of the photos. That's Christmas present fodder for the grandparents, that is.

Afterwards we stopped at Harlow's and got maple syrup and whatnot, and then had lunch/dinner at the Putney Inn. That was amazing! Mom and I both got the turkey pot pie, and it had an herbed crust that was just delish! And DS had chicken fingers and french fries (a kid's portion) and it was a huge amount of food, I was shocked. DH had a good ole bacon cheeseburger, I believe it was applewood smoked bacon. All in all, it was a great day, but I was just flat out pooped when we got home.

Lately I've been having trouble sleeping at night, and last night was the first time I got a solid chunk of sleep in a row. Today we're hoping to have a jammie day, and I'm getting ready to make pancakes so we can have some of that yummy syrup!

How's everyone else doing?
TK, sounds like an absolutely wonderful day yesterday, and can I just say that I am sooooo jealous that you get to wear jammies and eat pancakes today? The wind is going to be HOWLING here later today, and I am so going to wish I was home curled up in a blanket. On the bright side, I am planning on taking the kids to the library afterschool, and then we can have hot chocolate later tonight. Except without whipped cream because Connor was trying to help make Oogie Boogie sundaes last night and dropped the can of whipped cream -- the squirter part was broken and unable to be fixed. I know he was just trying to help, but boy, did it take a small miracle for my displeasure not to show.

Anyway, apparently I am in a rambling mood this morning.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #764
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Trixs, I love your new signature print.
Thanks, I felt that it needed to match my Halloween costume...can you guess what it is?

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
trixiequilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #765
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Thanks, I felt that it needed to match my Halloween costume...can you guess what it is?
Are you going to be a Tigger?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: